PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl

97'bulls
07-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Regardless of my name I'm a kid from boston who is still severely heart broken over the tragic events of the Super Bowl. I'm still unable to play madden and or watch the NFL network and the sight of Eli Manning makes me want to puke. It's extremely obvious that we were the better team and had a horrible game plan. I just want to know are you guys as damaged over this as I am?

KingJamsI
07-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Regardless of my name I'm a kid from boston who is still severely heart broken over the tragic events of the Super Bowl. I'm still unable to play madden and or watch the NFL network and the sight of Eli Manning makes me want to puke. It's extremely obvious that we were the better team and had a horrible game plan. I just want to know are you guys as damaged over this as I am?

I hate to sound like i'm reading the team talking points, but... I'm focused on this season, the past is the past. Obviously we wish there had been a different outcome, but it's time to look forward to getting a championship this year.

ERLynx
07-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Yea man, I felt pretty bad too. But the Sox won the world series, the Celtics won the NBA championship, and the Pats are the best team in the league. Just look forward to this coming season because it's going to be a good one.

MiamiHeatMafia
07-11-2008, 09:30 AM
No offense but u got to get over it and get ready for this season. That's what a true fan does. I'm looking forward to see if we can make it back to the superbowl this season.

JetInPhilly
07-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Dude, just get together and back your squad. You can't change the history books but you can do something about the future. Hell...I have to face a wasted season EVERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY year. At least the Pats have won a SB (or 3) since 1968...hahahaha. Your team is still the one to beat, regardless of the SB outcome and I predict the Giants not even making the playoffs this year. Have you seen what the NFC East looks like - DAMN!!!! I'm glad we all played them last year.

Good luck New England. Hell of a season coming up. Yep/Yep!

SHONIE
07-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Go Pats :clap: :clap: :clap:

kazzy4080
07-11-2008, 03:11 PM
i still dont think i've ever seen any of the superbowl celebration, and i have stopped watching nfl live (but thats because its a ****ty show and they only talk bout spygate, pacman, and favre), ill probably start watching when their is actual nfl news, but im excited for next season....

37-1

97'bulls
07-13-2008, 08:07 PM
I really don;t wanna bring this up cuz I hate talking about it. But... I really don't see why we can't go 19-0 this time.

TheShowzOver
07-13-2008, 10:28 PM
I don't think there is anything that is going to stop us from winning the Super Bowl this year. I think we learned a lot from last year and will do better this time around. BB and crew aren't going to be made fools of again. We are the best team on paper and out on that field and we know it

griff141
07-14-2008, 06:01 AM
We went through it for 86 years with the Red Sox, 1 superbowl loss should be a piece of cake to get over. Especially since were gonna dominate this year!

DieHardColtsfan
07-14-2008, 04:43 PM
I really don;t wanna bring this up cuz I hate talking about it. But... I really don't see why we can't go 19-0 this time.

cmon man, don't say things like that. We all know you guys are going to want to come back with a vengeance and take care of some unfinished business. But, realistically, it will be very hard to match a season like the one last year. I feel your team weakened, Secondary took an obvious hit. Aged Defense is aging. I mean your core components are there dont get me wrong, but IMO opinion its impractical. I love the confidence and the spirit, but why set so much high expectations, if you started this thread having trouble dealing with one loss.

griff141
07-15-2008, 12:44 AM
cmon man, don't say things like that. We all know you guys are going to want to come back with a vengeance and take care of some unfinished business. But, realistically, it will be very hard to match a season like the one last year. I feel your team weakened, Secondary took an obvious hit. Aged Defense is aging. I mean your core components are there dont get me wrong, but IMO opinion its impractical. I love the confidence and the spirit, but why set so much high expectations, if you started this thread having trouble dealing with one loss.

I think you make alot of valid points. The only thing I could disagree with is the aged defense. Seau isnt re-signed and if anything we got younger with Mayo and Victor Hobson in the middle, and Tank Williams will most likely split time with Rodney Harrison at safety. I posted the entire defense and the age of the players in another thread and it turned out that the average age of the players on defense is 28. The secondary is questionable but I think it will be a solid group come september. I have a feeling the corners will be more aggressive with receivers especially with Dom Capers now coaching the secondary. I totally agree with your point that another perfect season will be almost impossible and to be honest I don't even like talking about it. I'd take a 14-2 season with a ring over another damn 18-1!

DieHardColtsfan
07-15-2008, 10:22 AM
I think you make alot of valid points. The only thing I could disagree with is the aged defense. Seau isnt re-signed and if anything we got younger with Mayo and Victor Hobson in the middle, and Tank Williams will most likely split time with Rodney Harrison at safety. I posted the entire defense and the age of the players in another thread and it turned out that the average age of the players on defense is 28. The secondary is questionable but I think it will be a solid group come september. I have a feeling the corners will be more aggressive with receivers especially with Dom Capers now coaching the secondary. I totally agree with your point that another perfect season will be almost impossible and to be honest I don't even like talking about it. I'd take a 14-2 season with a ring over another damn 18-1!

I'd second that man.... coming from a fan who watches his team flirt with the idea practically every year until you guys made a lunge last year. It is a lot of pressure and ultimately can become a slight distraction. Don't get me wrong the thought of it is amazing, but i like an idealistic approach, game in game out, one at a time, and heck resting players time to time. Football is a very body enduring sport. I'm not saying deliberately loose a couple of games, but when the rest is needed it most be given. Even if it means a lose to weaker team on the schedule. Come playoffs distractions shouldn't be lingering, pressure shouldn't be added on (there's enough as it is) and everyone should be as fresh as possible.