PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Division toughest in the NBA?!

carruthers32
07-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Boston is boston, NBA champions.

Toronto improved alot with the addition of Jermaine O'Neal and Jose Calderon finally gets the fulltime starters role, and can play 35min a game rather then 25.

Philadelphia has a strong lineup now after adding Elton Brand and already having guys like Igouldala, A.Miller and Dalembert.

After next year the Atlantic division could have 3 teams in the top 5.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 09:43 PM
New Jersey and New York will be among the worst teams in the NBA, and Toronto actually isn't that great either.

Philly has obviously improved to become my #2 in the division, but still if you compare this division to some of the others this isn't even close to being the toughest.

The division with the Spurs, Hornets, Mavs and Rockets is the toughest Imo.

tonyd3b54
07-09-2008, 09:46 PM
toronto is a very good team they hav 2 great big men and nuthing but 3 point shooters surrounding them... if they learn to play defense look out...

kvrnm
07-09-2008, 09:47 PM
no there are tougher divisions in the west

carruthers32
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
New Jersey and New York will be among the worst teams in the NBA, and Toronto actually isn't that great either.

Philly has obviously improved, but still if you compare this division to some of the others this isn't even close to being the toughest.

Raptors arent good?? Look at there lineup!

PG- Jose Calderon (lowest assist/turnover ratio in the NBA, a Jason Kidd trade away from being an All Star in the East)
SG- Anthony Parker (top 5 in 3pt percentage in the league)
SF- Jamario Moon (top 5 most athletic guys in the league, has lots of potential)
PF- Chris Bosh (one of the best big men in the game, and hes only 24, perennial All Star)
C- Jermaine O'Neal (is injury prone, but made it clear he rushed back into the season after knee surgery and is ready to go, if so, he could be All NBA first defensive team and an All Star)

Top 2 Bench Players:
PF/C- Andrea Bargnani (lots of haters with him, but lets face it, off the bench hes a solid 6th man)
SG/SF- Jason Kapono (best shooter in the league)

Nets fan 93
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Nets are projected lotteryy top 5 :(

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 09:50 PM
toronto is a very good team they hav 2 great big men and nuthing but 3 point shooters surrounding them... if they learn to play defense look out...

I like Bosh a lot, but their other "great" big man is likely going to miss about 30 games to injury again.

I also like Calderon a lot, but the rest of that team doesn't impress me at all.

Actually I think they downgraded by trading away two of their undervalued valuable players, Ford and Nesterovic, among with some young assets, for someone who is just as broken down as the other O'neal.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Nets are projected lotteryy top 5 :(

Don't worry, you have some really nice young players on your team (except Yi, I don't like him at all). Don't expect a lot for the next two years, but after that things should go uphill from there.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I forgot Moon on Toronto just now. I like him too, but he is still a little inconsistent the same way Tyrus Thomas is.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-09-2008, 10:04 PM

PG- Jose Calderon (lowest assist/turnover ratio in the NBA, a Jason Kidd trade away from being an All Star in the East)
SF- Jamario Moon (top 5 most athletic guys in the league, has lots of potential)
PF- Chris Bosh (one of the best big men in the game, and hes only 24, perennial All Star)
C- Jermaine O'Neal (is injury prone, but made it clear he rushed back into the season after knee surgery and is ready to go, if so, he could be All NBA first defensive team and an All Star)

Top 2 Bench Players:
PF/C- Andrea Bargnani (lots of haters with him, but lets face it, off the bench hes a solid 6th man)

The Jamario Moon statement of him being a top 5 most atheletic guy is just rediculous and has nothing to do with anything really. Doesn't make him a good player at all. Not saying he's a bad player, but he's average at this point..

Kapono is a top 5 shooter, he's not the best shooter. There are other great shooters in the league that are just as good as him that come off the bench (James Posey/Eddie House/etc.)

Raptors are a good team, and I have them right with the 76ers neck and neck..

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Jermaine O'neal's health is basically make or break for the Raptors season.

His knees will be hanging over there heads the whole time like the Sword of Damocles.

njdevilsnnets
07-09-2008, 10:19 PM

Philly has obviously improved to become my #2 in the division, but still if you compare this division to some of the others this isn't even close to being the toughest.

New Jersey will not be among the worst teams in the league next year. I acutally think they'll have a good chance to make the playoffs in a very weak East.

Lets look at their lineup

Center - Brook Lopez - Big player who will turn out as an average C
PF- Yi Jianlian - A player who can put up 12-15 points on a daily basis when starting and has lots of potential
SF- Simmons - Experienced guy and can turn out good if he brings back his form that led him to the Nba 6th man of Yr.
Sg-Vince Carter- Clearly is the leader of this team now, will put up 22 - 5 -5 numbers.
Pg- Devin harris- Good young Pg who will turn into an Allstar in the future.

Bench: Boone, Sean Williams( in my mind will become one of the best blockers in the league), Swift, Hassel, Nachbar(if resigned), Armstrong,Chris Douglas Roberts, Ryan Anderson, Krstic, Ager.

Yep i named 16 players, i believe krstic or Ager will leave. Most likely krstic because we have 5-6 F/C. Now, this teams a very young team but I think they will be The 76ers of last year. Defintely not the worst.

Now is Atlantic toughest ?
No

Western conferene is stacked

JaysAddict43
07-09-2008, 10:34 PM
^ Very weak east.. okay i know west is much better then the east but VERY WEAK?

Boston
Detroit
Cleveland
Philadelphia
Toronto
Washington
Atlanta?
Chicago?
Miami?

They IMO, have a way better shot then..NJN.. so no, they will not make it barring key injuries to other teams.

And to the guy who said Kopono top five? Man..CMON .. the only reason he didn't get more recognition is because he wasn't fit well into the system because of SMITCH and he has been waht number one / number two best 3 pt % ? Posey? House? cmon.. they were CLUTCH in that situation, but not considered coveted like kopono. Man avg'd 20 ppg playoff time

BigEric
07-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Either the Pacific or Southwest divisons are the toughest.

t-mac1nukka
07-09-2008, 10:42 PM
theyre in the east, which automatically eliminates them from being number one. it goes more like:

1. southwest

2a. atlantic
2b. pacific

deepen03
07-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Well i live in New Jersey and im a nets fan. I think the Atlantic Division is not the best, but we are on the rise. A couple of years down the road this division could be an NBA Powerhouse. That is if the Nets are able to get LeBron in 2010 if he opts out and if the Knicks make some serious changes.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 10:59 PM
New Jersey will not be among the worst teams in the league next year. I acutally think they'll have a good chance to make the playoffs in a very weak East.

I can pretty much guarantee you that they will be bottom 5 in the entire league next year.

In a few years time you will have a nice team, but right now they will win about 25 games most likely.

cmoneytakemoney
07-09-2008, 11:42 PM

Top 2 Bench Players:

I got to agree. The Raptors were good last year and now that they got Jermaine O'Neal that means Bosh wont have to play Center at all were he seemed to get muscled an awful lot because of his skinny frame. Now he can play Power Foward which is his natural position and with O'Neal in at the same time they're going to be awfully tough to guard down low. Calderon is a very good Point Guard also and he'll be better this year wit 2 all-stars to dish the rock off to. Moon is going improve big time and Kapono, Parker, and Bargnani are going to be getting wide open looks because of Bosh's and O'Neal's presence down low and those guys are all deadly from long range. I love Toronto's chances this year. I think they'll be better than Cleveland, Orlando, and Detroit for sure. They most definitely could get to the Eastern Conference Finals (maybe even further).

Boston will be great again.
Philadelphia is going to be extremely tough now with Elton Brand (look what they did in the 2nd half of last season with really no great players on their team.

Yes the Atlantic division is going to be one of the best if not the best division in basketball next year. Mark my words.

richardle9
07-10-2008, 02:37 AM
no i think the Southwest division in the is the toughest, you got 4 out of 8 playoff teams in this division, Rockets, Spurs, Mavs, and Hornets

Crunchy12489
07-10-2008, 04:25 AM
Atlantic Division toughest in the NBA?

My ***.

The Northwest division will be harder than the Atlantic, trust me.

theimortalone
07-10-2008, 09:22 AM
no i think the Southwest division in the is the toughest, you got 4 out of 8 playoff teams in this division, Rockets, Spurs, Mavs, and Hornets

Either the Pacific or the SouthWest!

SwaggaIke
07-10-2008, 11:36 AM
The Southeast is tougher than the Atlantic. The Central is still better than the Atlantic. And the Pacific, come on now.

_Sn1P3r_
07-10-2008, 05:56 PM

Good point.