PDA

View Full Version : Some Obama voters really demean him

FanofCubs
07-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I am not an Obama voter for President. For the record I think he may make a good President but he needs more experience and his way too far to the left for me. I feel with experience he'd move closer to the center.

But what bothers me is how some of his supporters demean him by calling every McCain voter a racist just because they are voting for McCain.

When they do they demean their candidate. they say they have nothing to go on but calling McCain a racist. Stick up for your candidate don't just say hope and change speak out on his policies.

And please don't misunderstand. I know there are racists who are voting for McCain. But there are also people only voting for Obama because he's black and that's not any better. And people who didn't vote for Hillary because she's a woman. And people who don't want McCain because he served in the military.

JHG722
07-09-2008, 07:31 PM
That's some of the stupidest **** I've ever heard. These people should not be allowed to vote. Maybe they've never heard of political parties?

FanofCubs
07-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Go to any political forum and you'll see Obama voters saying you're racist if you don't support Obama. I've seen it on here but not as much.

Mostly it is all this hope and change rhetoric from people who have no clue what he'd do to bring it about.

JHG722
07-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Show me where anyone here said that...

DenButsu
07-09-2008, 07:49 PM
A number of supporters of any candidate you look at are going to be "stupid", "a-holes", "idiots", etc.

Those percentages look greater or smaller depending on how critically you're viewing the voters and which side you yourself support (naturally, Obama supporters can't imagine why McCain supporters could vote for him, and McCain supporters can't imagine why Obama supporters would vote for him - not across the board, of course, but to a large extent).

The fact is, as a nation, we are one highly flawed, uneducated bunch of voters.

For example:

--Only 2 in 5 voters can name the three branches of the federal government.

--Nearly half (49%) of Americans think the president has the authority to suspend the Constitution.

--Only 1 in 7 can find Iraq on a map.

--A majority (70%) continued to believe that Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11, even after the 9/11 Commission reported that the claim was groundless.

--Only 1 in 5 know that there are 100 federal senators.

--Only one-fifth of Americans between ages 18-34 bother to keep up with current events.bobedwardsradio.com (http://www.bobedwardsradio.com/blog/2008/7/7/rick-shenkman-and-the-truth-about-the-american-voter.html)

When you're looking at numbers like "only 1 in 7", then you're looking at the right, the left, and everybody in between holding significant shares in the voter ignorance business.

More importantly, creating threads that are basically designed to bash one candidate's supporters is against the rules here (please read them (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224501)), which is why this thread is closed.