PDA

View Full Version : Division + Oklahoma City?

Highlight
07-09-2008, 06:12 PM
I don't know if anyone has found out yet, but will Oklahoma City's team be in the Northwest Division next year or will they be in the Southwest?

Just wondering, because this could possibly shake up the standings a bit next season. That's if one of the elite teams switches places with Oklahoma City's team. Oklahoma is just North of Texas, so I was just wondering.

I would think the NBA would just leave them in the Northwest division. Looks like you really can't move any team out of the Southwest division besides Memphis...

Anyways, just a thought.

Reezy
07-09-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty sure they already announced that they're going to stay in the Northwest division. Mainly because it's a perfect 5 teams per division.

Lakerfrk
07-09-2008, 06:35 PM
The smartest thing to do... would be to mix things up a bit...

Pacific
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Clippers
Portland Trailblazers
Golden State Warriors
Sacramento Kings

Northwest (maybe change the name...)
Utah Jazz
Denver Nuggets
Minnesota Timberwolves
San Antonio Spurs (Western most Texas team)
Phoenix Suns

Southwest
Houston Rockets
Dallas Mavericks
Memphis Grizzlies
New Orleans Hornets
Oklahoma City ..........

but this wont happen unfortunately.. not that it really matters. haha.

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 06:41 PM
They'll probably stay in the division the Sonics were.

t-mac1nukka
07-09-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't know if anyone has found out yet, but will Oklahoma City's team be in the Northwest Division next year or will they be in the Southwest?

Just wondering, because this could possibly shake up the standings a bit next season. That's if one of the elite teams switches places with Oklahoma City's team. Oklahoma is just North of Texas, so I was just wondering.

I would think the NBA would just leave them in the Northwest division. Looks like you really can't move any team out of the Southwest division besides Memphis...

Anyways, just a thought.

thanks for the geography lesson. lol