PDA

View Full Version : Barnes not returning next season

Tmac416
07-11-2008, 02:29 AM
From teh espn article about maggette signing."Maggette is expected to fill voids left by the departure of swingman Mickael Pietrus to Orlando, and the loss of forward Matt Barnes, whom Nelson said won't be back."

It also says that were going to sign monta and biedrins at any cost so lets top with wild trade ideas.
"Veterans Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington are the only regulars currently under contract, but Mullin has said the team will sign high-scoring guard Monta Ellis and center Andris Biedrins -- both restricted free agents -- at any price, hopefully to long-term deals."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3482163

I think this means were serious about getting bukie back and belinelli is gonna be playing more

Countdown
07-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Is Barnes a Restircted FA? Would you guys do a S&T with Toronto for Carlos Delfino, and maybe Kris Humphries to equal out contracts.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Yup, Barnes is gone. I just hope Buike doesn't go anywhere.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Bring back Kelenna a key back-up at both the 2 & 3

likemystylez
07-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I wouldnt mind having Barnes come back for the 1 million dollar exception. 4 million was too much for him.

I likedhis energy, versatility, and I think he brought some attitude to the team. His mind wasnt all there last year when he was going through the stuff with his mother passing away and being sick.

I still think he adds quality depth and another capable ball handler which could help with Barons departure. Ironicaly- Baron being here might have been the main reason the warriors had so much interest in him the last few yrs.

No matter what happens... most warriors fans will root for Barnes no matter what team he plays for.

tru_warrior
07-11-2008, 02:59 PM
i saw matt barnes in an interview on abc and i just really felt for the guy. he obviously loves it here and wants to stay here. he was hoping for a long term contract last season but couldn't find any buyers. now he is coming off a sub-par year and he'll be lucky to get a multi-year deal.

personally, i'd love for sacramento to pick him up. he can go back home and get everything going for him again. he talked about how he and his fiancee loved it here and that she's pregnant as well.

i know we're not suppose to get close to players on an emotional level...but its hard not to feel for matt barnes after all the obstacles he has faced throughout his career.

Tmac416
07-11-2008, 03:12 PM
exactly. i really thought we would bring him back, im suprised. but i really want the guy to succeed. i think he can play, for some reason nellie fell out of love with him the guy is gonna make somones teams

Beno7500
07-11-2008, 03:22 PM
How about you come back to sac barnes? we liked you here