PDA

View Full Version : Reddick

phillyboy
07-10-2008, 06:43 PM
With the recent signing of SF Peitrus, Redick inevitably takes another slide down the Magic bench. 6-4, 190 lbs, undersized, and making 2m next season, the former first-round pick watched his minutes/production slashed in half last season and apparently has not made any positive impression on Van Gundy. Following the Brand deal, the 76ers are desperately in need of outside shooting on a talented young roster looking to crack the first round ceiling. Redick can't create his own shot, but the kid can still shoot. Philadelphia's roster has 4 guys willing and able to create themselves, yet desperately need that kick-out role player. Brand will regularly command the double team, while an Iggy/Thad attack from the wings will open up the floor and leave open shots. If Redick realizes that his off-the-ball game might keep him in the league, he could potentially fill the void. I guess I would like some feedback on whether or not Ed should consider tryin to make something work considering Redick's stock could not be any lower. Is he that much worse than Korver?

babyshaq87
07-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Now we can't say he is better or worse than Korver just because we haven't seen anything yet.. i'd like him in Philly or in a run-and-gun team like phoenix or GS..

Iodine
07-10-2008, 06:56 PM
who is reddick?

I know redick but not reddick

Badluck33
07-10-2008, 06:56 PM
awesome

Maverick22x
07-10-2008, 06:57 PM
What about Kapono for Evans?

AllTheWay
07-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Someone should give him a chance....

Goon.Weezy
07-10-2008, 07:04 PM
reddick should join the Raptors.. he wud be a good backup with ukic..he can also hit the 3 so its all good

Dirty Dirk41
07-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Not only Peitris but magic drafted C.lee at s.g an hes tearing it up in the summer league. he played 4 yrs of college ball an can contribute right away an is a much better player than redick imo. Magic should look to trade JJ becuz i dont see him fitting with this magic squad mainly because they just dont need him.

Dirty Dirk41
07-10-2008, 07:52 PM
reddick should join the Raptors.. he wud be a good backup with ukic..he can also hit the 3 so its all good

i agree.i could see redick in Toronto...the pacers i could see him on but they got there guards now.

crew158
07-10-2008, 08:00 PM
JJ should suit up for the WNBA

Arsenal17
07-10-2008, 08:03 PM
I cant see Toronto trading for JJ. Dont they have enough players that are good shooters with limited skill?

_Sn1P3r_
07-10-2008, 08:03 PM
If Reddick comes to Toronto, he'll be fighting with Ukic for minutes. He could play as a SG for us and Kapono as a 3 if Delfino leaves.

Arsenal17
07-10-2008, 08:35 PM
JJ would be a good pickup for the sixers and a chance for him to show he can play in the league. It would almost be like a draft pick player for the sixers because even though he has been in the league a few years we still dont know if hes good or not.

phillyboy
07-10-2008, 08:40 PM
yeah, completely forgot to mention how well Lee has been playing and the fact they took him early in the draft. He played at a smaller school and was under the radar, but the kid has length and defends well. Redick is a liability at the defensive end b/c he doesnt have typical NBA athleticism, but his stroke is worth a look.

Arsenal17
07-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Just about every white boy sharp shooter is a defensive liability but every team should have 1

*Superman*
07-10-2008, 09:08 PM
I'd be happy if we got some draft picks for JJ. I'm tired of hearing about JJ.

primetimekings
07-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Go to the sixers he could be a late bloomer like hornacek

dre1990
07-10-2008, 09:47 PM
he needs a chance

NBAkYD
07-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Go to the sixers he could be a late bloomer like hornacek

Thats great, we can trade him to the west and then watch him bloom.

On a serious note I like the idea

TheBatchelor213
07-11-2008, 03:09 AM
JJ should suit up for the WNBA

ummmmmm, ok, stupid.

Beno7500
07-11-2008, 03:39 AM
Redick hasnt been given a chance

SHONIE
07-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Tru that. Someone give the kid some PT

Anon
07-11-2008, 04:34 PM
As a big time Magic fan I always thought he deserved more of a look. With C. Lee and Pietrus his days with us are numbered. He is a defensively liability but so is half the NBA. There is no doubt the kid can shoot the lights out. Someone should give him a look

ManRam
07-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Korver was big and can rebound, and shoot. All Redick can do is shoot the three. We don't know if he can defend, pass, get open, create his own shots...etc. I am really skeptical about JJ.

He's gotta go. The Magic need a back up PG...so look for a deal involving Redick and maybe someone or something else for a back up PG.

It's sad that he can't ever get off the bench, but he has absolutely no role on the team. The Magic are quite possibly the worst team he could be on. He'll never play as long as he's in Orlando.

MoBASS
07-11-2008, 06:18 PM
JJ Redick will go down as one of the greatest shooters in NBA history.

philly33
07-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Ive made it clear that the Sixers should absouletly trade for Reddick, it makes so much sense. We serisouly dont have one shooter on our team right now. We really should push Ed to make this deal. It will also make Brand happy

aquaman117
07-11-2008, 06:42 PM
i think redick would be great fit for the blazers ... that would be sweet if in 5 years theres a blazers magic finals and redick hits the winning shot in game 7

Storch
07-11-2008, 06:42 PM
bring him to the lakers! we need a replacement for vujacic =]

MoBASS
07-11-2008, 10:26 PM
bring him to the lakers! we need a replacement for vujacic =]

As much as I love JJ's game and his ability to spread the floor, he's a big defensive liability and wouldn't flourish on the Lakers. But then again, he wouldn't really need to create his own shot because of all our offensive weapons.

I just don't see PJ giving him any minutes cause of his ineffective D.

LakerzDQ
07-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Sixers need to get a shooter, like Reddick, but he might not be their best choice.

OaklandsFinest
07-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Sure if Philly wants an unathletic, untalented, player on their team then sure. a 3 pointer shooter has limited value, especially since he can't take Stevie Wonder off the dribble. It would be a great move if you decided you'd rather not spend this summer workin with Iggy, Young, and Miller on their 3 point shooting. But hey if John Salley can get a ring theres a spot on every bench for someone to not play.

cambovenzi
07-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Sure if Philly wants an unathletic, untalented, player on their team then sure. a 3 pointer shooter has limited value, especially since he can't take Stevie Wonder off the dribble. It would be a great move if you decided you'd rather not spend this summer workin with Iggy, Young, and Miller on their 3 point shooting. But hey if John Salley can get a ring theres a spot on every bench for someone to not play.

i wouldnt go that far buddy.
he absolutely tore up NCAA ball, so talent is there.

absolutely tremendous shooter. underrated defense for someone who isnt as athletic as you'd like. instant offense.

Dirty Dirk41
07-12-2008, 12:50 PM
looks like JJ will just rot away another year on the Magic bench. Pietris and Lee moved em back a few spots

Iodine
07-12-2008, 03:13 PM
i wouldnt go that far buddy.
he absolutely tore up NCAA ball, so talent is there.

absolutely tremendous shooter. underrated defense for someone who isnt as athletic as you'd like. instant offense.

Christian L. also tore up the NCAA so zomg he must be awesome!!!!!

Redick needs a ****load of screens to be anything more than a really wide open shooter

ManRam
07-12-2008, 03:35 PM
With Lee tearing up the summer league, and Otis recently saying he isn't looking to trade J.J. (hard to believe), he may just rot away on the bench for the rest of his contract.

Otis needs to admit he made a mistake, and part ways with J.J. His services could be of use elsewhere. Orlando simply is just the worst fit for him, perhaps in the entire NBA.

Master Mind
07-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Reddick will be with the Heat...

cambovenzi
07-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Christian L. also tore up the NCAA so zomg he must be awesome!!!!!

Redick needs a ****load of screens to be anything more than a really wide open shooter

laettner averaged mid-teens PPG during the first half of his career.

im not claiming JJ is going to be an amazing NBA player.
but he is FAR from having no talent.

BH-Sports
07-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Brand is going to constantly get doubled team? so is Iggy?

you must be out yur mind foo