PDA

View Full Version : Villanueva: think about it...

masalex1205
07-09-2008, 08:42 PM
So this might sound a little crazy at first I know a lot of people might have a bad impression of him, but what about the Cats making a go at getting Charlie Villanueva from the Bucks

Trust me, this just is making the best of the situation that MJ gave us (&$#% it, why the $&* didn't you pick Lopez?) but we need at least one more big guy

Villanueva's offensive game could mesh well w/ the defensive Okafor although he's not known for his defensive ability. Villanueva came on and started playing really well toward the end of the season. he averages 12 ppg and 6 rpg

Also, the Bucks are looking to move him, they might actually be forced to w/ recent draft picks and the recent hiring of Scott Skiles. They might even be alittle desperate and we might be able to get him for cheap like maybe getting that bum Sean May out of here.

Anyway, that's that and if you don't like it then why don't you suggest a way to get another big man

JakeDelbreezy
07-09-2008, 08:55 PM
I don't think Charlie Villanueva is that bad of a player. He's put up 12pts and 6 boards for his career so you know what you get.. I guess the question I have with it is A) Who would you give up? the bucks have Richard Jefferson, Michael Redd on the perimeter along with Desmond Mason (not to mention they drafted Joe Alexander and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute) and Mo Williams and Charlie Bell at the PG position. So Wallace or Felton probably wouldn't help them out too much..and B) would you put Okafor at the 5 and let Villanueva play the 4 or would you just bring Villanueva off the bench? And to be honest I don't know of many solutions to get a big man...I personally want the Bobcats to keep Felton....

DerekRE_3
07-09-2008, 09:19 PM
It's worth a shot for the right price. I wouldn't give up Felton for Charlie V though.

DerekRE_3
07-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh and by the way, thanks JakeDelbreezy and masalex for making the Bobcats forum more active lately. I hope you guys stay active, you guys are good posters.

3-K
07-10-2008, 10:45 AM
c-vil is sick last yr he fell of from his rookie yr but he was not bad he is a real good player i think we aim 4 him we should offer:

sean may n earl boykins
for
c-vil

wat do u think about this trade

DerekRE_3
07-10-2008, 01:34 PM
I would do that but Boykins is a Free Agent so it would have to be a sign and trade.

JakeDelbreezy
07-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Villanueva would be a nice pick up but I don't think the Bucks would want any of our guys...It seems Felton, Wallace and Okafor are our movable parts (although I'd like to keep them all)...the Bucks are set at Point and on Wing players and trading Okafor for Villanueva is counterproductive...I think in the end if the Bobcats are to end up with a big it will be just a serviceable guy...someone like Joe Smith or of that ilk...no one great...the "biggest" name I keep hearing (or reading I should say) is Marcus Camby...he would be a good fit but if it cost us Okafor then again it would be counterproductive...

Manny Paplfavre
07-10-2008, 10:24 PM
I think the only player the Bucks would trade for would be Okafer (in a sign and trade). The problem is, they'd almost have to include Mo Williams in the deal to balance out the contracts (unless you'd a want a combination of Gadzurac, D Mason and/or Charlie Bell). And you guys are already stacked at pg (although Williams could play a small sg). I'm sure they'd throw in a future first as well.

homestarunner93
07-11-2008, 01:13 AM
Well, it kinda ruins the purpose to trade Okafor. Remember, he was a college teammate of Villanueva and that worked out well for them. I think they would be a nice combo at the 4 and 5.

Havoc52
07-11-2008, 03:14 AM
I really like Villanueva but like it was said earlier not sure who they would want from us. They are stacked at the wing positions just like us. Unless they would take wallace which i hate to say cause he is my favorite Bobcat. they would have to include a pick with it though. I doubt the money would match. The reason i say wallace is his name has came up several times and he could play several positions.

29$JerZ
07-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Charlie would have been a good option to lookat IF we drafted Brook instead or D.J.

We Really need another Center to help Okafor, one who can score.
Sad that there really isn't any Scoring Center's in the league that you can just find :(

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Charlie would have been a good option to lookat IF we drafted Brook instead or D.J.

We Really need another Center to help Okafor, one who can score.
Sad that there really isn't any Scoring Center's in the league that you can just find :(

Maybe Nenad Kristic.. (I don't know just throwing a idea out there). Charlie plays a lot like a big SF. I'm not sure he would solve any problem besides being a offensive lift (I'm not sure if that is a Bobcat need).

DerekRE_3
07-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Nenad Kristic is a talented guy and could become expendable since the Nets drafted Ryan Anderson and Brook Lopez. But with his injury history, I don't think he is a guy that the Bobcats would target.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Nenad Kristic is a talented guy and could become expendable since the Nets drafted Ryan Anderson and Brook Lopez. But with his injury history, I don't think he is a guy that the Bobcats would target.

Was the injury serious I don't remember? If it wasn't he still could be that solid big man before the injury, Kristic has had several injuries though which would involve taking a risk if the Bobcats did want to go after him. I am not sure of any other PF/C who could be a nice fit alongside Okafor that are available.

JakeDelbreezy
07-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Was the injury serious I don't remember?

He tore his left ACL in december 2k6...then tried to come back too early in 2K7 and only played 45 games...averaged 6.6 points, 4.4 boards...

IndiansFan337
07-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Villanueva is soft.

I think Larry Brown would make him cry so much that it would make Adam Morrison look like tough guy.

He wouldn't fit Brown's style at all.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
07-11-2008, 04:25 PM
He tore his left ACL in december 2k6...then tried to come back too early in 2K7 and only played 45 games...averaged 6.6 points, 4.4 boards...

Ok. Then I would take Kristic off the list..

29$JerZ
07-12-2008, 08:21 PM
The only scoring Centers who come to my mind are

Brook Lopez
Nenad
Zaza Pachulia (More of a Rebounder then a Scorer)
Robert Swift - But he sucks and is soft

Some Defensive Centers who are good for us are

Steven Hunter
Johan Petro

Good Centers are hard to find

DerekRE_3
07-13-2008, 03:40 AM
Could have just drafted Brook Lopez...:pity: