PDA

View Full Version : Braylon Edwards

Fayzon10
07-10-2008, 02:21 PM
would we have been better off drafting Braylon Edwards with our first pick instead of Alex Smith then picking Jason Campbell with our next pick????

bartlett2266
07-10-2008, 04:02 PM
well obviously we also could have drafted Braylon Edwards then traded back in late in the first round and drafted Aaron Rodgers who we almost took 1st overall. But its very easy to say all this looking back. At the time the probably made the right move.

Thatruth32
07-10-2008, 04:56 PM
cant change anything so ... why even think of what could have been?

Remmni
07-10-2008, 05:52 PM
You guys think we would have been better off drafting Tom Brady rather than the scrub we drafted late in the 6th round.

Dumb thread

Fayzon10
07-10-2008, 06:25 PM
You guys think we would have been better off drafting Tom Brady rather than the scrub we drafted late in the 6th round.

Dumb threadDude we had the number one pick that year, Braylon Edwards was the only player that warrented a number one pick and we didn't take him.. Jason Campbell I believe wasn't taken until the second round we passed him up a couple of times, we had a chance to get a star and we passed him up for Alex Smith who never was and never will be a star...

9erlakesdodgers
07-10-2008, 08:55 PM
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, dont we have braylon and jason campbell? We should trade both of them for adrian peterson, you think the vikes would do that? Stop with the silly what if's thread, yes we all know we had the #1 pick, and its #11 alex smith, deal with it.

Vegasguy80
07-10-2008, 09:09 PM
What is the purpose of this? If they are going to close the Favre thread then close this one too. You can't go back and change the past now McFly

niners395
07-10-2008, 09:55 PM
I remember how pissed i was during that draft after the niners didn't get braylon edwards. It was obvious he had the most potential and talent out of the 3. Alex Smith and Aron Rodgers will never be anything more than mediocre. Alex Smith came out of UTAH for god sakes, not exactly the biggest football school!

WillisLovechild
07-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Dude we had the number one pick that year, Braylon Edwards was the only player that warrented a number one pick and we didn't take him.. Jason Campbell I believe wasn't taken until the second round we passed him up a couple of times, we had a chance to get a star and we passed him up for Alex Smith who never was and never will be a star...

stupid... jason campbell was taken in the first round by the redskins. we coulda had a star in campbell? wtf has campbell done that makes him any better than smith? think for a second pal. we coulda had ware, merriman, brown, edwards, blah blah blah. we took smith, we needed a qb, we did what we had to. idk where u get off saying campbell is a star.

I remember how pissed i was during that draft after the niners didn't get braylon edwards. It was obvious he had the most potential and talent out of the 3. Alex Smith and Aron Rodgers will never be anything more than mediocre. Alex Smith came out of UTAH for god sakes, not exactly the biggest football school!

whats the point in drafting a WR when we dont have a QB to throw them the ball? think for one second buddy... jerry rice came out of mississippi valley state, brett favre came out of southern mississippi... not exactly big football schools, and thats clearly why they sucked :rolleyes:. STUPID ARGUMENT.

jason17
07-10-2008, 11:21 PM
stupid... jason campbell was taken in the first round by the redskins. we coulda had a star in campbell? wtf has campbell done that makes him any better than smith? think for a second pal. we coulda had ware, merriman, brown, edwards, blah blah blah. we took smith, we needed a qb, we did what we had to. idk where u get off saying campbell is a star.

whats the point in drafting a WR when we dont have a QB to throw them the ball? think for one second buddy... jerry rice came out of mississippi valley state, brett favre came out of southern mississippi... not exactly big football schools, and thats clearly why they sucked :rolleyes:. STUPID ARGUMENT.

I am an star:)

Plus lets be real Jason Campbell is >>>>than Smith and Campbell had to learn an play book every year. Problem with his lack of TD's and INTs was this was his first full year while Smith had 3 full years and nothing. JC didn't fit the scheme and didn't have time to throw but get him with an scheme to fit and an healthy OL and healthy WR's than you'll see an pro-bowler this year.

Hes extreamly clutch in OT games but last minutes needs to be worked on. But Dallas and Eagles can tell you if hes not good or not.

Fayzon10
07-10-2008, 11:50 PM

Braylon Edwards is the star not Jason Campbell.. What I'm saying is how may Qbs could we have gotten with the same skill level as Alex Smith??? He was not or will ever be a #1 pick the only one in that draft that was a true number one was Edwards and we passed on him...

DownSouth49er
07-11-2008, 12:13 AM
what ppl still fail to realise when revisiting the past is that there really is no such thing a #1 guy...the draft is filled with players that perform better than the next but it all depends on what a teams need...that would be like the colts going 2-14 next year, having the 1st pick and using it on a QB that everyone thinks should be the first pick....why would they do that and they have manning?...the 49ers that year was in a situation where a QB was a must for OUR team...we needed more pieces but for us it began with a QB....if it wasn't for us picking 1st, smith wouldn't have been a #1...but because we picked first then everyone is holding him to that #1 status when he really isn't a number one and is going into a year where QB's of status should begin to come around....all of that we should have drafted edwards or drafted someone else is old news...and #1 picks are over-rated because any smart team is going to draft what they NEED more than anything else and not draft a player because that's what ppl expects you to do...we needed a QB that year, so we took alex...plain and simple

jason17
07-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Braylon Edwards is the star not Jason Campbell.. What I'm saying is how may Qbs could we have gotten with the same skill level as Alex Smith??? He was not or will ever be a #1 pick the only one in that draft that was a true number one was Edwards and we passed on him...
You guys have to realize this. If you got Edward and ended up better than an 4-12 team, than last years draft you guys would of never gotten Willis.

So IMO you guys have an Bruce and Bryant to play with so be happy:)

bartlett2266
07-11-2008, 12:30 AM
I am an star:)

Plus lets be real Jason Campbell is >>>>than Smith and Campbell had to learn an play book every year. Problem with his lack of TD's and INTs was this was his first full year while Smith had 3 full years and nothing. JC didn't fit the scheme and didn't have time to throw but get him with an scheme to fit and an healthy OL and healthy WR's than you'll see an pro-bowler this year.

Hes extreamly clutch in OT games but last minutes needs to be worked on. But Dallas and Eagles can tell you if hes not good or not.

i dont like the guy but hes got a point

jason17
07-11-2008, 12:47 AM
i dont like the guy but hes got a point

Every body hates me........besides the 9ers ( Cough Cough).......