PDA

View Full Version : Warriors and Clippers In The Mix For Marion

twissst89
07-09-2008, 10:16 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243487

I guess they all heard about it on espn. Id prolly do Marion for a couple picks which wud open up enough money for us to go after Josh Smith. They also talk about trading Biedrins. Best trade scenerio wud be

Marion and Blount

For

Biedrins S&T

This gives us a center,gets rid of Blounts contract, and gives us enogh money to still go after Josh Smith.

Chalmmers/Quinn/Banks
Wade/Cook/Jones(Hel be filling a lot of positions getting good playing time)
Smith/Wright/Jones
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
Biedrins/AnthonyZO

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Shoot. Sign Biedrins at like 7 mil a year and also take back Foyle's contract and a future 1st rounder....and send them Marion/Blount/banks... the money works. we wouldn't have space this summer... but next summer foyles contract ends...

great find Twist!

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Lol, unless the Clippers are offering Kaman I wouldn't even return the call considering what else they have to offer.

And in the other trade we'd be giving up $24.5M in salary. If Biedrins would even make half of that he would already be overpaid, so who else do we get to make it work financially? Golden State would have to give us Al Harrington or Adonal Foyle (who has $9.75M expiring) + an additional contract to come close.

ATX
07-09-2008, 10:25 PM

I guess they all heard about it on espn. Id prolly do Marion for a couple picks which wud open up enough money for us to go after Josh Smith. They also talk about trading Biedrins. Best trade scenerio wud be

Marion and Blount

For

Biedrins S&T

This gives us a center,gets rid of Blounts contract, and gives us enogh money to still go after Josh Smith.

Chalmmers/Quinn/Banks
Smith/Wright/Jones
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
Biedrins/AnthonyZO

If we pulled that off, I would cream my pants on the spot! ...Can I say that?

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:25 PM
actually they have that trade exception so I like your better!!!

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Lol, unless the Clippers are offering Kaman I wouldn't even return the call considering what else they have to offer.

And in the other trade we'd be giving up $24.5M in salary. If Biedrins would even make half of that he would already be overpaid, so who else do we get to make it work financially? Golden State would have to give us Al Harrington or Adonal Foyle (who has $9.75M expiring) + an additional contract to come close.

They have a 10 mil trade excpetion and cap space so the money would probably work... even with Biedrins at like 7 mil a year

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 10:26 PM
I Think Foyale is with orlando????

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Shoot. Sign Biedrins at like 7 mil a year and also take back Foyle's contract and a future 1st rounder....and send them Marion/Blount/banks... the money works. we wouldn't have space this summer... but next summer foyles contract ends...

great find Twist!

Marion/Blount/Banks = $28.7M

Biedrins (making $7M) + Foyle = $16.75M

How does that work exactly :smoking:

twissst89
07-09-2008, 10:27 PM
We dont have to match up the money since hey are under the cap. We cant just make them go over 100k. Wud they do Marion and Blount for Biedrins. Or Marion for picks. The main thing is to try to clear enough money for Josh Smith.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 10:28 PM
They have a 10 mil trade excpetion and cap space so the money would probably work... even with Biedrins at like 7 mil a year

They have a $10M trade exception? Where did they get that from?

You are right about the cap space though. If they have enough of it that would indeed work.

But how much cap space do they have after signing Magette?

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Marion/Blount/Banks = $28.7M

Biedrins (making $7M) + Foyle = $16.75M

How does that work exactly :smoking:

1) The Warriors are way under the cap.
2) They have a 10 million dollar trade exception that allows them to take back 10 extra mil of salary and still go over the cap...

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:30 PM
I Think Foyale is with orlando????

yes, but GS is still paying him 9 mil a year...

ATX
07-09-2008, 10:30 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Warriors still under the cap, even with the signing of Maggette...Speaking of him, would they then use Marion at the 4? Anyways, Davis left 17 mil on the table, and Corey signed for 10, so maybe they can absorb around 7 extra million? I would expect Biedrins to sign for about 10 million a season, and Smith to be around 13 million. I wonder how much it would take for Atlanta not to match?

twissst89
07-09-2008, 10:31 PM
If we pulled that off, I would cream my pants on the spot! ...Can I say that?

I know it wud give us 3 blockers 2. So far Beasleys looking like he is going to need sum help defenders and this deal wud put us over the top. And wed still have our deep bench.

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Quit saying foyle he is with orlando, he is a free agent this year!:rolleyes:

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 10:32 PM
1) The Warriors are way under the cap.
2) They have a 10 million dollar trade exception that allows them to take back 10 extra mil of salary and still go over the cap...

Yeah I just checked. I'm shocked actually by the huge amount of cap space they have.

Where did the trade exception come from though? That an awfully high amount for such an exception.

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 10:33 PM
They said on espn that it would probably take 15-17mil for atlanta not to match.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Warriors still under the cap, even with the signing of Maggette...Speaking of him, would they then use Marion at the 4? Anyways, Davis left 17 mil on the table, and Corey signed for 10, so maybe they can absorb around 7 extra million? I would expect Biedrins to sign for about 10 million a season, and Smith to be around 13 million. I wonder how much it would take for Atlanta not to match?

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah I just checked. I'm shocked actually by the huge amount of cap space they have.

Where did the trade exception come from though? That an awfully high amount for such an exception.

Jason Richardson trade...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?blogid=39&entry_id=18116

twissst89
07-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Hoopshype says our cap right now is 58 Mil and Golden States is 30 Mil. Say they sign and trade us Biedrins to us for 10 Mil. And we give them Marion and Blount which equals 24.5 mil. That wud leave us at 43.5 Mil. Am I right or wrong?

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 10:37 PM
I think it has to do with the increase of the salary cap to 58.8mil that's why alot of teams was waiting around to see how much it would go up and I guess it took effect this year?

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Hoopshype says our cap right now is 58 Mil and Golden States is 30 Mil. Say they sign and trade us Biedrins to us for 10 Mil. And we give them Marion and Blount which equals 24.5 mil. That wud leave us at 43.5 Mil. Am I right or wrong?

kinda right. they havent added in 4 mil for jones... 1 mil for chalmers... or small contracts for projects like powell (maybe a total of 2 mil)...

I would expect once all that is done... that we would have a cap figure around 50 mil if this deal went through...

Diehardheatfan
07-09-2008, 10:41 PM

Man why dont we just give them marion and banks for ellis in a S&T. Give Ellis 11 per season. Then they would have every position pretty much filled and they can keep Biendrins at center.

jrodmesche
07-09-2008, 10:43 PM

Marion and Blount

For

Biedrins S&T

Chalmmers/Quinn/Banks
Smith/Wright/Jones
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
Biedrins/AnthonyZO

i like that whole plan expeciay if we could get josh smith but banks is definetley before quinn banks could start but i really like chalmers

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Man why dont we just give them marion and banks for ellis in a S&T. Give Ellis 11 per season. Then they would have every position pretty much filled and they can keep Biendrins at center.

Biedrins is a more sure thing I think. I am not sold on Ellis being a good fit...but Biedrins, while probably going to be overpaid, is exactly what we need

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 10:45 PM
OK, Let me get this straight so if we trade marion to golden state and their center Bindrinis how ever you spell his name? We would have cap space to sign a Josh smith? Why dont we just trade bank or blount with marion for Bindrinis and Ellis???? Someone help me understand this:confused:

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 10:46 PM
So is this actually a realistic possibility, or just speculation coming from another part of this forum?

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Why dont we just trade bank or blount with marion for Bindrinis and Ellis???? Someone help me understand this:confused:

Because Golden State wants to keep Ellis.

They have also said all along they would match any offers for Biedrins, so I don't know if they are so fond of trading their only center away, but we'll see.

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:49 PM
OK, Let me get this straight so if we trade marion to golden state and their center Bindrinis how ever you spell his name? We would have cap space to sign a Josh smith? Why dont we just trade bank or blount with marion for Bindrinis and Ellis???? Someone help me understand this:confused:

b/c they wont part with ellis. I think they are more likely to let Biedrins go. and they definately wont let both go... especially for that package

kntresistheheat
No i saw it on espn too! Its reall

daleja424
So is this actually a realistic possibility, or just speculation coming from another part of this forum?

most likely...speculation...

twissst89
07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
kinda right. they havent added in 4 mil for jones... 1 mil for chalmers... or small contracts for projects like powell (maybe a total of 2 mil)...

I would expect once all that is done... that we would have a cap figure around 50 mil if this deal went through...

Which wudnt be enough to sign Smith. Maybe Jones contract isnt finalized yet and we sign him after the trade. Im sure their is something that cud workout. Banks fits their system and is a point guard theyl need maybe theyl take him and use the exception. Even tho i think the exception is expired.

twissst89
07-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Even Marion and Blount for Belinelli. It clears 23 mil., which will bring the salary to 35 mil. That gives us 20 mil for Josh Smith and we get another 3 point shooter in Bellineli.

daleja424
07-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Even Marion and Blount for Belinelli. It clears 23 mil., which will bring the salary to 35 mil. That gives us 20 mil for Josh Smith and we get another 3 point shooter in Bellineli.

haha... I dunno about that now. I like marion. I would only trade him for a sure thing. Its a little risky to trade him for bellineli and cap space b/c we could miss out on smith or the other big names and then we'd have nothing to show. At least with Biedrins we would get something back...

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 11:07 PM

We are not going to trade Marion and Blount for Belinelli. Don't give me a heartattack please :jumpy:

Josh Smith is a nice player, but not someone we should mortgage our future on.

Right now we need a starting center or, to lesser extent, a point guard. Shawn Marion is going nowhere unless we get either of those.

twissst89
07-09-2008, 11:12 PM
haha... I dunno about that now. I like marion. I would only trade him for a sure thing. Its a little risky to trade him for bellineli and cap space b/c we could miss out on smith or the other big names and then we'd have nothing to show. At least with Biedrins we would get something back...

Yea but it will give us 23 mil. Isnt that a sure thing to get Josh Smith or Iguodla. Worst case scenerio Okafor. It wud be basiclly trading Marion for Smith and getting rid of Blount.

Josh Smith is a franchise player and I wud risk it to get him. Hes a perfect compliment to Beasley. Beasley and Smith alone u can build your team around. Hel help Beasley out on defense so much. And with his driving he can kick it out to Beasley. Id do wutever it takes, even giving up draft picks. Young core of Chalmmers,Wade,Cook,Wright,Smith,Beasley, and Haslem.

JackSplack
07-09-2008, 11:35 PM
I had no idea GSW had a 10mil excemption...Lemme ask you all this, is there any chance of Maggette fitting into the shooting guard role?
if so...
Could we then send GSW

Marion+Haslem+Blount+future picks
Ellis+Biedrens?

And if so would that leave room to still have enough to potentially sign Josh Smith?

GSW would have a core of Maggette/Marion/Haslem if they find a separate trade for Harrington (maybe with chicago involving Hinrich or Gordon?) Would that be worth it for them?

LayZbone
07-09-2008, 11:38 PM
I had no idea GSW had a 10mil excemption...Lemme ask you all this, is there any chance of Maggette fitting into the shooting guard role?
if so...
Could we then send GSW

Marion+Haslem+Blount+future picks
Ellis+Biedrens?

And if so would that leave room to still have enough to potentially sign Josh Smith?

GSW would have a core of Maggette/Marion/Haslem if they find a separate trade for Harrington (maybe with chicago involving Hinrich or Gordon?) Would that be worth it for them?

nope

JackSplack
07-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Damn shame!

Woulda been nice

What if we substitute Banks for Blount?

danbola
07-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Why would Golden State want anything to do with Blount?

Hopefully Riley is talking to the Clippers about Kaman.

JackSplack
07-09-2008, 11:48 PM
What if we send Cook + Haslem for Hinrich ourselves and then move Hinrich+Marion+Blount+Banks to GSW for Ellis/Biedrens/Harrington?

Stretching like Armstrong Son!!

speaking of stretching...How much less do you think BD would take if he doesn't sign for the clips? If we send marion and Banks to GSW for just Biedrens...does that leave enough to sign Davis?

Davis/Wade{Bease/Haslem/Wright}Biedrens
with cook/jones/quinninator/chalmers/Zo/Anthony

Davis'd be motivated in the east just to beat Brand i'd hope
???

Or we could switch and trade Marion and Banks straight up for Ellis and use the extra cap space to Sign Okafor?

Any thoughts
???

King Koopa
07-10-2008, 12:36 AM
I just dont see this happening i looks wierd, but hey i will welcome it if it happens, The only problem i have is why would Golden State take Blounts Contract......

King Koopa
07-10-2008, 12:37 AM
What if we send Cook + Haslem for Hinrich ourselves and then move Hinrich+Marion+Blount+Banks to GSW for Ellis/Biedrens/Harrington?

Stretching like Armstrong Son!!

speaking of stretching...How much less do you think BD would take if he doesn't sign for the clips? If we send marion and Banks to GSW for just Biedrens...does that leave enough to sign Davis?

Davis/Wade{Bease/Haslem/Wright}Biedrens
with cook/jones/quinninator/chalmers/Zo/Anthony

Davis'd be motivated in the east just to beat Brand i'd hope
???

Or we could switch and trade Marion and Banks straight up for Ellis and use the extra cap space to Sign Okafor?

Any thoughts
???

BRO THERE NOT TRADING ELLIS SO STOP SAYING TO TRADE FOR ELLIS IF ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. DAM.

king j.a.l.
07-10-2008, 01:25 AM
I just want 2 no 1 thing say the heat does thi trade 4 marion and bednisin(what ever his name is) 4 $9m. and we end up getting smith what does that do 4 our cap space in 2010, bcuz if we can't have a chance at 1 of the big FA in 2010 i'm against it.

JackSplack
07-10-2008, 01:29 AM
[BRO THERE NOT TRADING ELLIS SO STOP SAYING TO TRADE FOR ELLIS IF ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. DAM.]

Bro...stop swimming with the hate sharks.

Trading for ellis is only one part of what I said. Am i saying it's likely to happen, no! But last time I checked this is a thread on the heat doing a trade with GSW and there are several threads like this around on this site and on others and the last time I checked Ellis was a GSW player. Look, it's not likely to happen, but then again neither was oh, i dunno, KG's going to Boston for Jefferson and a bunch of young guys and lesser players, or the Suns trading away an allstar in his prime for a bigman like Shaq that in no way gels with there style, or like the sixers coming out left field and jacking Elton Brand at the last minute from the Warriors and the Clippers or for that matter even BD and Elton choosing to opt out of massive final year contracts so stop with the hate cuz right now you seem like one surly mofo who just likes to throw negativity around to start crap

JackSplack
07-10-2008, 01:33 AM
You telling me you saw Gasol going for Kwame Brown (i know you have a hard on for brown, but it can't be THAT big)

its hard to resist the kwame dig ;->

JackSplack
07-10-2008, 01:38 AM
I've thought about 2010 a bit like we all have, and i think this...
A guy like lebron aint gonna come and play with a guy like Wade until he's won one being the main man. I mean, Wade put on one of the best finals performances in history, thats a lot of ego to swallow. Now if Lebron wins between now and then, then yeah, they can form a dynamic duo. There's still stoudamire, but he has ego too and it might thread the same way...maybe bosh though, but I don't put the future on hold hoping on the off chance bosh lands here.

Jonathan2323
07-10-2008, 01:42 AM
Can everyone please tell why they want Biedrens so badly??

JackSplack
07-10-2008, 01:48 AM

My young center of choice was Bogut, but with the deal he just signed, thats not likely.
Biedrens is young, showed solid skills with that low double double of his, and could have a lot of upside potential. It'll be really hard to be more than a first round elimination with Blount being our primary center, and the clips may be weary to part with Kamen now that brand isn't coming back. There's a lot of big men out there, but not many available that are young with his experience and upside.

But if we can get Okafor for 10mil, I'd be very interested, though it'd require clearing up cap room. From what I read earlier on this thread, we can clear that space though a deal with the GSW because of a 10mil exemption they have.

Jonathan2323
07-10-2008, 01:50 AM
we can do way better in a marion deal than Biedriens

Jonathan2323
07-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Maybe Artest and Brad Miller for Marion and Marcus banks or Blount

Acutally i just check there salaries and brad miller make to much money b/w 10-11 Mil the next two seasons

JackSplack
07-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Artests skill is unquestionable

unfortunately, artests stability is very questionable.

The only reason marion for biedrens would be worth it is to clear up the space to sign a josh smith or an okafor or something of the sort, some additional move. Head to Head, Marions is far superior in worth to Biedrens at this point.

Maybe we can make a deal to pick up Darko and one of memphises guards while dumping banks or blounts contract...don't know how that'd work...shoot, maybe we can resign Doleac.

Dragon510
07-10-2008, 02:09 AM
Just a heads up. The Warriors 10 mil trade exemption expired.

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2008/6/30/561798/open-thread-trade-exceptio

JackSplack
07-10-2008, 02:14 AM
well fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

maybe marion for felton and okafor is the big trade buzz they're discussing?

Master Mind
07-10-2008, 02:27 AM

I've been wondering the same thing...He doesn't intrigue me, I know he's young but I don't see him becoming an elite center...As for GS trading Biedrins, I highly doubt they'd trade their only big man...I think Ellis is being discussed for Marion, or maybe a three team trade involving Chicago and Kirk Hinrich

greek miami hea
07-10-2008, 05:53 AM
i like it.marion for felton and okafor.but i would prefer marion for okafor and wallace.

daleja424
07-10-2008, 07:29 AM
I've been wondering the same thing...He doesn't intrigue me, I know he's young but I don't see him becoming an elite center...As for GS trading Biedrins, I highly doubt they'd trade their only big man...I think Ellis is being discussed for Marion, or maybe a three team trade involving Chicago and Kirk Hinrich

Biedrins is 22 years old and averaged 10/10 last year in just 27 minutes a game, with 27 double-doubles. He also deters shots and averaged over a block last year. Plus he doesnt take bad shots and is efficient (.626 FG %). The only knock on him is his FT% but he is only 22 and he has already brought his FT% up from .520 two years ago to .620 last year. If he brings that up to about 70% then that won't be a problem either