PDA

View Full Version : Mario Chalmers

pimpunleashed
07-09-2008, 09:20 PM
just hearld from the d-leauge game that Mario Chalmers signed wit the heat dont know how much thu

NastyRud
07-09-2008, 09:23 PM
just hearld from the d-leauge game that Mario Chalmers signed wit the heat dont know how much thu

Not sure neither but the way he's been playin I bet all those PG trade rumors will be put to rest because he will be their starter on opening night.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Despite being eligible to receive as little as the rookie minimum of $442,114 for a single season, Chalmers instead will be rewarded with a package worth around $2.3 million.

The deal includes two guaranteed seasons, with the first starting at around $700,000 and the third year at the Heat's option.

"It's an extremely generous deal," agent Sam Goldfeder said.

Chalmers' salary will come from the remainder of the $5.6 mid-level salary-cap exception, with about $4 million of that exception utilized earlier today to sign Trail Blazers free-agent forward James Jones.

link (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-0709chalmers,0,4919035.story)

Classy move to give him more than they had to. For Chalmers it makes up some for going much lower in the draft than he was projected to go, and the Heat show commitment to him this way.

And he really played so well in the summer league that he also definitely deserves this Imo.

TheFuture6
07-09-2008, 09:35 PM
A lot of teams are going to regret not drafting him...

daleja424
07-09-2008, 09:36 PM
this guy might just be special. Great-D, fearless driving, great passer, good range. There isn't a thing he can't do...

kingbrentg
07-09-2008, 09:36 PM
A lot of teams are going to regret not drafting him...

:nod:

Crunchy12489
07-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Anyone happen to catch that crossover and ALMOST HIGHLIGHT dunk he was trying to perform at the Summer league game vs. the Pacers?

Oh my. I was waiting on the jam, but he lost it in mid air :(

Mario Chalmers is pretty good.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Anyone happen to catch that crossover and ALMOST HIGHLIGHT dunk he was trying to perform at the Summer league game vs. the Pacers?

Oh my. I was waiting on the jam, but he lost it in mid air :(

Mario Chalmers is pretty good.

He has done that about 3 or 4 times these past few days. He really needs to learn to finish those dunks :laugh2:

pimpunleashed
07-09-2008, 09:44 PM
The Heat were led by Mario Chalmers' 23 points and six assists, but he also committed seven turnovers and seven fouls. Beasley finished with 17 points and eight rebounds.......(this is going to be a pretty good year by the heat)

pimpunleashed
07-09-2008, 09:48 PM
the correct deal is....The Heat agreed to a three-year deal with second-round pick Mario Chalmers Wednesday. Two years are guaranteed and his starting salary will be around $700,000, more than $250,000 above the league minimum salary. The deal says a lot about how high the Heat front office is on the former Kansas point guard and NCAA Final Four Most Outstanding Player. Remember, the Heat gave up two future second-round picks in the trade with Minnesota to get Chalmers, after he was drafted No. 34.

mcnasty54
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Chalmer's definitely outplayed Rose in the first summer league game. He has looked really well in all the games so far. Definitely should be starting over the leprechaun, Chris Quinn, and Jayson Williams.

jrodmesche
07-09-2008, 09:55 PM
chalmers was a steal i knew it when i first herd about it we omly really lost 1 second round draft pick beacause we traded are real second round pick to the cavs for a second round pick and every team that passed him up for players such as dj augustine are going to regret it without a doubt (not saying dg is bad just saying chalmers is better)

Knicks845
07-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Yes he is, he is playing really well in the summer league, who knows how he will perform, and i doubt he will start...

Knicks845
07-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Maybe he will start.... But he has only played in 2 summer league games.... 2 soon to tell

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 10:01 PM
i doubt he will start...

I don't think he will start straight away either, but later on he definitely has a good shot.

It also depends on if or which other (veteran) point guard the Heat will aquire this offseason. If he continues to play like this during the actual NBA games I bet he starts before the season is over.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Maybe he will start.... But he has only played in 2 summer league games.... 2 soon to tell

Way too much info man!

:ohno::laugh2:

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Super Mario!!!

dre1990
07-09-2008, 10:09 PM
he will be a solid point gaurd. reminds be of d-fish. i dont know why

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 10:22 PM
He is a sleeper. I think teams will regret not picking him up earlier.

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:27 PM
he will be a solid point gaurd. reminds be of d-fish. i dont know why

ya... a good d-fish!

Crunchy12489
07-09-2008, 10:27 PM
ya... a good d-fish!

He has to finish first!

One day he will though.

BigEric
07-09-2008, 10:38 PM
He and CDR were the biggest steals of the draft, both are going to be very good.

arlubas
07-10-2008, 02:43 AM
Chalmers is one of those guys that everyone knew he'd go in the second round even though the guy had everything it takes to have a long and solid career as a back up PG. You can thank GMs and their "players with potential" logic for that.

rico
07-10-2008, 03:08 AM
yeah miami really won this years draft even though they didnt get rose :P. im a bulls fan and love rose, but if i knew chalmers was going to play that great and could have him and beasley over just rose, i may do that instead.

chalmers has been putting it down.

daleja424
07-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Chalmers is one of those guys that everyone knew he'd go in the second round even though the guy had everything it takes to have a long and solid career as a back up PG. You can thank GMs and their "players with potential" logic for that.

...ya...NO! Chalmers will be a top 10 PG... Write it down now. He's not going to be a solid backup...he's going to be a fringe all-star one day pretty soon...

Imma gunna call 11 and 6 for him this year for the Heat...

arlubas
07-10-2008, 08:10 AM
...ya...NO! Chalmers will be a top 10 PG... Write it down now. He's not going to be a solid backup...he's going to be a fringe all-star one day pretty soon...

...ya...NO! He's gonna be playing 15 years, average 30/14/5 and be named the GOAT surpassing MJ. ZOMG, you were right after all!!!11

kingbrentg
07-10-2008, 08:12 AM

You're becoming as big of a Chalmers homer as me! :up:

Joshtd1
07-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Yep Chalmers was a steal that late in the draft

Iodine
07-10-2008, 12:59 PM
...ya...NO! He's gonna be playing 15 years, average 30/14/5 and be named the GOAT surpassing MJ. ZOMG, you were right after all!!!11

Plz are you kidding 30/14/5 might be his worst game of the season thing 44/19/18 and in the playoffs 100/100/100 games nightly

He is reaching Marc gasol overatedness

King Koopa
07-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Plz are you kidding 30/14/5 might be his worst game of the season thing 44/19/18 and in the playoffs 100/100/100 games nightly

He is reaching Marc gasol overatedness

Dont be Hating on Super Mario, i bet the first game vs the 76ers hes going to shut down your boy Miller, since hes fat and cant move for crap.

Iodine
07-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Dont be Hating on Super Mario, i bet the first game vs the 76ers hes going to shut down your boy Miller, since hes fat and cant move for crap.

:laugh:

Tblaze
07-10-2008, 01:52 PM
remember Bellinelli? He was such a good player in the summer league... he ended up doing nothing for the warriors..

I'm not saying it's the same case for Chalmers, but I'm just showing that summer league games don't meen that much...

Raptors27
07-10-2008, 01:57 PM
remember Gallinari? He was such a good player in the summer league... he ended up doing nothing for the warriors..

I'm not saying it's the same case for Chalmers, but I'm just showing that summer league games don't meen that much...

Bellineli i think you mean ;)

Master Mind
07-10-2008, 02:08 PM

Dude your sig is awesome!!!!!! :D

Magic #1 Fan
07-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Chalmers nice player, BUT playing in the REAL NBA games is not like playing summer league pick-up games. You get better games in N.Y. C. Street ball. Chalmers had 7 turnovers the other night. And that is with a bunch fair to poor talent. He will be good with 2 years under his belt. Remember pro's play 82 games. This guys only play 37-40 games in college. A lot of great college point guards when coming into the league are burned out after 35 games. And never prove themself. With exceptions of C. Paul, and Deron Williams, even took them a good year.

Tblaze
07-10-2008, 02:13 PM

Oops, you're right :D

midwestmadman
07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
It was certianly a generous move, one that makes sense and doesn't make sense. Could Chalmers start right away, maybe I don't know, he has looked great in the summer league I'll tell you that, but if you can sign him to a lesser contract and then give him an extension later once he has further developed why not save the extra coin to perhaps be able to offer trade exception money for cap relief if you make anyy other unforseen moves, or sign another lower tier Free Agent. What was Miami's record last year ......dead last at 15-67! They could use all the help they can get and could have signed him to a standard deal and still had part of that MLE left, it"s reasons like this that Miami is going to probably suck again next year, maybe not as bad as they were this year they got talent with a healthy Wade, Marion, and Beasley, but the won't make the playoffs and Riley needs to get out of there he is running the franshine into the ground, not quite to Isiash level but he gains a few inches on him almost everyday. Overall exiting to watch but will not know how to win a game down the stretch.

HiphopRelated
07-10-2008, 03:35 PM
It was certianly a generous move, one that makes sense and doesn't make sense. Could Chalmers start right away, maybe I don't know, he has looked great in the summer league I'll tell you that, but if you can sign him to a lesser contract and then give him an extension later once he has further developed why not save the extra coin to perhaps be able to offer trade exception money for cap relief if you make anyy other unforseen moves, or sign another lower tier Free Agent. What was Miami's record last year ......dead last at 15-67! They could use all the help they can get and could have signed him to a standard deal and still had part of that MLE left, it"s reasons like this that Miami is going to probably suck again next year, maybe not as bad as they were this year they got talent with a healthy Wade, Marion, and Beasley, but the won't make the playoffs and Riley needs to get out of there he is running the franshine into the ground, not quite to Isiash level but he gains a few inches on him almost everyday. Overall exiting to watch but will not know how to win a game down the stretch.

Riles knows what he's doing.

It's all about 2010. If he gave him a standard deal and Chalmers blew up, he could be looking at having to dish out MLE type money in 2010. With this, he can either be cut if he flops, or pick up the option and not have to pay him 'til 2011.

The money left in the MLE wasn't more than the LLE anyway.

Never compare Riley to Zeke

arlubas
07-10-2008, 03:47 PM

Nobody's hating on Mario, I loved the guy throughout his college career as a Jayhawk. But saying he is a sure shot all-star pretty soon is taking it a bit too far which is why we are overexagerating this whole thing.

daleja424
07-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Nobody's hating on Mario, I loved the guy throughout his college career as a Jayhawk. But saying he is a sure shot all-star pretty soon is taking it a bit too far which is why we are overexagerating this whole thing.

i said a fringe all-star PG one day... I didn't say he would be Chris Paul...but you said he is a bench player. He will definitely be closer to Paul then a sorry bench guy...

daleja424
07-10-2008, 04:05 PM

Pat Riley offered him him late 1st round money b/c by offering him that contract he will be restricted when he becomes a FA in 2011. Riley did this to protect the Heat and allow them to match offers when Mario comes up... not to be a nice guy

arlubas
07-10-2008, 04:33 PM
i said a fringe all-star PG one day... I didn't say he would be Chris Paul...but you said he is a bench player. He will definitely be closer to Paul then a sorry bench guy...

That sorry was added by you mister. I said he was gonna be a solid back up PG for years to come. There's a big difference with being a Bobby Jackson and being a Royal Ivey my friend.

SwaggaIke
07-10-2008, 04:41 PM

You gotta be kidding me. What has Riley done in order to recieve Isiah status? Lead the Heat to 3 losing seasons in 15 years? An NBA Championship? Trading for Shaq and then getting rid of Shaq for an All Star player that will contribute and come off the books for 17 million next summer? Funny thing is a lot of people are still down on Miami and rightfully so. But watch what we do this year. Riley ain't done and by October we will have a team that will be ready to contend for a top 5 seed in the East. And you can sig that ****.

arlubas
07-10-2008, 04:46 PM
You gotta be kidding me. What has Riley done in order to recieve Isiah status? Lead the Heat to 3 losing seasons in 15 years? An NBA Championship? Trading for Shaq and then getting rid of Shaq for an All Star player that will contribute and come off the books for 17 million next summer? Funny thing is a lot of people are still down on Miami and rightfully so. But watch what we do this year. Riley ain't done and by October we will have a team that will be ready to contend for a top 5 seed in the East. And you can sig that ****.

I don't understand how people hate on Riley, the NBA exec, period. I can understand not liking him as a character but the dude has been as good as anyone throughout his career in coaching and management.

SwaggaIke
07-10-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't understand how people hate on Riley, the NBA exec, period. I can understand not liking him as a character but the dude has been as good as anyone throughout his career in coaching and management.

Its simple. Outside of our fans we're one of the most hated. They hate Riley because he's more cunning than 85% of the Presidents out there. They hate D Wade because he achieved superstar status. They hate our championship and claim it was a fluke. They just hate us. I'm not saying everybody hates us (that's obviously not true) but we're one of the most hated. And I love it, I ****in love it.

kntresistheheat
07-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Well, I can tell you why they hate on us! We have the best weather and southbeach which all stars, athleats, rappers and singer's wants to be here because of our parties....lol! Also we have a president in (Riley) that is not scared to pull the trigger on any moves and try's to make our team a winning team every year, We dont like to rebuild and we have several divisions banners to prove it, and just one final's banner but hey' Not bad for a team that showed up to the league in 1989! And trust me our chip was not a fluke it was one of the most watched in finals history not because of dallas but because of wade perfomance and he became a superstar instantly with the number 1# selling jersey and still a top 5 in sales and top 5 star in the league! Wade became a surprise to everone because no one knew when he came out of marquette he was going to be a superstar so soon??? Not even kobe when he came there was lots of hype because of his comparison to MJ but when he came out all he could do was dunk then it took him about 2 to 3yrs to devolpe a shot that's when he made a name for himself, and no am not saying wade is better than kobe!:rolleyes:

Its simple. Outside of our fans we're one of the most hated. They hate Riley because he's more cunning than 85% of the Presidents out there. They hate D Wade because he achieved superstar status. They hate our championship and claim it was a fluke. They just hate us. I'm not saying everybody hates us (that's obviously not true) but we're one of the most hated. And I love it, I ****in love it.

Shieldsz
07-10-2008, 06:11 PM

Miami will be greatttttt this season /saracasm

marlinsfan24
07-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Chalmers is the next MJ...mark my words!

haha jk, but he'll be a solid NBA PG

SwaggaIke
07-10-2008, 06:19 PM

Miami will be greatttttt this season /saracasm

I just died laughin at your sig.

Raptors27
07-10-2008, 06:29 PM
I just died laughin at your sig.

haha It is pretty funny all the Clips fans were sure he wasn't gonna leave. :clap:

Anyways, Chalmers is gonna be a pretty solid PG, I like the way he's been playing the the summer league.

Grifftiggs
07-10-2008, 06:31 PM
It is just rookie league right now. Earl Barron played amazing also a few years back and look at him now, but Super Mario will be great he just needs time. A **** everyone hating on Riley, they are just jealous he has everything they want...Money, SoBeach (and everything that comes wit it...girls...parties...famous athletes), Running a NBA franchise, basically everything anyone male would want and want to do. Or would you rather be stuck in Ohio, or iowa, or montana, or New Jersey!! Heat 2008-09 baby