PDA

View Full Version : Warriors In The Mix For Marion?

Conor
07-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Chris Sheridan just said on SportsCenter that there is chatter around the league about the Warriors and Clippers pursuing a trade for Marion. I'm personally all for going after him, but the Heat want a PG or center since they don't have either and I really don't want to include Biedrins for what could be a one year rental in Marion. There is the possibillity of trading Baron for him, which I'd love, but that would take Baron pulling out of his deal with the Clippers.

tru_warrior
07-09-2008, 06:26 PM
I just heard that as well...but didn't feel like there was much substance to it.

ozzyalcala
07-09-2008, 06:36 PM
we would one of the best with a lineup of this team would be really hard to defend

pg-ellis
sg-jackson
sf-maggette
pf-marino
c-beidriens

bayareafan650
07-09-2008, 06:39 PM
What are the odds baron doesnt end up with the clips?

tadmanny
07-09-2008, 06:41 PM
I would let biedrins go. he wants way too much money for how little hes proved on the court. His rebounding is usually there, but I dont see him lasting long as a center. If you look at his point spread throughout the year it's very inconsistent. I would rather trade him and put the money towards a marion long term deal. There are plenty of "decent" centers available through trade. I also heard biedrins isnt happy with the contract talks, so he may just take the one year deal and become a free agent after this year. You might as well get a star player back instead of just losing him. I would also include jackson in this deal. I think monta needs to play the 2. im not buying him playing point. I think its too early to see what direction theyre going in, but well see what ends up happening.

tadmanny
07-09-2008, 06:42 PM
What are the odds baron doesnt end up with the clips?

I think its 50-50 right now. It just depends on whether or not he wants the money, or wants to play for a contender. No one is going to pay him close to what the clippers offered him, so ya, it all depends on whats more important to him. I bet you he is PISSED he passed up the last year deal in his contract with us. Sucks for him. It also depends on if the clippers sign anyone else in the next couple days.

Tmac416
07-09-2008, 06:44 PM
im not big fan of amrion but i think thee is abtter chanc eof him being a clipper than a warrior

Conor
07-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Who plays center for us if we lose Biedrins? Turiaf? Harrington? Neither of them qualify to take full minutes at the 5.

Biedrins is the PERFECT fit for us at center, someone who is extremely quick and long for a 5, and someone who can rebound and alter shot attempts. We might not come across a guy of his kind for years, so I don't think we should let him go for a one year fix.

tadmanny
07-09-2008, 06:46 PM
who would the clippers trade. we have more valuable assets then them. They wont trade kaman, gordon, or thornton....so who else do they have to trade? Exactly, no one. We have harrington, jackson, and biedrins....thats a very impressive package. A sign and trade with both biedrins and marion would be SICK.

Conor
07-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I think its 50-50 right now. It just depends on whether or not he wants the money, or wants to play for a contender. No one is going to pay him close to what the clippers offered him, so ya, it all depends on whats more important to him. I bet you he is PISSED he passed up the last year deal in his contract with us. Sucks for him. It also depends on if the clippers sign anyone else in the next couple days.

I'm not so sure. On the open market, he'll get nothing but the MLE from every team except for possibly the Grizzlies who he obviously won't consider signing with. If we were to sign and trade him to the Heat for Marion, he might get more money than the Clippers are offering, unless we are restricted as to how much we can pay him (since we'd be the ones signing him, then shipping him to Miami).

tadmanny
07-09-2008, 06:51 PM
i dont like biedrins. I have to turn the channel when he shoots free throws. This guy got hyped up too quick. He is very raw and unproven so far. He does have good hands but thats about it. He obviously isnt the answer because everytime we play duncan, boozer, or stoudmire, he gets *****ed and isnt talked about at all. He is too skinny and wont gain the weight. You can just tell.

Lincoln Logs
07-09-2008, 06:54 PM
who would the clippers trade. we have more valuable assets then them. They wont trade kaman, gordon, or thornton....so who else do they have to trade? Exactly, no one. We have harrington, jackson, and biedrins....thats a very impressive package. A sign and trade with both biedrins and marion would be SICK.

No. No it wouldn't. I'll remind you that we have quite a few players who can be SF/PFs now, and by getting rid of Biedrins, create a HUGE hole at the 5. That would be TERRIBLE.
Plus Biedrins avgd almost a double double last year(10.5, 9.8), and at 22, he's only going to get better. As Conor said, he is the perfect center for us, and would be extreamly hard to replace in this system.

Kdirt
07-09-2008, 06:54 PM
If we landed Marion we would have the ultimate run and gun starting 5 and be alot more fun to watch aswell. He helps us defensively big time and can run the court just as good as any big man. We would instantly be a top contender aswell IMO. Hopefully they would take a package of Harrington, Bellinelli, and a conditional pick for Marion.

Ellis
Jackson
Maggette
Marion
Biedrins
= top 5 team in west

Conor
07-09-2008, 06:55 PM
He averages a double double! Very few big men in the NBA can lay claim to that. Sure he can't shoot free throws, but he's gone up nearly 20% in that category, so there's no denying he's improving and could be in the 60-65% range within a couple of years. He still manages to be a good defender based on his quickness and length, so although he is very skinny for a center, he does more than compensate for it. And especially considering he could be playing with guys like Ronny Turiaf and Richard Hendrix in the future, he can covered for against stronger teams.

Conor
07-09-2008, 06:56 PM
If we landed Marion we would have the ultimate run and gun starting 5 and be alot more fun to watch aswell. He helps us defensively big time and can run the court just as good as any big man. We would instantly be a top contender aswell IMO. Hopefully they would take a package of Harrington, Bellinelli, and a conditional pick for Marion.

Ellis
Jackson
Maggette
Marion
Biedrins
= top 5 team in west

Like I said, they're going to want a legit PG or center involved. So to get him, we'd have to include Baron or Biedrins.

Kdirt
07-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Scratch a conditional pick, Id give up 2 number #1's if we could get him inked long term. We would have so much depth and youth. I dont care if we'd be capped out for years to come.

Kdirt
07-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Yeah maybe your right, just a pipe dream i guess.

tadmanny
07-09-2008, 07:01 PM
If i were the warriors, i wouldve gone after okafor. he is a BEAST. I saw him play live last year and I dont know how people get rebounds over him. If he signed with us, hed have to get in better shape, but thats all possible. He made $5,427,307 last year. With the remaining 8 mil or so after maggette, I wouldve given it to him. 5 years, 40 or so million. The bobcats would have a hard time matching this because they dont have much cap room.

I know this would be a stretch, but we shouldve at least attempted it. We need a GOOD PF! He would prob want more money but he told espn a few years back that it was hard to go from champion to the leagues worst. To him, it sounds like winning is more important than the bucks.

Conor
07-09-2008, 07:04 PM
That 8 million per likely won't be enough to lure him away from the Bobcats, remember he's an RFA so they can match any offer and keep him on the team. It would take a hefty hefty offer for them not to match.

Kdirt
07-09-2008, 07:04 PM
If i were the warriors, i wouldve gone after okafor. he is a BEAST. I saw him play live last year and I dont know how people get rebounds over him. If he signed with us, hed have to get in better shape, but thats all possible. He made $5,427,307 last year. With the remaining 8 mil or so after maggette, I wouldve given it to him. 5 years, 40 or so million. The bobcats would have a hard time matching this because they dont have much cap room.

I pretty sure they own Okafor's bird rights, so they can match just about any offer for Okafor. They wont let their former #2 overall pick get away for nothing.

tru_warrior
07-09-2008, 07:05 PM
It's funny how prior to the offseason, no one really said anything about the Warriors. Now that there is room to move people around, we have people talking down on Biedrins, Jackson, Harrington, etc. Where's the loyalty?

tadmanny
07-09-2008, 07:08 PM
It's a business. People dont fall in love with guys on an emotional level. If there's an upgrade waiting, bring him in. People like to see WINNING teams. Ya, they are good players, but obviously not good enough if we didnt make the playoffs. Im so glad to see barnes gone now that you mention it.

Conor
07-09-2008, 07:09 PM
It's funny how prior to the offseason, no one really said anything about the Warriors. Now that there is room to move people around, we have people talking down on Biedrins, Jackson, Harrington, etc. Where's the loyalty?

Nah, there was plenty of criticism for Jackson towards the end of the season when he completely self destructed. Harrington has always had his naysayers as well with the whole rebounding issue. Biedrins, I haven't seen as much, but every player has their detractors. I'd rather have logical criticism of players than blind homerism on this board, it would get annoying if everyone thought all our starters could be all stars and we were a championship team.

tadmanny
07-09-2008, 07:09 PM
I pretty sure they own Okafor's bird rights, so they can match just about any offer for Okafor. They wont let their former #2 overall pick get away for nothing.

If you're close to the cap, 8 mil could be a problem though...

tru_warrior
07-09-2008, 07:10 PM
We had 48 Wins...we ARE a winning team! It was just a historical year in the West. And losing Biedrins and adding Marion...how would that be an upgrade for the OVERALL TEAM? Of course Marion > Biedrins...but that's not what we need right now.

tru_warrior
07-09-2008, 07:12 PM
I guess it's just weird that since the offseason started, everyone's priority was to get Monta and Biedrins resigned. Now that Conor mentioned Marion...all of a sudden you guys want Biedrins gone.

I understand Harrington though...he can go.

tadmanny
07-09-2008, 07:13 PM
In our system, marion plays the 4...he gives us D, scoring, and rebounding. He is a consistent scorer, always has been. We would have a void at center, but we could sign a guy like Elson and make it work.

Monta
SJAX
CMAGG
Harrinton
Biedrins

the team below is better than the one above.....

Monta
SJAX
CMAGG
Marion
Elson

Biedrins isnt that important. THats what im trying to say. hes expendable.

ejdacanay
07-09-2008, 07:14 PM

Ellis
Jackson
Maggette
Marion
Biedrins
= top 5 team in west

With no depth theres no way we'll be top 5 in the west. Top 5 is:

Lakers
Jazz
Hornets
Spurs
Rockets

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 07:14 PM
i think marion fits our system best... i have been saying for years we should try and get him i love to here this talk

esscobar05
07-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Chris Sheridan just said on SportsCenter that there is chatter around the league about the Warriors and Clippers pursuing a trade for Marion. I'm personally all for going after him, but the Heat want a PG or center since they don't have either and I really don't want to include Biedrins for what could be a one year rental in Marion. There is the possibillity of trading Baron for him, which I'd love, but that would take Baron pulling out of his deal with the Clippers.

I don't like to get rid of Biedrins for Marion... Bad move... We need to focus on a back up point guard and a descent PF that will not cost a lot.... Trade Harrington to Det for Rasheed Wallace... He's signed for one year and then go from there... I have never been a Shawn Marion fan...... But first priority should be to sign Monta long term....

tru_warrior
07-09-2008, 07:16 PM
ELSON?!? You gotta be kidding me. What has he ever done in his life?

Conor
07-09-2008, 07:18 PM
If we are to trade for Marion, we'll have to include Harrington or trade him somewhere for something of no salary commitment because that's adding 17 million to our payroll, and we'd rocket over the luxury tax unless we toss in Big Al. So Baron+Harrington for Marion+1st(s) would work for me.

tru_warrior
07-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Marion DOES fit our system...but you cant just get rid of Biedrins and plug in any other center. In our system...ALL FIVE GUYS run, can handle the ball, start the break, etc. We've seen Beans grab a board and dribble it down the court and get the motor running.

Can Elson do that??

djeller1139
07-09-2008, 07:21 PM
I would love it if the Warriors could now get Marion, this would deffinately turn them into a very competetive team in the West. I know this would NEVER happen, but im curious as to what you guys think about this:

Baron (S&T) + Biedrins + Harrington for Marion and Beasley + Pick

This frees up money to go for Okafor or Smith, send out a lineup of

Monta
Maggette
Marion
Beasley/Okafor or Smith
Okafor or Smith/Beasley

I know I'll probably get bashed for this, but just want to see what you guys think since some of you don't want Biedrins. Personally, I'm fine with Biedrins as our C, but I have concern that next year he could walk away, which would be a tough loss with no return. Main problem with what I just proposed is we would have a small center now, as Okafor and Beasley are both around 6-10/6-11 and Smith is 6-9

tadmanny
07-09-2008, 07:21 PM
elson is a very athletic center. do u think the spurs wouldve played garbage next to duncan? no. He was just an example of someone anyway. Just look through other centers that are expendable.

tadmanny
07-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I would love it if the Warriors could now get Marion, this would deffinately turn them into a very competetive team in the West. I know this would NEVER happen, but im curious as to what you guys think about this:

Monta
Maggette
Marion
Beasley/Okafor or Smith
Okafor or Smith/Beasley

I know I'll probably get bashed for this, but just want to see what you guys think since some of you don't want Biedrins. Personally, I'm fine with Biedrins as our C, but I have concern that next year he could walk away, which would be a tough loss with no return. Main problem with what I just proposed is we would have a small center now, as Okafor and Beasley are both around 6-10/6-11 and Smith is 6-9

thats an incredible deal. I would love for this to happen. Its highly doughtful, but i like it. Biedrins is only 6-11 too, so that wouldnt be too much of a change. we play small. thats r game.

tru_warrior
07-09-2008, 07:23 PM
^yeah i took the Elson thing too seriously for some reason. I just don't want to see Beans go.

Conor
07-09-2008, 07:25 PM
The only reason the Heat want to trade Marion is because him and Beasley play the same position and they don't want to play them next to eachother because that would take Haslem, who is their glue guy, off the court. So they aren't going to deal both, it's just a pipe dream.

tadmanny
07-09-2008, 07:28 PM
i would include wright in that deal if we got haslem and marion....

wright, baron, harrington for haslem and marion. then u can add picks or whatever.

then get rid of jackson for a backup pg or something useful to clear cap space.

Monta
Maggette
Marion
Haslem
Biedrins

Thats pretty solid. Haslem would bring a great rebounding and defensive game as well as some offensive skills. This move would help both teams. With miami in a somewhat rebuilding position, wright could grow alongside beasley.

roo3flash
07-09-2008, 07:52 PM
we would one of the best with a lineup of this team would be really hard to defend

pg-ellis
sg-jackson
sf-maggette
pf-marino
c-beidriens

i dont think so all ur players cant shoot but jackson who dosent pass and with maggette there the ball will stop more and ellis is not a true point guard to operate the floor and marion hasnt been a leader yet,

bmac650
07-09-2008, 07:54 PM
i dont think so all ur players cant shoot but jackson who dosent pass and with maggette there the ball will stop more and ellis is not a true point guard to operate the floor and marion hasnt been a leader yet,

ya monta cant shoot the ball...ur right :eyebrow:

Conor
07-09-2008, 07:56 PM
ya monta cant shoot the ball...ur right :eyebrow:

He probably just took a glance at his 3PT percentage and assumed he couldn't. Too bad there's no stat for midrange jumpers.

But apparently Baron is honoring his agreement with the Clippers and will sign with them, so it's looking less likely we'll get Marion unless the Heat somehow spring for Harrington+more or Mullin is dumb enough to include Biedrins.

bmac650
07-09-2008, 07:58 PM
He probably just took a glance at his 3PT percentage and assumed he couldn't. Too bad there's no stat for midrange jumpers.

But apparently Baron is honoring his agreement with the Clippers and will sign with them, so it's looking less likely we'll get Marion unless the Heat somehow spring for Harrington+more or Mullin is dumb enough to include Biedrins.

ya ur prolly right...so baron is gonna stay with the clips?

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Dont think it would be smart to go after Marion unless its a given he signs an extension with us.. We do not need a one year rental that would of cost us probably draft picks and a few young players to get..

Biedris is a perfect center for a run n gun offense... Hes just too soft to bang with the elite centers in the NBA, reason we offered contract to Turiaf..

Conor
07-09-2008, 08:03 PM
ya ur prolly right...so baron is gonna stay with the clips?

Apparently yes.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-09-2008, 08:07 PM

Monta
Maggette
Marion
Beasley/Okafor or Smith
Okafor or Smith/Beasley

Remember... Brian Sabean is not the GM for the heat ( only one who makes signings and trades thinking through his azz ) .. If this trade ever went down the heat's GM no doubt would get fired and his next career would probably be flippin burgers...

Marion and Beasley included in same trade... not going to happen

Lincoln Logs
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Apparently yes.

Link?

Conor
07-09-2008, 08:11 PM
I've just seen multiple people in the NBA forum say that ESPN is reporting he won't back out, but I'm not seeing the actual story so take it with a grain of salt. Hence the apparently. With a guy like Baron, you never know.

djeller1139
07-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Ah please back out Baron!! If he Warriors could basically set up the deal with the Heat right now, and tell Baron that if he backs out and signs a deal for X amount of money/years and e can go to the Heat maybe he will back out, as I would much rather go to the Heat instead of the Clippers who have lost a lot of talent now without Brand and Maggette.

Conor
07-09-2008, 08:21 PM
That could be considered tampering though, not sure....

mavwar53
07-09-2008, 08:25 PM
ELSON?!? You gotta be kidding me. What has he ever done in his life?

Thank you, my thoughts exactly elson has never done anything, beidrins has hands, he is one of the few guys that can finish around the basket cosistently without having to dunk everytime and he can handle the ball better than almost every other center in the league, he is still growing he is what 21 or is he 22 now still very young and improving in every part of his game every year. S/T Baron if at all possible marion would be great with the warriors at the 4 and baron would play for a team that could compete, the only way he stays with the clips is cause it's his home town.

God of War
07-09-2008, 08:31 PM

pg-ellis
sg-jackson
sf-maggette
pf-marino
c-beidriens

Marion, trust me coming from a Suns fan, he fades in the playoffs and his defense isn't all that stellar either. Don't get me wrong, he's good but he can't create and if he's not getting the ball from Nash, he struggles.

One thing to keep in mind, why would you go after Marion when you had Pietrus?

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 08:32 PM

most would agree only better than monta with a mid range is rip hamilton

djeller1139
07-09-2008, 08:34 PM

Oh, well we gotta do something to get Baron out of his Clippers deal!!!

If he doesn't, does our roster stay the same with the addition of a backup PF? Honestly, I don't think

Monta
Jackson
Maggette
Harrington/Wright
Biedrins

places higher than 7th...We still need another player to put this team over the top! Shawn Marion would be an awsome addition, and even without Baron in the deal, the Warriors should deffinately look at other ways to get Marion, and then lock him up longterm so it's not one year rental.

Conor
07-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Marion, trust me coming from a Suns fan, he fades in the playoffs and his defense isn't all that stellar either. Don't get me wrong, he's good but he can't create and if he's not getting the ball from Nash, he struggles.

One thing to keep in mind, why would you go after Marion when you had Pietrus?

First of all, Pietrus is now on the Magic. Second of all, newsflash, Pietrus sucks. Marion is wayyyyyyyy better than Pietrus on every level.

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 08:35 PM

naw its not because he is a FA they are allowed to talk to anybody rite now .... only thing hes done is verbaly agree so really he could go to anyteam but after the way he stuck a knife in our back... could he really afford another big time pr hit buy backing off his word with his home team and 65 mil? i find this hard to believe but i would love for us to sign and trade him and at least get something for him

djeller1139
07-09-2008, 08:43 PM
There is nothing for him in LA! He will not go far with the Clippers, and would have a much better shot at cometeting with the Warriors, had he not opted out, or with the Heat! If he wants to win so terribly, he should think it over and ask for a S&T to the Heat. Warriors get Marion, Baron gets a decent contract n a contending team, and the Clippers get screwed over once again...everyone would be happy (atleast everyone in this forum i believe)

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 09:00 PM
hey djeller... sounds good im down with that lol... u a warriors fan ? just cuz i noticed tha magic banner? i hope it works out i just see it being hard

Lincoln Logs
07-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh, well we gotta do something to get Baron out of his Clippers deal!!!

If he doesn't, does our roster stay the same with the addition of a backup PF? Honestly, I don't think

Monta
Jackson
Maggette
Harrington/Wright
Biedrins

places higher than 7th...We still need another player to put this team over the top! Shawn Marion would be an awsome addition, and even without Baron in the deal, the Warriors should deffinately look at other ways to get Marion, and then lock him up longterm so it's not one year rental.

But you've said before, in an arguement that you were right about, that the Suns and Marion were too small to play in the West and so was shipped for Shaq, which was why the Warriors needed to get bigger as well... And having 6 7 Marion as a PF makes us even smaller than we are now... He's a good defender and great rebounder, but shouldn't be a PF... and Harrington's a pretty good defender anyway and bigger... and Wrights just as athletic, if skinnier, but he's putting on weight so could be as good a rebounder... We'd be TOO small with Marion as our PF, great as a SF, but we have a lot of SFs already... Along with big contract this season which would put us over the lux tax I think and the fact that he might not stay after this season and will get a BIG contract... I really don't see how he helps us that much:confused: I understand he's a great player but I have questions about where and how he would fit in...

The83rdWonder
07-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Actually the main reason the Suns shopped Marion was because Marion was unhappy that the Suns didn't intend on give him a big extension that he wanted.

Lincoln Logs
07-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Actually the main reason the Suns shopped Marion was because Marion was unhappy that the Suns didn't intend on give him a big extension that he wanted.

Well it doesn't seem like the Heat will either. Me and DJ had a different arguement that the Suns were getting bigger, and most of the teams in teh West are already pretty big, and so Marion was traded for Shaq so that the Suns could try to contend with Duncan, so Warriors needed some more size as well. I think that was part of the reason for it. But that's kind of besides the point, which is that a 6 7 pf probably wouldn't work well in the West, even if he is as freakishly athletic as Marion

twissst89
07-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Wut wud u guys give up for Marion? Ur far enough under the cap to give the heat cap relief while u add an all star. Wud u guys do Marion and Blount for Bellineli? The salaries dont have to match up since it doesnt bring u more then 100k over they salary. It gives u an all star and it gives us cap relief and another 3 point shooter.

Conor
07-09-2008, 11:08 PM
No, that would put us at least 5 million over the cap and we'd only be left with 7 million before we reach the luxury tax to re-sign Monta, Biedrins, and Azubuike.

tru_warrior
07-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Ric Bucher just reported on Sportscenter...said to look for Golden State to make a trade for one of the Memphis point guards this week.

twissst89
07-09-2008, 11:32 PM
No, that would put us at least 5 million over the cap and we'd only be left with 7 million before we reach the luxury tax to re-sign Monta, Biedrins, and Azubuike.

Yea but then u upgraded your power foward and can trade Harington to a team under the cap that needs a PF. U cud knock his 10 mil off trading him to the clippers for a draft pick. Or package up Wright and Blount. Or both.

kevin98189
07-09-2008, 11:40 PM
i want marion but how does this fill our need for a PG? marion would be a great addition, but what can we give to the Heat? even if we get him he's a forward and will be taking away time from wright and randolph. i think maggette can play guard and forward. maybe we can have maggette play guard?

djeller1139
07-10-2008, 01:00 AM
hey djeller... sounds good im down with that lol... u a warriors fan ? just cuz i noticed tha magic banner? i hope it works out i just see it being hard

OF COURSE! I just love Dwight Howard as a player, but my team is the Warriors...I just hope they can pull a move and compete in the West..

But you've said before, in an arguement that you were right about, that the Suns and Marion were too small to play in the West and so was shipped for Shaq, which was why the Warriors needed to get bigger as well... And having 6 7 Marion as a PF makes us even smaller than we are now... He's a good defender and great rebounder, but shouldn't be a PF... and Harrington's a pretty good defender anyway and bigger... and Wrights just as athletic, if skinnier, but he's putting on weight so could be as good a rebounder... We'd be TOO small with Marion as our PF, great as a SF, but we have a lot of SFs already... Along with big contract this season which would put us over the lux tax I think and the fact that he might not stay after this season and will get a BIG contract... I really don't see how he helps us that much:confused: I understand he's a great player but I have questions about where and how he would fit in...

That is true, I have said that Marion isn't tall enough as a PF, but i don't know what else we do with Baron if we got him back. We also need somebody else to put the Warriors over the top, while we need to shed cap in order to really pursue someone, so an easier way to get someone is thru trade. I would prefer to have Josh Smith or Emeka Okafor. Both studs at PF, but we don't have the money to sign either of them. If we go after a Grizzlie PG and we trade Al Harrington and/or SJ and we have the money I would rather have Smith or Okafor, but thru trade, only option seems to be Marion who is a great offensive threat, but is a liability agianst the tall tall west.

kntresistheheat
07-10-2008, 01:03 AM
How about you go for a cheap pg like Jason Williams, Keyon Dooling, Carlos arroyo...you can have one of those guys along with marion,ellis,maggette,jackson,and one of your bigs?

i want marion but how does this fill our need for a PG? marion would be a great addition, but what can we give to the Heat? even if we get him he's a forward and will be taking away time from wright and randolph. i think maggette can play guard and forward. maybe we can have maggette play guard?

kntresistheheat
07-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Marion is a double double every night and in the west he avg 18to20ppg and 10+ rbpg and I tell you what I had the pleasure seeing this guy in person and he makes look so easy and has a wing span of 7ft! Oh yeah this guy can do it all block's, steals, he is always in all defenseve team.

OF COURSE! I just love Dwight Howard as a player, but my team is the Warriors...I just hope they can pull a move and compete in the West..

That is true, I have said that Marion isn't tall enough as a PF, but i don't know what else we do with Baron if we got him back. We also need somebody else to put the Warriors over the top, while we need to shed cap in order to really pursue someone, so an easier way to get someone is thru trade. I would prefer to have Josh Smith or Emeka Okafor. Both studs at PF, but we don't have the money to sign either of them. If we go after a Grizzlie PG and we trade Al Harrington and/or SJ and we have the money I would rather have Smith or Okafor, but thru trade, only option seems to be Marion who is a great offensive threat, but is a liability agianst the tall tall west.

theRealDealGSW
07-10-2008, 02:50 AM
biedrins only gets a double double a game bc he is on the warriors, you put him on the clips or somewhere else he is garbo

Lincoln Logs
07-10-2008, 03:04 AM
^ Your point being? Just proves that he's the perfect center for the Warriors, and is just getting better. And you really have no way of knowing he'd be terrible anywhere else either.

This is the latest talking points blog
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2008/07/09/late-breaker-chris-mullin-checks-in-on-maggettes-work-ethic-barons-departure-and-everything-else-warriors/

Mullin says he's always looking to do something big, so maybe one more thing this offseason? I don't know how we'd unload Harrington's salary, but If we did, I think there might be a real possibitlity at going at Okafor or Smith, even though it would prevent Brandan Wright from getting more of his promised minutes. Wright has all the potential to be a stud PF, so I'm kind of on the fence on this one, because Okafor and Smith are good now. A frontline rotatioin of Biedrins, Okafur(unlike Smith can play PF and C), and Wright would be nice.

It's an interesting article, but said Maggette got 50 mil! :(