07-09-2008, 09:06 PM
???

daleja424
07-09-2008, 09:07 PM
link???

yboord028
07-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Er....

Unless He wants a low level exception, Because the signing of Chalmers takes away from the MLE.

ATX
07-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Kwame Brown Close To Sign with the miami heat

How are you just going to throw that out there with no link?

Er...:laugh2: When I saw the new thread, that's exactly what I was thinking. Would Kwame sign for less than 2 mil a year? Seems like he could get more somewhere else. If we could get him for whatever we have left of the MLE, then sure bring him in!

There's a little nugget of info about it on hoopsworld, but it doesn't offer anything definative.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9420

ATX
07-09-2008, 09:26 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/598/story/597712.html

Another article relating to the idea of Kwame in Miami, however it's from yesterday, and says nothing about an imminent deal with Miami...

daleja424
07-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Ya... I searched google and got NOTHING relating to kwame signing here. I mean we can offer him playing time... but we cant offer more then the 1.9 BLE to him

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 09:54 PM
I think he would accept that?

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:02 PM
well I will assume b/c the poster of this thread has like 3 posts and hasnt posted a link that this is just his imagination...

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:02 PM
I think he would accept that?

depends what he's looking for. If he wants playing time he'll come here... if he wants money then he will go elsewhere...

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Man this is a bullshyt thread.

For what money? The MLE is gone, spent, not there any more.

We have the $2M lower exception left. I'm sure he will sign with us for that :rolleyes:

pimpunleashed
07-09-2008, 10:29 PM
to daleja424 3 post cuz maybe i dont spend all day here like u...people have lifes not like ur sorry *** lmao and dont mind posting back which i know u will in 2 sec cuz like i said no life

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:32 PM
to daleja424 3 post cuz maybe i dont spend all day here like u...people have lifes not like ur sorry *** lmao and dont mind posting back which i know u will in 2 sec cuz like i said no life

don't take it personal. You just came in here and posted "news" with no source and then didn't give us a link...

btw... look at my average ppd in my profile. You'll see that I average 1.77 posts a day. I am off from school now so I am posting more then usual, but whats your point?

and if I have no life and you are sitting on your computer talking to me...what does that say about you?

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 10:42 PM

When you post news on this site you are expected to provide a link as proof. Otherwise threads usually get closed, and you can even get warnings or infractions from the moderators if they think it's false rumors (not that this was so bad, but still).

pimpunleashed
07-09-2008, 10:42 PM
thats y i have 15 post ..sure u go to school or are u e.s.e

daleja424
07-09-2008, 10:47 PM
thats y i have 15 post ..sure u go to school or are u e.s.e

why are you even here? is it just to start trouble??? b/c if it is you should just leave. If you wanna actually talk basketball then do that and drop the cool guy act

ireptheheathard
07-09-2008, 10:55 PM
kwame brown stinks its annoying that the heat might have to settle for him due to a weak center free agent class this year, but i'll give him a one year deal and let him go as soon as our season ends.

Mambo Kings
07-09-2008, 11:16 PM
I think Kwame would accept peanuts for the chance at a starting job, especially to play in a great city like Miami with the likes of Wade and Beasley. I mean, seriously, this guy is a bum, Mark Blount in a different body (though probably less talented). Nonetheless, he's young and can still draw fouls with the best of 'em.

Sign him up!

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
If he really would sign for the $1.9M lower exception an additional good thing would be that those contracts only go for 2 years :D

But yeah, for that money and those years I'd take him on the team despite regarding him as a ******. I doubt he will sign for so little though.

HeatBBall
07-10-2008, 08:51 AM
I hope the Heat doesn't sign him.

uchiha
07-10-2008, 09:01 AM
I hope the Heat doesn't sign him.

why? I definitely hope that the Heat DO sign him. He would be an outstanding starting center. He can be physical and be somewhat of a presence down low and could probably work really well defensively with Haslem. There wouldn't be all of this pressure on him to score 20+ points every night and he probably could average 11 points a game or something close to that, which is exactly what we need out of the center position. And if we are able to trade Marion, and package him with Blount to fill other needs.. we wouldn't be looking too bad.

greek miami hea
07-10-2008, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=uchiha;5805241]why? I definitely hope that the Heat DO sign him. He would be an outstanding starting center. He can be physical and be somewhat of a presence down low and could probably work really well defensively with Haslem. There wouldn't be all of this pressure on him to score 20+ points every night and he probably could average 11 points a game or something close to that, which is exactly what we need out of the center position. u are right!

noturnormalhero
07-10-2008, 10:00 AM
i rather have him than blount. nuff said. yes it was a weak free agent class, ish happens. this year they aren't trying to make a championship run so it's not like they have to act quick and made trades at will just to be in a better position for that. right now they are getting pieces here and there. the Heat's focus is still 2010 IMO.

phanatik84
07-10-2008, 10:09 AM
to be honest guys, yal making kwame sound like an above average center lol
but in a big man rotation of blount, zo, kwame, udonis, and beasley, thats not to shabby to me!!! thats pretty good

shift005
07-10-2008, 11:53 AM
to be honest guys, yal making kwame sound like an above average center lol
but in a big man rotation of blount, zo, kwame, udonis, and beasley, thats not to shabby to me!!! thats pretty good

all we need is a big man to stand under the rim = k.brown

we're gonna have points coming from a ton of other players , i just want someone who can average a block or two w/ like 9 rebounds and maybe 6 pts a game.

ATX
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
If Kwame want's to sign with the Heat for the 1.9 million dollar exception we have left, then by all means we should sign him to that offer. 2 years guaranteed and like J Jones' contract, have a couple of years as a team option beyond 2010. This way we get cheap labor, and a decent defensive center. Kwame gets probably his last chance to prove he can be a starting center in the league, thus he plays harder than he has ever has before...besides I'm sure Wade can help motivate him...

yankees932
07-10-2008, 01:39 PM
"He would be an outstanding starting center."

But of a push there huh uchiha.

MiamiHeat
07-10-2008, 01:46 PM
hes young and cheap i wouldnt mind him being here

Rolla
07-10-2008, 04:31 PM
hes young and cheap i wouldnt mind him being here

Agreed

uchiha
07-10-2008, 05:04 PM
"He would be an outstanding starting center."

But of a push there huh uchiha.

our starting center right now is Blount... so no, it's not

kswissdaf
07-10-2008, 05:20 PM
i would love to sign him you cant teach height or being black

kntresistheheat
07-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Man, That's just wrong:pity:

shift005
07-10-2008, 06:07 PM

lmao , sorry it's a bit funny.:clap:

danbola
07-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Why would we want to add Kwame Brown. He is one of the biggest disappointments and draft busts ever. So what he's big. This guy has played 7 seasons in the nba, why should we expect anything different then what he's done in those 7 seasons. I've heard Riley say he wants to bring in good character guys, winners. Why bring in Kwame?

I'd rather go into the season with Joel Anthony and Haslem as center.

greek miami hea
07-11-2008, 07:39 AM
haslem cant play as a cente.and kwane>joel anthony.like u said,kwame has 7 seasons in the nba.which makes him more experienced.

daleja424
07-11-2008, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't mind Kwame at all... but he will ask for more then we can offer I think... I am currently hoping for an Okafor option pretty soon...

hey btw... also getting felton in a deal would be PERFECT b/c he will expire next summer and we can decide what we have in Chalmers and then choose whether to resign him, plus he will be an RFA so we can match offers or include him in a S/T. Getting felton/okafor would be very valuable to our team...for more then the obvious reasons...

greek miami hea
07-11-2008, 08:56 AM
can we get them?!?!and how?by trading marion?

Chi-Town Finest
07-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Is Riley trying to piss Wade off? He surely will if he signs Brown and im sure Kobe will tear into Wade's ear about Brown at USA practices. LOL

noturnormalhero
07-11-2008, 09:29 AM
I wouldn't mind Kwame at all... but he will ask for more then we can offer I think... I am currently hoping for an Okafor option pretty soon...

hey btw... also getting felton in a deal would be PERFECT b/c he will expire next summer and we can decide what we have in Chalmers and then choose whether to resign him, plus he will be an RFA so we can match offers or include him in a S/T. Getting felton/okafor would be very valuable to our team...for more then the obvious reasons...

if we got rid of Blount in this trade..i'll still take Kwame lol. i rather have him than Blount.

Felton/Chalmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook
Beasley/Wright
Okafor/Haslem
Kwame/Zo

i could live with that for this year

daleja424
07-11-2008, 09:40 AM
if we got rid of Blount in this trade..i'll still take Kwame lol. i rather have him than Blount.

Felton/Chalmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook
Beasley/Wright
Okafor/Haslem
Kwame/Zo

i could live with that for this year

Id rather play okafor at C, Beasley at PF, and split minutes for wright and jones at SF...

Deng's Rose
07-11-2008, 09:59 AM
How do yall plan on getting Okefor and Felton or Okefor and Wallace for Marion. Even if you add Haslem it is not a fair trade.

daleja424
07-11-2008, 10:14 AM
How do yall plan on getting Okefor and Felton or Okefor and Wallace for Marion. Even if you add Haslem it is not a fair trade.

1) Okafor might walk anyways...
2) They have alreday drafted Felton's eventual replacement and they will probably let walk next year if they think Augustine is ready.
3) marion will expire next year for them and if we through in something else like cook... they might rather get something now + a lot of cap space....

...Im not saying they would do it... but its not out of the question either... You are over rating Felton/Okafor a lot and underrating Mairon IMO. Marion is an all-star the other never will be...

Deng's Rose
07-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Okefor isnt going to walk; he is RESTRICTED. They can match ANY offer and i doubt anyone offers him 15mil. They said they drafted Augustine for more Depth. Dont you think that if they eveen had the slightest idea of trading Okefor that Brook would have been the pick.

kntresistheheat
07-11-2008, 10:39 AM
The bobcats dont have that much cap they could go up to 12 13mil tops...If the clipps really want him they would give 14 or 15mil and he would walk!

Okefor isnt going to walk; he is RESTRICTED. They can match ANY offer and i doubt anyone offers him 15mil. They said they drafted Augustine for more Depth. Dont you think that if they eveen had the slightest idea of trading Okefor that Brook would have been the pick.

greek miami hea
07-11-2008, 10:43 AM
1) Okafor might walk anyways...
2) They have alreday drafted Felton's eventual replacement and they will probably let walk next year if they think Augustine is ready.
3) marion will expire next year for them and if we through in something else like cook... they might rather get something now + a lot of cap space....

...Im not saying they would do it... but its not out of the question either... You are over rating Felton/Okafor a lot and underrating Mairon IMO. Marion is an all-star the other never will be...

y are right

Deng's Rose
07-11-2008, 10:49 AM
The bobcats dont have that much cap they could go up to 12 13mil tops...If the clipps really want him they would give 14 or 15mil and he would walk!

No, they can sign their own players to however much.

DaNtHeMaN628
07-11-2008, 11:17 AM
The Heat has not been among the teams to work out free-agent center Kwame Brown, with Riley saying, "I think he might be out of our [cap-space] range." ...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flspheatnote11sbjul11,0,3108236.story

bballplayer8432
07-11-2008, 12:26 PM
a rotation of blount kwame and zo isnt THAT bad..blount can shoot and maybe kwame can develop and zo of course is a defensive monster..

danbola
07-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Im glad other teams are willing to overpay for him. He is the exact opposite type of player we need on this team. He's lazy, comes into camp out of shape, bad basketball iq, always complaining, and no heart. The only slight positive is his big body, but with all the negatives why would we want him in the Heats locker room?