PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Flying "Vote For JD" Banner Over Kauffman Stadium

turnaround3
07-10-2008, 04:42 AM
I don't know if anyone saw this yesterday, but if I were a Royal fan - I'd be incredibly offended.

From the Chicago Tribune:

Jermaine Dye's teammates treated him to a surprise Wednesday when he stepped out of the visitor's dugout.

Dye looked to the skies and saw a plane carrying the message "Vote for JD" with the team's Web site for fans to vote for him in the Final Vote balloting that ends at 4 p.m. Thursday for the American League All-Star team.

To me, this just reeks of non-respect and classlessness. Thoughts, KC fans?

PhillyLuver
07-10-2008, 10:44 AM
I don't think it's that big of a deal, kind of lame to do that though.

quade36
07-10-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't know if anyone saw this yesterday, but if I were a Royal fan - I'd be incredibly offended.

From the Chicago Tribune:

To me, this just reeks of non-respect and classlessness. Thoughts, KC fans?

Explain why you think this is bad? JD was a Royal fan favorite when he was on the team.

Classlessness are fans who go into other stadiums, boast about how great their team is, and put down fans of that team at their own stadium. Ever see a cub fan at an away game stadium???? That defines classless.

rhensley3
07-10-2008, 09:08 PM
seems like a perfect reason why no city should have 2 teams in it. jermaine dye is still one of my favorite players...i wish the royals had him back! royals fans AT the game got a kick out of it...i'll guarantee you! royals fans arent hateful bastards...they love baseball. just because cubs fans cant get along with the whitesox fans, dont mean it needs to spew over to the royals forum. if you guys could get along, maybe one of them would tell you what its like to play for a championship!!! :rock:

turnaround3
07-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Explain why you think this is bad? JD was a Royal fan favorite when he was on the team.

Classlessness are fans who go into other stadiums, boast about how great their team is, and put down fans of that team at their own stadium. Ever see a cub fan at an away game stadium???? That defines classless.

I've been a Cub fan at an away stadium, and that's most definitely not the manner by which I conduct myself. Our fanbase has it's share of morons and jackasses, as does any other.

If you're not offended by it, that's fine - it just seems to me the whole deal is uncouth.

They're division rivals. It'd be like Steinbrenner paying a plane to fly over a Red Sox/Yankees game at Fenway, carrying the message "Vote For The Giambino - www.yankees.com" The only difference is ESPN would be all over that.

Tragedy
07-11-2008, 12:03 AM
They're division rivals. It'd be like Steinbrenner paying a plane to fly over a Red Sox/Yankees game at Fenway, carrying the message "Vote For The Giambino - www.yankees.com" The only difference is ESPN would be all over that.
Personally, I'd find that hilarious, especially if Giambi's mug with that sweet 'stache were on it.

I don't think it's a big deal. I think they were also thinking along the lines that maybe some KC fans that used to love JD would consider voting him in.

quade36
07-11-2008, 11:44 AM
I've been a Cub fan at an away stadium, and that's most definitely not the manner by which I conduct myself. Our fanbase has it's share of morons and jackasses, as does any other.

If you're not offended by it, that's fine - it just seems to me the whole deal is uncouth.

Okay, I'll rephrase my statement because I think it was out of line. I know a lot of cub fans who are good baseball fans and good people. I was just a little upset at the previous poster's ignorant comment. He is one of many cub fans who do go to opposing stadiums and act like they are better then everyone else. That does not represent all cub fans.

turnaround3
07-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Okay, I'll rephrase my statement because I think it was out of line. I know a lot of cub fans who are good baseball fans and good people. I was just a little upset at the previous poster's ignorant comment. He is one of many cub fans who do go to opposing stadiums and act like they are better then everyone else. That does not represent all cub fans.

I'm the only Cub fan to have posted in this thread, so not real sure who you're referring to...

MetsFan28
08-01-2008, 12:08 AM
He said opposing stadiums. Lol

GrinderBall41
08-01-2008, 10:41 AM

This is kind of thread reincarnation but... Chisox/KC is nothing like NY/Bos. Especially since its a former KC player. You only saw it as "classless" because you are a Cubs fan. No one else cared.

MetsFan28
08-01-2008, 04:54 PM
I think it's classless.