PDA

View Full Version : Hornets PG attracting offers

Sports Illustrator
07-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Hornets General Manager Jeff Bower said the team has been involved in serious discussions with several free agents, but no deals were finalized Wednesday, the first day free agents could sign contracts. The Hornets continue to express interest in Boston free agent swingman James Posey and Detroit shooting guard Jarvis Hayes. They are also making a push to re-sign point guard Jannero Pargo, who is receiving interest from at least four different teams, according to his agent. "I think we had some strong discussions with a large number of prospects," Bower said.

From New Orleans Times-Picayune (http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-3/1215667978145860.xml&coll=1)

_Sn1P3r_
07-10-2008, 08:18 PM
NO should make sure Pargo stays.

Sports Illustrator
07-11-2008, 12:41 AM
NO should make sure Pargo stays.

They really shouldn't over pay him because there'd be many concerns about him. He probably won't be the same player since he's already worked for his contract and thats why its never a good idea to have to overpay any player (Jerome James being a prime example of this, with the New York Knicks).

I do agree that he was a great asset for the team and did help the team become the team they are now, but he isn't a primary option or someone they desperately need in order to win games. It would be great for them to have him back but if he is planning to go else where to play more of a role on a team or get paid more money, the Hornets still shouldn't have much to worry about. With or without him, the Hornets are still an excellent team.

kayface
07-11-2008, 01:07 AM
were kind of in the same situation that we were in with speedy claxton.. he was a great sixth man, hit free agency, got a big contract from the hawks i believe and stunk it up... meanwhile we replaced him with an established vet in bobby jackson who did well for us.. so i would like pargo back if we dont overpay, and if he signs else where, then there are plenty of other pgs out there

_Sn1P3r_
07-13-2008, 08:30 PM
They really shouldn't over pay him because there'd be many concerns about him. He probably won't be the same player since he's already worked for his contract and thats why its never a good idea to have to overpay any player (Jerome James being a prime example of this, with the New York Knicks).

I do agree that he was a great asset for the team and did help the team become the team they are now, but he isn't a primary option or someone they desperately need in order to win games. It would be great for them to have him back but if he is planning to go else where to play more of a role on a team or get paid more money, the Hornets still shouldn't have much to worry about. With or without him, the Hornets are still an excellent team.

True but if they don't have to overpay him, I wouldn't mind bringing him back. I agree he's not needed desperately though. Mike James is still there right.

PhillyLuver
07-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Pargo is a great story as he was a good player but just got cut from the Lakers awhile ago and has caught on here. I hope he gets resigned

Sports Illustrator
07-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Jannero Pargo, whom the Hornets want to re-sign, wants a three-year deal and has received interest from several teams. He has opted out of his contract with the Hornets the past two years only to re-sign with them.

From New Orleans Times-Picayune (http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/?/base/sports-3/1216877981216820.xml&coll=1)

tripleplay2007
07-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Mike James = The Gangster

Sports Illustrator
08-05-2008, 11:52 AM
The rumor in one Western Conference front office Monday afternoon had it that Jannero Pargo was about to agree to -- or perhaps already had agreed to -- a deal that would have brought the backup point guard to San Antonio. Ah, but not so fast. Pargo's agent, Mark Bartelstein, acknowledged ongoing talks with the Spurs, but said his client has yet to agree to a deal with anyone. The Spurs spent the lion's share of their mid-level exception to sign former Washington guard Roger Mason Jr. -- another Bartelstein client -- earlier this summer. The team still has a $2.9 million biannual exception at its disposal, more than double the $1.08 million Pargo would have earned next season in New Orleans had he not opted out of his contract.

From San Antonio Express-News (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/08/jeff_mcdonald_s_12.html)

Sports Illustrator
08-06-2008, 12:04 PM
It appears the Hornets might be ready to live with Mike James as a backup point guard this season allowing Janerro Pargo to sign with another NBA team, possibly the San Antonio Spurs. Pargo's agent, Mark Bartelstein said the Hornets "don't seem interested in signing (Pargo) at this point. I don't think he'll be back with them at this point." Hornets general manager Jeff Bower on Tuesday declined to comment on any on-going negotiations with free agents. Pargo has drawn some interest from at least two Western Conference teams, the Denver Nuggets and this week from the Spurs.

From New Orleans Times-Picayune (http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/2008/08/new_orleans_hornets_guard_jann.html)

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-07-2008, 11:26 PM
i dont think he will sign with hornets

fabian11593
08-08-2008, 03:09 AM
He will probably end up a Spur.

Sports Illustrator
08-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Dynamo Moscow coach David Blatt has his eye on former Hornets guard Jannero Pargo, who is being pursued by San Antonio and Denver. Those teams were offering a little more than $2 million. Pargo's agent, Mark Bartelstein, is using the interest in Russia as leverage with the NBA clubs

From News-Herald (http://news-herald.townnews.com/articles/2008/08/10/sports/doc489e70ff6f55c301173198.txt)