PDA

View Full Version : So who do you think is the Next Gm?

UCLADodger
07-09-2008, 08:35 PM
You know its bad if IM saying Ned is gone. But in light of all of the articles saying that Management has gone over his head... and all of the bad FA signings he has made... I think we can all agree that the writing is on the wall.

So my friends... Who is the next GM?

A case can obviously made for Kim or Logan. Maybe there is someone else outside that you think is coming in? Who do we all think will be the next GM of the Dodgers?

UCLADodger
07-09-2008, 08:39 PM
My opinion on this matter is well documented.....

The Dodgers have a rich history in breaking barriers. In ALL facets of their organization. I think that this is a fastball down Franks wheelhouse and he is licking his chops to be known as the Owner to hire the first Female GM. Articles have started to pop up and I think that he respects her advice.

Logan is seen as a drafting wizard and can in affect be given Assistant GM responsibilities even if Kim is given GM status....

But that is just my .02.

THINKBLUE15
07-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Kim, without question. We need Logan to find the young talent. Simple as that.

mcpeepants23200
07-09-2008, 08:44 PM
White, If he can acquire that much talent from the draft imagine what he could do in free agency and trades/

butterfingers37
07-09-2008, 09:04 PM
You can pretty much make a case for either. However, I voted for Ng because of the background she has. I'm not talking about her ethnicity or anything, I'm talking about her affiliation with the last championship run of the Yanks (1998-2000). In addition, she's held various other front office positions while with the White Sox.

In contrast, White's experience seems only to be tied with scouting (outside of the Dodgers).

Statik1
07-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Kim deserves it ! How long has she been waiting for this??? Toooooo long if you ask me! They should of gave it to her b4 Dead Head Colleti!

Blue Thunder
07-09-2008, 09:27 PM
The Dodgers haven't had a solid GM since Fred Claire. All the GMs since Claire have ruined this team one way or the other. I'm all for the breaking of barriers and giving Kim NG the job. She could be just what the Dodgers need when it comes to a GM. All the dudes have failed miserably: Malone, Depo, Dan Evans and all the rest. Now it's time for a woman to be in charge making all the moves for your Los Angeles Dodgers. For my Los Angeles Dodgers.

Az_Dodgers_Fan
07-10-2008, 01:01 AM
if they hire Kim as the GM, White needs to be paid like one. He's the single most important person in the management right now.

c2thab
07-10-2008, 01:07 AM
To tell you the truth I dont really care who it is as long as the new GM doesnt fak up the team like the previous handful of them have!

BlueMouse
07-10-2008, 01:10 AM
I gotta go with White. He's the brains behind our great scouting and young players. He's even the guy who wanted Kuroda. That's what I want in a GM first and foremost, an eye for talent.

GHGHCP
07-10-2008, 01:12 AM
I would rather keep White with us as GM, more of a chance for him to get snagged away if he is an assistant.

UCLADodger
07-10-2008, 01:17 AM
wow... 27 votes... havent seen that many in a while.... pretty close too!

N.Z's #1 Dodger
07-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Where's the keep Ned option?!?

dodgers07champs
07-10-2008, 01:38 AM
Where's the keep Ned option?!?

Go check the Giants forum.

LAdiablo
07-10-2008, 01:46 AM
pay them the same with co gm titles. but give them different responsibilities. however if its all or nothing and one is going to leave i go with white.
but if white is ok with assistant role ng is solid and i would love to see it.
this is a tough one.
but i think its pretty easy to see neds days are numbered.

Shawh
07-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Interesting idea Devil, and it would probably work. They'd both be fantastic choices if we had to choose one. I'd go with White, he's always done what's best for the Dodgers and is great with the farm.

darth550
07-10-2008, 02:17 AM
I hope Ned can pull a rabbit out and regain some cred for two reasons:

1. He started out with lots of promise by backing down Boras and by coming off as a true baseball guy....

2. I'd rather see more long term stability being built for the sake of the franchise.

As far as the thread goes, I think Logan will take the next train out if he's passed over for anyone else.

AllTheWay
07-10-2008, 02:27 AM
Hey, check out this interview with Ned recently, it has some good stuff, but he still won't own up to a couple bad signings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

southerndodgerf
07-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Very clever....

boeman
07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Why can't we have both? If the rumors are true that the FO is divided, it's pretty obvious that it's Colletti on one side and White/Ng on the other. Why not make them co-GMs?

USCTROJANS21
07-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Why can't we have both? If the rumors are true that the FO is divided, it's pretty obvious that it's Colletti on one side and White/Ng on the other. Why not make them co-GMs?

uh...i'm pretty sure Diablo stated this same thing a few posts ago :)

USCTROJANS21
07-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Like others have said before..if there was any risk and losing one if they were not made GM..i'd have to go with White..i just can't imagine not having him bringing in the youngsters. And i'm sure if he was made GM he would still be plenty involved with whoever takes over those duties.

So I'm going to go with White regis..and that's my final answer.

BlueMouse
07-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Would "outside option" include dave from PSD? If so, I would like to change my answer.

swells2048
07-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Would "outside option" include dave from PSD? If so, I would like to change my answer.

That would be great.

He would trade Loonie, Kenp, Kershank, and Larocke for Uggla and Ramirez.

When the Marlins got what we traded to them they'd be pissed because they received

Bill Loonie, plumber, Deluth
Frank Kenp, unemployed, El Paso
Larry Kershank, retired Navy officer, Sheboygan
Hank Larocke, bartender Albany

Of course Dave shrewdly signed these guys the day before. It would be the greatest trade in history.

Lettuce137
07-10-2008, 12:37 PM
There is too much good publicity for McCourt to pass up by not making Ng Gm.

darth550
07-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Of course Dave shrewdly signed these guys the day before. It would be the greatest trade in history.

Um, didn't you mean shroodly? :)

nme
07-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I get the allure of hiring Ng, especially from the whole publicity standpoint, however White means far more to this team.

In several interviews, the "kids" (Loney, Bills, Martin, etc) have all sited how instrumental White has been in their lives, almost like a second father (I believe Loney called him a second father). When was the last time any Dodger FO personality had that kind of report with the players? I think White binds this team together for the long term. Sure, we lose one of the best scouts in baseball, but we very well may gain one of the best GMs in baseball. And White will always have an eye for talent.

IBleedBlue15
07-11-2008, 04:01 AM
All I know about White is that he praises the young talent. Which, I'm not into. I don't know much about Ng. I want a general manager that wants to turn the Dodgers around, not wait five years.

UCLADodger
07-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Saw Ned tonight... told him hi and that we loved him :) oops :)

BlueMouse
07-12-2008, 02:34 AM
Saw Ned tonight... told him hi and that we loved him :) oops :)

I'm voting you off the island.

Bama
07-12-2008, 09:45 AM
I would rather keep White with us as GM, more of a chance for him to get snagged away if he is an assistant.

Logan White as GM brings us back to the Al Campanis days. Al was the best scout in the orginization and was given the GM position in order to keep him from leaving in case some one else was hired as GM.

Bama
07-12-2008, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't mind getting Dan Evans to come back

bigboyblu
07-12-2008, 12:38 PM
the next Gm should be... ME!!!
jk probly Logan white just because he is an amazing scout and great scouts useally make great GMs ala Billy Bean, Indians GM(dont know his name).
Not to take anything away from Kim Ng I just think White would be a better choice.

bigboyblu
07-12-2008, 12:39 PM
the next Gm should be... ME!!!
jk probly Logan white just because he is an amazing scout and great scouts useally make great GMs ala Billy Bean, Indians GM(dont know his name).
Not to take anything away from Kim Ng I just think White would be a better choice.

BlueZoo
07-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Brian Seacrest?