PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Tim Duncan

kylem4711
07-10-2008, 02:07 AM
After the aftermath of what just went down with the clippers and brand, I just want to say thank you to tim duncan for being the last "stand up" guy in the league that has some sort of loyalty, pride, and care for the organization that has stuck to him throughout his career.

Its too bad every team cant have a franchise player like tim duncan on their team. so to the spurs fans congrats, and to tim duncan, thanks for being the last loyal, trustworthy and genuine player in the nba.

phils07
07-10-2008, 02:16 AM
elton brands virtues havent changed just because his team has. there are only a handful of players that stay on the same team for their whole careers. its not like tim duncan is playing for free. in fact hes just making a lot more than brand because hes probably the best PF of all time. too bad he and the spurs are donezo and the reign of the Lakers/Hornets/Blazers/Magic/Sixers/Celtics (as in all the teams that are/will be just better than the spurs) can commence.

ur definition of loyalty is quite suspect.

b530
As much as I am disappointed in how Brand handled his situation, I think it had a lot more to do with his agent Falk.

TheBatchelor213
After the aftermath of what just went down with the clippers and brand, I just want to say thank you to tim duncan for being the last "stand up" guy in the league that has some sort of loyalty, pride, and care for the organization that has stuck to him throughout his career.

Its too bad every team cant have a franchise player like tim duncan on their team. so to the spurs fans congrats, and to tim duncan, thanks for being the last loyal, trustworthy and genuine player in the nba.

And the guy wins championships, something Elton will never do.

denversgm
07-10-2008, 02:17 AM

i dont think he is the last stand up man i think KG is one as well

Afridi786
07-10-2008, 02:19 AM
i dont think he is the last stand up man i think KG is one as well

lmao...good one.

*Superman*
07-10-2008, 02:25 AM
Shouldn't this be coming from a Spur fan?.... Whatever.

LakerFan4L1fe24
07-10-2008, 02:28 AM
Sounds like a Clipper fan is getting a little mad :laugh:

Nets fan 93
07-10-2008, 02:31 AM
What about Dirk?

ink
07-10-2008, 02:34 AM
I agree totally that Duncan is a stand up guy. He's my favourite player in the L. But there are others like him: Bosh, Nash, Calderon, Battier, Pierce to name a few.

ee
07-10-2008, 02:35 AM
The Clippers sucks man, the organization is just straight up messed up throughout the years.....The franchise has one good season, a 2nd round exit, they took the Suns to 7th games, big deal!!! Brand spent 7 years in that losing organization, it's time to move on.....When your only high is a 7 game series against the Suns while being in a big market city for who knows how long, there's gotta be something wrong.....I don't blame Elton one bit....

He's in totally different situation from Duncan who's blessed to be in one of the most stand out franchise in years.....

kylem4711
07-10-2008, 02:36 AM

im not only mad, i am bitter as hell.

i just gained a lot more respect for tim duncan after what brand did.

he said he would take less money, and he did. no ands ifs or buts.

kylem4711
07-10-2008, 02:38 AM
The Clippers sucks man, the organization is just straight up messed up throughout the years.....The franchise has one good season, a 2nd round exit, they took the Suns to 7th games, big deal!!! Brand spent 7 years in that losing organization, it's time to move on.....When your only high is a 7 game series against the Suns while being in a big market city for who knows how long, there's gotta be something wrong.....I don't blame Elton one bit....

He's in totally different situation from Duncan who's blessed to be in one of the most stand out franchise in years.....

um, all this coming from a nets fan?

arlubas
07-10-2008, 02:42 AM
^ Well to be honest, Duncan did use the Magic organisation a few years back to get the Spurs to pay him more money so it's not like he is a saint exactly. Still, he's one of the most loyal guys around even though I don't think one should be any more loyal than his team is to him. I mean, sure I respected KG's decision to stick with Minni for all these years but the way they treated him, he should've bolted long ago.

kylem4711
07-10-2008, 02:44 AM
I agree totally that Duncan is a stand up guy. He's my favourite player in the L. But there are others like him: Bosh, Nash, Calderon, Battier, Pierce to name a few.

i totally agree with pierce, i am glad for him that he won a championship. he stuck through some rough times.

b530
07-10-2008, 02:47 AM

Sounds like another classless Laker fan :clap:

*Superman*
07-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Hey i feel for the Clipper fans. What Elton did was FCKed up! Don't worry though, you have a hell of Cap Space and can go out and get young talent. Maybe pull the chair from Elton's *** and get Iggy.

Chronz
07-10-2008, 02:53 AM
Im sure Brand wouldve been more into staying with the Clippers if we were more competitive but at the same time he straight played us.

spurhead
07-10-2008, 02:55 AM
yep hes a great guy he took less money on his extension to help the team have cap space. not alot of players do that

ee
07-10-2008, 02:57 AM

yea, and I don't blame Jkidd one bit for wanting to leave. At least I accept the fact and truly would understand if great players that are wasting away their talent and age on a losing organization for wanting out.....get over it man.....

kylem4711
07-10-2008, 03:36 AM
yea, and I don't blame Jkidd one bit for wanting to leave. At least I accept the fact and truly would understand if great players that are wasting away their talent and age on a losing organization for wanting out.....get over it man.....

if elton would have went out like j kidd i would have been fine. fact is he lied and said h would take less money if they signed someone good, they did, he left. he said he wanted to be a clip for like and that he wasn't a quiter.

all he had to do was say he wanted to explore his options.

if you dont know what your talking about then just dont say anything.

besides. this thread is to thank tim. he is a class act and like someone already said, probably the best power forward ever

SeoulBeatz
07-10-2008, 03:43 AM
another bitter clipper fan... what else is new? baron did worse to his old team and u still love him. u see how rediculous that is?

but whatever, ull be over the brand fiasco in a couple months no doubt. Boozer did the same ****, but no one brought that up until this.

Chronz
07-10-2008, 03:49 AM
another bitter clipper fan... what else is new? baron did worse to his old team and u still love him. u see how rediculous that is?

but whatever, ull be over the brand fiasco in a couple months no doubt. Boozer did the same ****, but no one brought that up until this.
What Baron did was nowhere near as bad

kylem4711
07-10-2008, 03:54 AM

baron didn't make a promise to opt out and resign for less money so the team could sign the player that elton wanted. baron didnt verbally agree. you are the ridiculous one

people bring the boozer thing up all the time... what are you talking about.

ARMIN12NBA
07-10-2008, 04:07 AM
Lol at Tim Duncan being so loyal to his team. You obviously haven't watched much NBA or followed it for very long. Tim Duncan was going to sign with the Magic and basically used the Magic to get the Spurs to get in a bidding war with them so he can get more money. In the end, after he used the Magic to get the Spurs to up their offer, he signed with the Spurs and left Grant Hill rotting in Orlando. What a standup guy, right? :confused:

Musiq
07-10-2008, 04:16 AM
^ Well to be honest, Duncan did use the Magic organisation a few years back to get the Spurs to pay him more money so it's not like he is a saint exactly. Still, he's one of the most loyal guys around even though I don't think one should be any more loyal than his team is to him. I mean, sure I respected KG's decision to stick with Minni for all these years but the way they treated him, he should've bolted long ago.

i think that sums it up very nicely...imo there was larger sense of loyalty back in the old days...

bostncelts34
07-10-2008, 08:01 AM
duncan is definitly loyal..but theres definitly other loyal players.

Pierce and KG are among them just to start..

Joshtd1
07-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Lol at Tim Duncan being so loyal to his team. You obviously haven't watched much NBA or followed it for very long. Tim Duncan was going to sign with the Magic and basically used the Magic to get the Spurs to get in a bidding war with them so he can get more money. In the end, after he used the Magic to get the Spurs to up their offer, he signed with the Spurs and left Grant Hill rotting in Orlando. What a standup guy, right? :confused:

He was going to sign with Orlando. If it wasnt for David Robinson being able to convince him to stay here, he would have left.

Mallpha
07-10-2008, 08:46 AM
I can understand disapointment of Clippers fans but Brand was free agent after all if he felt like he can be happier in Philly why should he sacrafice him self and stay in L.A just to make fans happy.

You dont know how if his wife/family didnt made him sign with Philly people always tend look at it like its only player organisation relathionship while a lots of times its more complicated.

If any one on Earth thinks players should be more loyal to their clubs than to family or them selfs its a bit weird for me. Right things to do are great in movies but not in real life.

Tom Stone
07-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Yeah there's a few classy allstar players, Tim duncan, KG, Bosh, Nash, Pierce, Tony parker, Jose calderon. Gilbert been pretty loyal and signed for less money than he was offered......With these young players comin to the nba and not mentally mature, being thrown millions of dollars....and money can ruin people...that's why I like the 1 year removed from high school rule...I would like to see a 2 year rule put in..not because there not ready to play, but because of mental maturity.....then you won't have rookies comin in saying quotes like "if they don't put a team around me right away i'm outta here" Labron James

speakerboxx
07-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Sorry Clippers fan, sometimes you win some and you loose some. At the end of the day Iím sure we can all find a flaw in everyoneís character. Iím a Sixer fan and although I donít agree with what Brand did, Iím still excited heís a Sixer. Youíd be too if the situation was reversed.

vblewis
07-10-2008, 09:23 AM

Must agree with some of your statements about Tim Duncan. Others are speculation and conjecture. Do you actually know Kobe?

SwaggaIke
07-10-2008, 09:32 AM
What the hell are any of you talking about? Most of you sound like fools. No player has to be loyal to these damn teams. These teams aren't loyal to them, so what obligation do they have to put the team ahead of their well being? If Tim Duncan fell the **** off next year and averaged 10 points and 5 rebounds, how much loyalty do you think the Spurs would show him? Players fall off and GM's ship their ***** out! What kind of loyalty is that? Its funny, players have to be loyal to a franchise - but franchises don't have to be loyal to players. Get the **** out of here.

midwestmadman
07-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Frankly I don't feel sorry for anyone who gets paid millions of dollars to play a game! I think anyone responding as to why EB went somewhere else or, why did he "betray" the Clippers Organization, look Clipperland is a messed up place, he was loyal for 7 seasons. He said he'd take less money to get a good player though FA and he was a man of his word, Donald Sterling could have offered him more $ than the insult of an offer he sent and according to Falk made a comment about how he hopes he wouldn't accept the offer. Now in all fairness can we trust that two faced snake David Falk, probably not however there are two sides to every story. All I can say right now for sure is that EB has a better chance getting deep into the playoffs here in the east with a solid PG like Miller and a young stud like A.I. (the second). Plus he gets more money than the Clip was offering, I would have done the same thing and so would you! $20M is more money than most anyone posting on these blogs will every see in thier lives, good for EB take care of your family for the rest of your and thier lives you made the right decsion. The only people I feel sorry for are the season ticket holders in LA, they got run over by that Cheap *** owner Donal Sterling yet again, and David Falk too, you can't blame EB for making a better business decison.

midwestmadman
07-10-2008, 09:43 AM
LOL. You do have a point here! Remember when a trade to Boston for KG was in the works just before the trade deadline last year and he (KG) flat out refused to play there and he acted like a total a-hole that he would never play in Boston. It wasn't until they landed Ray Allen on draft night before KG acted like he wanted to be there so bad. He flip flops like John McCain over Iraq, $%@ him and %^@$ the Celtics.

tc2deuce
07-10-2008, 09:54 AM
LOL. You do have a point here! Remember when a trade to Boston for KG was in the works just before the trade deadline last year and he (KG) flat out refused to play there and he acted like a total a-hole that he would never play in Boston. It wasn't until they landed Ray Allen on draft night before KG acted like he wanted to be there so bad. He flip flops like John McCain over Iraq, $%@ him and %^@$ the Celtics.

WHO WOULD WANT TO PLAY IN MINN? THAT FRNCHISE KILLED ITSELF!

Knowledge
07-10-2008, 10:04 AM
He was going to sign with Orlando. If it wasnt for David Robinson being able to convince him to stay here, he would have left.

^From a spur's fan.

Faneik
07-10-2008, 10:13 AM

$%@ you to!

Nets fan 93
07-10-2008, 10:33 AM
We havent done as bad as your clips bro. The same thing happened with us and we all got over it. Kidd was traded because he asked for a trade. We Nets fans UNDERSTAND we werent going anywhere soon... I am actually happy we got Devin Harris who this season will be better than Kidd. We had some good times with Kidd as you had w/ EB. Except we went to the finals twice and one year with the 4th youngest team in the L. So get over the fact that your team is more garbage than us and be happy that someone that did a lot for your franchise will hopefully do better in another system..

mamba24
07-10-2008, 10:52 AM
elton brands virtues havent changed just because his team has. there are only a handful of players that stay on the same team for their whole careers. its not like tim duncan is playing for free. in fact hes just making a lot more than brand because hes probably the best PF of all time. too bad he and the spurs are donezo and the reign of the Lakers/Hornets/Blazers/Magic/Sixers/Celtics (as in all the teams that are/will be just better than the spurs) can commence.

ur definition of loyalty is quite suspect.

uhhhhhh take the blazers magic and sixers outta that and add utah and cleveland and i'll agree with you. elton brand isnt gonna makethe sixers better tan the spurs... blazerz are still too young... magic arent gonna get another year like that from turkoglu and jameer nelson stinks...

arlubas
07-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Somehow players of the likes of David Robinson, Avery Johnson, Sean Elliot, Manu Ginobilli and Tony Parker don't exactly strike me as nobodies. Get off your high horse dude, no one and I mean NO ONE in this league has ever won a chip on his own. The closest it got was AI with Philly back in 2001 and they too fell short. You think if Duncan was stranded on a franchise like the T-Wolves of the past he would've gotten his 3 rings? GTFO of here...

arlubas
07-10-2008, 11:10 AM

Why would he want to get traded from Minni to go to another losing franchise out of all the teams? He might as well have stayed and became a Minni legend if he was gonna lose for the rest of his career. Then when he realised he had a real chance at getting the ring he went on with it. Ain't nothing wrong with that, the guy flat out wanted his chance at a chip and going to the Celtics of the previous season wasn't that ideal of a situation. When it became one he decided to leave. Pretty simple actually.

SwaggaIke
07-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Somehow players of the likes of David Robinson, Avery Johnson, Sean Elliot, Manu Ginobilli and Tony Parker don't exactly strike me as nobodies. Get off your high horse dude, no one and I mean NO ONE in this league has ever won a chip on his own. The closest it got was AI with Philly back in 2001 and they too fell short. You think if Duncan was stranded on a franchise like the T-Wolves of the past he would've gotten his 3 rings? GTFO of here...

Don't argue the great Spurs fans bro. All the Spurs homers are convinced Tim Duncan won 61 games and an NBA Championship on his own in 2003.

arlubas
07-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Sorry Clippers fan, sometimes you win some and you loose some. At the end of the day I’m sure we can all find a flaw in everyone’s character. I’m a Sixer fan and although I don’t agree with what Brand did, I’m still excited he’s a Sixer. You’d be too if the situation was reversed.

Dude, I don't understand why all Sixers fans get all defensive over this whole Brand thing. I don't think anyone blames you guys for snatching him away. You had a golden opportunity to get yourselves a legit all-star and 20/10 guy. You did just that and all props go to your front office for that.

However NBA, and more importantly Clippers, fans such as myself can judge if Brand's behavior over this whole issue was appropriate or not. If he handled it the wrong way has nothing to do with the Sixers. I have nothing bad to say about them, they just saw an opening on getting him and tested their luck. Nothing wrong with that at all.

fast_break
07-10-2008, 11:18 AM
loyal? yeah right

is all about the $$$

BriereIsDaBest
07-10-2008, 11:46 AM
if elton would have went out like j kidd i would have been fine. fact is he lied and said h would take less money if they signed someone good, they did, he left. he said he wanted to be a clip for like and that he wasn't a quiter.

besides. this thread is to thank tim. he is a class act and like someone already said, probably the best power forward ever

The fact is that the Clippers organization disrespected him, and they gave him an ultimatum! The Clippers owner acted classless when he said he didn't want to come to Elton's meating with the Clippers, so he looked elsewhere. You don't treat your franchise player like that. Just because he left his team, and had to sit through 7 years of hell as an LA Clipper in the worst organization in the NBA now, it doesn't make hime a bad guy. You know what, maybe he did make a mistake, but does that make him a bad guy? I'm sure that you've made a mistake in your life, I know I've made a mistake, does that make us bad guys? :confused:
Look, Elton won the "Sportsmanship Award" in the NBA two times in his career. He is also a great guy, as he goes out to the streets and works with kids. He does all of the charity work that he is asked to do and more.
Also, another reason he wanted to leave, because he is coming back very close to home, and his whole family lives here, and his wife is due to have their first baby soon. He didn't want to be across the country from the rest of his family, he wanted to do the best thing for his child, and that is all that a parent is asked to do. So stop *****ing and saying how bad of a guy he is now, because I don't think that you notice how bad of a guy you are acting like now. :pity:

arlubas
07-10-2008, 12:00 PM
The fact is that the Clippers organization disrespected him, and they gave him an ultimatum! The Clippers owner acted classless when he said he didn't want to come to Elton's meating with the Clippers, so he looked elsewhere. You don't treat your franchise player like that. Just because he left his team, and had to sit through 7 years of hell as an LA Clipper in the worst organization in the NBA now, it doesn't make hime a bad guy. You know what, maybe he did make a mistake, but does that make him a bad guy? I'm sure that you've made a mistake in your life, I know I've made a mistake, does that make us bad guys? :confused:
Look, Elton won the "Sportsmanship Award" in the NBA two times in his career. He is also a great guy, as he goes out to the streets and works with kids. He does all of the charity work that he is asked to do and more.
Also, another reason he wanted to leave, because he is coming back very close to home, and his whole family lives here, and his wife is due to have their first baby soon. He didn't want to be across the country from the rest of his family, he wanted to do the best thing for his child, and that is all that a parent is asked to do. So stop *****ing and saying how bad of a guy he is now, because I don't think that you notice how bad of a guy you are acting like now. :pity:

OK first of all the whole disrespect and ultimatum issue is based on Elton's side of the story which, like every side of the story on every scenario out there, we don't know if it's true. He could be very well telling things like it suits him and from the shape things took, it seems more and more that he was the one who had scrapped the Clippers from his possible destinations.

As for your second argument, let me say it for the 20th or so time by now: All he had to do was say he was keeping his options open and would explore other teams. Instead he not only say to us he would come back but made us go out and get a player like Diddy and his contract on when he wasn't even thinking of coming back. How is that acting like a class act, you tell me!

Point is he should've been clear with us all along and not get the Clipps organisation to start making moves with his comeback in mind and considered a certainty. That's as unprofessional as you can get if you ask me.

ee
07-10-2008, 12:34 PM

Like I said, there's really nothing to like about the Clipps, the team is like cursed or something, it's like there's a ghost in the arena when you guys play then leaves when the Lakers comes in, an athlete would definitely feel iffy to sign with you guys coz really there's not much success in your team to look forward to.....The guy has nothing to like about the team.....

You can talk about the Nets all you want but RJ left here with 78 playoff games, 2 Eastern Conference Championship and 4 Division Winners while Brand leaves after 7 years with a 2nd round appearance with 12 playoff games total....Only time we miss the playoffs is when we try to rebuild while you guys miss it even when you're trying to compete, really different scenery.....

And it doesn't take for someone to say it to know that TD is the best PF in the game.....

kylem4711
07-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Dude, I don't understand why all Sixers fans get all defensive over this whole Brand thing. I don't think anyone blames you guys for snatching him away. You had a golden opportunity to get yourselves a legit all-star and 20/10 guy. You did just that and all props go to your front office for that.

However NBA, and more importantly Clippers, fans such as myself can judge if Brand's behavior over this whole issue was appropriate or not. If he handled it the wrong way has nothing to do with the Sixers. I have nothing bad to say about them, they just saw an opening on getting him and tested their luck. Nothing wrong with that at all.

nicely said

kylem4711
07-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Truth was inconvenient for Elton Brand
If he wanted to leave Clippers, why didn't he just say so?
July 10 2008

Watching him cuddle up to his new friends in Philadelphia on Wednesday, the sad confusion streaming out of his mouth in short, awkward bursts, you just wanted Elton Brand to tell the truth.

The truth is, he just didn't want to be a Clipper.

The organization folks thought he liked them. He barely tolerated them.

The Clipper Nation thought he loved them. He barely noticed them.

Coach Mike Dunleavy thought Brand enjoyed playing for him. Wrong again.

Even the Hollywood hotshots thought he had become one of them. That was his best acting job yet.

The truth is, Brand probably wanted to leave from the moment the Clippers matched the Miami Heat's offer five years ago, forcing him to stay.

He wanted to play in an offense that better suited him, in an area of the country closer to his New York home, for fans that were more like his collegiate Cameron Crazies.

Heck, he had already sold his Los Angeles house and ended this season living in an apartment.

The question is, why didn't he just say this?

Why didn't he just tell the Clippers he was leaving before they went through the charade of spending millions to buy him a point guard accompaniment?

Why on earth would he tell Dunleavy he would take less money if it enabled them to sign Baron Davis?

Why would he do this to Baron Davis?

"My intention is to stay," Brand said last week.

Why did he lie?

"Right now, [opting out of his contract] it's just trying to solidify my future and work things out with the Clippers," he said.

Why did he lie?

His agent, a faded power broker named David Falk, said Brand opted out because he was just trying to, "afford the team roster flexibility."

Of course, we know why he lied.

Falk hasn't been relevant in the NBA since Michael Jordan had hair, and he is using Brand as a springboard in his attempt to return to power.

But this is not about Falk, this is about Brand, an adult who can make his own decisions.

And if Brand had just told the Clippers the truth, from the beginning, there would be no problem.

Brand gave the Clippers seven good years, he has a right to play wherever he wants.

But did he have a right to throw a match on them on his way out?

Maybe that's just Brand. He has always talked a good game but never quite walked it.

He was a supposed team leader, but the team followed him to only one playoff berth in seven years. He was very visible when they were winning, but very quiet when they were losing.

Maybe by telling the Clippers what he thought they wanted to hear, he was only taking the same Teflon approach that has marked his career.

And there he was Wednesday, telling the Philadelphia media what it wanted to hear.

"We were left with an ultimatum," Brand said of the Clippers.

The Clippers deny it, and common sense confirms it.

The Clippers offered $70 million, then $75 million, then finally, $81 million, about $200,000 a year less than the 76ers' offer. That's an ultimatum?

"We asked for some things . . . it fell through," Brand said of the Clippers.

What more could he have wanted? A company car?

"There was no underground handshake between Baron Davis and myself, that's totally not true," Brand said.

Right. It was handshake between Brand and Dunleavy, the coach quietly brokering the return of a player he trusted.

Brand didn't actually shake Davis' hand, no, but he reportedly filled up his cellphone, calling and texting and recruiting.

Brand told Dunleavy that if Davis came, he would stay.

This arrangement was never shared with Falk, who became angry at yet another bit of mud splattered on his yellowed resume.

Some say Falk was so angry that Brand had negotiated without him, he steered his client to the 76ers just to make the Clippers pay.

"I didn't know it then, I know it now," Falk told The Times' Jonathan Abrams about the Brand-Dunleavy arrangement. "It's probably the reason that the deal fell apart."

How classy. An agent bragging about using his client as a pawn for some sort of childish revenge.

Again, Elton Brand might not be the man we thought he was, but he is certainly man enough to say no to David Falk.

If only he had been man enough to tell the Clippers the truth.

He never liked it here, and couldn't wait to leave, and is now thrilled he is gone.

For seven years, he pretended to be an Angeleno, becoming so familiar here he was simply known as "Elton."

Now that we have seen the real person, we will forever know him by another singular, five-letter name, that of "Boooo."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/clippers/la-sp-plaschke10-2008jul10,0,7624129,full.column

ee
07-10-2008, 02:02 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/clippers/la-sp-plaschke10-2008jul10,0,7624129,full.column

Dude, get over it, he's gone, just stick the thanking Duncan:rolleyes:

midwestmadman
07-10-2008, 03:16 PM
$%@ you to!

Ahhh spoken like a "TRUE" boston bandwagon fan, I bet you just love the Pats too with that sissy QB that I went to school with here at UofM

midwestmadman
07-10-2008, 03:20 PM
WHO WOULD WANT TO PLAY IN MINN? THAT FRNCHISE KILLED ITSELF!

The conversation was about loyalty to your team! You are simply proving my point. KG flip flopped, EB flip flopped where there is a ring or money to be had anyone would go anywhere, if MN suddenly becamse a powerhouse and BOS, and LA where laughing stocks of the NBA much like the Celts were for the last 20 years the FA 'swould be flocking to go and win there or take money to go somewhere where there is a chance.

kylem4711
07-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Dude, get over it, he's gone, just stick the thanking Duncan:rolleyes:

looks like you have run out of dumb comment and have resorted to "dude, get over if"

_Sn1P3r_
07-10-2008, 05:41 PM

I agree. Pierce proved he was a stand-up guy by staying in Boston after a horrid season in 06-07. And because he stayed, it paid off.

SwaggaIke
07-10-2008, 05:47 PM
I agree. Pierce proved he was a stand-up guy by staying in Boston after a horrid season in 06-07. And because he stayed, it paid off.

He didn't have a choice in the matter. He's a stand up guy because Ainge didn't TRADE him? That's like saying Kobe is a stand up guy because Kupchack didn't trade him. I'm not saying Pierce is a bad guy, but that's hardly reasoning enough to call him a "stand up guy".

BriereIsDaBest
07-10-2008, 05:57 PM
OK first of all the whole disrespect and ultimatum issue is based on Elton's side of the story which, like every side of the story on every scenario out there, we don't know if it's true. He could be very well telling things like it suits him and from the shape things took, it seems more and more that he was the one who had scrapped the Clippers from his possible destinations.

As for your second argument, let me say it for the 20th or so time by now: All he had to do was say he was keeping his options open and would explore other teams. Instead he not only say to us he would come back but made us go out and get a player like Diddy and his contract on when he wasn't even thinking of coming back. How is that acting like a class act, you tell me!

Point is he should've been clear with us all along and not get the Clipps organisation to start making moves with his comeback in mind and considered a certainty. That's as unprofessional as you can get if you ask me.

You don't have to go and claim that he is a "bad guy" though!
Clippers fans are acting like snobs right now, and I always preferred Clippers fans over Laker fans. Your just mad, because your team is the second best team in LA, and your star player left your team! Get over it! All of you!

_Sn1P3r_
07-10-2008, 08:07 PM
He didn't have a choice in the matter. He's a stand up guy because Ainge didn't TRADE him? That's like saying Kobe is a stand up guy because Kupchack didn't trade him. I'm not saying Pierce is a bad guy, but that's hardly reasoning enough to call him a "stand up guy".

I'm just saying he could've easily asked for a trade.

kylem4711
07-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Clippers fans are acting like snobs right now, and I always preferred Clippers fans over Laker fans. Your just mad, because your team is the second best team in LA, and your star player left your team! Get over it! All of you!

we are snobs?

look at how much of an idiot you just were in your last comment.

we are mad because our best player and of the most stand up guys in the nba lied and screwed us for no reason

Musiq
07-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Sean Elliot

I believe this guy was traded to the pistons and eventually came back to the spurs. Antonio McDyses kept coming back to the Nuggets as well. A couple examples of guys who were too loyal...

I think the majority of players are loyal but I'm starting to get sick of all these prima donna stars (you know who you are!) demanding trades coz their team sucks or management can't/won't bring in the necessary talent.

I would've sworn he demanded a trade as well....

Regarding the Elton Brand situation. I think Elton just didn't want to give his best years to a franchise and an owner who's reputation of saving money rather than bringing in the suffient talent to win. That as well as the Clippers offering less probably sealed the deal. A verbal agreement means nothing until one signs the dotted line, but if he did lie then he's a Boozer

ee
07-11-2008, 09:35 AM
looks like you have run out of dumb comment and have resorted to "dude, get over if"

that's really all the comment you deserve, really getting annoying you crying about a player that's already gone....Just cry about your current issues, cry about your management and stop blaming Brand....

I've heard FA's say they'll take less money numerous times but I know that it can never be counted as certain until it's signed in black and white, only then you can assume he'll return because once more appealing teams offer a bigger contract[Sixers], I know any player would wish they never said they'll take less money because losing 2 to 3 million more per year is kinda dumb, I can understand if the team have some nice moments to look back to, but there's really none with the Clips.....

arlubas
07-11-2008, 09:42 AM
I believe this guy was traded to the pistons and eventually came back to the spurs. Antonio McDyses kept coming back to the Nuggets as well. A couple examples of guys who were too loyal...

I mentioned Sean Elliott as a great player TD had by his side when he won his first ring, not as a prime example of a big loyalty guy.

king4day
07-11-2008, 10:16 AM
His family is on the East coast and it was a crapload more money.
If he took the Warriors deal, then be upset.
Sucks what he did but it wasn't entirely for the money.

Chronz
07-11-2008, 05:08 PM

Dont even bother with this guy Arlubas

tc_guy
07-11-2008, 05:52 PM
no doubt tim duncan is one of the good guys in the nba....but it's a lot easier when he's never been in a bad situation in san antonio....it doesn't hurt to get payed $20 million a year and be a four time NBA champ either

Kings Faithful
07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Tim Duncan annoys the hell out of me. He is never happy looking and i think he's overrated. Flame me i don't care, its just my personal opinion.

kylem4711
07-11-2008, 06:23 PM
that's really all the comment you deserve, really getting annoying you crying about a player that's already gone....Just cry about your current issues, cry about your management and stop blaming Brand....

I've heard FA's say they'll take less money numerous times but I know that it can never be counted as certain until it's signed in black and white, only then you can assume he'll return because once more appealing teams offer a bigger contract[Sixers], I know any player would wish they never said they'll take less money because losing 2 to 3 million more per year is kinda dumb, I can understand if the team have some nice moments to look back to, but there's really none with the Clips.....

sweet run on

your sentences dont make sense.

im not crying, i was congradulating tim duncan. there really is no defending brand no matter how much you want to believe there is. listen to the interviews, read, and watch tv. then come back.

Storch
07-11-2008, 06:44 PM
What about Dirk?

what about him? No other team in this league wants dirk except the mavs. Thats why he's so loyal. hahaha

Elton Brand made the right decision to get out of the clippers. They did nothing but lose there! At least in the east he would have easier team to compete with for playoffs spots, and he's in the great organization of the 76ers.

:clap: