PDA

View Full Version : moves you expect to see by the 31st.

dcannon456
07-11-2008, 05:49 AM
the trade deadline has always been one of my favorite times of the year, personally i feel like its when the teams begin their real push towards the rest of the season and games become more meaningful, but anyways as you all know the trading ice has been broken by what will probably be the biggest moves before the deadline with the moving of CC and Haren but as someone who follows an individual team much more closeley than the major leauges as a single entity. what moves are you hoping and expecting your team makes in the coming weeks.

viktor06
07-11-2008, 06:34 AM
With Alou out, I really expect Mets purchasing Nady or Ibanez for a decent package excluding Fmart

FriarFanatic
07-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Padres will trade a bunch of guys just not sure who exactly

Tragedy
07-11-2008, 03:39 PM
-Padres have the firesale: I have to assume Maddux is out the door.

-Yankees will trade away someone and look for a fix somewhere (Maybe a bench player).

-Red Sox will pick up a reliever (Everyone keeps saying Marte; I'm sure that guy will be traded SOMEWHERE, though).

-The Cardinals go in the hunt for a starter after losing Mulder for the 64th time.

lavell12
07-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Mark Teixeira will be playing for one of the LA Teams.

viktor06
07-11-2008, 03:56 PM
I doubt Maddux will get traded - full no trade clause and he likes pitching at petco. It'd have to be either Cubs or Braves and those arent likely to pursue him

Marte will be very pricy, odds are he will be type A after the season...not sure if anyone is willing to match those draft picks

I see Phillies acquiring someone like Burnett, Wolf or Arroyo

Dodgers - Adam Dunn for Andre Ethier maybe?

FriarFanatic
07-11-2008, 05:37 PM
no maddux will get traded among other padres. there will be plenty traded

Johan=LightsOut
07-11-2008, 06:17 PM
mets will obtain holliday

FriarFanatic
07-11-2008, 07:09 PM
they'd have to get rid of Fmart if they do though

yojoe792
07-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Matt Holliday will NOT be traded. It makes no sense why teams do this. They would get VERY similar value for him next year if they held on for another season.

The Dodgers will make pushes at Matt Holliday and Mark Teixeira, but will back out as usual. Neither will be traded.

Xavier Nady traded. Raul Ibanez traded. Jack Wilson traded.

nme
07-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Mark Teixeira will be playing for one of the LA Teams.

My guess would be the Angels.

Dodgers - Adam Dunn for Andre Ethier maybe?

The Dodgers have been rumored to be interested in Dunn for a while. Personally, I'm completely against it, and I would be very surprised to see it happen. As of right now, Jones Ks far too much, Kemp is on pace for 178 Ks this season, so another strikeout machine is not really what we need.

GHGHCP
07-11-2008, 07:33 PM
How about Dunn for Pierre, Jones, Proctor, Falkenborg, Colletti and a week with Alissa Milano.

Buckwheat
07-11-2008, 07:44 PM
mets will obtain holliday

For what?

They would want so many young players.. Which the Mets have none of with the Johan trade. Unless you are willing to give up "FMart", it won't happen.

Kinsm
07-11-2008, 08:02 PM
How about Dunn for Pierre, Jones, Proctor, Falkenborg, Colletti and a week with Alissa Milano.

Walt Jocketty would be an idiiot if he didn't trade Dunn for a week with Alyssa Milano; who wouldn't make that trade.

I expect the Reds to trade Dunn, Weathers, Affeldt, and maybe Lincoln or one of their catchers.

TheBatchelor213
07-11-2008, 08:13 PM

rofl

dmb
07-12-2008, 02:01 AM
I am sure the Cardinals will try to get a starting pitcher, but most likely the Cubs will make another move and get Matt Holliday

jmtapia
07-12-2008, 03:10 AM
after the latest lost by the Braves its almost certain that Tex will be gone in a couple weeks...let the bidding war begin. As a Braves fan i hope he goes to the Rays.

supermatt1331
07-12-2008, 03:14 AM
I am sure the Cardinals will try to get a starting pitcher, but most likely the Cubs will make another move and get Matt Holliday

Then they better hope they win the world series this year, because their farm system is going to be in shambles after dealing for both Harden and Holliday.

I would hope someone bites on AJ Burnett. It would be nice to see the Jays get a solid package in return for him. Looking at the NL Arms race recently, I would say that someone is likely to pony up for his arm.

WOwolfOL
07-12-2008, 03:19 AM
Burnett would win a CY under Dave Duncan.

supermatt1331
07-12-2008, 03:23 AM
Burnett would win a CY under Dave Duncan.

i dont think Burnett will win a CY Young with anyone. He has one of his good friends and a great pitching coach with him already (Brad Arnsberg) and not to mention Roy Halladay to mentor him and yet he cant seem to be better than a .500 pitcher. Although this year he has pitched better than his record indicates. Hes had 3-4 very ugly starts which have inflated his numbers.

redbird89
07-12-2008, 03:32 AM

We probably need a bat more than a starter. Even with the Mulder/Boggs spot, I think we can trudge through it for a while. Hopefully Wainwright will be back in August.

I think we need a bat, but if this team's bat finally woke up (hopefully, they scored 6 runs tonight), we may be okay.

We don't have the kind of prospects to go out and get a star pitcher or a great bat. I think we'll work with what we have, whether that means sending a few prospects (not Rasmus) to get decent help, or standing pat.

Buckwheat
07-12-2008, 05:22 AM

No way we are getting Holliday. We have nothing to give.

allenehrl
07-12-2008, 07:03 AM
The Yankees will get Matt Holliday if Brian Cashman finally comes to his senses and realizes that he's dead wrong about how valuable the Yanks' minor league prospects are. Cashman will also sign Richie Sexson. The Yankees desperately need replacements for Damon and Matsui or their season is over and down the tubes.

allenehrl
07-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Matt Holliday to the Yankees if Cashman comes to his senses and realizes he has to trade the prospects and desperately needs a replacement for Damon and Matsui, both with potentially career ending injuries. Holliday is the only hope to save the Yankees' season. Otherwise they're down the tubes for good. They should also sign Richie Sexson.

thefeckcampaign
07-12-2008, 07:40 AM
i don't expect anything when it comes to the Phillies or any team for that matter but we all know the Phils need one more starter.

Giannis94
07-12-2008, 08:31 AM
bluejays offered hardy for burnett. We got escobar

MetsFan28
07-12-2008, 01:06 PM
I am not saying I think the Mets will obtain Holliday, but it is possible. Johan is supposed to be the best pitcher in baseball, which is why the Mets gave up many good prospects. Holliday is good but if you look at is stats away from Colorado it isn't that great. It is still good, but not the 35 homer .330 avg we see right now. Mets still have Heilman, Chavez and Pagan who all have trade value. They also have Mike Carp, Nick Evans, Jon Niese, Michael Abreu, Argenis Reyes, Eddie Kunz...the list goes on and on. They still have a good farm system. I think that Omar will find a way to get Bay or Holliday on the team.