PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Suns 2008/2009 Roster.

FreedomReigns
07-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Assuming the Suns sign Lue and it's for the veteran minimum, who or what position should they target next. That would be 11 people so the Suns still need one more body.

C- Shaq - Lopez - (Diaw - Amare, just for option purposes.)

PF - Amare - Lopez - Diaw

SF - Hill - Diaw - Tucker

SG - Bell - Barbosa - Strawberry

PG - Nash - Lue - Strawberry (Dragic eventually)

Who from the summer league list could provide depth cheaply assuming Lue eats up a large sum of the mid-level exception?

At least one SG is expendable on the current roster if Lue is signed. I expect Strawberry to make the roster. Would you rather the Suns keep Barbosa or Bell? We pretty much know what to expect from both guys.

At least theres some legit activity going on right now to get our creative juices flowing again.

Willy T Justice
07-10-2008, 12:45 AM
looks good. But to fill in the last roster spot I would try to sign a big. Ratliff maybe comes cheap and is a veteran. He still has something left in the tank. I don't see anyone on the summer league roster making this club.

FreedomReigns
07-10-2008, 12:46 AM
By the way, my opinion is PF as of right now. We have plenty of options at Center if need be. Im sure most of you folks will disagree and that's fine I expect it.

king4day
07-10-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm surprised we're not hearing anything about us going for Marks or Skinner again.
Maybe they really trust Lopez off the bench?

God of War
07-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Assuming the Suns sign Lue and it's for the veteran minimum, who or what position should they target next. That would be 11 people so the Suns still need one more body.

C- Shaq - Lopez - (Diaw - Amare, just for option purposes.)

PF - Amare - Lopez - Diaw

SF - Hill - Diaw - Tucker

SG - Bell - Barbosa - Strawberry

PG - Nash - Lue - Strawberry (Dragic eventually)

Who from the summer league list could provide depth cheaply assuming Lue eats up a large sum of the mid-level exception?

At least one SG is expendable on the current roster if Lue is signed. I expect Strawberry to make the roster. Would you rather the Suns keep Barbosa or Bell? We pretty much know what to expect from both guys.

At least theres some legit activity going on right now to get our creative juices flowing again.

I think Lue is signing a vet's minimum.

Remember, you can send DJ and Tucker to the D.L. while keeping Marks and Skinner to fill the C and PF spots. We can still add 1 more wing defender in street clothes.

As far as activity, this is it. Unless there's a blockbuster trade to get Lebron or someone of his caliber, the Suns are staying with this lineup for now.

Willy T Justice
07-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Don't mind our chances with this team.

PG Nash, Lue -21 pts 13 assists
SG Bell, Barbosa- 27 pts 5 assists 6 reb
SF Hill, Diaw 22 pts, 7 assists 9 reb
PF Amare 25 pts 9 reb
C Shaq 13 pts 9 reb

TOTAL 108 pts 35 assists 33 reb (Doesn't include Lopez,Tucker,DJ,2 other bench players)

what do you guys think?

STAT32
07-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Geez Willy was it necessary to post that same post in every active thread on this board???

Willy T Justice
07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
No one would reply to my post, so yea.

STAT32
07-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Patience, it's ok though. I see your fairly new to the boards, welcome.

JPHX
07-12-2008, 01:15 AM
i hope we can keep skinner. but in case we dont, i dont see a problem with rotating Lopez and Diaw at the 4 and the 5 postitions. i have a tickle in my fanny that Lopez is gonna be a huge back up for us in either spots. especially if we keep skinner. i say go after another wing with, like i said in other threads, similarities to Bell but with more length.