PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is there 2 much hype over 2010

Kyben36
07-11-2008, 01:35 AM
I know that everyone talks about freeing up cap space for 2010 but lets get real guys, Yes there are some big names that "MIGHT" come out due to Player options and Early term options but there are only so many out there guys and every team wants them. plus if we plan to keep the young guys on our team we will have to use cap on them as well. players like Noah Tyrus and Tabo. then we should try and keep room in there to resign Rose if he is a good as everyone thinks he will be. If he is that good we will offer him a huge ***** contract. So does anyone else think there is two much Hype over 2010????

abe_froman
07-11-2008, 01:43 AM
I know that everyone talks about freeing up cap space for 2010 but lets get real guys, Yes there are some big names that "MIGHT" come out due to Player options and Early term options but there are only so many out there guys and every team wants them. plus if we plan to keep the young guys on our team we will have to use cap on them as well. players like Noah Tyrus and Tabo. then we should try and keep room in there to resign Rose if he is a good as everyone thinks he will be. If he is that good we will offer him a huge ***** contract. So does anyone else think there is two much Hype over 2010????

yes there is,but since we have to make trades anyways,why not keep it in mind.as well as most of whats available or rumored for us to be involved in are expirings before or at that time anyways

Ashman23
07-11-2008, 03:00 AM
Short answer - YES

Longer version - Everyone will be clamoring for the Wades, the Boshs etc. we just need to be in a great position to capitalise as if we don't then somebody else will. Why miss the opportunity to possibly have Wade in a Bulls uniform. Or be a player for a lesser 'superstar' as other teams maneuver to have a shot at them.

SwaggaIke
07-11-2008, 03:01 AM
Yea it is. A lot of players won't even be leaving their teams. Its even been overhyped by myself. Dwyane has been speaking w/ confidence about this Heat roster. He even said himself that he believes the playoffs are a given for us this season. And its only going to get better for us. I can honestly see Bosh leaving Toronto, Amare leaving Phoenix and a couple others. But not everyone will leave their team.

DamnGoat
07-11-2008, 03:03 AM
It deserves the hype.

It's not every offseason that players like Wade, LeBron, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson can become Free Agents.

Just imagine a few of those guys being available when we had all that money to play with a couple years ago.

DeShaun Brown
07-11-2008, 03:14 AM
It deserves the hype.

It's not every offseason that players like Wade, LeBron, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson can become Free Agents.

Just imagine a few of those guys being available when we had all that money to play with a couple years ago.

I agree.

inL1MBO
07-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Ditto, we're talking about a list of franchise players that could shock the league by making moves

Sox Appeal
07-11-2008, 07:53 AM
I wouldn't really call it "over hyped". Guys like Lebron, Wade, CB4, will all be free agents. And all of those players are guys you can build around, and win championships with. And I would really like it if Pax would bring in a few expiring for the summer of '10, so we would be able to make a play for one of the superstar players, that will be available.

daleja424
07-11-2008, 08:03 AM
It deserves the hype.

But you wont really have all that much money will you?

Ben Gordon- 10 mil
Luol Deng- 12 mil
Hinrich- 9 mil
Thomas- 7 mil?
Noah- 7 mil?

...thats 45 mil on only 5 players... plus you will have Rose to resign and I am sure that when Noc and Gooden expire you will not just sit on the cap space for a year and suck... The Bulls look good for 2010 RIGHT NOW, but the problem with young teams is that they eventually all have to get paid around the same time...

..and they all think they are better then they are... (ie Gordon and Deng turning down 10 mil each...haha)

JordansBulls
07-11-2008, 08:08 AM

Ben Gordon- 10 mil
Luol Deng- 12 mil
Hinrich- 9 mil
Thomas- 7 mil?
Noah- 7 mil?

...thats 45 mil on only 5 players... plus you will have Rose to resign and I am sure that when Noc and Gooden expire you will not just sit on the cap space for a year and suck... The Bulls look good for 2010 RIGHT NOW, but the problem with young teams is that they eventually all have to get paid around the same time...

..and they all think they are better then they are... (ie Gordon and Deng turning down 10 mil each...haha)

Well Hinrich or Nocioni might not be around, but I agree about the 2010 class is all hype. I say let's go for Vince Carter or Gilbert Arenas or Carmelo Anthony or possibly even Dwyane Wade now.

Deng's Rose
07-11-2008, 09:47 AM
yeah of coarse you would.

kozelkid
07-11-2008, 10:35 AM

Ben Gordon- 10 mil
Luol Deng- 12 mil
Hinrich- 9 mil
Thomas- 7 mil?
Noah- 7 mil?

deng wont get more than 11mil, and gordon wont get more than 9mil probably, not to mention pax is a genius in terms of frontloading contracts and as JB said hinrich and noci probably wont be part of the team in 2-3 years if we trade for expirigns. bulls can easily have enough to get another great player. Except if tyrus does reach his potential by then, then it will be tough to know whose the best fit for the bulls then...

97'bulls
07-11-2008, 11:14 AM
There's WAY to much hype over 2010, I'm sooooo sick of it

SwaggaIke
07-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Well Hinrich or Nocioni might not be around, but I agree about the 2010 class is all hype. I say let's go for Vince Carter or Gilbert Arenas or Carmelo Anthony or possibly even Dwyane Wade now.

All pipe dreams.

Deng's Rose
07-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Wouldnt tell him that. Your going to break his heart.

jgonboricua
07-11-2008, 01:43 PM
tyrus thomas is probably going to command more than 7 mil.....an so will noah,
Diop just got the whole MLE and noah is way better than diop, noahwill deserve atleast 10 mil if not more depending on how well he develops, and if thomas has the year everyone thinks he is going to have there goes another 12-14 mil a year contract...thabo will prolly get something like 7 a year

rico
07-11-2008, 08:19 PM
It deserves the hype.

well said.