PDA

View Full Version : AC to sign 1 yr/ 1.26 mil

avsman05
07-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Well we have AC and Atkins again hmm. trade bait maybe.... hopefullly..... doubt it!

Anthony Carter is returning to the Nuggets.

The free-agent point guard told the Rocky Mountain News on Wednesday he will sign a one-year deal for the NBA minimum of $1.26 million. Carter said he will either sign his contract Wednesday or Thursday when he goes to Las Vegas to do some work with the Nuggets’ summer league team.

“I like Denver,’’ Carter said. “It’s somewhere I’m comfortable with. I just think that we have a chance to do some good things in the playoffs.’’

Carter had sought a multi-year contract, but was told by the luxury-tax strapped Nuggets last weekend that he wouldn’t be offered that. Carter said his agent, Bill Duffy, told him that New York looked willing to offer a contract, possibly one worth $1.9 million for next season, but Carter said he wanted to stay in Denver.

“I wanted a multi-year contract, but you’ve got to look at the situation here,’’ said Carter, who made his final decision this morning. “I’m happy in Denver. I’m ready to work my butt off.’’

Carter became the starting point guard last season when Chucky Atkins got injured, and surprisingly averaged 7.8 points and 5.5 assists. Atkins has vowed to be this season’s starter.

“I’m coming in looking to start,’’ said Carter, 33, a nine-year veteran. “But it’s going to be a battle. Having both of us will give us lot of firepower.’’

TWednesday is the first day that free agents can sign contracts.

Crunchy12489
07-09-2008, 08:00 PM
If AC starts, I'm not going to be much of a Denver fan anymore...

Because we'd be screwed and the point of rooting for them would be pointless....

Nugget Tony
07-09-2008, 09:52 PM
This scrub better ride the bench.....what a joke....what are we doing this off season....can anyone xplain it to me?????

broncsnugzbrave
07-09-2008, 11:24 PM
WTF still no point guard in Denver we are going to waste our last year with AI and not get out of the first round and then in a few years it will be goodbye Melo and the nugz will be **** once again with no title.

Game_Over
07-10-2008, 12:19 AM
:sigh:

Crunchy12489
07-10-2008, 12:37 AM
:sigh:

I know how you feel.

But I'm hoping that the Front Office only did this to include him in a package for a trade.

If not, you can count us out of the playoffs/1st round of the playoffs.

DenButsu
07-10-2008, 01:30 AM
It's all in the usage.

I've said this before, but if there is a real problem with this signing, it's not the signing itself, but the fact (or probability) that Karl will want to play him more than he should be played.

AC is a great deal at the vets minimum for a backup point guard. There's just no way in hell he should be a starter, or average more than say 8, 10, maybe 12 max minutes a game.

We'll need 13 bodies on the roster, and he's not a bad one to have there, but that's only true if he's not overplayed.

To me, this doesn't ease the pressure of the Nuggets FO in their point guard search - it ratchets it up, because we need a true starter caliber guy there to bury Chucky and AC down further in the depth chart where they belong.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-10-2008, 02:04 AM
Why doesnt denver go after Earl boykins again? hes a FA... and he knows the system. as a backup of course not as our primary PG. maybe after we get livingston. or Kirk orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Baron Davis :)

DenButsu
07-10-2008, 02:13 AM
Why doesnt denver go after Earl boykins again?

We already have him - his name is Chucky Atkins.

And because we already now have no starter, but we have two backup pgs - we don't need a third.

And because he's Earl Boykins, and he's under 6 feet tall, so Karl would play him.

denversgm
07-10-2008, 02:16 AM
i think the nuggets should seriously look at making a move now for baron with ofcourse a sign and trade

Crunchy12489
07-10-2008, 03:59 AM
i think the nuggets should seriously look at making a move now for baron with ofcourse a sign and trade

I so agree with this man.

He may want to move Allen Iverson, but Baron Davis and AI got respect for each other.

BD will elevate EVERYONE's game on this team.

Since JR wants more money (apparently), I say we send:

JR Smith
Chucky Atkins/AC
2009 First Rounder

For:

Baron Davis

You think we could still keep our 2009 First rounder? Or should we include that as well?

I wonder if this is even possible.

Can you imagine:

The "-" means switching out respectively.

BD/Chucky
AI/Sonny Weems-Bobby Jones.. AI handles high minutes pretty well...
Melo/LK-Najera
Nene/K-Mart
Camby/Steven Hunter

Or do you guys think we should keep JR? I'd rather have BD over JR. But I'd love to keep JR if we can't get Baron Davis.

DenButsu
07-10-2008, 04:02 AM
Or do you guys think we should keep JR?

Yes.

fly boy
07-10-2008, 08:45 AM
im still sticking with my choice that the nuggets should really try hard at getting shaun livingston he's better than ac and ca even coming from that injury and he would be a good starter for this team

Broncs4Life
07-10-2008, 01:06 PM
I talked to coach (George) Karl, and he said they're looking to bring back pretty much the same team as last year," Nuggets point guard Anthony Carter said Wednesday about a Tuesday conversation he had with Denver's head coach.

Please tell me we aren't going to see the exact lineup, minus possibly Najera who provided a spark off the bench & Kuba who didn't do much, but held the bench down with ease! :bang:
They cannot go into the season with AC as their starter again. I don't have an issue with him being on the roster, but he cannot be the guy, especially if this team ever wants to get out of the 1st round.
I am frustrated, I mean I know there is a lot of time left in the offseason, but other teams are and have improved and Denver sits here doing nothing. :sigh:

kenny922
07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
im still sticking with my choice that the nuggets should really try hard at getting shaun livingston he's better than ac and ca even coming from that injury and he would be a good starter for this team

i co-sign u on this one buddy livingston would be a perfect fit and the clips droped even trying to resign him so we should get em

DJiC
07-10-2008, 03:11 PM
ok so the clippers lost brand/magg...right? and its a possibility they might lose davis too so i believe theyll make a strong push for livingston now that they have NOONE......and if neither of them signs with the clippers i say make a strong push for BOTH! livingston would be such a great perimeter defender off the bench for us and bdavis would be awesome on our team.....trade atkins/hunter for livingston(S&T approx 3mil) and then trade camby/kleiza/najera(S&T) for bdavis and we can still sign someone maybe like biedrins O_o if that is possible at all

jeff86
07-10-2008, 07:09 PM
im rooting for the bobcats if i dont see anything happen with this team that excites me