PDA

View Full Version : I think a potential NBA conspiracy

BurnsinPhilly
07-09-2008, 08:53 PM
When the lakers celtics and 76ers and bulls were kings of the league the league had its highest popularity and its best rivalries philly-boston philly-la la-boston. Then all those teams sucked and the league's popularity went down. Then out of nowhere Last year the lakers seemed to have stolen pau gasol in a weird way.Kept kobe when he was pist.And Rised from medicrioty.The celtics got kg and ray allen and james posey in one offseason.Worst to best in one year. While the sixers seemed to come from the dead and go on a shocking end of the year run out of nowhere. And the bulls were dissapointing. Then the Celtics and lakers renewed there rivarlry in NBA Finals.Which had the highest ratings in a long time. Then the bulls magically won the NBA lottery with like 1 to 1000 odds. And the sixers now just signed Elton Brand when he had better offers on the table(which im ****ing thrilled about.) Just all seems a bit fishy is the NBA trying to make boston philly LA and even chicago good again for the good of the league.:confused:
I dont know I just thought of it. Take it for what you want.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Theres no way this was planned..

Elton simply wanted to win, and with signed a 5 year deal, considering the Pistons are aging, and the Celtics big 3 probably has another 2 years together to be great, that leaves the 76ers having a great chance of winning.

The Bulls are going to be fighing for an 8 seed, while all the other teams you mentioned are fighting for top 4 seeds..

It's all just luck, and really has nothing to do with eachother

BurnsinPhilly
07-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Oh I know it just all seemed funny to me how it all went together so well.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 09:10 PM
The biggest conspiracy is the NBA's continuous and successfull efforts to deny Smush Parker reaching the status of becoming the unanimous #1 all time talent in the league.

07MVPPatBurrell
07-09-2008, 09:12 PM
stop complaining....

Gilbert>TheRest
07-09-2008, 11:05 PM
hows dat rigged? da grizzles were dumbasses and traded gasol

PrymaL
07-10-2008, 12:24 AM
I really do think that the NBA WILL plan things out to improve a team as long as it means more ratings, cmon no one in the right mind would do that gasol trade, cap space or no cap space. All in all I think the NBA did plan something out to get Lakers and Celtics in the finals again after all those horrible finals, after all its a business..

raptors_516
07-10-2008, 01:00 AM
The biggest conspiracy is the NBA's continuous and successfull efforts to deny Smush Parker reaching the status of becoming the unanimous #1 all time talent in the league.

lol

blackjack_119
07-10-2008, 03:50 AM
When the lakers celtics and 76ers and bulls were kings of the league the league had its highest popularity and its best rivalries philly-boston philly-la la-boston. Then all those teams sucked and the league's popularity went down. Then out of nowhere Last year the lakers seemed to have stolen pau gasol in a weird way.Kept kobe when he was pist.And Rised from medicrioty.The celtics got kg and ray allen and james posey in one offseason.Worst to best in one year. While the sixers seemed to come from the dead and go on a shocking end of the year run out of nowhere. And the bulls were dissapointing. Then the Celtics and lakers renewed there rivarlry in NBA Finals.Which had the highest ratings in a long time. Then the bulls magically won the NBA lottery with like 1 to 1000 odds. And the sixers now just signed Elton Brand when he had better offers on the table(which im ****ing thrilled about.) Just all seems a bit fishy is the NBA trying to make boston philly LA and even chicago good again for the good of the league.:confused:

Your conspiracy would be correct if its one assumption were true... that Minnesota, Memphis and the Clippers were well-run organizations (or even mediocre organizations) The fact is, these deals were made because the organizations are terrible. Was their a conspiracy that lead to Minnesota trading Brandon Roy for Randy Foye? No. Was there a conspiracy that they drafted Ndudi Ebi? No. Is it a conspiracy that the Clippers have never been able to retain a franchise player? No.

You are talking about three of the worst run organizations in the league. If only Chicago could make a trade with the Knicks... then your theory would be complete, because, like all trades the Knicks make, they get fleeced by the other team.

SDBearsFan
07-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Listen, as a die-hard Bulls fan, I'll have to say, I've though about this same thing myself. First the whole ref-betting scandal, and now the Bulls landing Derrick Rose, a home grown hero?

On the other hand, who cares. It could just be luck, too.

Da Bulls.

b530
07-10-2008, 04:42 AM

LOL

Faneik
07-10-2008, 09:04 AM

LOL!!! Are you serious?!!

The conspiracy is on Scalabrine!!

frizbo72
07-10-2008, 09:10 AM
The concpiracy is in the refs. I quit watching NBA and started watching NCAA because I couldn't handle it any more.

theimortalone
07-10-2008, 09:12 AM

The only conspiricy is the refs. Other then that the NBA is 100% real. This is the world of the NBA anything can happen.

CORY_RITCH
07-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Theres no way this was planned..

Elton simply wanted to win, and with signed a 5 year deal, considering the Pistons are aging, and the Celtics big 3 probably has another 2 years together to be great, that leaves the 76ers having a great chance of winning.

The Bulls are going to be fighing for an 8 seed, while all the other teams you mentioned are fighting for top 4 seeds..

It's all just luck, and really has nothing to do with eachother

THE BULLS ARE GOING TO FIGHTING FOR AN 8 SEED??????????? WOW YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT.......THEY WERE FIGHTING FOR AN 8 SEED LAST YEAR AFTER FIRING SKILES, THE CONTRACT ISSUES WITH DENG AND GORDON, THE TRADE IN FEBRUARY AND WITHOUT DERRICK ROSE................... SO HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU COME UP WITH THEY'LL BE FIGHTING FOR AN 8 SPOT?????

midwestmadman
07-10-2008, 09:51 AM
LOL!!! Are you serious?!!

The conspiracy is on Scalabrine!!

I don't want to be one of those people but it is actually Will Perdue, the league mandated that he can only play 5 minutes per game or it is just unfair to the opponnets. It's a good thing for Phil, MJ, Scottie, & Horace Grant that he was in Chicago in the early 90's and they got to ride his coat tails!

WWWPD (What Would Will Perdue Do?) a question you could always ask yourself when you are presented with one of lifes big challenges, l listen up I am giving ya pearls here.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-10-2008, 09:54 AM
THE BULLS ARE GOING TO FIGHTING FOR AN 8 SEED??????????? WOW YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT.......THEY WERE FIGHTING FOR AN 8 SEED LAST YEAR AFTER FIRING SKILES, THE CONTRACT ISSUES WITH DENG AND GORDON, THE TRADE IN FEBRUARY AND WITHOUT DERRICK ROSE................... SO HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU COME UP WITH THEY'LL BE FIGHTING FOR AN 8 SPOT?????

Well dumbass, have you thought about all the other teams that are improving, and how your probably going to lose Gordon and you lost Duhon?

Bucks, Heat, 76ers, Raptors, Pacers, have all improved.

You guys got Rose, he will mainly help you next year, not this up coming year.

I won't argue because it's pointless, but you guys havn't improved at all, and almost every EC team has.

Bubba313
07-10-2008, 10:09 AM
If the conspiracy was is true then the knicks will be an elite team this year because they attract major ratings, which isn't happening.

marques724
07-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Gasol trade was about cap space. Chicago will at best be a seventh or eight seed. I highly doubt anything is rigged

sep11ie
07-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Let me guess... 9/11 was set-up too.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-10-2008, 10:45 AM

The East got so much better.............Did you see their record last year when Bulls were fighting for 8th seed?? 33-49 became their final record thats not even going to cut it close next year.

mamba24
07-10-2008, 11:06 AM

greatest point guard of all time...:laugh:

NJrockPD
07-10-2008, 11:09 AM

You know what drives me crazy, when people type things like dat, da, and wut. Come on man just add the extra letter and stop making yourself look like a dumb ***. Also the Bulls would probablly be lucky to get the 8 seed, they need some sort of star and ben gordon is not doing it for me.

(And yes I am a Bulls fan, call me a hater but i'm just being honest)

Musical Tempo
07-10-2008, 11:19 AM
naw who really wants to play for the clippers. Baron Davis because he though maggette and elton would stay, and he wanted to be close to fame, in hollywood with his whole movie business.

clearly beasley is killing the summer league even though he isnt 100% showing he is a star in the making while rose is just another top draft pick as of yet.

there is no conspiracy only facts... and the facts are, the clippers are a horrible team(sorry clipper fans) and they got A holed for another good 5-10 years if you guys get lucky you might land that kid who is like 11 year's old and can do more then i could and im a grown man lol

2nd fact is elton is a sure competitor (i'm a renewed fan) he left the better contract money wise and took the contender contract, clearly is a competitor over a cheque collector gotta give him props, shows true love for the game.

BurnsinPhilly
07-10-2008, 11:43 AM
9-11 was set up in a way too.

ackar
07-10-2008, 11:51 AM

From a business tsand point the NBA wish they wree this good. Meaning it is nice to think about but there are no gaureentees so NO.

_Sn1P3r_
07-10-2008, 05:51 PM

Lmao.

marlinsfan24
07-10-2008, 05:57 PM
9-11 was set up in a way too.

It was. Look how much money Bush made since then, and how much everyone else lost

Anyways, tho. You guys forget the NBA is a business. I wouldn't be surprised to find out its rigged at all

CORY_RITCH
07-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Well dumbass, have you thought about all the other teams that are improving, and how your probably going to lose Gordon and you lost Duhon?

Bucks, Heat, 76ers, Raptors, Pacers, have all improved.

You guys got Rose, he will mainly help you next year, not this up coming year.

I won't argue because it's pointless, but you guys havn't improved at all, and almost every EC team has.

1. The Pacers improved??? lololololol by giving away jermaine o'neal??? your an idiot

2. The bucks improved??? by getting richard jefferson??? your an idiot

3. we lost duhon lololololololol oh yea thats why we're gonna miss the playoffs, because we lost duhon, the future magic johnson lolololol your an idiot

4. you said almost EVERY eastern conference team improved, but the bulls aint one and you only could name 5 when theres 16 teams??? your an idiot

5. The bulls haven't improved at all???? lolololol no your right i heard that derrick rose guy sucks, alot of people said he should have been drafted in the 2nd round lolololol so let me get this right, we replace chris duhon with DERRICK ROSE and we didnt improve at all????? your an idiot

do everybody on this site a favor and quit making posts, you dont have the proper basketball knowledge to speak on these subjects go do some research and try again