PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Anderson

papipapsmanny
07-09-2008, 10:35 PM
he could be our future catcher he is only 21 and hit over 320 in AAA and is now on th mlb team as a backup, compared to joe mauer minus the great defense

the cardinals really need an SS or 2B and lowrie can filll both of those roles nicely why dont we just trade lowrie for anderson

sry im just sick of wasting lowrie in AAA

and this could be a legite shot at getting our next catcher

RedSoxRok34
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
id rather trade lugo

Tragedy
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
He could be OUR future catcher, yet he's not in our organization?

I think they could very well package Anderson in a deal if they decide they want to leave him as a Catcher (They've discussed moving him to 3B/LF so they can keep him), but I don't see a Lowrie'/Anderson deal happening.

RedSoxRok34
07-09-2008, 11:25 PM
He could be OUR future catcher, yet he's not in our organization?

I think they could very well package Anderson in a deal if they decide they want to leave him as a Catcher (They've discussed moving him to 3B/LF so they can keep him), but I don't see a Lowrie'/Anderson deal happening.

agreed, it would take a bit more. like i said, id love to dump lugo, eat some salary if necessary. we could also include a good starter prospect (pretty much anyone except bowden or masterson), maybe one more piece to get it done (coco?)

papipapsmanny
07-09-2008, 11:36 PM
id rather trade lugo

well no ****

but why would they want him

lowrie could very well get him since he is mlb ready and is a middle infielder and they desperately need that

Tragedy
07-09-2008, 11:47 PM
well no ****

but why would they want him

lowrie could very well get him since he is mlb ready and is a middle infielder and they desperately need that
But the MI position isn't a desperate NEED for any team. offering up a MI prospect is not going to net you a Catching prospect, because the Catching position is far more important to the game of baseball these days (In terms of how many good Catcher prospects there are).

This is no knock on Lowrie, but he probably won't ever be a Hanley Ramirez. So with that, he shouldn't have a TON of trade value (At least not enough to net us a Catching 'spec).

papipapsmanny
07-09-2008, 11:55 PM
im thinking lowrie and zink could be enough

i mean they do desperatley need one because their mi just sucks

and zink is a servicble starter and although not a prospect anymore he is still fairly young and cheap

knittingmill
07-10-2008, 07:47 AM
thurston is also doing great. package him with lowrie. i want charlie in the majors for us first to see him zink or zwim (nyuck, nyuck, nyuck).

lil'papi
07-10-2008, 08:08 AM
But the MI position isn't a desperate NEED for any team. offering up a MI prospect is not going to net you a Catching prospect, because the Catching position is far more important to the game of baseball these days (In terms of how many good Catcher prospects there are).

This is no knock on Lowrie, but he probably won't ever be a Hanley Ramirez. So with that, he shouldn't have a TON of trade value (At least not enough to net us a Catching 'spec).

BIG difference in value of the two middle infielders. SS is a prime time spot and VALUABLE. 2nd base not as much because pretty much any retread SS goes there. Jeter makes how much , name one catcher making that coin? How about Tejada or Young.....etc. These guys are valuable......catchers aren't in short supply ...just ones that can hit.

Value is also based on need and if the team you are dealing with is strong in that area. Are catchers worth more than SS's depends on how good they are how ML ready they are.

So not so fast.

Catchers that can hit and catch obviously are. ;) I don't advocate trading Lowrie just yet either. I keep hearing the Sox shop over the winter for one.

RedSoxtober
07-10-2008, 09:39 AM
If BaseballProspectus is even close with their projections (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/ANDERSON19861216A.php) then Anderson doesn't look all that great. Though a couple years younger, he projects almost identically to Mark Wagner (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/WAGNER19840611A.php).

sboyajian
07-10-2008, 10:08 AM
im thinking lowrie and zink could be enough

i mean they do desperatley need one because their mi just sucks

and zink is a servicble starter and although not a prospect anymore he is still fairly young and cheapThat looks like a lot of talent for someone who is good offensively behind the plate. I'd rather have another good offensive bat with great defense if I'm trading away a MLB caliber SS and SP.

I like Anderson.. I said I wanted him last year.. but that is too much for him right now.. especially with Lugo faltering and perhaps needing Lowrie to fill that spot.

papipapsmanny
07-10-2008, 06:56 PM
well they seem to be set on not letting lowrie do anything so i say trade him

and zink is 27 or 29 hardly someone we really need

sboyajian
07-10-2008, 10:42 PM
well they seem to be set on not letting lowrie do anything so i say trade him

and zink is 27 or 29 hardly someone we really need

so age determines need? Wake has been very productive for us.. but he will retire soon.. Zink could play the same role of the different type of pitcher and do it another 10 years.

Ortiz was 28 when he came to us.. Manny was 29..

Why can a 29 year old Zink not be of use?

TheLogical
07-10-2008, 11:02 PM
I would trade Lugo instead of Lowrie because Lowrie has a great future ahead for him.

Tragedy
07-10-2008, 11:29 PM
I would trade Lugo instead of Lowrie because Lowrie has a great future ahead for him.
But that is why Lowrie would bring a far greater return for us.

But obviously, if we can trade Lugo to an ignorant team (That sounds like the Giants and Nationals) then I'd be all for it.

Celts22
07-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Not really the Nats, they're shrewd as hell since no-ones been able to pry Cordero, Rauch etc. from them. Maybe the Pirates though...

sboyajian
07-11-2008, 12:02 AM
The Nats have a rediculously talented, yet young team. Their problem is injuries.. I think nearly the whole team has been injured at some point this season. If they can stay healthy, they will be a very good team next year.

lil'papi
07-11-2008, 08:28 AM
....as long as teams consider Lowrie a ML SS. Personally I'm not sold. I'm sure Boston in a trade would list him as a great one. lol

I love the just trade Lugo stuff....unless you have 22.5 mil to give away it ain't happenin.

We need someone to eat a ton of that money like 5-7mils worth per year. 10-14mil might get it done......at yrs end.
We would save a bundle by playing Lowrie. If you are totally sold he is the answer.

So find a team willing to pay Lugo 5-7 mil per to play SS. The amount we should have paid before he went down the slippery slope. Even that sounds hard to sell.....