PDA

View Full Version : Make a run at SG/SF or Center??? FA

mexceltic
07-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey guys....

Danny drafted JR and Walker.... Posey is looking strong for money, Perk had a shoulder operation, PJ´s not coming back..... House hopefully will return, Pruitt is ready for a run to back up Rondo..... u dont need PF cause u have Powe and Davis ready....

Now... u r into the FA market.... who do u go after???

a) Spend extra on Posey? Pietrus is gone who else is there on that spot?
b) Or try getting a Big who could also starts for few games? (Zo)

Ainge´s saying isnt worried at all..... im a little intrigued though

tonyd3b54
07-09-2008, 09:55 PM
i was hopin that if we didnt get posey or maggette ainge would make a run at pietrus but idont think theres alot out there...only other sf i see out there worth getting is childress...

69centers
07-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Childress is a restricted free agent with the Hawks, and most likely will remain with them.

cmoneytakemoney
07-09-2008, 11:54 PM
I really still believe Posey is gonna stay in Boston and if we sign Chris "The Birdman" Andersen to back up Perk and for insurance in case Perk's shoulder keeps acting up I think we can be better this year than last year. If House signs somewhere else (which I think is gonna happen) then Janero Pargo is still available and we could sign him cheap. Tanguay and Felger said he's looking for between a 2 or 3 million dollar contract which is a bargain for that guy. I completely forgot he was a free agent til I seen them talikng about him on Fox Sports Tonight and I love the way that guy plays. He's so quick and can shoot from anywhere on the court. Imagine Rondo and Pargo as the Boston Celtics point guard duo? Wow! That would be amazing.

mexceltic
07-11-2008, 12:54 PM
If Posey doesnt, i finally found someone who can really do his job... Carlos Delfino!!... and then bring in Birdman.

kbrill21
07-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Why is everyone so high on Birdman? Just b/c he is a dunker? He is an average player with a troubled past. Look at his career stats....average. I pray we don't waste our money on this guy. I would rather have Pollard back. This guy has career highs of 17 points and 13 rebounds. Not even in the same game. Career average of 5 points per game. Risk outweighs the reward IMO.

kbrill21
07-11-2008, 01:05 PM
I really still believe Posey is gonna stay in Boston and if we sign Chris "The Birdman" Andersen to back up Perk and for insurance in case Perk's shoulder keeps acting up I think we can be better this year than last year. If House signs somewhere else (which I think is gonna happen) then Janero Pargo is still available and we could sign him cheap. Tanguay and Felger said he's looking for between a 2 or 3 million dollar contract which is a bargain for that guy. I completely forgot he was a free agent til I seen them talikng about him on Fox Sports Tonight and I love the way that guy plays. He's so quick and can shoot from anywhere on the court. Imagine Rondo and Pargo as the Boston Celtics point guard duo? Wow! That would be amazing.

I started a new thread the other day called Pargo/Zo. I too am intrigued by Pargo and would like him over House as the backup. This guy can play!

Arac
07-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Yes, I considered Jannero Pargo too. He got 1.8 millions last season, so he shoudn't be really expensive to mantain.

I've seen some of his games and really liked it. I would still prefer Eddie House over him though. I just love this guy's energy, how he's always ready to play and gives 100% every game. But I guess he didn't like his minutes on the playoffs.

But let's hope he re-signs. If not, Jannero Pargo would be an excellent choice. I heard he wanted a 4 year deal and that he would love to re-sign with the Hornets though.

Corey
07-11-2008, 02:12 PM
He's probably going to get an increase in pay, too. I don't really see Pargo as a serious option. He had a great season.

House would be ideal, for me.