PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers "Front Runners" to get James Posey

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-10-2008, 02:32 PM
I was just wondering if we were the "front runner" to get James Posey. I have seen some posted articles so I was just curious if we were.

IndiansFan337
07-10-2008, 02:58 PM
I don't think so. He has 5-8 teams aggressively pursuing him.

So it will be tough for us to win that bidding war, especially without overpaying him in terms of amount of length of the contract.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-10-2008, 03:00 PM

So it will be tough for us to win that bidding war, especially without overpaying him in terms of amount of length of the contract.

Darn, i really would like to get him..:sad2:

gambino6778
07-10-2008, 04:34 PM

I would have to agree. It's unfortunate we will probably miss out on another FA. Posey will probably have his pick and with teams like Boston and LA Lakers in the mix it's doubtful he'll pick his hometown team over a team much closer to a championship.

216to702
07-10-2008, 10:35 PM
I was just wondering if we were the "front runner" to get James Posey. I have seen some posted articles so I was just curious if we were.that would be a could pic for the cavs. they had oppurtinity this season to land good players, such as jason kidd. but they did`nt. by the time they look at posey he will ask for too much. it makes sense for him to come back to his home town to play along james.

Sbank
07-10-2008, 11:35 PM
I would have to agree. It's unfortunate we will probably miss out on another FA. Posey will probably have his pick and with teams like Boston and LA Lakers in the mix it's doubtful he'll pick his hometown team over a team much closer to a championship.

Who wouldn't want to play with LeBron if he contracts are about even from your hometown? Plus we are team trying to fine tune our roster to make us better for the playoffs and he would make us a lot better then we are now.

IndiansFan337
07-11-2008, 10:05 AM
It seems as if the Celtics are on the verge of retaining Posey's services.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-11-2008, 11:56 AM
It seems as if the Celtics are on the verge of retaining Posey's services.

Yea I heard that as well I don't blame him I know I wouldn't leave a championship caliber team.

IndiansFan337
07-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Boston free agent forward James Posey's agent, Mark Bartelstien, said Sunday that there could be "something" contract-wise for his client on Monday.
It's believed that the Hornets are Boston's main competition for the Posey's services. Other teams potentially interested in Posey include Detroit, Washington and Cleveland, and we might have our answer sooner than later.
Rotoworld.com

IndiansFan337
07-16-2008, 04:31 PM
He's signing a 4 yr deal worth about $25 million with the NO Hornets. So he's now off the market....