PDA

View Full Version : Ric Bucher "expects Warriors to trade for one of the Grizzlies' Point Guards"

Conor
07-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Just said so on Sportscenter, likely just for a future pick....I'd love to add Kyle Lowry, moreso than Javaris Crittenton. I feel his speed and defensive ability fits very nicely and he still comes with a very cheap pricetag. There's also Mike Conley, but I'd imagine the Grizzlies would want more than a future pick or two. Then again, their GM (Chris Wallace) isn't too bright.

kevin98189
07-09-2008, 11:36 PM
what ever happen to the miller guy?

SFsFINEST
07-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Conley would be amazing to have. I think he's got the skills to be a big time game changer in the NBA. The Grizz would have to want more than a future pick for their last year's first round pick, but I'm all for it. Get him!

kevin98189
07-09-2008, 11:46 PM
if we get conley what would we offer? harrington? and a future first rounder?

tadmanny
07-09-2008, 11:47 PM
I would like Crittenton or Conley. Crittenton has size. Thats what i like about him. Hes 6'5" and almost 200 pounds. The weight is no Baron davis, but he is taller. I like taller point guards. They are hard to guard and have better vision. Crittenton is also very young. I think he would be the one to get, but conley would be a close 2nd. lowry is small at 6 even. We also need a taller point guard because its harder for monta to guard SGs. If Crittenton can guard bigger guys, this would be a great trade for us.

Also, in this deal, I would ask for Hakim Warrick. He would be a solid PF to get and he isnt too expensive either. He's young, can run, and can finish the fast break. He would fit perfectly into our fast system. Al has become expendable with the acquisition of Maggette. He is a good 3-point shooter, but Maggette is better and we need a true PF. Warrick is a little over 6'9" and is LONG. He could battle the trenches. With memphis, Al can go back to his true position as a SF. I think this trade helps both teams.

warrior4life
07-09-2008, 11:50 PM

warrior4life
07-09-2008, 11:55 PM
A little while back there were rumors we'd trade for Lowry. Personally, I'd rather have Crittenton.

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2008/2/12/134436/630

Conor
07-10-2008, 12:06 AM
You mean Mike Miller? He's a shooting guard/small forward, and he got traded to the T-Wolves in the Mayo/Love swap.

I would like Crittenton or Conley. Crittenton has size. Thats what i like about him. Hes 6'5" and almost 200 pounds. The weight is no Baron davis, but he is taller. I like taller point guards. They are hard to guard and have better vision. Crittenton is also very young. I think he would be the one to get, but conley would be a close 2nd. lowry is small at 6 even. We also need a taller point guard because its harder for monta to guard SGs. If Crittenton can guard bigger guys, this would be a great trade for us.

Also, in this deal, I would ask for Hakim Warrick. He would be a solid PF to get and he isnt too expensive either. He's young, can run, and can finish the fast break. He would fit perfectly into our fast system. Al has become expendable with the acquisition of Maggette. He is a good 3-point shooter, but Maggette is better and we need a true PF. Warrick is a little over 6'9" and is LONG. He could battle the trenches. With memphis, Al can go back to his true position as a SF. I think this trade helps both teams.

Crittenton is a combo guard though, not a true PG. His ball handling and passing aren't great. We already have a project at PG in Ellis, we should get someone who already has PG skills in Lowry, or even better although less likely, Conley.

And I doubt Warrick gets included, Memphis is already extremely thin in the frontcourt. As sad as it sounds, Warrick may be their best frontcourt guy on the entire team right now.

Conor
07-10-2008, 12:08 AM
A little while back there were rumors we'd trade for Lowry. Personally, I'd rather have Crittenton.

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2008/2/12/134436/630

Yup, shows our FO likes Lowry, as do I. He's small, but he's tough and quick, two things that fit well with us. He also is pretty advanced skill-wise. Not sure if I'd deal a 1st straight up for him though....

OneOpportunity
07-10-2008, 12:43 AM

he got traded in the Love Mayo swap

kntresistheheat
07-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Dude you dont have a link or nothing and I have been watching espn since 8pm est time and still watching and this has not been reported????

Just said so on Sportscenter, likely just for a future pick....I'd love to add Kyle Lowry, moreso than Javaris Crittenton. I feel his speed and defensive ability fits very nicely and he still comes with a very cheap pricetag. There's also Mike Conley, but I'd imagine the Grizzlies would want more than a future pick or two. Then again, their GM (Chris Wallace) isn't too bright.

Conor
07-10-2008, 12:56 AM
No link, I'll look for one though. It was an interview with Ric Bucher, so it may not be a thing that repeats.

Thatruth32
07-10-2008, 01:07 AM
Dude you dont have a link or nothing and I have been watching espn since 8pm est time and still watching and this has not been reported????

yea i saw it on espn too it was bout 90 min ago.. he said he expects us to get one of there pgs.... either for a pick... or a player he didnt know..

Thatruth32
07-10-2008, 01:10 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index

here if u look on the video on the right with chris sheridan he talks a lil about rumors of marion getting traded to us or clips..... im out for tha nite hopefully wake up with tha matrix lol...

djeller1139
07-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Can someone post some of the numbers on the contracts of the grizzlie's PGs...i'd love to get someone cheap while we also dump Harrington to save us 9mil, which means we could get Okafor or Smith which would make us a very strong team..

Conor
07-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Maybe we can trade them Pervoic+possibly a 2nd for one of their PGs

Lowry: 1,163,520
Critt: 1,381,560
Conley: 3,630,480

djeller1139
07-10-2008, 01:20 AM
all relatively cheap, and they probably have a lot of cap from the Pau Gasol trade, so maybe they would take on a contract like Al Harrington, leaving us the cap spae to sign Okafor or Smith (i am praying for one of these two PFs to join the Warriors)

ejdacanay
07-10-2008, 01:52 AM
I wish we can get our hands on Mayo

djeller1139
07-10-2008, 01:58 AM
I wish we can get our hands on Mayo

no way. My gues is a deal for Mayo would have to include Monta Ellis

brownies23
07-10-2008, 02:28 AM
even with the gasol trade the grizz are 678,446 dollars over the cap.so they would not be able to take on that kind of salary.However if they were able to work a third team in 2 the trade such as the cavs to pull off a trade such as

the grizz receive
kosta perovic
cavs 1st round pick in 09
your 2nd round pickin 09

the cavs receive
al harrington
monte ellis in a sign and trade

you guys receive
javaris crittenton, or kyle lowry
wally szczerbiak
anderson varejao

now this gives you a better defensive big man in varejao, a sharp shooter in wally and a point in either crittenton, or lowry.It also clears cap room for next off season where you could go after someone like a carlos boozer and you only have to give up a second round pick.

So you would be looking at a roster of

Pg:Lowry or Crittenton,C.J Watson
SG:Jackson,Belinelli,Azubuike
SF:Maggette,Szczerbiak
PF:Wright,Randolph
C:Biedrins,Varejao,Hendrix or Barnes at a 4 spot

the trade might hurt the team this year but with maggette,wright,biedrins,randolph,and which ever point you pick and whoever you bring in after the season, your team would be in great shape to contend

let me know what you guys think.

Lincoln Logs
07-10-2008, 02:30 AM
even with the gasol trade the grizz are 678,446 dollars over the cap.so they would not be able to take on that kind of salary.However if they were able to work a third team in 2 the trade such as the cavs to pull off a trade such as

the grizz receive
kosta perovic
cavs 1st round pick in 09
your 2nd round pickin 09

the cavs receive
al harrington
monte ellis in a sign and trade
you guys receive
javaris crittenton, or kyle lowry
wally szczerbiak
anderson varejao

now this gives you a better defensive big man in varejao, a sharp shooter in wally and a point in either crittenton, or lowry.It also clears cap room for next off season where you could go after someone like a carlos boozer and you only have to give up a second round pick.
let me know what you guys think.

Umm no b/c you said we'd also have to give up Monta Ellis. We don't really benefit at all from that. Not happening ever. And actually the grizz are 14.5 million below the cap.

brownies23
07-10-2008, 02:44 AM
ok i agree that losing ellis probably wouldnt happen.but according to espn's website the grizz is still over the cap.i could be wrong though.

Conor
07-10-2008, 02:46 AM
You have no idea of Ellis' value do you? Treating him like a throw in, are you kidding me?

brownies23
07-10-2008, 02:49 AM
no i do.i think ellis is a fantastic player.i guess i was kind of wishfully dreaming that ellis could find a way to cleveland lol.but there were talks about the cavs trying to sign him to an offer sheet.

ejdacanay
07-10-2008, 02:50 AM
no way. My gues is a deal for Mayo would have to include Monta Ellis

I wouldn't mind trading Monta for OJ.

Ellis vs Mayo

Size: Mayo
Speed: Ellis
PG Skillset: Mayo

Shooting: Mayo
3P Shooting: Mayo
Driving Ability: Ellis
Defense: Mayo
Rebounding: Mayo
Slow Tempo Game: Mayo
Fast Tempo Game: Ellis

djeller1139
07-10-2008, 02:53 AM
except Mayo still hasn't played in an NBA game

brownies23
07-10-2008, 02:57 AM
what do you guys think about baron davis calling the warriors front office about possibly resigning since he doesnt seem happy with the clippers now that brand signed with the sixers.

ejdacanay
07-10-2008, 02:59 AM
except Mayo still hasn't played in an NBA game

raw skillset. OJ > Ellis. If you ask that to most basketball fans they would agree.

Tmac416
07-10-2008, 03:06 AM
dude thers ton of people out there dont event hink he will be a perinal all star. monta is better

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-10-2008, 03:19 AM
MONTA is the star and future of this franchise..there's a short list of players i'd trade him for including lebron, paul, howard, kobe (kinda getting up in age & i hate him)...otherwise he's untouchable..Go warriors..give me one of those 3 pg's from the grizz for harrington..cut perovic, watson...if grizz deal goes down drain bring in telfair or livingston at back-up point

ejdacanay
07-10-2008, 03:46 AM
i beg to differ.

MONTA is the star and future of this franchise..there's a short list of players i'd trade him for including lebron, paul, howard, kobe (kinda getting up in age & i hate him)...otherwise he's untouchable..Go warriors..give me one of those 3 pg's from the grizz for harrington..cut perovic, watson...if grizz deal goes down drain bring in telfair or livingston at back-up point

star, yes. future, yes. superstar, no. no way is monta up there with those guys you listed. monta wasn't even ranked in the top 3 in the RFA field this year.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-10-2008, 04:09 AM
point is he's already great and only 22..so

real question is future superstar? Probably.

PolloLoco
07-10-2008, 09:45 AM
ejdacanay's posts on this thread have made me post for the first time after being a longtime lurker. :-) I don't know if that's a good thing.

Anyway - there's no way I'd like to see us trade Ellis for Mayo. Saying that Mayo has more raw skills than Ellis is not such a valid point. Remember, Ellis was drafted in the second round. How many players were deemed to have more raw talent in that draft? 30+?

Monta's proved himself as a star who can at least score 20+ points at the age of 22. There's no way I'd want to give that up for a draft pick at a similar position - who has yet to play an NBA game.

likemystylez
07-10-2008, 10:27 AM
ejdacanay's posts on this thread have made me post for the first time after being a longtime lurker. :-) I don't know if that's a good thing.

Anyway - there's no way I'd like to see us trade Ellis for Mayo. Saying that Mayo has more raw skills than Ellis is not such a valid point. Remember, Ellis was drafted in the second round. How many players were deemed to have more raw talent in that draft? 30+?

Monta's proved himself as a star who can at least score 20+ points at the age of 22. There's no way I'd want to give that up for a draft pick at a similar position - who has yet to play an NBA game.

I might have considered that trade in the summer of 2005.

mavwar53
07-10-2008, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't mind trading Monta for OJ.

Ellis vs Mayo

Size: Mayo
Speed: Ellis
PG Skillset: Mayo

Shooting: Mayo
3P Shooting: Mayo
Driving Ability: Ellis
Defense: Mayo
Rebounding: Mayo
Slow Tempo Game: Mayo
Fast Tempo Game: Ellis

Monta is better at shooting and rebounding, and has averaged 1.5 steals or more the last 2 years, he may not be a great on the ball defender but how can you say mayo is, same with the PG skillset, monta has never had to run point for us so how can you say mayo is better, don't just make stuff up in your own head and put garbage on the board. One last thing say mayo is better in the slow tempo which I don't believe is true, why the hell would we care we play uptempo basketball.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-10-2008, 11:32 AM
I'd rather have one of these young guards from memphis than Marbury who is rumored to possibly join us through trade or release...

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-10-2008, 11:36 AM
why would you trade monta for mayo??? Mayo has not even played a game yet and he hasnt shown anything..

Monta has already shown he could be a potential superstar for years to come. Automatic mid range jumper and can drive by anyone and make acrobatic lay ups.

Who cares if he wasnt ranked at the top of the restricted free agents available. Thats other peoples opinion, idiots I say....

ejdacanay
07-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Monta is better at shooting and rebounding, and has averaged 1.5 steals or more the last 2 years, he may not be a great on the ball defender but how can you say mayo is, same with the PG skillset, monta has never had to run point for us so how can you say mayo is better, don't just make stuff up in your own head and put garbage on the board. One last thing say mayo is better in the slow tempo which I don't believe is true, why the hell would we care we play uptempo basketball.

-Monta better at rebounding? Thats laughable.
-Shooting? Monta does not have a solid jumpshot or range that Mayo possesses.
-And to think that Defense is a sign of good D is ridiculous to me.
-PG Skillset is too easy to counter as when he declared for the draft, only a few media outlets and scouts projected him to be a PG, I can google some scouting reports again, but too lazy. Mayo, at USC, fluctuated between PG and SG duties throughout his stay there. Monta has not played a single minute as a Passing PG.
-Ellis is clearly a System player, his halfcourt game sucks ***. Nelson will likely leave next year. That will probably signal the end of High Tempo ball for the Warriors, which IMO is a good thing.

I love Ellis like all Warrior fans, I do believe he's great in THIS system, but I don't overrate him like most of Warrior fans do. He is a system player so his stats are inflated, he would not be as good as he is if he wasn't drafted by us or Phoenix.

Who cares if he wasnt ranked at the top of the restricted free agents available. Thats other peoples opinion, idiots I say....

Yea non-Warrior followers.

Tmac416
07-10-2008, 03:21 PM
-PG Skillset is too easy to counter as when he declared for the draft, only a few media outlets and scouts projected him to be a PG, I can google some scouting reports again, but too lazy. Mayo, at USC, fluctuated between PG and SG duties throughout his stay there. Monta has not played a single minute as a Passing PG.
-Ellis is clearly a System player, his halfcourt game sucks ***. Nelson will likely leave next year. That will probably signal the end of High Tempo ball for the Warriors, which IMO is a good thing.

I love Ellis like all Warrior fans, I do believe he's great in THIS system, but I don't overrate him like most of Warrior fans do. He is a system player so his stats are inflated, he would not be as good as he is if he wasn't drafted by us or Phoenix.

wrong wrong wrong wrong worng. monta shoots better, finshes better is only a couple months older than mayo actually. its ok the warriros are that dumb and would never do that trade

ejdacanay
07-10-2008, 03:49 PM
wrong wrong wrong wrong worng. monta shoots better, finshes better is only a couple months older than mayo actually. its ok the warriros are that dumb and would never do that trade

http://www.mentalfloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/orly.jpg

Thatruth32
07-10-2008, 04:39 PM

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT ... monta not a good rebounder... wow lmao you must not watch a lot of games monta is a GREAT rebounder for his postion i see him fly and get boards over the bigs all the time.... and u think he doesnt have a good mid rang jumper... **** he is automatic 2nd best in the nba other than rip hamilton

Monta being a system player... ok well here you have a lot more truth to your thought i think he can play in any system its just we just his strengths more in ours... but i dont think any team in the nba wouldnt want monta on there team...

Thatruth32
07-10-2008, 04:53 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3966

5 boards a game from any guard is great.... let alone hes only what maybe 150 160 pounds ?

ridere46
07-10-2008, 04:58 PM
raw skillset. OJ > Ellis. If you ask that to most basketball fans they would agree.

i don't agree. comparing Monta with someone who hasn't even played a game in the NBA is funny. even funnier is that you think he shoots better. monta has a pretty good midrange shot; comparable to Hamilton (Detroit). i don't doubt mayo's talent but comparing him to monta, suggesting he's a better shooter, and making an even trade for him...wow. that's laughable. let's wait at least a season before making such comparisons.

Lincoln Logs
07-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Also most likely Up-tempo, small ball with the Warriors is going to stay. Nelson has a hand picked heir in Keith Smart, his assistant coach, who knows and helps Nelson design the system, and since we are signing players like Biedrins/Monta who fit perfectly with this system to long term deals, I expect to have this style of play for another 4-5 years.

RUN DMC 20
07-10-2008, 06:10 PM
i would like to have conley on our team. But, we would have to give up to much. i think we have to get lowry instead of javaris.