PDA

View Full Version : Who's the worst owner in the league?

6deep
07-10-2008, 01:33 PM
- Donald Sterling - Clippers
- James Dolan - Knicks
- Clay Bennett - Ok City TBD
- Chris Cohan - Warriors
- Other

Vidball
07-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Sterling...the guy has the worst track record. I have a friend that used to work for him--I can't believe how ridiculously cheap Sterling is.

Dirty Dirk41
07-10-2008, 01:37 PM
gotta go with Dolan he hired I. thomas and thought he was the answer...

Nets fan 93
07-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Bruce Ratner :(

meandering
07-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Senator Kohl

Chicagofaithful
07-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Jerry Reinsdorf!!!!! He's TERRIBLE i hate him

I Am Awesome-O
07-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Where is Michael Heisley on this list? He is the one who made Chris Wallace do the Pau trade to the Lakers because it gave the Grizzlies the largest expiring contract in Kwame Brown

PHX-SOXFAN
07-10-2008, 02:00 PM
robert sarver, cheap sob

MSG34
07-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Dolan

KH12
07-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Jerry Rein$dorf.

CUBSin08
07-10-2008, 03:17 PM
def. jerry reinsdorf, the worst that ever lived

mihirdesu
07-10-2008, 03:25 PM
How do you forget Glen Taylor? BY FARRRRR the worst owner..... And who ever the F owns the hawks

Chronz
07-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Its definitely not Sterling, the guy is cheap but hes a shrewd business man

NBAkYD
07-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Worst of all-time was Katz, of the 76ers. He told Andrew Tony that he was lying about pain, and forced him to play. End result, Philadelphians hate him and The Boston Strangler's career gets cut in half.

Davisayan
07-10-2008, 03:44 PM
I said clay i'm not a seattle fan but i'd hate to be a fan of a team then all of a sudden change cities on you.

Baller1
07-10-2008, 03:57 PM
I think it's obvious who I voted for.

**** Bennett.

Afridi786
07-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Add Jerry Reinsdorf, he had said he would give up all of our rings if it meant he could get one white sox championship.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-10-2008, 04:04 PM
gotta go with Dolan he hired I. thomas and thought he was the answer...
don't blame dolan he spends the money,management screwed this team up.

6deep
07-10-2008, 04:04 PM
I didn't realize all these "fans" were unhappy with the owners of their teams. Sorry, but the 'Others' choice isn't winning. If it does, we could open it up and add more owners.... but for now these were my top 4 guys of recent memory, so Let's see what happens. Thanks for voting!

BTW : Do other leagues have the same problems? Bad Owners. I don't know about the NFL, or MLB teams having that rap.

Bruce Ratner - Is going after Lebron hard & is only moving to BKLYN. What's that? 10 miles away.....with a hour and a half commute!

Glenn Taylor - He just hasn't fired the worst GM of all time, that's all. If He was in NY, he'd be Dolan. But his franchise is one that no one cares about. (wolves lol)

Jerry Reinsdorf - Are you kidding me! Six world Championships? and you are upset.

Michael Heisley - #374th Richest Person in America, lol. He knows what he's doing. Q&A with the owner (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/Feb/03/heisleys-the-guy-making-decisions/) Memphis will be good.

thanx.

PrymaL
07-10-2008, 04:10 PM
My dad used to be a cab driver and one day he was taking Sterling somewhere (forgot where) and he ended up arguing with my dad for a few dollars, complaining that the trip was too expensive, very cheap person :D

Thatruth32
07-10-2008, 04:20 PM
David S...

_Sn1P3r_
07-10-2008, 05:43 PM
My dad used to be a cab driver and one day he was taking Sterling somewhere (forgot where) and he ended up arguing with my dad for a few dollars, complaining that the trip was too expensive, very cheap person :D

Haha wow.. and he's supposed to be rich.

sanfranfan1210
07-10-2008, 07:17 PM
James Dolan

lakerboy
07-10-2008, 07:50 PM
The owners of Atlanta Hawks.

Second City
07-10-2008, 08:25 PM
I think that my sig says it all...

JakeDelbreezy
07-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Bob Johnson Charlotte Bobcats. Hands down worst owner in the league. He actually came out in the local papers and said it was the fans fault he was losing money....Despite the fact we tax payers built the arena and let him keep every cent of revenue from it....also it didn't help that despite being an expansion franchise he charged some of the highest tix prices to the very same tax payers who built the arena...I guess he expects the fans to shell out top dollars while he penny pinches on a roster...not to mention the horrible TV deal he had...the games will just now be shown market wide Next Year in the Carolinas...that's right...for as long as the Bobcats have been in the league the folks outside of Charlotte haven't even been able to see the games on TV. Why? B/C Bob Johnson tried to get greedy and corner the market with his own channel...now the fans aren't happy..and instead of trying to win the fans back..he just blames them for his financial losses..

stawka
07-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Suns. Useless as a third tit!

*Superman*
07-10-2008, 09:27 PM
And the winner is(drum roll)!........James Dolan for having the most Fcked up team ever!

MGB
07-10-2008, 09:43 PM
I didn't realize all these "fans" were unhappy with the owners of their teams. Sorry, but the 'Others' choice isn't winning. If it does, we could open it up and add more owners.... but for now these were my top 4 guys of recent memory, so Let's see what happens. Thanks for voting!

BTW : Do other leagues have the same problems? Bad Owners. I don't know about the NFL, or MLB teams having that rap.

Bruce Ratner - Is going after Lebron hard & is only moving to BKLYN. What's that? 10 miles away.....with a hour and a half commute!

Glenn Taylor - He just hasn't fired the worst GM of all time, that's all. If He was in NY, he'd be Dolan. But his franchise is one that no one cares about. (wolves lol)

Jerry Reinsdorf - Are you kidding me! Six world Championships? and you are upset.

Michael Heisley - #374th Richest Person in America, lol. He knows what he's doing. Q&A with the owner (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/Feb/03/heisleys-the-guy-making-decisions/) Memphis will be good.

thanx.

And he complained all the way to the bank when he had to pay those teams. He's the cheapest SOB ever. When he gets his little claws on money he doesn't let it go, just look at the coaching search this year, the refusal to get a star player and go into the luxery tax numerous times, etc, etc.

PrymaL
07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Haha wow.. and he's supposed to be rich.

Yeah, which is what makes it so ridiculous.

superkegger
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Jerry Reinsdorf!!!!! He's TERRIBLE i hate him

He's not terrible...he does have 6 championships to show for his work...not that he's great, but he's not terrible.

How do you forget Glen Taylor? BY FARRRRR the worst owner..... And who ever the F owns the hawks
Taylor is my vote. He isn't a basketball guy who gets too involved in basketball decisions.

Its definitely not Sterling, the guy is cheap but hes a shrewd business man

a shrewd business man doesn't make you a good owner...

nolin
07-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Jerry's brought championships to chicago he cant be the worst

avsman05
07-10-2008, 11:08 PM

thanx.

The Monforts for the Colorado Rockies are horrid cheap skates they have had 4 stud pitches in 15 years.

Rhyming Rebel
07-10-2008, 11:13 PM
From a fan point of view it has to be Donald Sterling.

Pran Raznor
07-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Reinsdorf.