PDA

View Full Version : Seattle fire sale!

NY2LA
07-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Seattle fire sale started. Letting go the coach and GM. Now Sexson is released. Any player on that team that may fit our needs.(excluding Ichiro, hes going to stay).

I vote for Beltre.

Move DeWitt to second when Kent is gone.

or Bedard currently on DL

or 2B Lopez...

swells2048
07-10-2008, 03:57 PM
For cheap, get Betancourt. He won't cost a lot (in players or salary), can play short or 2b if we resign Furcal.

4everblue
07-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Trade for King Felix... only then I would move Lowe for Renteria...

Raetz52
07-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Betancourt is a stud! Thats the way to go...

swells2048
07-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Betancourt is a stud! Thats the way to go...

Not a stud. He's better than what we have though so he needs to come cheap. I hope there was sarcasm.

.269BA, .278 OBP, 3HR, 29 RBI, 1SB, 5 BB.

Now that I look at it, I was stupid for suggesting it.

Please forgive me.

rayderfn213
07-10-2008, 04:46 PM
should we pursue beltre

Sleeper
07-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Seattle gave up some of their better prospects to get Bedard so he won't come cheap. And why would we want a pitcher currently on the DL? Also, why on heavens blue earth will they trade King Felix?

dodgerphreak
07-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Not a stud. He's better than what we have though so he needs to come cheap. I hope there was sarcasm.

Please forgive me.

Yea, I was about to say, I had Betancourt on one of my MLB.com fantasy teams, and he flat SUCKS. He makes Jones look like a stud. Maza or Berroa is a better option for us.

I say we leave the Mariners to their firesale and let the Yanks and BoSox. I honestly believe that Beltre's best year was his contract year with us, and that he won't get any better. Besides, to get him would take something from us, and knowing the rest of the league, they would want Kemp, Loney, Brox, and Kershaw for him. It's not worth it IMO.

TheBatchelor213
07-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Seattle gave up some of their better prospects to get Bedard so he won't come cheap. And why would we want a pitcher currently on the DL? Also, why on heavens blue earth will they trade King Felix?

Exactly, they are not trading him. LOL. Just go get Sexon, let him spot start and come off the bench. It's a risk free gamble because we don't have to give up anything for him.

swells2048
07-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Yea, I was about to say, I had Betancourt on one of my MLB.com fantasy teams, and he flat SUCKS. He makes Jones look like a stud. Maza or Berroa is a better option for us.

I say we leave the Mariners to their firesale and let the Yanks and BoSox. I honestly believe that Beltre's best year was his contract year with us, and that he won't get any better. Besides, to get him would take something from us, and knowing the rest of the league, they would want Kemp, Loney, Brox, and Kershaw for him. It's not worth it IMO.

Well he is supposed to be really good on D. And I first just glanced at BA, and HR. And that is better than Berroa and Maza, but after looking at it why trade anyone for him. I agree with you now that Berrora and Maza are better for fill in.

dodgerdave
07-10-2008, 09:33 PM
The Mariners released Sexson today.

Tapptout
07-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Get Beltre and Bentancourt!

Az_Dodgers_Fan
07-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Also, why on heavens blue earth will they trade King Felix?

cause they would get a buttload for him.

Bushleaguer28
07-11-2008, 02:54 PM
WTF do people want beltre for? Have we all forgotten hes a one yr wonder? Hes currently hitting below 260 with an OBP of 329. I could care less that he has 16 home runs, hes not good and definately not worth trading for

southerndodgerf
07-11-2008, 03:32 PM
WTF do people want beltre for? Have we all forgotten hes a one yr wonder? Hes currently hitting below 260 with an OBP of 329. I could care less that he has 16 home runs, hes not good and definately not worth trading for

However, in the right spot (between Ethier and Loney), he could get a TON of fastballs. His glove his FANTASTIC and he is capable when pushed. Consider this:

Martin (why the hell not, he has some speed, hits well, and works counts)
Ethier
Beltre
Loney
Kemp
Kent
Dewitt
Andruw
P

Raetz52
07-11-2008, 03:44 PM
I will sacrafice average for homers anyday considering we cant hit a ball out of the park to die for.

Raetz52
07-11-2008, 03:44 PM
I will sacrafice average for homers anyday considering we cant hit a ball out of the park to die for.

don'tfireNedCo
07-11-2008, 03:50 PM

Please forgive me.

I lived in seattle area for the last 5 years until I moved down to oregon, and I have been watching and going to mariners games( for scouting purposes only). I have to tell you man, betancourt or lopez they don't impress me at all. there is no way seattle is trading felix and ichiro away, but I would say pretty much everybody else is a fair game.

but they don't have many parts for a good trade for us

don'tfireNedCo
07-11-2008, 03:57 PM

how low is your standard?

there comes a point where all the HRs in the world can't help a guy if he can't hit to get on base, or get on base period.

if your OBP equals BA, and SLG is not high despite high total HR counts due to lack of basehits and extra basehits other than HR, then this fictional hitter is going to have a horrible OPS, thus resulting in horrible OPS+.

just a thought

IndiansFan337
07-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Beltre would be the natural fit, since you need a 3B & he did previously fit in with the Dodgers.

LA BUMS
07-11-2008, 04:08 PM
However, in the right spot (between Ethier and Loney), he could get a TON of fastballs. His glove his FANTASTIC and he is capable when pushed. Consider this:

Martin (why the hell not, he has some speed, hits well, and works counts)
Ethier
Beltre
Loney
Kemp
Kent
Dewitt
Andruw
P

I would switch Kemp and Martin for health reasons, but Beltre is exactly what this team needs. Ohh, and Dewitt would become Kents late inning replacement/spot start.

knoxcrew
07-11-2008, 04:11 PM
I certainly would welcome him back.

c2thab
07-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Been sayin we should get Beltre for weeks and my stance doesnt change

LA BUMS
07-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Been sayin we should get Beltre for weeks and my stance doesnt change

:hi5:
I have a feeling he will be here sometime in the next few weeks. Its to perfect of a fit for even ned to **** it up.

bigboyblu
07-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I liked beltre back in the day and still do I say go for it

knoxcrew
07-11-2008, 06:22 PM
LaRoche and Meloan?

c2thab
07-11-2008, 06:25 PM
LaRoche and Meloan?

I'd even throw in Hu as a sweetner!!

Ian.
07-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Here are a few things from a diehard M's fan.

1. You don't want Betancourt. I never have understood why we keep him around. He is measly on offense and has fattened up this season and is also no longer good on defense. He has been a great defender in season past, but has completely fallen off this season.

2. You'd have to give up more than LaRoche and Meloan for Beltre. I'm a HUGE Beltre fan and would hate to see him leave, but I think he's got the most value out of anyone on our team that "may" be available.

3. Bedard will not sign with us. No chance. So, that being said, I would love for us to trade him to you, but, knowing we gave up so much and that your team has showed that they are willing to move Kemp, I think they should do trade us Kemp straight up. I'd be happy with that.

GHOSTSNIPER
07-11-2008, 07:08 PM
ludicrus

c2thab
07-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Here are a few things from a diehard M's fan.

1. You don't want Betancourt. I never have understood why we keep him around. He is measly on offense and has fattened up this season and is also no longer good on defense. He has been a great defender in season past, but has completely fallen off this season.

I think there were only two guys on this forum that said we should trade for Betancourt and I think it was out of desperation cause we "might" need a SS. So I agree with you that we dont want him.

2. You'd have to give up more than LaRoche and Meloan for Beltre. I'm a HUGE Beltre fan and would hate to see him leave, but I think he's got the most value out of anyone on our team that "may" be available.

Since you guys are going to be sellers at the deadline you might wanna look at just trying to dump whatever portion of his salary that you can cause not to be a dick, but you guys arent going to be contending anytime soon. If you grab three prospects from us or anyone for that matter and drop some of his remaining salary it would benefit you guys in the long run.

3. Bedard will not sign with us. No chance. So, that being said, I would love for us to trade him to you, but, knowing we gave up so much and that your team has showed that they are willing to move Kemp, I think they should do trade us Kemp straight up. I'd be happy with that.

If we didnt trade Kemp for Sabathia I am pretty sure we wouldnt trade him for Bedard. And given his latest health issues its gonna be hard to get anyone to bite with "top prospects" in a deal for him. But our GM is Ned Colletti so who knows!

All in all I think it would benefit you guys to get some propects and just start over. Keep Ichiro and King Felix and build around them. Good luck to you guys.

Ian.
07-11-2008, 07:47 PM
I wasn't aware the deal involving Kemp didn't go down becuase the Dodger's front office didn't go for it. Nevermind then.

Bleeds Blue
07-11-2008, 08:55 PM
there is no way that we should throw in three good specs like laroche, hu, and meloan for beltre. i think that we can get him for less than that, like a package centered around laroche. his power and defense are needed. if we can get beltre for something decent then i say go for it but we shouldnt break our backs for him

gagnefan38
07-11-2008, 09:13 PM
There is a reason why the Mariners have the worst record in the majors their players suck with the exception of Ichiro and Felix H. I don't want the leftovers.

dodgerdave
07-11-2008, 09:18 PM

Iceman_9
07-12-2008, 10:26 AM
We are in desperate need of a bat... Whoever he is, just get him.

Ian.
07-12-2008, 11:33 AM
There is a reason why the Mariners have the worst record in the majors their players suck with the exception of Ichiro and Felix H. I don't want the leftovers.

-Morrow 7/8 Save op, 1.23 ERA, 40 K in 29 innings. Man, he sure sucks.

-Lopez's stats are better than Kent's except HR. He'd be an upgrade.

-Beltre........I don't know who you guys have at third now.....DeWitt? Beltre would be an upgrade in mostly every stat category. Really the only thing DeWitt has the upper hand is AVG and that's by .001. Upgrade.

-Ibanez.....He'd be a huge upgrade from Andruw Jones. I'm sure you knew that though.

-Shawn Green is also a pretty good reliever.......49 IP, 45 K, 2.90 ERA.

I'm not trying to cause problems or argue, but I think you might be underestimating the talent on this team.

gagnefan38
07-12-2008, 02:09 PM
-Morrow 7/8 Save op, 1.23 ERA, 40 K in 29 innings. Man, he sure sucks.

-Lopez's stats are better than Kent's except HR. He'd be an upgrade.

-Beltre........I don't know who you guys have at third now.....DeWitt? Beltre would be an upgrade in mostly every stat category. Really the only thing DeWitt has the upper hand is AVG and that's by .001. Upgrade.

-Ibanez.....He'd be a huge upgrade from Andruw Jones. I'm sure you knew that though.

-Shawn Green is also a pretty good reliever.......49 IP, 45 K, 2.90 ERA.

I'm not trying to cause problems or argue, but I think you might be underestimating the talent on this team.

Nobody of any impact that can come here and be a difference maker. We've been through the Beltre "era" and it was enough for most of us. Ibanez is a nice player but again not an impact player plus he's exclusively an outfielder and we have a glut of those and he's 36 to boot. Lopez is having a nice year but I'll still take a Hall-of Famer over him in a New York minute. Our bullpen is strong as well so those relievers you mentioned I'll pass.

All in all they have nice players and perhaps I was a bit too harsh calling them the "suck" word but I'm not doing cartwheels thinking about them on this team.

bcransom
07-12-2008, 02:24 PM
cause they would get a buttload for him.

not just a buttload... a rosie odonnell buttload