PDA

View Full Version : Karl, Nugs, "want the same team back"

DenButsu
07-11-2008, 01:24 AM
They want the same squad back, basically, from how it sounds.

And that includes Diawara.

And Najera met with the Nets and is showing strong interest in San Antonio, but it could include him as well.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/10/spurs-nets-both-line-land-nuggets-najera/

Just read the whole thing. :smoking:

Theanswer76
07-11-2008, 01:35 AM
i dont think thats a smart idea :/

Game_Over
07-11-2008, 02:37 AM
I'm ok with everything except Carter and Atkins this is just horrible how can they just think it will be ok again with them two again.. Now offence to AC I wouldn't mind him being a backup he did try but not a starter and if he was anything more than someone would have offered him more than the league minimum!!

avsman05
07-11-2008, 05:09 AM
i will bow my head in shame... well here we go... go Nuggets one more year with this squad hope Karl grows some balls cuz melo is going to have to play some perimeter d with kmart. Ai ac and at are way to small and cant do it themselves.

TheFuture6
07-11-2008, 05:23 AM
I want the same team back too. All I really want is a mostly healthy season, and a coach who actually coaches... too bad that is waay to much to ask for.

mgthompson
07-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Our core may work, but we need an upgrade on the bench. We need more balance. When AI and Melo combine to score 70 of the points and the only real point contributors off the bench are Kleiza and JR, we have a problem.

Also injuries are sometimes unforseen but having Camby, KMart and Nene on the roster just boosts the chance. I know we all want to see a healthy season, but having the players we have reduce the chance of that happening. That is why someone needs to move, so that we can mitigate injuries.

Minimal Defense, lack of a quality PG, Short backcourt, lack of perimeter shooting.....Ya that worked for us last year, lets try it again.

While everyone gets better, we want to stay the same....:confused:

DJiC
07-11-2008, 09:47 AM
YES THE SAME EXACT TEAM HERE WE COME 8th PLACE HERE WE COME PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME CHAMPIONSHIP I CAN FEEL IT..........NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS CRAP FIRE KARL FOR CHRIST SAKES HE DOESN"T KNOW WHAT HE"S DOING ANYMORE HE IS GARBAGE AND ITS TIME TO TAKE OUT THE GARBAGE

DenButsu
07-11-2008, 11:09 AM
I have zero confidence that Karl can make "the duo" fit into a scheme that creates a legitimate championship contender.

And I have little confidence that the duo could accomplish that together even with a much better coach.

One thing that Melo and AI have in common: they need to be surrounded by very solid defenders to increase the overall effectiveness of a lineup that includes them.

And so both of them being in the same lineup sets each of them back before they even get started.

I consider this bad news. If it's true, and they don't make any big moves, I hope they prove me wrong, I really do.

But as for last season, they get the big "FAIL" in that department.

What an embarrassing showing in the playoffs. That's what we want to keep together?

REALLY?!?!?

:eyebrow:

roygconner
07-11-2008, 11:11 AM
If this team pretty much stays the same as last year Karl had better preach team basketball and not me first basketball. If this is true they had better sign some free agents to fill the bench holes. Harrison would be a great addition and is willing to play for the minimum. By January of next season if they are not performing up to expectations they had better trade AI, Becuase if they do not perform better next season he will be gone signing with a team that actualy has a chance. Not doing the Camby for Hinrich trade IMO is a very big mistake by the Nugs 3 headed dumbass in the front office.

Broncs4Life
07-11-2008, 11:36 AM
:bang:

Everyone is improving and still they stand pat :down:
I'm frustrated to say the least, especially since they are sticking with a team that got blown out in the playoffs. At least all the other groups in previous years were able to win 1 game, yet this one couldn't do that...And here they want everyone back. :sigh:

3RDASYSTEM
07-11-2008, 04:43 PM
U Know U In Trouble When Three Guys R Makin Personnel Decisions, Also They Should Bring In Dwayne Casey As Assistant For Def Scheme

DenButsu
07-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Well, by letting Eddie go they have even failed to bring the same roster back, if in fact that's their goal.

As things stand now, they're bringing a worse roster back.

I've argued this extensively in here before, and I'll say it again now: People really underestimate just how much Najera contributed to this team.

Let me as a question: What happens when a team that can barely keep it together loses its best glue guy?

All signs point to the answer being: It falls apart.

Game_Over
07-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Well I guess this obviously wasn't the truth lol..

IndiansFan337
07-16-2008, 01:25 AM
So much for Karl getting his "same team back".

They're not even a playoff team now.

They need to rebuild, I guess.

C-Dub
07-16-2008, 11:04 AM
he prolly said that because he didnt want to give away the big news that we are getting a really good player and a couple role players this offseason (fingers crossed!) the FO is crazy if they dont get anyone by the beginning of the season.

Crunchy12489
07-16-2008, 01:52 PM
So much for Karl getting his "same team back".

They're not even a playoff team now.

They need to rebuild, I guess.

100% agree. Well... 94%..... 6% of hope :(

Kohaku
07-16-2008, 01:53 PM
There goes our "same team"...

traiter
07-16-2008, 01:58 PM
This wasn't a BAD deal for either party including the Nuggets!!

Cambys stock was the highest it was going to be and because of his injury riddled past. So we dealt him before he was untradable (ala - Kenyon or NENE).

It shows that we have a plan in mind as well that we recognized what we were doing or have done won't cut it. Now between the cap room camby freed up and iversons expiring contract (either at the trade deadline or at the end of the seaspon) we will have shed 40 million of the cap.

Anyone who doesn't think thats a good plan go look at the 2009 free agent list, not to mention the 2010!

Yes this might make us somewhere between a 35-50 win team and make making the playoffs hard but really is one bad year on the way to rebuilding any worse then being the 4th highest payroll in the league and being bounced in the first round AGAIN??

having a front office with a plan is better then have a front office satisfied with mediocrity!

Read this article and it will help you understand more!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...t&lid=tab5pos1