PDA

View Full Version : What is the chance Danilo will be better than Derrick Rose.

Yung N Fly
07-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I dont know but i think Danilo has the potential to be the next Dirk Nowitzki with better Handles and quickness and more athleticism and Derrick Rose is already looking like another Jay Williams and boy would that suck for the Bulls.

Hustla23
07-09-2008, 07:29 PM
None of us has a clue who will be better at this point. Who knows? Maybe Danilo can become Dirk with toughness and become MVP . We all can hope lol.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-09-2008, 07:31 PM
that's funny.....but it is hard to compare a pg to a sf,lets just say if the rooster turns out to be a star all the gm's that pick before us will look foolish and we will start getting our respect back in the league on knowing how to run a organization.

Hustla23
07-09-2008, 07:33 PM
that's funny.....but it is hard to compare a pg to a sf,lets just say if the rooster turns out to be a star all the gm's that pick before us will look foolish and we will start getting our respect back in the league on knowing how to run a organization.

Micheal Beasley was 1 for 14 today with SEVEN fouls in today's summer league game LOL.

If Rose and him become a bust along with Mayo and Kevin Love and Westbrook, and Danilo is the only one in the top 10 to become an all star, can you imagine how much respect we'd get ;)

gotham
07-09-2008, 07:49 PM
I have a feeling Beasley will become another Zach Randolph. Rose will be alright but I dont think he will turn into a better Chris Paul/ D. Williams. I really like Mayo and I think he would have thrived with us but I dont think he is going to mesh well with Gay because he is going from Da Man to a sidekick in a small market. Westbrook will be just ok on offense and above average on D. And I can't shake the feeling that Danilo is going to suprise alot of people.......Myself included. But I strongly believe he will thrive once we get rid of Randolph and improve our atmosphere. We need to shake that losing culture that surrounds the Knicks. Honestly, I only have youtube to base Danillo off of but his poise at the draft showed me that he knew we were booing him because we didn't know any better and he going to earn our respect.

grkmaster
07-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Better chance than the Mets trade Ollie, Heilman, and Havens for Dontrelle and Thames :p Jokin

westcoasteagle
07-09-2008, 08:44 PM
I dont know but i think Danilo has the potential to be the next Dirk Nowitzki with better Handles and quickness and more athleticism and Derrick Rose is already looking like another Jay Williams and boy would that suck for the Bulls.

The 2008 draft reminds me a lot of the 1998 draft:

1. Michael Olowokandi
2. Mike Bibby
3. Raef LaFrentz
4. Antawn Jamison
5. Vince Carter
6. Robert Traylor
7. Jason Williams
8. Larry Hughes
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Paul Pierce

There are some excellent college players, like Jamison, LaFrentz and Carter. The European went late, because he was under the radar. But wouldn't the Clippers, who took Olowokandi, want to re-draft this again? Even the teams that drafted Bibby and Jamison, while they became borderline all-stars, would probably rather have Dirk.

I think Rose/Beasley are going to be borderline all-stars, like Bibby and Jamison. Danilo has a chance to be better, though. We'll see.

Maggarielle
07-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Umm, I'm a hardcore Knicks fan too, but c'mon he's not going to be better than Rose.

javaid64
07-09-2008, 08:59 PM
I don't think highly of Rose as a future HOF. Beasly is the sure fire future superstar or at worst a allstar. I really don't see rose as monster player. He's not better than how Marbury, Iverson were when they when to college and the beginning of thier career. He doesn't play as great as paul. He's at best a Deron William with a better inside game and with lower assists.
Danillo is a project as I'm highly doubtful about him too. I think with any other coach he will be few years away from playing significant minutes so he he got lucky we have Dan'toni as our coach.
Danillo is gonna be good but i don't think he'll be great. same goes for rose. I think Danillo will do better because we will make him the star and he will eventaully be our go to guy. Rose has too much competition and will have to share and spotlight with most of the other people in the lineup

stoopboy45
07-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Rose is already out hurt!!!! Knee tendenidous!!!!!

KnicksFan4Years
07-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Rose is going to take longer to develop.

Gallinari has a big edge on him in terms of polish and experience.

Beasley also has a lot of polish to his game. Beasley's attitude reminds me of Shaq when he came into the league--very cocky and behaving like a rock star. I still can't believe that Riley wanted to trade him.

Beasley was probably bored that second game. The first game I think he wanted to make a statement since Rose was selected ahead of him. For Beasley, being selected second is probably the best thing that could have happened to him. It gives him incentive to prove that he was the best in the draft.

But I digress.

I think to really look at what they will be we have to look at their worst case, not best case.

Rose worst case is Gary Payton with less offensive skill.
Gallinari worst case is Kieth Van Horn with better handle.

That projects Rose as only slightly better than Gallinari and since front court players have a higher value in the league than guards, it renders them 50/50. In the end, I think the Bulls drafted for need and not best player available.

Just like last year, Durant was the best player, but Oden was chosen first because of his size.

still a fan
07-09-2008, 10:56 PM
guys i wouldn't go praising Donnie that high because of our pick Danilo,

Remember he would have chosen Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Westbrook, Danilo, in that order.

Lets hope it real soon we can really give him credit for picking him 6th, not trading the pick, when everyone thought he was going to the Nets at 10, or possibly not coming to the US at all!!

KnicksFan4Years
07-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Yes, but Westbrook was more because of need and they viewed the talent of Westbrook equal to Gallinari. Not because Westbrook was strictly the better player.

still a fan
07-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Yes, but Westbrook was more because of need and they viewed the talent of Westbrook equal to Gallinari. Not because Westbrook was strictly the better player.

true, my point was we can't crown Donnie and say the others made bad decisions, because no matter what Danilo was still the 5th choice.

Yung N Fly
07-09-2008, 11:28 PM

thats why i said he look like the next jay williams but i do think he will be a good player (not great) probally like a mike bibby type player tony parker if lucky but it would be funny for the bulls

and i think 3 years from know 1-5 the best players in this draft will be
1.Michael Beasley
2.OJ Mayo
3.Danilo Gallinari :p
4.Eric Gordon
5.Derrick Rose

SLY WILLIAMS
07-09-2008, 11:45 PM
The Rooster is the next next next Larry Bird. ;)

TMoney3
07-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Rose is going to take longer to develop.

Gallinari has a big edge on him in terms of polish and experience.

Beasley also has a lot of polish to his game. Beasley's attitude reminds me of Shaq when he came into the league--very cocky and behaving like a rock star. I still can't believe that Riley wanted to trade him.

Beasley was probably bored that second game. The first game I think he wanted to make a statement since Rose was selected ahead of him. For Beasley, being selected second is probably the best thing that could have happened to him. It gives him incentive to prove that he was the best in the draft.

But I digress.

I think to really look at what they will be we have to look at their worst case, not best case.

Rose worst case is Gary Payton with less offensive skill.
Gallinari worst case is Kieth Van Horn with better handle.

That projects Rose as only slightly better than Gallinari and since front court players have a higher value in the league than guards, it renders them 50/50. In the end, I think the Bulls drafted for need and not best player available.

Just like last year, Durant was the best player, but Oden was chosen first because of his size.
No matter how you view the importance of front court players and guards you can't say that Rose would only be slightly better if he turns out to be as good as the glove and Gallinari Van Horn. Van Horn retired at what?? age 31??

KnicksFan4Years
07-09-2008, 11:48 PM
thats why i said he look like the next jay williams but i do think he will be a good player (not great) probally like a mike bibby type player tony parker if lucky but it would be funny for the bulls

and i think 3 years from know 1-5 the best players in this draft will be
1.Michael Beasley
2.OJ Mayo
3.Danilo Gallinari :p
4.Eric Gordon
5.Derrick Rose

Gallinari has the mentality, fundamentals and work ethic to be a very, very good player in the NBA for a long time. The good thing is that this type of player usually rubs off on the teamates.

Michael Beasley will be the best individual player, but I'm not sure that he will be able to control games like great players do. OJ Mayo has the work ethic and skills to make it big. At USC, he held back his own game to work on his PG skills and make sure that he was doing everything in the flow of the offense. Once the team developed a chemistry, then they started to win some games. Knowing that Wade was campaigning hard for Mayo says something really good.

I also think that Brook Lopez and Kevin Love can potentially knock two of those five out of that list. Remember that Love and Lopez are only 19 years old and big men tend to come along slowly, but they're already very skilled.

KnicksFan4Years
07-09-2008, 11:57 PM
No matter how you view the importance of front court players and guards you can't say that Rose would only be slightly better if he turns out to be as good as the glove and Gallinari Van Horn. Van Horn retired at what?? age 31??

Glove minus the offense, big difference between defensive PG 13pts/game and defensive PG 20pts/game.

Van Horn had several injuries that slowed him and derailed his career. Plus, he never had the handle that Gallinari already has. Through the first four seasons in the NBA Van Horn averaged about 20pts and 8 rebs, for his career 16pts 7rebs with 36% from downtown.

Van Horn plus handle is a lot better than you think. People always think of Van Horn in recent years after all the injuries.

TMoney3
07-10-2008, 12:04 AM
I love Van Horn. Only played over 70 games in one of first four years. Glove averaged 16 pts 7 assists for a career. With 7 or so 20+ seasons. Who cares, ill take a healthy better defendind version of Van Horn for 12 seasons.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-10-2008, 12:08 AM
KVH was a pretty underrated rebounder at the SF position as well. KVH just was never the lights out consistent shooter many people thought he would be. Hopefully Danilo will be that consistent lights out shooter. That is a big difference in becoming a star player often.

THE MTL
07-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Danilo Gallinari has the skills set to be better than any player in the draft.

fendera7x
07-10-2008, 01:03 AM
i think everyones gettin too excited too quickly. at least wait for the kid to play a summer league game before all these comparisons to dirk and what not. youtube highlight videos aside we dont know anything about him yet, and hes still a 19 year old kid. if he wins summer league mvp, then ill get sucked in to praising the kid. hell, ill call him a combonation of kobe and garnett :D

deftonesrule
07-10-2008, 01:35 AM

what more funny is dg wants to play pg too...

DeeJay
07-10-2008, 05:47 AM

Indeed, that is not a good sign, and tendinitis is sometring tricky on top.

Big Daddy
07-10-2008, 06:19 AM
We will find out in 3 years. Same as football, it takes about 3 years to find out who comes on in the pros and who doesn't have the heart because they all have the skills and athleticism.

Although a guard that young with a bum knee is a bad sign.......wow if I knew he had knee issues I would never have drafted him. First rule of great drafting is never draft players who have an injury history unless you are taking a leap of faith and you DO NOT do that with early first round picks.

The Bulls might have blown another one, the Heat too, he he he.

I like Mayo....and I would have traded down if I had the first 2 pix or tried to.

When Sam Bowie was drafted I said WHAT!!!, he had a history on injury problems. Great player when healthy and would have been a very good center for many years but the guy was always hurt even in college. They passed on Jordan for him......but also look who was drafted later in that draft....amazing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_NBA_Draft

Look at 1985 for a good laugh. Ya wonder how some of those GMs ever got the job.

That's why I say 3 years minimum before we know anything especially considering the youth of the players being drafted these days.

PJAF
07-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Gallinari will outshbine Rose the entire year. It takes more time for a point guard to develop than a frontcourt player.

Rabbit77
07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
I have a feeling Beasley will become another Zach Randolph. Rose will be alright but I dont think he will turn into a better Chris Paul/ D. Williams. I really like Mayo and I think he would have thrived with us but I dont think he is going to mesh well with Gay because he is going from Da Man to a sidekick in a small market. Westbrook will be just ok on offense and above average on D. And I can't shake the feeling that Danilo is going to suprise alot of people.......Myself included. But I strongly believe he will thrive once we get rid of Randolph and improve our atmosphere. We need to shake that losing culture that surrounds the Knicks. Honestly, I only have youtube to base Danillo off of but his poise at the draft showed me that he knew we were booing him because we didn't know any better and he going to earn our respect.

I said the same thing about Beasly being the next Z-Bo and got laughed at! I think your on point with everything you said about the other draft picks as well. The only player picked above Danillo that might have a better carrear I think will be Love. I say might because he has all the offencive tools and the blue colar approach to the game as well as B-Ball smarts but he lacks size and athletiszm for playing on the defencive end. I think Danillio at best will be Dirk,Peja or Kucoc(old bulls bad spelling) most likley not that good. I think the player in the top 10 that will be the best player out of the bunch is going to be Joe Alexander. The kid is an athletic freak that can jump out of the gym and is strong as an ox, oh yeah the kids also a gym rat! Unfortunetly we NY missed out again ala Fred Weis over Artest, Frye over Bynum, Balkman over Marcus Williams, Chandler over Sean Willams again this sucks!

Hustla23
07-10-2008, 10:23 AM
I said the same thing about Beasly being the next Z-Bo and got laughed at! I think your on point with everything you said about the other draft picks as well. The only player picked above Danillo that might have a better carrear I think will be Love. I say might because he has all the offencive tools and the blue colar approach to the game as well as B-Ball smarts but he lacks size and athletiszm for playing on the defencive end. I think Danillio at best will be Dirk,Peja or Kucoc(old bulls bad spelling) most likley not that good. I think the player in the top 10 that will be the best player out of the bunch is going to be Joe Alexander. The kid is an athletic freak that can jump out of the gym and is strong as an ox, oh yeah the kids also a gym rat! Unfortunetly we NY missed out again ala Fred Weis over Artest, Frye over Bynum, Balkman over Marcus Williams, Chandler over Sean Willams again this sucks!

lol I think Gallinari is already better than Joe. Joe can't shoot. But hey you never know, I actually did like Joe Alexander and I thought if we could pick up an extra lottery pick to get him , it would been awesome.

rabzouz 96
07-10-2008, 10:36 AM
0.3%

Rabbit77
07-10-2008, 12:19 PM
lol I think Gallinari is already better than Joe. Joe can't shoot. But hey you never know, I actually did like Joe Alexander and I thought if we could pick up an extra lottery pick to get him , it would been awesome.

Joe can't shoot? Ask U-Conn about that! and his range will only improve with time. The kids only been playing ball a few years. Don't worry about his outside range cause the kid wants to play like D.Howard with a jumper!

SLY WILLIAMS
07-10-2008, 12:37 PM

I did not see Joe in any games but in the things I did watch I thought his skills seemed over hyped. I did not want Joe nor Westbrook (I thought he could be a big reach) in the draft. I wanted Mayo, Bayless or Danilo. I'm very happy with Danilo. Until we see different I'm going to tell myself he is the next next next Larry Bird. :)

KnickVeteran
07-10-2008, 01:23 PM
It's hard to tell if he will be better than rose. Too early.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Danilo has never missed a shot for us since being drafted.

That = the next Larry Bird! :)

Hustla23
07-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Danilo has never missed a shot for us since being drafted.

That = the next Larry Bird! :)

lol he hasnt made one either ! :speechless:

SLY WILLIAMS
07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
lol he hasnt made one either ! :speechless:

So you are saying he isn't a shot hog either. That is good news!

pedsdmd
07-10-2008, 06:07 PM
The Beauty of our pick is that he is 19 and was the star of his Euro team and was not just picked on potential alone.

If the Euro League is better than the NCAA's then he has a shot

TMoney3
07-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Way off topic here but Looking at the 84 draft. I had no idea Carl Lewis was drafted. Did he even play basketball?? Guess not, he was also drafted in the NFL... Man I'm out of the loop.

From wikipedia

* The Chicago Bulls drafted Carl Lewis in the 1984 NBA Draft as the 208th overall pick, even though he hadn't played high school or college basketball. Lewis never played in the NBA. On the NBA's website he's included in a section named "draft oddities"[79] explaining this was an honorary draft capitalizing on his popularity after the Los Angeles Olympics. There's a poll[80] on the same page where Lewis is second to Lucy Harris, the only woman to be drafted by the NBA, as the most unusual pick in the history of the NBA Draft.

* Though he did not play football in college, Carl Lewis was drafted as a wide receiver in the 12th round of the 1984 NFL Draft by the Dallas Cowboys but he did not play.[81]

cheetos185
07-10-2008, 07:19 PM
lol danilo is so good that he can crossover over MJ bird and lebron and magic at once :smoking:

ari1013
07-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Danilo's probably going to wind up looking a lot like Detlef Schrempf. The highlights I've seen remind me a lot of Detlef in his Pacers/Sonics days (back when Detlef was about 6'10" and 225).

So we're looking at a guy who in his prime will contribute about:
15-19 PPG
5-9 RPG
3-6 APG

As a tall SF, he was able to shoot over other SFs and managed to hit at a career 49% from the field, 38% from 3 (including 51.4% one season), and 80% from the line. His best season was in 92-93 when he averaged 19.1 PPG - 9.5 RPG - 6.0 APG.

Or compare him to Hedo -- another tall, skinny SF -- who averaged 19.5 PPG - 5.7 RPG - 5.0 APG this season.

In both cases, you're talking about the guy who was really the third option on a team and was thus able to get some nice open looks. Neither one is a standout defensively by any means. But they both are/were solid team players who have a similar type of game to Danilo.

I could be wrong, but that's what I'm expecting.

As for Rose... who knows. He could wind up being the next Jason Kidd. I wouldn't compare him to Rose.

Compare him to the other F's in the draft and he'll probably wind up being in the top 2 or 3 when all is said and done.

ari1013
07-10-2008, 09:02 PM
I originally thought he'd be a lot like Kukoc, but the more I watched him, the less of Taco Toni I saw. He's got a much better shot than Toni, but he seems like he'll be less of a pest on defense. That's where the Detlef/Hedo comparisons come in.

Spiderfox
07-10-2008, 09:29 PM
I just hope Eddie Curry and Danilo become good friends because Danilo's perimeter shooting will help create lots of terrific opportunities for Eddie inside.. He'll command the attention of a big in his face thus clearing out more space for Eddie to work hard and open lanes for Nate, Chandler, Crawford and Duhon to slash to the basket.. Danilo should avg 12 with 5 rebs and 5 assts.. at least... An All Star within 5 yrs..

pedsdmd
07-10-2008, 11:49 PM
I am just damn glad to have a young player with IQ, exprience, who is tall for his position and has Upside

th2damax
07-11-2008, 02:06 AM
Micheal Beasley was 1 for 14 today with SEVEN fouls in today's summer league game LOL.

If Rose and him become a bust along with Mayo and Kevin Love and Westbrook, and Danilo is the only one in the top 10 to become an all star, can you imagine how much respect we'd get ;)

Come on yall! Please! What??

1. What's the chances of practically everyone in the top 10 being a bust except our pick who turns out to be an allstar! Dag, yall need the season to start!!

2. We get respect if that happens? Why?
If we were 1, we would have picked Rose,
If we were 2/3, we would have picked Mayo or Beasley, hell we even tried to trade up to get Mayo.
If we were 4 or 5 ... and Rose,Mayo & Beasly were gone? rumor has it we would have picked Westbrook, even if he was available at 6., that's who we wanted.
Yeah we would look really good for picking Danillo, when all those guys were already off the boards.

That's rediculous!

3. What you should compare to is who was still on the board when we picked. Who did we pass up for The 'Roos' .
For example: Erick Gordon, Jeryd Bayless, DJ Agustin, Lopez...Darell Arthur, anthony ... etc So... the question is how will those guys do?

If Rose, Beasley, Mayo and/or Westbrook were still on the board and we choose The Rooster, we would look great!

But since they weren't available and IF they ALL turned out to be busts... we would look like OH, The Knicks were Fortunate/Lucky that they picked 6 or else they would have been stuck with them guys.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-11-2008, 08:56 AM
I just hope Eddie Curry and Danilo become good friends because Danilo's perimeter shooting will help create lots of terrific opportunities for Eddie inside.. He'll command the attention of a big in his face thus clearing out more space for Eddie to work hard and open lanes for Nate, Chandler, Crawford and Duhon to slash to the basket.. Danilo should avg 12 with 5 rebs and 5 assts.. at least... An All Star within 5 yrs..

We havent had legit 3 point shooting in a while so I hope he is a lights out shooter.

I bet he does become friends with Eddy because Eddy is pretty close friends with so many Knicks (Jcraw, Malik, Dlee, Jerome, Qrich, Nate, Zach).

I like that we are getting younger every year. Now lets get better! :)

Chi-Town Finest
07-11-2008, 09:05 AM
He will definately be bettter than Rose, I mean c'mon have u seen Rose in the summerleague and he is hurt already. Case closed, Rose will be a bust and DG will be a stud!!!!!:D:D:D

SLY WILLIAMS
07-11-2008, 09:16 AM
This is how I see it. :)

Jordan
Bird
Danilo

cheetos185
07-11-2008, 09:19 AM
This is how I see it. :)

3. Jordan
2. Bird
1. Danilo

here i'll fix it for u sly :D

SLY WILLIAMS
07-11-2008, 09:31 AM
here i'll fix it for u sly :D

Come on dude. You are getting crazy now. I like Danilo as much as anyone but he its too early to put him above Bird and Jordan. Give him a chance to earn it first. :D

knicks religion
07-11-2008, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=HOZ THE KNICK;5798067]

NICE SIG. [ ! ]:):clap:

cheetos185
07-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Come on dude. You are getting crazy now. I like Danilo as much as anyone but he its too early to put him above Bird and Jordan. Give him a chance to earn it first. :D

lol i thought this was the who is the craziest of all thread lol

THE MTL
07-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Whats going on with Derrick Rose? injuried in a summer league? Knee tendonitis. Thats a lingering injury. thats not good.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Wouldnt it be ironic if us getting #6 in the draft turns out to be the best thing when we all were upset lottery night?

Hustla23
07-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Wouldnt it be ironic if us getting #6 in the draft turns out to be the best thing when we all were upset lottery night?

lol we can hope so. People would never complain about the lottery again :D

THE MTL
07-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I cant wait to see how Gallinari dominates the summer league.

BBall-0008
07-11-2008, 03:51 PM
The funny thing is, leading into "Draft Night" the drool' coming from this site, hoping to land D.Rose' could fill an Olympic sized pool..Lol' , Its was Rose this Rose that..... You tube this, ect...!

Even speaking about Jordan,Bird with that tooth pick from Italy is a Joke... Jordan destroyed teams,great teams,Dannello (whatever) has taken apart who? Some Bum's on Greece or Turkey...Big deal..!

THE MTL
07-11-2008, 03:57 PM
The funny thing is, leading into "Draft Night" the drool' coming from this site, hoping to land D.Rose' could fill an Olympic sized pool..Lol' , Its was Rose this Rose that..... You tube this, ect...!

Even speaking about Jordan,Bird with that tooth pick from Italy is a Joke... Jordan destroyed teams,great teams,Dannello (whatever) has taken apart who? Some Bum's on Greece or Turkey...Big deal..!

OK in defense of that, I seen specials on Team Dream. International players were so happy to get to play with these guys that they didnt care. Their attitude was like "Wow, Michael Jordan just dunked on me." The competition wasnt as fierce as it is today and also International NBA players werent allowed to play for their teams.

Anyway, Michael Jordan still would have crushed the international teams. I just thought I had to put that in there.

BBall-0008
07-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I cant wait to see how Gallinari dominates the summer league.

Oh ya'... And that other Italian Import from last year, Marco Belinelli, he put up 35-40 points a few times last year in the summer league. And went on to post 2.1ppg .4rpg .5apg...!!!.... Bust', Bust',Bust'

Hustla23
07-11-2008, 03:59 PM

And Rose has taken apart who? Some kids in school. What's your point. And I don't think Jordan or Bird took anybody out in college either. You don't know how any of these draft prospects will turn out. So get lost.

BBall-0008
07-11-2008, 04:00 PM
OK in defense of that, I seen specials on Team Dream. International players were so happy to get to play with these guys that they didnt care. Their attitude was like "Wow, Michael Jordan just dunked on me." The competition wasnt as fierce as it is today and also International NBA players werent allowed to play for their teams.

Anyway, Michael Jordan still would have crushed the international teams. I just thought I had to put that in there.

I cant stop laughing about "competition not as fierce"...?

Barkley,Kevin Johnson,ect..... Portland,Cavs,Indiana, all loaded..... This "era" we are in is a joke, not even close to the talent in the NBA, 10 years back!

SLY WILLIAMS
07-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Many people consider the Italy pro leagues to be stronger competition than some NCAA divisions.

pedsdmd
07-11-2008, 04:07 PM
And Rose has taken apart who? Some kids in school. What's your point. And I don't think Jordan or Bird took anybody out in college either. You don't know how any of these draft prospects will turn out. So get lost.

*Coughs* MJ and Bird took out lots of people:)

BBall-0008
07-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Many people consider the Italy pro leagues to be stronger competition than some NCAA divisions.

Who has left this great "Italian League" to take the NBA by storm...?Where this great depth of talent resides....

BBall-0008
07-11-2008, 04:13 PM
I also remember some "Italian Stiff" tearing up our Summer League last year, Marco Bellinni for 40 plus a few times, & went on to post 2ppg & .4 apg...

pedsdmd
07-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Who has left this great "Italian League" to take the NBA by storm...?Where this great depth of talent resides....

Its more like a final destination for Euros and ex NBA players

BBall-0008
07-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Its more like a final destination for Euros and ex NBA players
U mean all the guys from the "NCAA" that cant hang' in the NBA....?:rolleyes:

Hustla23
07-11-2008, 04:15 PM

Not only did he play in the Italian leagues, but he also played in the Euro League. If you didn't know, the Euro League is a league where all the best teams in Europe compete. And I'm just taking a wild guess but I'm assuming playing with the best professional grown men in all of Europe (an entire continent if you didn't know ) would be a tad bit more difficult than playing with a bunch of kids that are your age in college.

As for all the talent that has come out of Europe, I'm sure you would know about them.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Seems like many Euros (Dirk, Manu, Parker, Peja) have done pretty well over here. Why dont you worry about Rose and we will worry about our own guy? :)

BBall-0008
07-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Seems like many Euros (Dirk, Manu, Parker, Peja) have done pretty well over here. Why dont you worry about Rose and we will worry about our own guy? :)

Chicago board, Im a Knicks fan!;)

Hustla23
07-11-2008, 04:18 PM

Honestly, some of these bulls fans are too over the top.
I don't see the fun in strolling over to other forums to purposely fight and put down other teams' fans.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Honestly, some of these bulls fans are too over the top.
I don't see the fun in strolling over to other forums to purposely fight and put down other teams' fans.

Seems like some (not all) do it every year. I dont get it either. Lets just hope he stays within the board rules. :D

BBall-0008
07-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Just so we are clear.............. this is what Danilo has to do to reach "King Jordan's" level of play, I hope hes out back working on his game...!

-Most scoring titles—10
-Most NBA Finals MVP awards—6
-Highest career scoring average—30.12
-Highest career scoring average playoffs— 33.45
-Highest career scoring average finals (12 games) - 33.57
-Most consecutive games scoring in double figures—866
-Highest single series scoring average NBA Finals—41.0 (1993)
-Most 40+ point games in the playoffs - 38 (no one else has even half that all time)
-Most 50+ point games in the playoffs - 8 (no one else has more than 4)
-Highest PER - 27.91
-Never averaged less than 27.3 ppg in any playoff series

SLY WILLIAMS
07-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Just so we are clear.............. this is what Danilo has to do to reach "King Jordan's" level of play, I hope hes out back working on his game...!

-Most scoring titles—10
-Most 40+ point games in the playoffs - 38 (no one else has even half that all time)
-Highest PER - 27.91

Jordon was a great player but this is a Knicks forum. We are discussing our own draft pick here. If you want to discuss Jordon, Rose or any other Bulls you should be respectful that this is a Knicks board and go do so on the Bulls board.

cheetos185
07-11-2008, 04:41 PM

-Most scoring titles—10
-Highest PER - 27.91

u knw we really weren't serious about those jordan and bird comparisons lol ...

BBall-0008
07-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Jordon was a great player but this is a Knicks forum. We are discussing our own draft pick here. If you want to discuss Jordon, Rose or any other Bulls you should be respectful that this is a Knicks board and go do so on the Bulls board.

Read the title of this thread....... thats why i'm here....:smoking:

cheetos185
07-11-2008, 04:51 PM

hey if u want to bash Rose than ur welcome here but if u want to praise him than go back to bulls forum lol

SLY WILLIAMS
07-11-2008, 04:51 PM

Fair enough but I'm going by your previous history of coming to this Knicks board to antagonize Knicks fans by putting down Knicks players.

cypherthor
07-12-2008, 09:43 AM
I have not read every post in this thread but I can see Danilio becoming better than rose, anything can happen in the draft. Anthony randolph could end up being better than rose, you just never know.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-12-2008, 09:47 AM
I have not read every post in this thread but I can see Danilio becoming better than rose, anything can happen in the draft. Anthony randolph could end up being better than rose, you just never know.

Exactly. The draft is a crap shoot. Its not a certainty. There is a lot of luck involved. Donnie grabbed Jamal Tinsley at #27 (trade with the Grizz). The Spurs drafted Tony Parker at #28. At that time I heard what a steal Tinsley was but if Donnie could go back dont you think he would grab Tony Parker instead? :)

That was an interesting draft. Arenas went #30.

ari1013
07-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Exactly. The draft is a crap shoot. Its not a certainty. There is a lot of luck involved. Donnie grabbed Jamal Tinsley at #27 (trade with the Grizz). The Spurs drafted Tony Parker at #28. At that time I heard what a steal Tinsley was but if Donnie could go back dont you think he would grab Tony Parker instead? :)

That was an interesting draft. Arenas went #30.
Tinsley should have been better than Parker. He was just as fast, and was a much better defender. Injuries really took him down a notch.