PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Insider ranks Packers 4th best WR group

hughest4
07-10-2008, 11:27 PM
ESPN Insider has written an article that ranks all of the teams WR's in the NFL. Its a free article so all of you can see it here...

4. Green Bay Packers
Head coach Mike McCarthy places a high emphasis on a short, high-percentage passing attack out of multiple spread groupings to set up the run. The Packers have a talented receiving corps led by Donald Driver and Greg Jennings. Driver is the primary receiver and does a great job of occupying defenses, which allows Jennings more opportunities in the red zone. Driver is a terrific route-runner with very good athleticism and body control. He is a fearless player who will go over the middle and make a tough catch in a crowd. Jennings has good hands and is a very instinctive runner after the catch. James Jones is a solid possession receiver with natural catching skills and hands. He is a good route-runner with the ability to separate at break points. Rookie second-round pick Jordy Nelson will add solid depth to an impressive receiving corps.

We are ranked behind the Pats, Cardinals, and Bengals

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=3478215&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d3478215%26campaig n%3drss%26source%3dNFLHeadlines

socalpkrbkr
07-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Only 4th! LOL Just kidding, it's respectable. I'm pumped on Nelson, I can't wait to see him in action.

newdude
07-10-2008, 11:49 PM
We'll see if we deserve to be this high.

XJW18
07-11-2008, 02:58 AM
thats kool.
i need to show some of my friends this.
everyone keeps sayin that our WR's are weak

darwin31
07-11-2008, 03:45 AM
I wonder if they would be ranked higher if FAVRE WERE TO COME BACK!!!

......sorry, i just think he should be mentioned in every thread.

beast
07-11-2008, 10:39 AM
4th? The Pats and Cards both lose their #3 guys and Bengals do they have any behind their starters?

StickyGreenFan
07-11-2008, 01:32 PM
thats pretty good out of 32 teams

RcrkllrH2
07-11-2008, 03:24 PM
4th? The Pats and Cards both lose their #3 guys and Bengals do they have any behind their starters?

i hear ya....especially on the bengals front

you figured that they would make the difference between "starting wrs" and "overall corps"

cuz aside from driver and jennings we still have jones, and ruvie

the bengals dont have anyone i dont think...neither do the cards....but i do agree, 4th is very very respectable

Smithy04
07-11-2008, 07:23 PM
About time our wideouts get some much-deserved recognition.

DD, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Martin