PDA

View Full Version : If the Clippers sign Josh Smith, would they a playoff team?

dodgerzfan44
07-10-2008, 03:03 AM
I think they would be. They would also be one of the most fun teams to watch with smith, thornton, and gordon dunking; baron davis running the uptempo pace and kaman on the block.

pg:baron davis; livingston
sg:mobley; gordon
sf:thornton;thomas
pf:Josh Smith; BIG SOFO(if he comes to the states)sofo in action vs. USA:http://youtube.com/watch?v=dOs3lJina_w&feature=related
c:Chris Kaman; Josh Powell
others... maybe Quinton Ross

What do u think?

I forgot to add a poll.

Lakersfan2483
07-10-2008, 03:19 AM
It's tough to say if they would be good enough out west because the west has so many talented teams like: Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Rockets, Utah, Portland, Phoenix, Dallas, G. State, Denver, etc.. I believe their are so many teams that are more talented than the Clippers that I would be difficult for them to make it.

b530
07-10-2008, 03:25 AM
I know it would be a guarantee winning season, and a possible 50 game season but the way the West looked last year, even 50 games will barely get you the 8th seed

Chronz
07-10-2008, 03:51 AM
No but it would be a nice way to rebuild, if we can somehow move either Tim or Cuttino I like the Clippers future after this season. I have full confidence that Sterling is trying to turn the culture of the franchise around, he just needs to have patience and not make rash moves like signing Tim Thomas or other over the hill players.

Crunchy12489
07-10-2008, 04:23 AM
In response to the question:

No!

solelimited
07-10-2008, 04:27 AM
noppeee. they shouldn't sign anyone and keep trying to pool in good players through the draft.

lavis
07-10-2008, 05:23 AM
So many west teams are projected to be playoff teams.. Let me tell you, there will be a couple of epic fails. 11 teams cant win 50+. Some teams will just fail and make moves for next season while dropping further away from playoffs.

I believe in the Clippers though if they sign Josh.

Jay22Redd
07-10-2008, 05:29 AM
maybe battle for the 8th seed

innovator
07-10-2008, 05:41 AM
nope... who will fall out of the west top 8 from last season? maybe denver but the blazers and warriors are 1st on the waiting list and the clippers are just behind them

bayareafan650
07-10-2008, 06:07 AM
Haha. No

SeoulBeatz
07-10-2008, 06:36 AM
not next year... but if Gordon developes well and Thorton takes another step forward, i can see them competing in two to three years. cus success takes time in the NBA, besides the celtics

daleja424
07-10-2008, 07:58 AM
nope....but it would be fun

Joshtd1
07-10-2008, 08:35 AM
I dont think so. I don't see the need of getting Smith, when they already have a young up and coming player in Thorton who is a SF like Smith. Unless they were to trade Thorton in some kind of deal for a good PF.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Theres to many teams that got better in the West that will be fighting for a playoff spot that didn't make it last year (Warriors/Timberwolves/Trailblazers)

Clippers will be in the mix with all of that, so I wouldn't count them out just yet.

I think the x factor in all of this is Sean Livingston though.

He he comes back and stays healthy, I say they make the postseason.

If he comes back and gets injured, or he gets traded, I say they still have a chance, but unlikely that they make it

Faneik
07-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Theres to many teams that got better in the West that will be fighting for a playoff spot that didn't make it last year (Warriors/Timberwolves/Trailblazers)

Clippers will be in the mix with all of that, so I wouldn't count them out just yet.

I think the x factor in all of this is Sean Livingston though.

He he comes back and stays healthy, I say they make the postseason.

If he comes back and gets injured, or he gets traded, I say they still have a chance, but unlikely that they make it

Please explain us how did exactly the Warriors got better...

theimortalone
07-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Nope. They lost a very talented player in Maggette.

TMAC94
07-10-2008, 09:00 AM
unlikely

Ph1lly Diehard
07-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Please explain us how did exactly the Warriors got better...

I didn't mean it like that for the Warriors.. :S

I ment teams that didn't make the playoffs last year that will contend.

It goes for the other 2 teams, but not the Warriors.

Sorry, i'm tired. 9:00 in the morning here

vblewis
07-10-2008, 09:28 AM
I think they would be. They would also be one of the most fun teams to watch with smith, thornton, and gordon dunking; baron davis running the uptempo pace and kaman on the block.

pg:baron davis; livingston
sg:mobley; gordon
sf:thornton;thomas
pf:Josh Smith; BIG SOFO(if he comes to the states)sofo in action vs. USA:http://youtube.com/watch?v=dOs3lJina_w&feature=related
c:Chris Kaman; Josh Powell
others... maybe Quinton Ross

What do u think?

I forgot to add a poll.

I seriously doubt it.

mikedesi1004
07-10-2008, 09:36 AM
nah...the west is too good

DrDEADalready
07-10-2008, 09:39 AM
oh for sure they can.......when pigs fly. hahahahahaha. Nah man im just playing

JordansBulls
07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Who will they overtake?

I'm not sure they would be better than Portland.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-10-2008, 10:04 AM
If they got him Clippers would become a contender maybe not a playoff team but a team fighting for the 8th spot. Clippers would definitly be in a better situation then they are now.

_Sn1P3r_
07-10-2008, 06:01 PM
To answer the question, I think they would just be in the running for the 8th spot but fall short.

sanfranfan1210
07-10-2008, 07:13 PM
No

cmellofan15
07-10-2008, 07:16 PM
nope they dont have a bench or a REAL big man who can put up numbers against amare/duncan/camby/yao etc

dodgerzfan44
07-10-2008, 07:21 PM
nope they dont have a bench or a REAL big man who can put up numbers against amare/duncan/camby/yao etcChris Kaman>Best Nuggets Big Man

cmellofan15
07-10-2008, 07:24 PM
i dont see kaman winning defensive player of the year or even playing a whole season

camby>>kaman

mayb he shuld go 2 germany and play better

SeoulBeatz
07-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Chris Kaman>Best Nuggets Big Man

yeah i agree chris kaman is extremely underrated and better overall than the aging camby now.

he can compete with the bigs in the west.

throw in Davis, Gordon/Mobley, Thorton, J Smoove, u have a pretty good team.

it seems like the NBA couldbe more balanced now than its ever been in years

jgonboricua
07-10-2008, 07:46 PM
how many years have the clippers been rebuilding?
they should do something now...

cmoneytakemoney
07-10-2008, 08:05 PM
nope... who will fall out of the west top 8 from last season? maybe denver but the blazers and warriors are 1st on the waiting list and the clippers are just behind them

The Warriors aren't ahead of the Clippers now that they lost Baron Davis. You think if they didn't make the playoffs last year wit Baron Davis that they can make the playoffs this year because they signed Corey Maggette? Give me a break. The Clippers have a better team than Portland, Golden State, and Denver now that Davis is their premier player. Plus that got that rookie from Indiana who is gonna be good and Al Thornton and Chris Kaman ain't no slouches either. I think that team alone can make the playoffs and the question was if they sign Josh Smith can they make the playoffs? If they get Smith they could be a top 5 seed.

dodgerzfan44
07-10-2008, 08:14 PM
The Warriors aren't ahead of the Clippers now that they lost Baron Davis. You think if they didn't make the playoffs last year wit Baron Davis that they can make the playoffs this year because they signed Corey Maggette? Give me a break. The Clippers have a better team than Portland, Golden State, and Denver now that Davis is their premier player. Plus that got that rookie from Indiana who is gonna be good and Al Thornton and Chris Kaman ain't no slouches either. I think that team alone can make the playoffs and the question was if they sign Josh Smith can they make the playoffs? If they get Smith they could be a top 5 seed.exactly.

Also, I think people are forgetting or sleeping on BIG SOFO (he is 400 pounds!) watch this video:http://youtube.com/watch?v=dOs3lJina_w