PDA

View Full Version : kiszla article on nuggets

avsman05
07-10-2008, 03:22 AM
This article pretty much states how the nuggets wont do **** without making a big trade this offseason. Pretty much what we have been saying as well but its well written. What do you guys think?

On another note Mario Chalmers of the Miami Heat has been shutting down other PG's in the Summer League way to go FO and miss out on this beast. From what I have heard he has been the best player so far and Riley signed him to a 4 year deal.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_9833395

Crunchy12489
07-10-2008, 04:12 AM
Yeah you can view my thoughts when you click that article.

I'm L M.

I won't give up on this team, but damn will my hopes be down coming into next season.

It's like going to war in a wheel chair if we keep the squad we have!

DenButsu
07-10-2008, 04:19 AM
With a jaw-dropping, wallet-busting commitment of $72.5 million to its top six players for the upcoming season, Denver currently has zero chance of winning the league championship.

The strongest reason to believe the Nuggets will make a major trade before their next game? Because doing nothing is not a viable option. ...

Excuse me? The team David Thompson and Dan Issel brought into the NBA during the mid-1970s was more exciting and successful than anything produced by Carmelo Anthony and Iverson. From 1984-86, Doug Moe won three playoff series and booked a trip to the Western Conference finals, far outstripping the performance of current coach George Karl.

While Philadelphia was adding all-star Elton Brand on Wednesday, the Nuggets were reaching an agreement with journeyman Anthony Carter, dropping another notch in the league pecking order before sundown. ...

If Karl trots out a starting lineup of Melo, A.I., Camby, K-Mart and a point guard plucked from the NBA's bargain bin, the applause from the audience would be mixed with groans of here we go again.

Agreed on all counts.

Broncs4Life
07-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Agreed on all counts.

2nd that :sigh:
Things may happen between now & opening of the season, but I really doubt it. I think they believe they have a team that can win, not to mention they have serious financial restraints because of the max type contracts they have on the roster. We waste time & effort talking about what they might do, should do, but in the end, it seems as though we are beating a dead horse. :horse: