PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gordon to Jazz

Mobsterkel
07-10-2008, 07:02 PM
What are all these rumors I hear that the Jazz are interested in Getting in the Guard from Chicago

jimbobjarree
07-10-2008, 07:03 PM
I haven't heard much, it looks like they're shopping him, but we could only get him by doing a sign and trade with AK, and sign Gordon to a contract that isn't as bad as AK's (maybe around $10M), I think it would give us another dimension with a decent outside threat

bw2893
07-10-2008, 11:32 PM
I think Gordon would be a really good additive at SG. A proven player who puts up consecutive results. With that said, my concern is, assuming we sign and trade for AK, who would play our 3 spot? Brewer?... I don't know how affective that would be in the ever growing west. I can imagine the jazz picking up Tyrus Thomas or even Nocioni in the trade as well if the jazz are willing to give up players to get them, which I would imagine they would when thinking about who would pick up the 3 spot after AK leaves. Maybe Miles or Almond, or both?...

Sanddevil23
07-10-2008, 11:38 PM
I heard that Pistons have offered CJ a contract, does anyone know if this is true?

iam brett favre
07-10-2008, 11:43 PM
This title is a little misleading.. i thought you meant they got him :sigh:

mcnasty54
07-11-2008, 12:38 AM
I think Gordon would be a really good additive at SG. A proven player who puts up consecutive results.

The problem with Gordon is that he is unbelievably inconsistent. If he was consistent any way, the Bulls wouldn't think about trading him. But it really doesn't matter because I don't see any realistic players the Bulls would want to pick up from Jazz.

THE_FLASH_21
07-11-2008, 02:35 AM
I heard that Pistons have offered CJ a contract, does anyone know if this is true?

I hope not...

Kyben36
07-11-2008, 04:47 AM
Ben gordon for Carlos Bozzer, JK JK JK, I know that would never hapen. even though I would love for it to hapen. How about Ben Gordon for Okur

jimbobjarree
07-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Ak and I would be fine, and I heard that the Pistons were thinking about offering, and CJ wants to leave for more playing time, but the Jazz have offered $1.8m for him.

futureman
07-11-2008, 10:19 AM
If their willing to take AK of our hands, I would do this deal. I don't care if gordon is inconsistent or not.

bw2893
07-11-2008, 11:08 AM
futureman, I totally agree with you. Besides, I woudn't call 18.6 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 3.0 apg, and a 90% free-throw average for 08' inconsistent. Gordon is a great ball player who hasn't had the best relationship with the bulls becuase they weren't willing to pay him what he's worth. So his "inconsistency" if any would be due to that relationship. Get Gordon and hopefully Nocioni both for cheaper than what we pay AK, and also send a combo of some sort involving Miles, Collins, and Almond.

Chi-Town Finest
07-11-2008, 11:12 AM
We don't need AK, we have Deng, Noc and Thomas who can play sf and pf.

rico
07-11-2008, 11:29 AM
yep -^

although we are guard heavy and wouldnt mind trading him. now if you guys would do a ben gordon + gooden for boozer that would benefit both teams. . gooden is a decent 12/10 guy and bg7 is a scoring threat. and boozer would be an upgrade for us @ the PF spot.

bw2893
07-11-2008, 11:59 AM
I can understand you bulls fans asking what would you do with AK. Here is the solution: first off, Gooden and Gordon for Boozer would not benifit the jazz really. Gooden isn't half the player Boozer is and all it would do is put all the offensive pressure from Boozer onto Gordon, which I don't think Gordon is capable of handling, but the trade still is a bit intriguing...

Anyway, the solution is, trade AK, Miles, and Collins for Gordon and Nocioni, then the bulls trade Gooden or AK to the Warriors along with Alomond or Miles and J. Noah for Biedrins. The bulls then have Gooden or AK, whoever is left, to play the 4 spot with Biedrins and Collins at C, which the bulls desperetly need. The also have Miles or Almond to help with the SG position. The jazz have their strong scoring SG presense, which they need along with Nocioni to help fill the 3 spot. The warriors get Noah to fill biedrins spot along with Gooden or AK to fill their 4 spot. The only change I can maybe see is the bulls not including Miles or Almond with the trade to the Warriors considering the warriors are already getting Gooden or AK and Noah.

The bulls having Rose, Hughes, Deng, AK, and Biedrins would be pretty tough to match up with. The jazz having Wiliams, Gordon, Nocioni or Brewer, Boozer and Okur is also good looking. And the warriors having Ellis, Maggett, jackson, Gooden, and Noah are well on their way.

Raupie
07-11-2008, 03:24 PM
We do not need Gordon. He turned down an extension think he was worth more then what he is. He is an undersized 2 with a shoot first mentality. When he gets hots, he gets really hot... that is all that he has going for him. I would rather a player like brewer he plays d, gets rebounds, steals, and runs the floor well. I like Nocioni though. So I'd go for him, but not Gordon.

bw2893
07-11-2008, 04:30 PM
You're partially right about Gordon in Chicago, but you underestimate how productive he would be under Sloan's system and honestly, the jazz need a go-to shoot-first guy. Gordon is a proven player and under the right system, with Williams and Boozer by his side, he would most definitley do well. Brewer isn't even close to producing like the jazz need him to. By the time he does, we will be missing at least two of our core players (unless we dump AK). Gordon averaged more rebounds, asists, 3pts made and a much better FT % than Brewer. I think he would do the jazz a lot of good.

IndiansFan337
07-11-2008, 04:33 PM
You're not going to be able to get him for cheap since he is restricted.

I don't think Utah has the pieces that Chicago will want in a S&T.

bw2893
07-11-2008, 04:48 PM
I think the Jazz have potential pieces- AK, Koufos, Miles, Harpering, Almond etc. I just know just like always, KOC will be too spineless to make the move and we will end up with the same roster that has and will continue to get us to the first or second round and that's it.