PDA

View Full Version : Heat eyes point guard market

Sports Illustrator
07-10-2008, 12:41 AM
The Heat is being patient in its search for a starting point guard in case something more attractive materializes than the current lot of unrestricted free agents. The Bulls, for example, want to secure restricted free agents Luol Deng and Ben Gordon before potentially moving Kirk Hinrich. The Heat told Jason Williams' camp that it's pursuing other options but wouldn't completely rule out a return (which is unlikely). Same with backup center Earl Barron.

From Miami Herald (http://www.miamiherald.com/1262/story/597430.html)

HeatBBall
07-10-2008, 08:56 AM
j-will should retire.. i feel bad when i see him play, cuz i remember his ballin days where he could actually blow past by ppl. lol. i wish he was young again.

DQL
07-10-2008, 10:18 PM
If Barron returned I'd :mad::horse::down::crazy::pity::drunk::guns: :bang:

noturnormalhero
07-10-2008, 10:22 PM
jwill is a vet that needs to come off the bench ..meaning he wont fit here right now. telling you..he'd be good with the Magic right about now.

daleja424
07-10-2008, 10:24 PM
there isnt a PG out there right now that will...

a) take the league min

AND

b) be a productive STATER

...we have our PG right now unless some sort of trade happens. Id be open to Marion for Wallace/Okafor or Felton/Okafor...

noturnormalhero
07-10-2008, 10:33 PM

a) take the league min

AND

...we have our PG right now unless some sort of trade happens. Id be open to Marion for Wallace/Okafor or Felton/Okafor...

i like felton and would take him too but u think bobcats would let augustine..a rookie run that team with boykins as the backup? lol. dats the only reason why i question is. now maybe they'd take a vet like jwill to fill up the back up role..it's a better situation for them. i rather have jwill than boykins

daleja424
07-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Augustine/J-Rich/Wallace/Marion/Mohammed

vs.

Felton/Wade/Beasley/Haslem/Okafor

wow...thats looks good for the heat... Banks, Jones, and Wright would rotate in as the first 3 off the bench with Haslem playing some apckup C and Zo taking the rest of those mins...

...it doesnt make the Bobcats better really, but if they think they will lose Okafor anyways they might do it...

noturnormalhero
07-10-2008, 10:46 PM
damn. the Heat would be str8 with that lol. i'd take that. not the most powerful team in the East..i wont lie. i cant wait to see the Bucks. I might have to go see them live when they come down here. Mo,Redd,Jefferson,Alexander,Bogut..damn lol

JackSplack
07-11-2008, 12:53 AM
trading marion for okafor and felton might not make the bobcats a better team right now, but it wont make them worse necesarily and it would give them a HUGE expiring contract next year to clear up cap space...thats gotta be a bit attractive to them, particularly if they think Okafor might be lost in some way anyway.
Is there any way any of you see swinging Haslem and something else for Okafor alone and keeping Marion so we can take advantage of his expiring contract?

Diehardheatfan
07-11-2008, 02:00 AM
trading marion for okafor and felton might not make the bobcats a better team right now, but it wont make them worse necesarily and it would give them a HUGE expiring contract next year to clear up cap space...thats gotta be a bit attractive to them, particularly if they think Okafor might be lost in some way anyway.
Is there any way any of you see swinging Haslem and something else for Okafor alone and keeping Marion so we can take advantage of his expiring contract?

Man I wish!!!! Haslem, blount and banks i wish.lol

daleja424
07-11-2008, 07:31 AM

It would take a lot...ala Haslem, Blount, Banks, Cook, Wright, Chalmers... Id rather just send Marion/Banks and have the blount/haslem 14 mil of cap space open up in 2010.

If we need to sweeten the deal for them we oculd even go... Marion/Blount/Banks/Cook for Mohammed/Okafor/Felton

OR

Marion/Blount/Wright for Okafor/Wallace

greek miami hea
07-11-2008, 09:10 AM
u know something.i prefer chalmers over felton.i like the marion-okafor/wallace trade.now,lets see!pg chalmers,banks(for u daleja i put banks over quinn cause thats what u think)quinn.sg wade,wallace,cook,(morrow??)sf wright,jones,powell pf beasley,udonis,lasme,c okafor,zo,blount

daleja424
07-11-2008, 09:38 AM
u know something.i prefer chalmers over felton.i like the marion-okafor/wallace trade.now,lets see!pg chalmers,banks(for u daleja i put banks over quinn cause thats what u think)quinn.sg wade,wallace,cook,(morrow??)sf wright,jones,powell pf beasley,udonis,lasme,c okafor,zo,blount

Wallace is SF...

Chalmers/Banks
Wade/Jones/Cook
Wallace/Wright
Beasley/Haslem
Okafor/Zo

...this is about as amazing as we could possibly hope for...

but the reason I like felton is b/c we can split time with him and Chalmers tis year and if we see something out of chalmers we can let Felton walk, and if not we can resign him...

BALLER71
07-11-2008, 10:20 AM
We need to bring a smart player who can handle the ball and dish it out.
We don't need someone whose going to shoot alot, we have Beasley, Wade, Marion to score.
At center we need somebody to anchor our defense.

greek miami hea
07-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Wallace is SF...

Chalmers/Banks
Wade/Jones/Cook
Wallace/Wright
Beasley/Haslem
Okafor/Zo

...this is about as amazing as we could possibly hope for...

but the reason I like felton is b/c we can split time with him and Chalmers tis year and if we see something out of chalmers we can let Felton walk, and if not we can resign him...

sorry my mistake about wallaces positon!!!!feton chalmers and banks pg rotation isnt that bad.actually its not bad AT ALL!!!!!!!!i mean that we have seen what can chalmers can do(playing for almost 25 minutes per game).and this lineup would be the second best in the east and 4th or 5th in thenba!!.but i think we could beat boston(and not only boston)because we have build one of the youngest/most talented and quickest teams in the nba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saint7888
07-11-2008, 11:51 AM

a) take the league min

AND

There an UFA by the name of Sean Liveingston. I'm pretty sure he might take a LLE. I mean why not? He's a big (tall) point who can drive and dish. He's a past first shoot 2ed guy and I think that's what use are looking for?? Right

I kno he's been out of basketball for a while but if he can pass a physical then he's worth a shot he's still young to

jdricks
07-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Come on guys. We have a few good options at point guard chalmers quinn banks felton even livingston. Two of them are already under contract and adding another 1 wouldnt be bad. All of the free agent point guards have faults but the real question is which 1 is the least risk.

Chalmers- young, DEFENSE, savvy, cold-blooded, shooter, smart, team player

Quinn- young, shooter, smart, pass 1st pg

Banks- defense, can make shots, smart, fast

Felton- veteran, savvy, smart, scorer, fast, slasher

Livingston- tall, quick, lengthy, fast, defense, pass 1st pg, rebounder, fill the stat sheet

My personal feeling is we go after Livingston with the LLE because if wade is going to average 7 assist the pg should at least be able to fill the stat sheet in every way possible. While he's down here we can help him with his shot like we did with Dorell Wright. IF not, go after Felton and change him into the pass 1st pg who still gets to take at least 10 shots a game but also get the assist. If we are going to be cheap and lazy re-sign Chris Quinn because as we saw at the end of last year. This kid can ball.

daleja424
07-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Telfair is an optionand a trade for felton is an option. Livingston isnt going to be the same IMO...and chalmers is better then the other crap I hear us talking about acquiring...