PDA

View Full Version : How many Raptors fans are in the redraft?

pebloemer
07-10-2008, 02:06 PM
I am just curious how many regulars on the Raptors forum are involved in the re-draft? I know I have seen a few of you.

D-Train#35
07-10-2008, 02:27 PM
I used to do them. I know ragun does that stuff

Mile High Champ
07-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Im not sure if its the redraft or what but I signed up as the pacers and got them.

AgentViet
07-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Im not sure if its the redraft or what but I signed up as the pacers and got them.

That is the Mock Offseason.

Anyways, I'm participating in all the NBA Games on this site. :cool:

Bob_at_york
07-10-2008, 02:51 PM

I am not sure if you are working alone or anything but if you ever need to bounce ideas off someone or something, just let me know.

Mile High Champ
07-10-2008, 02:58 PM
That is the Mock Offseason.

Anyways, I'm participating in all the NBA Games on this site. :cool:

so can you give me the difference of what they are. What can I expect in terms of the mock offseason. When does it start, how long does it last? Thanks

Mile High Champ
07-10-2008, 02:59 PM
I am not sure if you are working alone or anything but if you ever need to bounce ideas off someone or something, just let me know.

thanks for the offer, will keep that in mind, Ill make you my Co GM.. haha or special advisor to the General Manager.. You like that position?

Bob_at_york
07-10-2008, 03:07 PM
so can you give me the difference of what they are. What can I expect in terms of the mock offseason. When does it start, how long does it last? Thanks

With the re-draft you start with NOTHING, just a team name. I actually wonder why people care what team they are.

With a mock offseason you are given the actual team (in your case the Pacers). You then follow the NBA rules and try to do the GM's job. The mock lasts around two months usually. Make sure you read the whole FAQ.

Bob_at_york
07-10-2008, 03:09 PM
thanks for the offer, will keep that in mind, Ill make you my Co GM.. haha or special advisor to the General Manager.. You like that position?

I could be. I decided to sit this one out because I don't have the time. But a special advisor role where you run ideas by me and I help teach you the game a bit, is something I could be interested in. Not too time-consuming. The only reason I would turn it down is if I great a job with the commish's office. I offered my services there also in a limited capacity.

Mile High Champ
07-10-2008, 04:00 PM
I could be. I decided to sit this one out because I don't have the time. But a special advisor role where you run ideas by me and I help teach you the game a bit, is something I could be interested in. Not too time-consuming. The only reason I would turn it down is if I great a job with the commish's office. I offered my services there also in a limited capacity.

thats fine with me, i will need more help with lets say the format and completing trades and such. I know the players and the salaries just as well as anyone on the boards. But yes a special advisor would be a nice addition to my team.. Thanks bob

Cheers

torontosports10
07-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Im in the Sim league and also NBA redraft and MLB Re draft.

Ragun
07-10-2008, 04:40 PM
I am in the NBA Mock, NBA Re-Draft, NBA All-Time Re-Draft, NBA Sim League, MLB Re-Draft, was in the NHL Re-Draft, NHL Mock Offseason. Yeah I own and I am super popular...cooler than Bob. :cool:

Bob_at_york
07-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I am in the NBA Mock, NBA Re-Draft, NBA All-Time Re-Draft, NBA Sim League, MLB Re-Draft, was in the NHL Re-Draft, NHL Mock Offseason. Yeah I own and I am super popular...cooler than Bob. :cool:

somebody is either over-compensating or has no life. :p

Ragun
07-10-2008, 05:13 PM
somebody is either over-compensating or has no life. :p

Must be you and your 25000 posts... :cool:

speaking of posts, i whored my way to the 10000 posts club.

hades
07-11-2008, 03:04 AM
is there any raptor fan organizing a re draft?

The Wise 1
07-11-2008, 03:59 AM
Just out of curiosity, how do they determine winners and losers for the re draft league and the mock offseason? I've always liked playing gm in any sport and can literally sit for hours playing NBA 2K8 Association Mode just making trades, signing free agents and preparing for the draft that happens every year without playing a actual game.

Also, how long do they last?, when do new ones start? and do they actually last and not fall apart?

The Wise 1
07-11-2008, 04:02 AM
and for the sim leagues

star
07-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you had any suggestions .... i want to start a LONG TERM keeper leauge (like a fantasy thing) ... one of my buddies did it with hockey and he said they have had a 16 team leauge for 7 years now.

Where would i organize something like that (yahoo, cbs, espn)?

Also is anyone interested?

We would just set up a pot and pay out the top 3 places.

Bob_at_york
07-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Just out of curiosity, how do they determine winners and losers for the re draft league and the mock offseason? I've always liked playing gm in any sport and can literally sit for hours playing NBA 2K8 Association Mode just making trades, signing free agents and preparing for the draft that happens every year without playing a actual game.

Also, how long do they last?, when do new ones start? and do they actually last and not fall apart?

I think they last on average 2-3 months and the winners are decided by people voting.