PDA

View Full Version : Maaaaajor Props to Dodger Fans...

Tymathee
07-10-2008, 12:21 AM
For clapping for Andruw Jones, that showed a lot of class and I'm sure he loved your support, keep on with it, he'll come around for us, it's been 20 years, let's not make it 21!

southerndodgerf
07-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Absolutely...very very very cool.

c2thab
07-10-2008, 12:35 AM
That might just be the thing that gets him going!!

Shawh
07-10-2008, 12:42 AM
I thought that was very cool, brought a big smile to my face. He's starting to turn things around, which is great to see. He should still be rehabbing in AAA, so understandably he's a little rusty out there still.

Raetz52
07-10-2008, 02:30 AM
That gave me the chills. I think Andruw will turn things around, not a bad night for him tonight.

LAdiablo
07-10-2008, 02:36 AM
was standing right behind the dugout. it was great. a real moment i hope.
he deserved it, rbi single and the hard slide to take out the dp. its all we ask really. PLAY HARD

Tymathee
07-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Exactly. Los Angeles loves hard nosed players, AC Green, Kupchak, Magic, Kobe etc play hard and we're behind you no matter what u know?

BlueZoo
07-10-2008, 09:39 AM
It was a joy to behold, a welcomed respite from the tedium of hatred and barrage of "fat" jokes endured by us all ad infinitum. Very classy, totally unexpected. The take out slide was IMO, as good as the hit up the middle. That's playin' BB.
In a related (sort of) story, does anyone think that the Braves sending Franceur (sp?) down to AA was a ballsy move ...and that it got him back to what he should be doing for them?
I guess a move like that for a vet like Andruw is out of the question, but a move like that might just wake him up...just wondering.

4everblue
07-10-2008, 09:39 AM
I think he'll have a good second half (or I hope he does). He's starting to swing the bat better and getting his knee stronger.

Dodger Danutzak
07-10-2008, 10:18 AM
My heart stopped when he got an RBI single with an 0-2 count. I mean I thought he was a K waiting to happen. The take out a second was the icing on the cake. Lets see if he could keep the K's down to two a game. Tied for First girls and boys, if we catch fire we could take this division. I still think we need a pick up come the end of July.

USCTROJANS21
07-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Yes that was very cool. I just can't wait till he blasts one out AT HOME..the fans will go INSANE!

dan1to
07-10-2008, 10:31 AM
I could not see the game last night, and just heard the highlights. I was surprised Jones got a hit with an 0-2 count but was even more surprised that he took out the player at 2B to try to break the DP. Anyone know where a clip of that takeout might be?

I am amazed that L.A. fans applauded, but I think if the players were all hard-nosed, even if we were around .500 all season, we would love it. Hard nosed baseball is REAL baseball.

Tymathee
07-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Agreed. I think Torre and Bowa are starting to rub off on these guys, we're going to see more of this...

Just a thought, anyone starting to get the feeling that this is '88 all over again?

Seriously, look at the team at that time, they got hot in the 2nd half and they didn't have the type of line up that should've gotten them there but their pitching was 1st rate just like ours is right now.

If we could keep this up for another 50+ games we can propel this thing all the way...

Seriously though, watching them play lately, it's just...different.

c2thab
07-10-2008, 12:49 PM
With the exception of his first game back (4 k's) Druw has only struck out twice in his last 14 at-bats. Pretty good ratio 1 k per every 7 at-bats. I know its still only a few games in but its progress. Now if he can just get those power numbers up!!

darth550
07-10-2008, 01:08 PM
was standing right behind the dugout. it was great. a real moment i hope.
he deserved it, rbi single and the hard slide to take out the dp. its all we ask really. PLAY HARD

Was that you in the blue hat?

LAdiablo
07-10-2008, 01:24 PM

:D yeah man, that be me! haha that is a great deal getting in for $18 and sitting anywhere you want in the field seats. going friday too but those i will be in my aisle 31s just to the left of the dugout.;)

Tymathee
07-10-2008, 01:26 PM
I already have tickets that I can go to any game but the ticket is for two seats so going by myself kinda sux :(

dodgerphreak
07-10-2008, 02:08 PM
I could not see the game last night, and just heard the highlights. I was surprised Jones got a hit with an 0-2 count but was even more surprised that he took out the player at 2B to try to break the DP. Anyone know where a clip of that takeout might be?

I am amazed that L.A. fans applauded, but I think if the players were all hard-nosed, even if we were around .500 all season, we would love it. Hard nosed baseball is REAL baseball.

You can go here: http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20080709&content_id=3104595&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home&c_id=la , scroll down to the line score, and click the bottom of the seventh. You can watch it in its entirety on there.

Shawh
07-10-2008, 02:48 PM

Can also watch the post game interview with Druw here (http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=64d71cc6-56d1-4b63-b89a-e1265b67c2c0) if you're interested.

snowmanr18
07-10-2008, 03:30 PM
you know hes doing real bad when everyone gets that excited over a little single

BlueMouse
07-10-2008, 04:06 PM
You can go here: http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20080709&content_id=3104595&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home&c_id=la , scroll down to the line score, and click the bottom of the seventh. You can watch it in its entirety on there.

Can also watch the post game interview with Druw here (http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=64d71cc6-56d1-4b63-b89a-e1265b67c2c0) if you're interested.

That's good stuff guys. I missed the game, so it was a good watch. Here's to hoping AJ gets out of his funk :cheers:

DodgerDawg55
07-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm going to need to see more than one rbi single and a takeout slide that wasn't even necessary, being there was no play at first to embrace this guy, but it's a nice start. He's caused me alot of heartache this year...

BlueZoo
07-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Same old dead shyte...if the guy was Russell Martin, he be adored for getting the hit...being he's "fat" Andruw, the hate/whine goes on and on, minimizing it as much as possible.
I wonder how you explain the spontaneous applause from a whole bunch of fans last night?
Douchebags, I guess?

Tapptout
07-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Haha yeah, i agree it's bad if were praising him for a single....keep it up though AJ.

LAdiablo
07-10-2008, 11:35 PM
not sure why you remove him from the lineup the following night though?

darth550
07-11-2008, 12:01 AM
not sure why you remove him from the lineup the following night though?

Doctor's orders, maybe? Rehab game plan?

IBleedBlue15
07-11-2008, 03:57 AM
That might just be the thing that gets him going!!

Friday, July, 11

AB R H RBI BB SO LOB

2 0 0 0 0 1 2

Maybe not. Struck out with two runners on late in the game. Does he have more K's than some players on our team that haven't been on the DL?

Raetz52
07-11-2008, 04:16 AM
Did you actually watch the game? Just wondering because in his first at bat he hit a ball long gone that just barely pulled foul and the next at bat in the bottom 11 he hit a ball to the warning track in opposite field. I think hes coming back...

BlueZoo
07-11-2008, 09:29 AM

I'm sure I saw another guy in a blue hat...almost positive. Maybe not.

Tymathee
07-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Did you actually watch the game? Just wondering because in his first at bat he hit a ball long gone that just barely pulled foul and the next at bat in the bottom 11 he hit a ball to the warning track in opposite field. I think hes coming back...

Yeah he's coming around. Sure he struck out with two guys on but he worked the count to 3-2 fought off the previous pitch and the guy got him on a good change up on the outside corner that Jones was forced to swing at.

Eventually he'll start gettin them out. I can see Jones being our Kirk Gibson this year :D or maybe Normar?