PDA

View Full Version : The New Warriors

babyshaq87
07-10-2008, 11:39 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/09/SP9H11ME7G.DTL

it's an article from nba.com

It says Monta-Jax-Maggette-Harrington-Biedrins will be our lineup with the second unit Belinelli-Randolph-Wright who are sure to be in the team and with CJ Watson who should be there but not official yet.. and also Turiaf could sign our offer sheet in a couple of days..

i think we could make some more moves..
someone showed interest in Harrington and we have a good replacement in Wright.. so we could let him go..
1) For example there was an article talking about the Cavs interested in him.. it could be Al for Gibson (if sign and trade) + Varejao.. the salaries would match if gibson signs for 3M.. this could be good because Varejao can be our backup center and gibson our backup PG.. they both can run the floor and also Varejao will be FA in 2 years so we could trade him next summer for players or picks..
2)another team interested in Al could be Miami but only with Baron's sign-and-trade.. i can't find the article anymore but is said baron+harrington for Marion+Haslem.. salaries would match and we would have Marion expiring next summer and Haslem in '10 summer.. anyway this is almost impossible because watching what appened in baron i think our GM doesn't want even to talk with him but with brand signing with the sixers everything could change..

Someone said we could trade monta too.. but he is young and talented as few other players.. the problem is if he can really play the pg position.. i don't see the warriors trading monta just because it's hard to find players who can replace him..

Saltinuts40
07-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Varajaeo would replace Al at 4 if we brought him in. Turiaf is our backup center.

babyshaq87
07-10-2008, 12:43 PM
varejao at 4 means less offense.. i think that varejao and turiaf will be our backups at 4 and 5 with writh starting at 4.. anyway even if varejao starts at 4 i think it could be a good trade...

GWarrior
07-10-2008, 12:44 PM
if we take a look at the possible changes for this season:

Maggette for Pietrus/Barnes (we got more scoring for $2M extra)
Turiaf for croshere/o'bryant (About the same $$$, solid defender, it is a plus for the Ws)
Combination of cap space + PG (Crittenton, Conley or Lowry) for Davis (not convinced, but that was his decision to leave)

Despite BD, i am ok with those changes as soon as he sign Ellis, Biedrens, and Buki.

djeller1139
07-10-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm still pulling for the Warriors to dump Harrington's salary on the Grizzlies, us picking up a young talented PG, then using the extra cap and signing Josh Smith or Emeka Okafor. If we could send out a team of -

Conley or Lowry or Crittenton
Ellis/Bellinelli/Azibuike
Maggette/Jackson/Randolph
Okafor or Smith/Wright/Turiaf
Biedrins/Turiaf

We would be an incredibly young team on the rise that will make the playoffs year in and year out, and while other teams (Suns, Spurs, Mavs) continue to age and falter, the Warriors will start to better teams one by one.

PolloLoco
07-10-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm still pulling for the Warriors to dump Harrington's salary on the Grizzlies, us picking up a young talented PG, then using the extra cap and signing Josh Smith or Emeka Okafor. If we could send out a team of -

Conley or Lowry or Crittenton
Ellis/Bellinelli/Azibuike
Maggette/Jackson/Randolph
Okafor or Smith/Wright/Turiaf
Biedrins/Turiaf

We would be an incredibly young team on the rise that will make the playoffs year in and year out, and while other teams (Suns, Spurs, Mavs) continue to age and falter, the Warriors will start to better teams one by one.

Though I really want to see Harrington go - I think you should temper your expectations on Josh Smith or Okafor. I was gung-ho about Smith at the start of this free agent period, but many people have pointed out that he's not the post up power forward we really need/want. He would not provide adequate defense for the beasts in the West that have been hurting us.

Okafor's a different animal. He's going to want more than 13 mill because that's what he turned down. He's more of a sure thing post player, but I'm not sure if he's got the speed to play 4 effectively in our scheme. Also, signing him would mean practically giving up on Wright/Biedrins as quality starters if not stars. I'm not sure we're ready to do that yet.

As it is, I'm OK with the roster currently propsed. I'd just like to see Harrington's money used to shore up our weaknesses at point guard - in case Monta doesn't work out. Right now, I'm looking at:

PG - Monta, ? - hopefully Livingston, Crittendon, Conley, Lowry etc.
SG - Jackson, Bellinelli - according to Nelson's interview
SF - Maggette (sp), Randolph
PF - Wright, Turiaf? Though Nelson see's him as a C
C - Biedrins, Turiaf, Perovic

babyshaq87
07-10-2008, 07:01 PM
so.. Maggette is in.. Turiaf not yet.. i see Al traded to memphis for a PG (Crittenton would be good because of his size but i've never seen him playing).. i'd love to have warrick too.. i think Al for Crittenton and Warrick would be great but memphis will never do it..

babyshaq87
07-10-2008, 07:04 PM
there is livingston too because the clippers renounced to his rights.. so if we can sign him we can try to trade Harrington for another big man who can battle with wright for the starting PF position..

tru_warrior
07-10-2008, 07:09 PM
The Warriors are done in terms of giving out another big contract...especially to Smith and Okafor. We don't have the money for that anymore. $8 million left...and that's NOT including Turiaf if that deal goes through. We're just adding a backup point and more depth in the front court at this point.

If anything...Okafor is what we need more than Josh Smith...so I'm not sure why everyone is drooling over Smith. He's just really cool to watch fly...

Smizzle
07-10-2008, 07:22 PM
I like Crittenton or Conley from Memphis... I think that Conley is more of a facilitator than Crittenton, who is more of a scoring pg. I do agree that Crittenton would give more size and allow monta to play the smaller players, but does not have the leadership abilities of Conley Jr. I must say that I am very high on Conley Jr. from his year at Ohio St. he displayed great leadership throughout that season. He showed that, regardless of age, he could lead a team and help them get to a championship.

Livingston has completely blown out his knee on two different occasions, and once again is coming back... He was playing at a high level before he was injured, but I don't think we need to take the risk on a player that has serious knee problems(isn't that why we didn't want BD anymore)

If somehow there was a possibility that we could get both livingston and Conley(without spending too much on Livingston), we would have a large pg that could run the floor, while allowing ellis to be the one man fast break that we are all used to seeing. Plus, we could allow Conley to blossom as the new leader of this Ws team for the future, with Ellis and Biedrins, and Buike, and Wright.

djeller1139
07-10-2008, 08:26 PM
I like Crittenton or Conley from Memphis... I think that Conley is more of a facilitator than Crittenton, who is more of a scoring pg. I do agree that Crittenton would give more size and allow monta to play the smaller players, but does not have the leadership abilities of Conley Jr. I must say that I am very high on Conley Jr. from his year at Ohio St. he displayed great leadership throughout that season. He showed that, regardless of age, he could lead a team and help them get to a championship.

Livingston has completely blown out his knee on two different occasions, and once again is coming back... He was playing at a high level before he was injured, but I don't think we need to take the risk on a player that has serious knee problems(isn't that why we didn't want BD anymore)

If somehow there was a possibility that we could get both livingston and Conley(without spending too much on Livingston), we would have a large pg that could run the floor, while allowing ellis to be the one man fast break that we are all used to seeing. Plus, we could allow Conley to blossom as the new leader of this Ws team for the future, with Ellis and Biedrins, and Buike, and Wright.

I agree Conley would be a great leader while Crittendon would allow us to put Monta on a smaller player. Personally, I'd pick Conley, as he has already shown great ability, while Crittendon is not as good of a passser (from what i have read). I would rather pass on the Shaun Livingston risk unless we can try a short contract worth 2 million per at the most...it would be amazing if he could return to his old form, and quite a steal.

babyshaq87
07-11-2008, 05:21 AM
you are right.. conley is better tha critt in leadership and many other thing but size matters ;).. even if baron wasn't that tall he had the muscles that i don't see monta and conley have to guard bigger guys... but if jax is our SG we wouldn't need a big pg.. so i would go with conley if Jax is our starting SG but if we want monta at 2 and Jax at 3 i would go with critt.. anyway our GM said our lineup is monta-jax-maggette-al-biedrisn so we can have conley as backup for monta and if we could have warrick too we would have 10 good players

Ellis - Conley
Jax - Belinelli
Maggette - Barnes (if resigned)
Wright - Warrick
Biedrins - Turiaf

With the two guys from this year's draft to complete the bench..

tru_warrior
07-11-2008, 05:40 AM
if we really are going for a backup point...i'd imagine it'd be lowry or crittenton. conley was picked 4th overall...and was injured most of last year. i think he's too good to be a backup.

babyshaq87
07-11-2008, 08:07 AM
if nelson and our GM said monta to be our starting pg i think they are looking for a good backup who can step in if monta has problem.. conley is more than a backup so we could go for one of the other two guys.. i hope to trade Al for a package of Warrick and Critt/Lowry

tru_warrior
07-11-2008, 03:01 PM
i'd be fine with bringing in keyon dooling...he had a solid year for the magic. i'd feel safer with him than any of the memphis points.