PDA

View Full Version : Happy with the team??

Clevefan23
07-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Today in the Plain Dealer it was said that Ferry is happy with where the team is at right now. Is he serious there is no way that we win the championship with the team we have right now. Well this is what it has came down to now Ferry is going to try and trick the fans by saying the team right now is in contention when in my eyes its not at all.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Today in the Plain Dealer it was said that Ferry is happy with where the team is at right now. Is he serious there is no way that we win the championship with the team we have right now. Well this is what it has came down to now Ferry is going to try and trick the fans by saying the team right now is in contention when in my eyes its not at all.

It seemed like he decided to say the politically right thing at least I would hope so..:rolleyes:

infamous
07-10-2008, 11:01 PM
It seemed like he decided to say the politically right thing at least I would hope so..:rolleyes:
Yep, you don't want ferry to say he is not happy with the team and every player except lebron will be traded any day, which would piss off every cavs player :D.

Sbank
07-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Ferry probable saying it as political like CHief_0_o_Wahoo said. I don't think he gave his full opinion about our team. He probable happy going into it since we probable not going to add a free agent. Ferry probable going to be patient and wait near to the trade dead line to make a move to make us better.

Cavs_Fan24
07-11-2008, 08:54 AM
he could just be saying that because he's tried making moves but nobody's interested?
i mean seriously, because the Cavs have been in most trade, and signing rumors, so he's obviously being active, but nobody's interested in what he's trying to do.
so of course he's happy with the team, he's gonna have to be cuz nothing's changing, or at least that's what im thinking right now.

IndiansFan337
07-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Ferry knows that if we don't make a move during the offseason that we have the pieces to make a big one during the season once more teams decide whether or not to throw up the white flag.

He's buying his time. Give him a break. Unless the trade deadline comes & goes with no trade acquisition, then I am not passing judgment on Ferry in a negative manner.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Ferry knows that if we don't make a move during the offseason that we have the pieces to make a big one during the season once more teams decide whether or not to throw up the white flag.

He's buying his time. Give him a break. Unless the trade deadline comes & goes with no trade acquisition, then I am not passing judgment on Ferry in a negative manner.

I am just getting irritated that is all I came into the off-season expecting something. I agree with that something will probably happen during the season.

Talm
07-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Is there room for improvement? Yes.
Did the roster we currently have just take the Champs to a nailbiting game 7? Yes.

Fact is, even if we make absoloutely no moves whatsoever, we are most likely going to see a much stronger team at the end of the season. Most of our starters didn't get a lesson in playing together until the post-season. Gibson was essentially injured from mid-way through the season and on. Szerbiack shot worse in Cleveland than he ever has in his life.

James will get better, West will get better, Gibson will get better, Sasha better get better, Szerbiack won't be as terri-bad as he was last season...

And no matter what, we have the Varejao- Wally bundle that some team eventually will take a serious look at to get themselves involved in what is shaping up to be a godly free agent class in 2009.

Ferry is willing to make a big trade, but it has to make sense. We're debating guys like VC and J.R. Smith... as fans we want mediocre to win a championship. Trust the man, he knows what he's doing, and he knows better than any of us the value of his roster and what we need to get a ring. In the meantime, sit back, relax, and watch LeBron do his thing.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Is there room for improvement? Yes.
Did the roster we currently have just take the Champs to a nailbiting game 7? Yes.

Fact is, even if we make absoloutely no moves whatsoever, we are most likely going to see a much stronger team at the end of the season. Most of our starters didn't get a lesson in playing together until the post-season. Gibson was essentially injured from mid-way through the season and on. Szerbiack shot worse in Cleveland than he ever has in his life.

James will get better, West will get better, Gibson will get better, Sasha better get better, Szerbiack won't be as terri-bad as he was last season...

And no matter what, we have the Varejao- Wally bundle that some team eventually will take a serious look at to get themselves involved in what is shaping up to be a godly free agent class in 2009.

Ferry is willing to make a big trade, but it has to make sense. We're debating guys like VC and J.R. Smith... as fans we want mediocre to win a championship. Trust the man, he knows what he's doing, and he knows better than any of us the value of his roster and what we need to get a ring. In the meantime, sit back, relax, and watch LeBron do his thing.

Lets hope Sasha and Szczerbiak do better. Man, I can't wait till the season starts.

IndiansFan337
07-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Lets hope Sasha and Szczerbiak do better. Man, I can't wait till the season starts.

There is no way that they will do worse. I can guarantee you that much. Both were abysmal last season, falling way below the expectations that were set for each of them.