PDA

View Full Version : Iverson Anyone?

I Am Beast 19
07-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Before peolple jump down my throat let me start off by saying I love the new Sixers direction, I love Andre Miller anchoring our team, this post is just to see what you guys think.

As for next year, no one knows if Andre Miller is going to stay, with the emergence of our team as a power house it is becoming more likely that he will stay but you never know. If Miller leaves, Lou Williams could be his replacement but im worried about his anchoring the court ability, I know there are other possibilites but Iverson wil be a free agent, I think the Iverson of now compared to of old is a lot more calm down and team oriented. He's not about the stats as much as he was before and he's getting up there in age, and we all know Iverson wants a championship very bad and he will do what he needs to do, in order to get one.

With our team being a serious contender with alot of the right pieces that he didn't have before beause of our GREAT GM BILLY " CAN'T GET NOTHING DONE" KING I think it makes us more attractive to come back to, and speaking for myself as a Super Philly Sport Fan first and foremost, I would love to see Iverson win a championship with the Sixers, how bout it?

Jeff Boyd
07-10-2008, 10:29 PM
I love him but he plays no defense.

I Am Beast 19
07-10-2008, 10:35 PM
That's true, but I think Mo could convince him to do what was necessary to win, I mean he can play D if he wants to, he's getting up there in age he knows his times running out so I think he would be more willing to take more direction then before, and Philly is home for him

Ph1lly Diehard
07-10-2008, 10:35 PM
The only time Iverson comes back with the 76ers is if he signs for a day and retires a 76er.

There is no other way.

I Am Beast 19
07-10-2008, 10:47 PM
I wish some how, some way he would make his way back to philly and help win a championship, specially when we are so poised to make a championship run for years to come, I knew he would most likely only return to retire at the end of his career, but a man can dream!

BADizzleBoY
07-10-2008, 10:48 PM
guess whos back.... back again...... dizzle's back..... tell a friend :D

I'm back but anyways I would welcome iverson to open arms no doubt.

Jeff Boyd
07-10-2008, 10:49 PM
That's true, but I think Mo could convince him to do what was necessary to win, I mean he can play D if he wants to, he's getting up there in age he knows his times running out so I think he would be more willing to take more direction then before, and Philly is home for him

We had him with Mo and it didnt work. No to AI

I Am Beast 19
07-10-2008, 11:30 PM
What do you guys think will happen with andre miller, and if he leaves what do you think will do, cuz i don't know Sweet Lou will be ready

BADizzleBoY
07-10-2008, 11:32 PM
he clearly has stated that his decision on returning will solely be on if the sixers upgrade in the offseason and we obviously have. miller will be with us for probably 3 more years.

Jeff Boyd
07-10-2008, 11:34 PM
What do you guys think will happen with andre miller, and if he leaves what do you think will do, cuz i don't know Sweet Lou will be ready

IMO, Sweet Lou will never be a starting PG IN THE NBA. I think he might have the potential to be 6 Man of the Year and play major minutes like Manu or BEN Gordon. He makes 10 Million, so if he goes we could still sign somebody good.

BADizzleBoY
07-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Its way to early to say williams cant be a starter, he is 22.

Jeff Boyd
07-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Its way to early to say williams cant be a starter, he is 22.

He might be ABLE to start but you will never win a championship with him starting PG.

nothin but net
07-10-2008, 11:40 PM
love ai, always will, but gotta move on man.

lou is def not a starting pg in the nba.

BADizzleBoY
07-10-2008, 11:41 PM
jeff, its way to early to tell, pwople said the same thing about chauncey billups :eyebrow:

Jeff Boyd
07-10-2008, 11:48 PM
jeff, its way to early to tell, pwople said the same thing about chauncey billups :eyebrow:

PLayers can develop you're right but I dont see it.

philsphan28
07-10-2008, 11:50 PM
He might be ABLE to start but you will never win a championship with him starting PG.

I think a lot of people thought that about Rajon Rondo too (he can't shoot, he's too young, not poised, etc), and he was able to do it.

I Am Beast 19
07-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Who else is a good PG free agent, just in case Miller decides to leave?

BADizzleBoY
07-10-2008, 11:52 PM
idk, google it.

Answerback03
07-11-2008, 12:55 PM
the sixers will have the mle next year.... if ai want to return bad enough and make a push he would sign it.... and thats something the sixers must consider.... ai playing for the mle with his production should consider it... he has made enough money in his career.... these last few years should be abt contending... not money

Liney3506
07-11-2008, 01:01 PM
AI will still be able to get something over the MLE. He'll probably get something around $10 million?

Liney3506
07-11-2008, 01:07 PM

I Am Beast 19
07-11-2008, 04:22 PM
That's what Im sayin Answerback, people doubt it, and im not sayin it's going to happen, but we should at least look into it.

sixersfan
07-11-2008, 04:38 PM
lou will be a fine #2, but not a PG.
if and only if we lose a.miller, i would have no problem bringing back AI.
that being said, i want miller to stay.

KiLLaHDiCe12
07-11-2008, 05:21 PM
make it happen ed. If Miller leaves, Bring allen back home, and even if miller doesnt and ai wants to come home and will accept any role, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

HipSlappyJoe
07-11-2008, 08:56 PM
yeah AI is better than Miller, thats obvious, im curious to see if we have cap room to sign him.

AirJordanXVIII
07-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Oh boy. AI replacing Miller would be just nasty. I love AI..

AI
Iggy
Thad
Brand
Dalembert..

No doubt best big 3/4 in the league. Especially after this season when Ray/PP/KG are broken down.

BADizzleBoY
07-11-2008, 11:25 PM
That's what Im sayin Answerback, people doubt it, and im not sayin it's going to happen, but we should at least look into it.

now that ive thought about it... no. he is a good player but he is asking for to much and he will be i think 34. You will get 1 or 2 good - decent years with him at best.

I Am Beast 19
07-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Let me ask you Badizzle, with our line-up and hopeingly a great season next year, you don't think it would be AI's dream situation to come back to philly for the rest of his career and retire after helping us win a championship. I think Iverson might take less money to come back here and finish up his career! He Loves Philly, and if you didn't see him comment on the trade about Brand on sportscenter, his face was so bitter sweet because he knew Philly got a great player, but you could see it in his face, " Why couldn't they do that when I was there", I think we would be a very attractive option for him to come back if Ed wants to make it happen, it's a reality even though it seems like a fairytale ending

AsfanSince99
07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
The only time Iverson comes back with the 76ers is if he signs for a day and retires a 76er.

There is no other way.

love ai, always will, but gotta move on man.

i agree with these guys.

unfortunately, ai didn't fit in Mo's system.

Jeff Boyd
07-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Miller is better for this team then AI. He can be our 6th man if he wants.

BADizzleBoY
07-22-2008, 10:22 PM
haha okay, I said bump because you bumped a thread from 2 weeks ago.

AirJordanXVIII
07-22-2008, 10:36 PM
BDB... cmon. Dont post pad like that regardless of what Jeff Boyd did 2 weeks ago.

Liney3506
07-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Can't we just ****ing grow up?

Sports Illustrator
07-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Seriously, some of you need to grow up. Some of you remind me of the playground kids who fight over non-sense. No need to fight, just report the post and the ball game's over.

From now on, I want the rest of the posts to be related to the topic of this thread.

dnasty
07-23-2008, 02:06 AM
Before peolple jump down my throat let me start off by saying I love the new Sixers direction, I love Andre Miller anchoring our team, this post is just to see what you guys think.

As for next year, no one knows if Andre Miller is going to stay, with the emergence of our team as a power house it is becoming more likely that he will stay but you never know. If Miller leaves, Lou Williams could be his replacement but im worried about his anchoring the court ability, I know there are other possibilites but Iverson wil be a free agent, I think the Iverson of now compared to of old is a lot more calm down and team oriented. He's not about the stats as much as he was before and he's getting up there in age, and we all know Iverson wants a championship very bad and he will do what he needs to do, in order to get one.

With our team being a serious contender with alot of the right pieces that he didn't have before beause of our GREAT GM BILLY " CAN'T GET NOTHING DONE" KING I think it makes us more attractive to come back to, and speaking for myself as a Super Philly Sport Fan first and foremost, I would love to see Iverson win a championship with the Sixers, how bout it?

First let me say Iam a IVERSON fan till the day he retires, but do U really think he would come back to a team that got ride of him not WEBBER in the first place I dont think so,but if he did I would welcome him with open arms,WIDE OPEN ARMS:D:D:D:D:D:D:D6666666ers!

bvm27
07-23-2008, 02:19 AM
First let me say Iam a IVERSON fan till the day he retires, but do U really think he would come back to a team that got ride of him not WEBBER in the first place I dont think so,but if he did I would welcome him with open arms,WIDE OPEN ARMS:D:D:D:D:D:D:D6666666ers! new gm thats want to win

Iggydelphia
07-23-2008, 03:08 AM
i love iverson and always will but as long as we have brand.. i dont see how we will have the moey to get the answer back... unless we let mad heads go.. but yes i would welcome him back with open arms.. and maybe a smooch on the cheek no homo..

DaddyCool
07-23-2008, 07:37 AM
MOST UNREALISTIC THREAD EVER.
There's a better chance of Tim Donahue to be innocent than this happening.
I agree with McPeak, the only way that Iverson ever is in a Sixers jersey is if he signs a 1 day contract and retires with the Sixers.

AirJordanXVIII
07-23-2008, 10:41 AM
^^ Calm down. THeres a better chance of AI coming back than Donahue. Iverson could and might. Theres like 2% chance of him coming to Philly. Then again wasnt there a 2% chance Brand was coming??

JtBiV_BiRdZ
07-23-2008, 10:46 AM
He is too selfish, and will feel like he has to prove something if he come comes back. We don't have the money anyway.

AirJordanXVIII
07-23-2008, 10:49 AM
He is too selfish, and will feel like he has to prove something if he come comes back. We don't have the money anyway.

Next year of course.. we're talking about. Maybe, just MAYBE he takes a pay cut to just win a championship, and realize that he's not the player he once was. Maybe he takes the MLE from us. Maybe.

bountybowl
07-23-2008, 10:50 AM
First let me say Iam a IVERSON fan till the day he retires, but do U really think he would come back to a team that got ride of him not WEBBER in the first place I dont think so,but if he did I would welcome him with open arms,WIDE OPEN ARMS:D:D:D:D:D:D:D6666666ers!

I don't think you make a very good point there. When Iverson was traded the team was pretty much in shambles and needed to rebuild. Both sides agreed that it would be best for the team and Iverson at the time to trade him so he could go to a contender and the Sixers could free up money to rebuild. Who knew the Sixers would rebuild so quickly and the Nuggets would struggle to get in the playoffs.

I'm sure he would have no problem coming back, but I don't see it happening.

Jeff Boyd
07-23-2008, 06:02 PM
I think he would want to come back but I Dont want him to come back unless he wants to come off the becnh in two years.

AsfanSince99
07-23-2008, 06:13 PM
I don't think you make a very good point there. When Iverson was traded the team was pretty much in shambles and needed to rebuild. Both sides agreed that it would be best for the team and Iverson at the time to trade him so he could go to a contender and the Sixers could free up money to rebuild. Who knew the Sixers would rebuild so quickly and the Nuggets would struggle to get in the playoffs.

I'm sure he would have no problem coming back, but I don't see it happening.
Yeah I love Iverson as much as the next 6er fan but I don't see him coming back esp to play for the MLE when he could still net at least $10m a/year.

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 06:19 PM
He wont comeback untill he cant play anymore. I think what happens is when hes about to "Hang it up" the other team cuts him we sign him and then he Hangs it up with us

AsfanSince99
07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
He wont comeback untill he cant play anymore. I think what happens is when hes about to "Hang it up" the other team cuts him we sign him and then he Hangs it up with us

dude, i think AI will hang it up long before any team decides to cut him..

BADizzleBoY
07-23-2008, 06:29 PM
He might be traded within the next week? ^

Crunchy12489
07-23-2008, 06:32 PM
I think he would want to come back but I Dont want him to come back unless he wants to come off the becnh in two years.

AI OFF OF THE BENCH?

Damn, rehab is a must for you.

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 06:41 PM

I see 5 more years left him in. He will be gone from Denver Next year and Sign a 4-5 Year Contract and then at the end of that Sign with us. He hasnt lost a step? He still goes for 30 PPG, I think when he is ready to hang it up he will sign with us be4 that

Westbrook36
07-23-2008, 06:42 PM

Sorry Double Post, My Net like Froze so I had to click it Twice.

PDT4LIFE
07-23-2008, 07:20 PM
AI OFF OF THE BENCH?

Damn, rehab is a must for you.

I would start AI at SG and bring Thad in off the bench for significant minutes every night. Thad goes to the 3, Iggy goes to the 2 when Iverson needs a breather. Never happen but i like it...

JtotheMurphy
07-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Dream scenario....

AI sucks up all his pride and comes back to Philly to be our sixth man with a knack for scoring (and shooting) for dirt cheap. His way of apologizing for such a poor exit but thanking us for forgiveness with a championship. I honestly think he still wishes he was in Philadelphia and would love to return and complete the championship run we had in 01.

Dream scenario over.

BADizzleBoY
07-23-2008, 09:51 PM
? why do people have him coming off the bench? He was 4th in the league in ppg last year... that idea is dumb.

Jeff Boyd
07-23-2008, 10:00 PM
? why do people have him coming off the bench? He was 4th in the league in ppg last year... that idea is dumb.

Because I dont think you can win with him starting. At this point in his career Andre Iggy might be the better player.

BADizzleBoY
07-23-2008, 10:06 PM
miller
iverson
iggy
brand
dalembert

That is a championship caliber line up.

Jeff Boyd
07-23-2008, 11:55 PM
miller
iverson
iggy
brand
dalembert

That is a championship caliber line up.

If you insert most SG making around 20 million a year its a winning team

Ok here is a championship team

Miller
L. James
Iggy
Brand
Sammy

Oh forget Lebron James lest get Wade

Miller
Wade
Iggy
Brand
Sammy

Any other 20 million dollar player you would like to add to our team feel free to list

BADizzleBoY
07-23-2008, 11:59 PM
we wont get either of them :laugh2:

I Am Beast 19
07-24-2008, 09:26 PM
IF A.I came back it would be for less money, and imo, against popular beliefs, im not sayin it's going to happen but i honestly wouldn't be suprised to see AI come back for less money, i think he would love to come back as an end of the road player and win a champ with the sixers.....still not sayin this will happen but despite what the pessimist say, IT CAN HAPPEN!

AutomaticWeezy
07-24-2008, 10:50 PM
People said our line up would be better with AI instead of Miller, but I disagree Miller will make other players better because he is a passer while AI would take away from the younger players because he dominates the ball so much.

Besides that I remember when Ed Snyder went on TV and said AI played his last game as a sixer. He was pissed at him as long as he is a chairman IMO there is no way he brings AI back.

I will say that AI is the reason I started watching basketball and I would welcome him with open arms.

BADizzleBoY
07-24-2008, 10:52 PM
It would be the same.

philsphan28
07-27-2008, 11:38 PM
6) Allen Iverson Denver Nuggets
Unrestricted
Iverson has been a warrior and an absolute offensive force throughout his entire 13-year NBA career, but the fact of the matter is the diminutive playmaker will turn 34 next June - and there are a lot of miles on those resilient bones. Still The Answer continues to perform at an elite level; you would expect him to lose a step a some point, but he keep chugging along. It will be interesting to see what kind of offers he receives on the open market. He would be extremely appealing to a team that feels that they are one big scorer away from a championship. How about this intriguing scenario: Iverson, content with the multi-millions he has already deposited in his savings account, agrees to give Philly a hometown discount in order to team up with Elton Brand, Andre Iguodala, et al. It would have the makings of a fairy-tale homecoming, and would have the city of Philadelphia absolutely buzzing...

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9608

:D

I'd welcome him back for a mid-level exception worth about 6 million a year.

Iggydelphia
07-28-2008, 02:33 AM
so would everyone in philadelphia... even though i live in south jersey... most people here would too..

DaddyCool
07-28-2008, 03:52 AM
I love AI as a player but I'm not sure if he'll mesh with this team or any team. Even when he teamed up with another superstar Melo, he still took his shots... all 30 of them. I'm not sure that there is enough ball for Elton to take his 20 shots, Iggy to take his 15 shots and AI to take 30, plus there is Thad who could envolve into a star next season before our eyes. Overall I doubt he'll come home.

AirJordanXVIII
07-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Everyone would. But the question is whether Iverson would give us a hometown discount by taking the MLE.

FNM BOY
07-28-2008, 11:07 AM
I think Snider despises AI...but if Ai were to come back to Philly and win a ring that would be one of the best stories in the histroy of the NBA.

MooseWithFleas
07-28-2008, 05:15 PM
I love Iverson more than anyone, but the era is over. Lets not live in the past. Move on and improve

AirJordanXVIII
07-29-2008, 08:33 AM
^^ Would you welcome him to Phillly? I dont see how he could kill this team. He would finally have a player to dump it off to in the middle. Iggy and Thad would be wide open half the time because AI and Brand command the double team.

KiLLaHDiCe12
07-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Id be happiest basketball fan alive if this happened. I think he'd do fine. he does so well with other stars in the all star games, i know he could do it with iggy and elton. After this season we gotta get it done. We gotta get allen that ring and make the whole thing end the right way.

AirJordanXVIII
07-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Every play we send out of Philly always seems to turn all good..... TO and the Cowboys and Iverson with the Nugs.

MylesKong
07-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Every play we send out of Philly always seems to turn all good..... TO and the Cowboys and Iverson with the Nugs.

What? How? Maybe, I don't understand what you mean by "all good."
TO hasn't won a playoff game. And AI hasn't won a series. I don't get it.

Liney3506
07-30-2008, 10:54 AM
TO keeps racking up the TD's. AI keeps... scoring points? Neither have had uber-success.

MylesKong
07-30-2008, 11:01 AM
But that wouldn't be "turning" into anything. That's just maintaining. That was a very puzzling comment.

phillychi009
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
I loved A.I, but i think that we have a good team that plays team ball. A.I is a great player but not the best team player, so i would have to pass on him coming back.

deadbodyman62
07-30-2008, 11:35 AM
I think Snider despises AI...but if Ai were to come back to Philly and win a ring that would be one of the best stories in the histroy of the NBA.

I think the snider thing too. If you remember when AI was banished, Snider seemed Genuinely pissed by the mere mention of his name. But who knows.

I Dont think it would work. I love AI, and think he's as important of a part of Philly history as anyone, but he one of those players thats great but will never win anything. I dont know even in his age if he can take a back seat to 2-3 other players. The melo comparison was right, he said he's be the number 2, and it was melo's team, but he still averaged more pts a game then him. So can AI change??? i dont know.

Why take the risk.