PDA

View Full Version : Bonds Possiblitiy?

Zoomlander
07-09-2008, 06:26 PM
With Gary Sheffield's Troubles at the plate continuing, could Barry Bonds be a possible fit in the DH spot in Detroit....One good point if he does come to Detroit would be......we would have to give nothing up for him.........unlike some of or questionable moves we made this off-season.

~Troy
07-10-2008, 01:45 AM
With Gary Sheffield's Troubles at the plate continuing, could Barry Bonds be a possible fit in the DH spot in Detroit....One good point if he does come to Detroit would be......we would have to give nothing up for him.........unlike some of or questionable moves we made this off-season.

Bonds said that he won't sign and be a DH he's a "baseball player", it's not verbatim, but he wants to play LF.

levignjw
07-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Absolutely not....I would hate to see Bonds in a Detroit uniform. I would much rather see Joyce/Raburn/Thomas DH'ing because I think these young kids give us the speed and youth that we need.

mrsmiggy
07-10-2008, 11:00 AM
bonds would be a disgrace for the tigers..to much drama would wreck chemistry

scottie
07-10-2008, 01:10 PM
I'd love to see Bonds is a tigers uniform. we could always use extra offence. Especially getting a hall of famer without giving up anything in a trade.

smarkow
07-10-2008, 01:34 PM
signing bonds would be the worst move the tigers have made to date. much worse than trading away jair for renteria.
Can someone please block this thread from any more posts? Bonds will not be on this team

JackB
07-11-2008, 07:46 AM
I agree.NO Bonds.As far as him being a HOFer? I think I stand a better chance at getting in. The only way Bonds gets into the Hall is to buy a ticket.

Bondomania
07-11-2008, 09:32 AM
I would be for it, but we have Sheff... that is way to much money to have invested in DH's. If we cut Sheff we still have to pay him, it isn't like his money comes off the books, baseball contracts are guaranteed.

stanpapi
07-11-2008, 09:33 AM
For the life of me, I don't see why this keeps coming up. Last thing we need is another slow guy who can hit for power, but can't field. We've already got 4,5 people who should be DHing.