PDA

View Full Version : Hawks could trade josh smith to heat for marion?

BostonCelticsKG
07-10-2008, 08:19 PM
i hear on the radio here in boston that this trade could happen im sorry i have no link or source about this rumor it might be a idea or it could really happen but i heard it on my car radio on the way back from work. shawn marion could go to the hawks for josh smith which he will go to miami said the news here in boston.

_Sn1P3r_
07-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Interesting news. Is it just a straight up trade?

Master Mind
07-10-2008, 08:28 PM
That could work cause Atl Hawks don't want to just lose him to the Clippers for nothing...

Ragun
07-10-2008, 08:30 PM
That would be stupid in the Hawks part IMO.

TMAC94
07-10-2008, 08:30 PM
nup

Kdirt
07-10-2008, 08:31 PM
The Hawks dont need another PF, they are trying to trade one for a PG or C. Not going to happen.

daleja424
07-10-2008, 08:45 PM
hawks will loose him for nothing or have to overpay if they keep him. marion can come in and do the same stuff Smith does... it makes sense for both teams...IMO... if the hawks think they'll lose him

Master Mind
07-10-2008, 08:50 PM
hawks will loose him for nothing or have to overpay if they keep him. marion can come in and do the same stuff Smith does... it makes sense for both teams...IMO... if the hawks think they'll lose him

Plus he has an expiring contract which works in their favor, they can either resign him or sign a marquee player in free agency next year...

Diego_Le
07-10-2008, 09:13 PM
how would Miami line up look like who will start where between Beasely, Haslem and Smith

daleja424
07-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Chalmers/Banks
Wade/Jones/Cook
Smith/Wright
Bealsey/Haslem
????/Blount/Zo

..Id place Smith @ SF b/c he use to play there and we would be better there then Beasley... but realy either could play either...

pimpunleashed
07-10-2008, 09:40 PM
this would be a sign and trade but will josh smith want to

daleja424
07-10-2008, 09:51 PM
I dont see why he wouldnt want to play with wade, beasley, and chalmers and challenge in the eastern conference...

Maybe Josh Smith/Zaza Pachulia for Marion/Cook

phanatik84
07-10-2008, 10:01 PM
shawn marion is a small forward that plays power forward out of necesity!!!

Master Mind
07-10-2008, 10:06 PM
this would be a sign and trade but will josh smith want to

Why wouldn't he, it's Miami (South Beach)...It's closer to his hometown (Atlanta) than L.A....He'd play with D-Wade and Beasley which would make a incredible young trio...I think Atlanta would jump all over this...They're basically the same, Josh is just younger and a inch taller. The key to this is Marion's expiring contract which is an advantage so whether we trade him to ATL or just keep him we're in a good situation regardless

Spiderfox
07-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Has to be a sign and trade.. Hawks might as well keep Josh Smith if they would have to pay Marion $18 mil.. Dollars don't match up.. Aint Happening..

cmellofan15
07-10-2008, 10:08 PM
i say the heat trade shawn marion and mayb a pick or sumthin 4 emeka okafor and felton

Derick713
07-10-2008, 10:10 PM
I'd be shocked if the Hawks let Josh Smith go. The only way I see Josh Smith not being a Hawk next season is if the Clippers create enough cap space to offer Smith a starting salary of 15-16 million per season. The Marion for Smith deal will never happen because it makes no sense for either team, especially the Hawks. Why would the Hawks give up Josh Smith who isn't even in his prime yet for an aging small forward who many consider a system player? On top of that why would the Heat give an extension to Josh Smith when they have openly inferred that they are targeting Chris Bosh or Lebron James in the summer of 2010? Why would the Hawks pay Marion 17 million when they could just match a lower offer for Smith? In no way can either team justify a trade of Marion for Smith which is why there is no chance of a deal happening between the Heat and Hawks. If the Heat choose to deal Marion it will be so that they can unload a bad deal and get some depth at point guard or center.

The Heat could easily get Josh Smith by offering the Clippers Marion and Banks in exchange for just picks. That deal would create enough space for the Heat to make an offer to Josh Smith. The Clippers need to pair Baron Davis with someone and since the Clippers have a ton off cap space they might as well absorb Marion and Banks since they just lost there franchise player.

HiphopRelated
07-10-2008, 10:11 PM
They would have to pay Marion 18 mil for 1 year

If true, I was hoping this would happen for Okafor.

Why it would happen is simple. You don't believe(or can't afford) the player at the price, so get a good player(Marion who also happens to be expiring) for them instead of said player walking out the door.

Riley is looking at Bosh/Bron in context, i.e not overpaying average dudes on full MLE etc. If a Josh Smith/Okafor came across the board, he'd probably pull the trigger

cmellofan15
07-10-2008, 10:13 PM
They would have to pay Marion 18 mil for 1 year

If true, I was hoping this would happen for Okafor

okafor has lots of potential nd culd b a premier big man he jus needs 2 b n the rite situation

WillisLovechild
07-10-2008, 10:29 PM
interesting... i'd jump on this if i were the heat. i guess it would make sense for the hawks if they're just gonna lose smith.

rriders9
07-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Id do it if i was the heat

LakerzDQ
07-10-2008, 10:36 PM
why would the hawks do that?

marques724
07-10-2008, 10:43 PM
This trade makes no sense at all

Ph1lly Diehard
07-10-2008, 10:45 PM
The trade makes no sense for the Hawks..

They wouldn't give there potential franchise player away for Marion, when the Hawks don't have much of a shot this year of contending anyhow..

nolin
07-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Does marion for smith make since? Come on guys you come up with the stupidest rumors!

cmellofan15
07-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Does marion for smith make since? Come on guys you come up with the stupidest rumors!

hahhahahaha

:clap: mayb they shuld trade marion 4 peja or bruce bowen lol

JordansBulls
07-10-2008, 10:59 PM
i hear on the radio here in boston that this trade could happen im sorry i have no link or source about this rumor it might be a idea or it could really happen but i heard it on my car radio on the way back from work. shawn marion could go to the hawks for josh smith which he will go to miami said the news here in boston.

That would be good for Miami. It would keep Wade out there.

nolin
07-10-2008, 11:15 PM

I live in Boston. Can you tell me what radio station you been listening to? I havent heard any such rumors!

GoneGuru
07-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Has to be a sign and trade.. Hawks might as well keep Josh Smith if they would have to pay Marion $18 mil.. Dollars don't match up.. Aint Happening..

if this trade goes down, the hawks are gonna want to include claxton, the hawks have pg down pat (with bibby and law) sg is down pat (johnson and childress and even salim "if" they bring him back) also marvin williams should be a man and play the PF spot, hes a beast but mentally he thinks hes finesse...in other words hes a stallion who thinks hes a pony... horford and go to pf if that dont work, they still have pachulia who is decent, and marion could be the outright sf on a team that may want to compete sooner then later.

the heat would take on a really bad deal (in claxton) but get an awesome prospect... first off smith would be the smallforward, think of spoelstra using smith like riley did worthy in the laker days... smith is gonna play everywhere.. so will beasley (at least all the frontcourt spots) so it works for both teams if smith take 12 million a year and claxton is 6mil (about), so yes it does work, nicely fr both teams... dont be surprised if the hawks would want dorell wright in that deal to make up the loss of a reserve forward with potential.

JIDsanity
07-10-2008, 11:46 PM

well said

Cracka2HI!
07-11-2008, 12:46 AM
I could see it happening.

kntresistheheat
07-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Well said, and about D.Wright they would include him because we are loaded at the foward position with the signing of James Jones, haslem, beasley, alexander johnson, stephane lasme, D.Wright kasib powell?? and if we add J.Smith? So yeah he is expendable!

if this trade goes down, the hawks are gonna want to include claxton, the hawks have pg down pat (with bibby and law) sg is down pat (johnson and childress and even salim "if" they bring him back) also marvin williams should be a man and play the PF spot, hes a beast but mentally he thinks hes finesse...in other words hes a stallion who thinks hes a pony... horford and go to pf if that dont work, they still have pachulia who is decent, and marion could be the outright sf on a team that may want to compete sooner then later.

the heat would take on a really bad deal (in claxton) but get an awesome prospect... first off smith would be the smallforward, think of spoelstra using smith like riley did worthy in the laker days... smith is gonna play everywhere.. so will beasley (at least all the frontcourt spots) so it works for both teams if smith take 12 million a year and claxton is 6mil (about), so yes it does work, nicely fr both teams... dont be surprised if the hawks would want dorell wright in that deal to make up the loss of a reserve forward with potential.