PDA

View Full Version : No Love for Hendrix?!

bryan_22221
07-10-2008, 10:04 PM
How Come No one is showing any love for Hendrix? I see all these posts about our 2nd team being Bellinelli-Randolph-Watson-Wright, whats wrong with Hendrix, I have watched tons of videos of him and he is a freakin stud down low, that guy is enormous and will bully people all game long if they get in his way. We need someone like that. they are comparing him to Paul Milsap and I live in Utah and have seen Milsap play many times, that guy is a beast and if Hendrix is being comparred to him, we might have a good player on our hands. so where is the Love?!:clap:

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Agreed Hendrix is a beast and should be our back-up PF...also after listening to a Keith Smart interview today from warriors.com about summer league he mentioned a guy by the name of Louis Amundson- apparently a freeakish rebounder according to keith...so down low..i see things working out like:

PF: Wright/Hendrix/Amundson
C: Biedrins/Turiaf

Harrington can then either A) be traded or B) be moved to back-up small forward

Obviously this is how things stand right now but if we can somehow unload harrington's contract who knows maybe we can make a run at josh smith or emeka okafor

tru_warrior
07-10-2008, 10:45 PM
don't you worry...i fully expect hendrix to come in and play 10-15 quality minutes a night. this guy is nba ready and we were lucky to get a guy like him. if we get turiaf, we get two big bodies to help us out down low. stephane lasme and chris taft didn't work out...but i expect hendrix to.

and lets not pencil in amundson quite yet. if he was any good, i'd imagine he would have played more than just 27 games the last three seasons. but he looks like he can be productive if he gets the playing time. 06-07, led all rookies in blocks per 48 mins.

Jimmy3702
07-11-2008, 12:40 AM
I see him as a Chris Wilcox. He will surprise.

likemystylez
07-11-2008, 01:04 AM
I see him as a Chris Wilcox. He will surprise.

chris wilcox was about 3 inches taller. but from waht I hear hendrix has a way better attitude, has a reputation as a great team mate, and works his tail off every second hes on the court.

at 6 8 260, the guy is already the best position rebounder on the team. I'm worried he wont be able to run with us, but having a banger like that will add tuffness to the team, and if nothing else... he will tuffen up the brandan wrights, beidrins' , randolph's during practices

good kid, id like to see him do well

Tmac416
07-11-2008, 02:19 AM
cris wilcox is is not 7'1 and he is 6'10

Aliengames
07-11-2008, 04:09 AM
cris wilcox is is not 7'1 and he is 6'10

I'm pretty sure Hendrix is 6'9.

tru_warrior
07-11-2008, 04:51 AM
Hendrix is 6'9...and Chris Wilcox is 6'10

Hendrix was stupid good in college. I hope this is the steal of the draft in the second round.

likemystylez
07-11-2008, 10:45 AM
I follow the SEC religiously because Im originally from Houston. Hendrix is just under 6 8. He has a good wingspand. Every scout in the country knew this, and that's why he slid out of the top 20-25. Don't always look at the roster line ups.

If you need further proof, look at him standing next to Mullin and Randolph.

Now having said that, this guy is good. He improved every year in college. He has a better post game than anybody in the draft outside of Kevin Love. He might be a bit of a liability on defense particularly against taller guys, but coming off the bench....I think hes immediately gonna be able to mix it up against other second stringers with no problem. I would take him over darrell arthur who was picked at 27.

comparing him to chris taft isnt accurate though. he uses his bulk, position, refined low post game, and girth to get things done. Taft used his height, length, and athletism.

GoldenSt8OfMind
07-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Lets hope he is similar to the Milsaps, powes, bass of the leagues and not some scrubb like clifford rozzier

tru_warrior
07-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I follow the SEC religiously because Im originally from Houston. Hendrix is just under 6 8. He has a good wingspand. Every scout in the country knew this, and that's why he slid out of the top 20-25. Don't always look at the roster line ups.

If you need further proof, look at him standing next to Mullin and Randolph.

Now having said that, this guy is good. He improved every year in college. He has a better post game than anybody in the draft outside of Kevin Love. He might be a bit of a liability on defense particularly against taller guys, but coming off the bench....I think hes immediately gonna be able to mix it up against other second stringers with no problem. I would take him over darrell arthur who was picked at 27.

comparing him to chris taft isnt accurate though. he uses his bulk, position, refined low post game, and girth to get things done. Taft used his height, length, and athletism.

thanks for some of that info on hendrix. the more i hear about him, the more excited i get to see him play. im looking forward to hendrix more than i am with randolph.

and i wasn't comparing hendrix to chris taft. i just had high hopes for guys like taft and lasme who were picked in the second round and had pretty good credentials in college...but they were a bust for us. i hope hendrix is that steal that we havn't had since monta ellis.

Tmac416
07-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Lasme actually stuck on with the heat for the scond half of the season and is now playin summer ball for them. Taft had all the tools, was supposed to be a steal but his back was all kinds of jacked up and it ruined his devlopment. hendrix isnt on that same path. hendrix sounds like lasme last year excpet bigger and better and the offense

Beno7500
07-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Hendrix is really good.

Frnchize
07-11-2008, 06:31 PM
He is so good he even got a DNP in the first game of Summer League.

tru_warrior
07-11-2008, 06:35 PM
in summer league, there's usually a different rotation in every game. they're not going to try to get EVERYONE in just to get a few minutes of burn. they're gonna give them significant minutes to see what they can really do. relax...hendrix may even start the next game.

Thatruth32
07-11-2008, 06:37 PM
he will play but his minutes are going to go down alot of turiaf is signed because thats exactly what his roll was going to be on this team.....

tru_warrior
07-11-2008, 06:41 PM
i wouldn't expect hendrix's minutes to be that high in the first place. 8-12 minutes a night seems likely. but turiaf is not the one who's in hendrix's way...it's bwright. turiaf is 6'10 and is going to be our backup C. hendrix is a shade under 6'9 and will be the power forward.

MYWARRIORS
07-11-2008, 07:40 PM
I always wanted to ask this :) Don't you guys feel good about the next season. So many players will get more minutes and a chance to prove themselves. Man, I can't wait. For the record I watched 95% of games last season (rest is due to wife and kids), bu last time I've seen warriors live, was like waaaaaayyyy back 1994-5-6 cant remember when they played Bulls. :( Next season, I'll try to do better :D

Tmac416
07-11-2008, 08:41 PM
rmeber is still jsut a rookie.. if he gets a few minutes a game, thast fine.

likemystylez
07-12-2008, 11:24 AM
i wouldn't expect hendrix's minutes to be that high in the first place. 8-12 minutes a night seems likely. but turiaf is not the one who's in hendrix's way...it's bwright. turiaf is 6'10 and is going to be our backup C. hendrix is a shade under 6'9 and will be the power forward.

Its hard to tell who is going to play what position when Nelson is coaching, or even who is going to play what amount of minutes on any given night. Nelson truely coaches each game in itself.

I think Hendrix will get in when his game will bennefit the team. Nelson is a match up King, and when the other team has players that can pound the run and gun warriors- Nelson can throw Turiaf and Hendrix in there and they can bump and grind with the big bodies.

I think Hendrix does have a more than likely chance of getting playing time under nelson because he is well composed for a rookie, he has skills that nobody else ont he roster has, and he understands being a role player.

Mister Mitty
07-12-2008, 11:33 AM
If Turiaf signs with us, don't expect Hendrix to make the team (like Lasme last year) unless he REALLY impresses Nelson. Being injured for his first summer league game doesn't help his case.

likemystylez
07-12-2008, 02:15 PM
good point, but it all depends if the team trades multiple players for 1 guy. Its a little too early too tell. BTW- did you or do you go to Mitty Highschool in San Jose?

<<If Turiaf signs with us, don't expect Hendrix to make the team (like Lasme last year) unless he REALLY impresses Nelson. Being injured for his first summer league game doesn't help his case.>>

garlicboy
07-12-2008, 02:27 PM
I think Hendrix will make the team because we have no one on the roster. If we let him go, it will be during the season. Unless he's injured, but we have the luxury of adding him since we have no bodies on this squad.

Tmac416
07-12-2008, 03:12 PM
hes goiing to still make the team even with turiaf signing