PDA

View Full Version : can monte be a sixth man of the yr

butta81
07-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Trade Al for kirk, and have monte come off the bench, as a sixth man.

Jimmy3702
07-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Waste of his talent to come off the bench. Why would he want to do that when he can become a Superstar as a starter?

butta81
07-10-2008, 03:50 PM
look how phoenix uses barbosa, that could b a option for us. the warriors wouldnt have a problem with the bench.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Trade Al for kirk, and have monte come off the bench, as a sixth man.

That would only makes sense if we were paying him like a bench player and even then it would be tough to leave all that tallent on the bench. You have to let the young one play to allow him every chance to reach his potential.

Lincoln Logs
07-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Dude, he's our starting point guard this year. End of Story, Nelson said it. This might have been a relevant question last year, but with his development and high scoring from last year(which was much higher than Barbosas), there is no way we could start a game with him on the bench now. I could see Belinelli becoming our 6th man, and winning it too. :D

bryan_22221
07-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Why would you have our best player coming off the bench? thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard!! I would be insulted if I was Monta Ellis and Kirk Hinrich was starting over me. Lets just have our top scorer and our future superstar coming off our Bench, good Idea, idiot

Thatruth32
07-10-2008, 04:28 PM
wtf.... is this for real? monta on they bench come on now...

butta81
07-10-2008, 04:29 PM
yes monte is our best player, but y wouldnt you want a better ball handler be the starter before monte who as a sg avg 5 to last yr. having monte come off the bench would always have a legimate scorer coming off the bench. sliding from the point and the sg position.:mad:

Thatruth32
07-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Dude, he's our starting point guard this year. End of Story, Nelson said it. This might have been a relevant question last year, but with his development and high scoring from last year(which was much higher than Barbosas), there is no way we could start a game with him on the bench now. I could see Belinelli becoming our 6th man, and winning it too. :D

i think we could go with monta but u remember on the draft mulling said nellie likes blowing smoke... i think by saying monta is our PG teams prices might go down because they dont feel as we HAVE to get a pg.... good ol nellie

Thatruth32
07-10-2008, 04:33 PM
look how phoenix uses barbosa, that could b a option for us. the warriors wouldnt have a problem with the bench.

yea because they have steve nash in front of him .... come on man this just makes no scence monta is about to get paid over 10 mil a year... and u wont him to ride tha bench wow....

Im down to play any money fantasy league with u lmao.... all joking aside forget monta going to the bench it will never happen :crazy::bang:

Kdirt
07-10-2008, 05:08 PM
i think we could go with monta but u remember on the draft mulling said nellie likes blowing smoke... i think by saying monta is our PG teams prices might go down because they dont feel as we HAVE to get a pg.... good ol nellie

Good point on that theory. As far as this thread is concerned, borderline ********. Im sure Monta might come off the bench a couple games this year cause Nellie likes to switch up lineups, but Im certain he would rather sit Harrington and move everyone up a spot and insert Monta at the 2 before he would bring him off the bench.

oracle650
07-10-2008, 05:46 PM
monta's the fastest man in the league work on his passing he's a complete beast. he gots the mid-range down. we know that. and he drives like a 67 chevelle. what is the purpose of this thread? sixth man spot is for someone who is NOT:eyebrow: yet a starter. I thought:D

Thatruth32
07-10-2008, 05:55 PM
to me more than passing he has to improve his ball handling he started to show more court vision last year just gotta get some handels

Thatruth32
07-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Good point on that theory. As far as this thread is concerned, borderline ********. Im sure Monta might come off the bench a couple games this year cause Nellie likes to switch up lineups, but Im certain he would rather sit Harrington and move everyone up a spot and insert Monta at the 2 before he would bring him off the bench.

thx...

FC_4_life
07-10-2008, 06:00 PM
What you're saying is like having Kobe or LeBron coming off the bench. I understand where you're coming from, but still, it would probably ruin his chances of becoming the team leader.

On another note, if all else fails on the PG front, why not go after Marbury? The Knicks would probably eat most of his contract and they are trying to get rid of him with the addition of Duhon. Even if we decide to not use him as the starting PG, we can sign him to the vet minimum and have him work with Monta and back him up.

good spliff
07-10-2008, 08:44 PM
This is stupid. Start your best players.

mavwar53
07-10-2008, 09:04 PM
having monta come off the bench would be stupid because he would still have to play the point. A backcourt of hinrich and ellis would not be able to gaurd kobe, t-mac, d-Wade, and others of such size.

bryan_22221
07-10-2008, 09:48 PM
this Butta81 dude is smokin something, lets close this thread! its pointless, no one is going to agree with you.

Aliengames
07-11-2008, 04:18 AM
look how phoenix uses barbosa

You're confusing Kirk Heinrich for Steve Nash... common mistake.

But seriously, Monta ****s on Kirk Heinrich.

Beno7500
07-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Monta will start and put up solid numbers. Kirk wont be coming to GS