PDA

View Full Version : Stephon Marbury?

warriors4life
07-09-2008, 04:52 PM
The NY Knicks have too many PG's and I believe it's possible that the Knicks buy him out, and therefore making him available as a free agent. I think the Warriors should take Marbury. They can sign him for the veterans salary. Thoughts?

djeller1139
07-09-2008, 04:53 PM
No he is horrible and wouldn't lead us anywhere further...I'd rather give the money to someone else and the playing time to Monta to see if he can actually run the point.

ridere46
07-09-2008, 05:50 PM
if he's available...i'd take him in a heartbeat and so would a lot of teams needing a speedy PG. i think he just needs another chance elsewhere; a change of venue to start playing well again. kind of like how baron was before he joined the W. i hope NY buys him out.

Tmac416
07-09-2008, 06:17 PM
i want to throw up before i even read this.No your very wrong. no team wants marbury if he gets bought the only place he is going is a big market champioship team. he would hate it here. not metnion he is absoulty horrible. your smokin the wrong stuff if you like marbury. he terible, selfish and quite frankly jsut doesnt get it. i dont knwo what your reading hearing, watching but come back to earth becuase no would tkae marbury in hearbeat becuase nobody wants him.

Conor
07-09-2008, 06:18 PM
No. Best case scenario, we get a decent PG capable of 15/5 if given full minutes, but of course the best he'll get is a share of PG time with Monta and I'm sure he won't be happy with that. So worst case scenario: he destroys our chemistry and stews on our IR.

No thank you.

warriors4life
07-09-2008, 06:54 PM
oh sorry. man harsh criticizm here. wooooo. I just thought he needed a second chance.

Lincoln Logs
07-09-2008, 06:59 PM
I think too that he needs a 2nd chance, I just hope it isn't with the Warriors. He can be a decent player, but he just isn't worth it for us.

Conor
07-09-2008, 07:01 PM
oh sorry. man harsh criticizm here. wooooo. I just thought he needed a second chance.

Don't worry about it, no one's going to get angry at you for giving some ideas. We have an opinionated group of posters here, so no matter what you'll have some strong criticism or support on certain topics. That's the beauty of our forum.

still a fan
07-10-2008, 11:04 PM
You are not thinking with your heads here!!

He will be playing for his life, he has lots of talent and has to show teams he can still perform. He must realize he is now 31 and show he can now play team ball. If surrounded with some players he can be potent.

All the off court will go away at least for this yr., he has no choice! He will get picked up and Miami might be a logical place!!

650giants
07-10-2008, 11:31 PM
If Marbury comes to the Warriors he will completely destroy our team chemistry. He is too selfish of a player

Jimmy3702
07-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Depends on whether we have to take his contract. Only sign him for $2 mil or less. If not go after Livingston or Grizzlies PGs.

FC_4_life
07-11-2008, 01:00 AM
I brought this up earlier today, but if we can sign him for under a million, I'd do it. Worst case scenario, we end up using him as a mentor to help Monta learn the position...

Tmac416
07-11-2008, 02:33 AM
he is the worst mentor i could possibly imiagine. seriously.

jbaker1722
07-11-2008, 04:43 AM
Ellis, Jackson, Maggette, and then Marbury. Come on all these guys can't shoot 20 times a game. We need somebody who can take care of the ball and distribute, not somebody who will take the ball out of Monta's hands. This is my first response, but it won't be my last. It looks like it will be another A, B, C, E year for the Warriors. Losing they're best defender, and best steal guy. I forsee many high scoring close games in the next year.

Beno7500
07-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Marbury? :puke:

GSW Hoops
07-11-2008, 09:26 PM

I'm actually with you. I've always been a big Marbury fan and I'm not sold on Monta being our point guard. We tried that and it didn't work, remember? And who is going to back Monta up?

People forget that New York is a black hole for players, coaches, and GMs. Look at Larry Brown, comes off winning a title and then goes to New York. Marbury was awesome in Phoenix, goes to NY and goes to hell. Randolph had good years in Portland and is still ok with NY...Q Rich did well in Phoenix before heading out... Eddy Curry's fat ***....you just can't succeed there.

I think Marbury's got some ball left in him, especially in our system, and a lineup of Marbury/Jacko/Maggette/Harrington/Biedrins, with Monta (as backup pg/sg), Azubuike, and Turiaf off the bench is a damn good lineup.

Tmac416
07-11-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm actually with you. I've always been a big Marbury fan and I'm not sold on Monta being our point guard. We tried that and it didn't work, remember? And who is going to back Monta up?

People forget that New York is a black hole for players, coaches, and GMs. Look at Larry Brown, comes off winning a title and then goes to New York. Marbury was awesome in Phoenix, goes to NY and goes to hell. Randolph had good years in Portland and is still ok with NY...Q Rich did well in Phoenix before heading out... Eddy Curry's fat ***....you just can't succeed there.

I think Marbury's got some ball left in him, especially in our system, and a lineup of Marbury/Jacko/Maggette/Harrington/Biedrins, with Monta (as backup pg/sg), Azubuike, and Turiaf off the bench is a damn good lineup.

we havnt tried monta at the point yet. this will be the first time and he is gonna flurish. i really wish some of you would like read or listen to what mullen and nellie say becuase if you did you know would know that they want hard working, high character guys and marbury is abslutly none of those. Mullen in the nicest way possible said they were tierd of barons antics, and he dint want someon not comited to staying shape, not focusing on basketball. They want team guys and that produce and conintue to work hard.

Marbury is all that excpet its even worse with him. He he been the face of everything wrong with the knicks. Randolph was known as a bad atitude in portland, who go into fights with his temates, no work ethic and out of shape. Thats why the blazers got rid of him. and the knicks are the knicks and picked him up.Qrich has bene innjred most the time he has been there. New york wouldnt be a black hole if they didnt go out and get bad atitude, only in it for the money, fat, greedy, selfish ******* players. Lol the mear fact that you actualy think there is a slight chance of ellis being on the bench is just flat our crazy. Marbury has no place on this team which is why the warrios are not mentioend at ebing at all interested in him

cali72888
07-12-2008, 01:26 AM
rather try and get conley from the grizz for harrington and belinelli..... or get warrick and conley for wright, but i like wright alot so i would be reluctant...

GSW Hoops
07-13-2008, 01:56 PM
we havnt tried monta at the point yet. this will be the first time and he is gonna flurish. i really wish some of you would like read or listen to what mullen and nellie say becuase if you did you know would know that they want hard working, high character guys and marbury is abslutly none of those. Mullen in the nicest way possible said they were tierd of barons antics, and he dint want someon not comited to staying shape, not focusing on basketball. They want team guys and that produce and conintue to work hard.

Marbury is all that excpet its even worse with him. He he been the face of everything wrong with the knicks. Randolph was known as a bad atitude in portland, who go into fights with his temates, no work ethic and out of shape. Thats why the blazers got rid of him. and the knicks are the knicks and picked him up.Qrich has bene innjred most the time he has been there. New york wouldnt be a black hole if they didnt go out and get bad atitude, only in it for the money, fat, greedy, selfish ******* players. Lol the mear fact that you actualy think there is a slight chance of ellis being on the bench is just flat our crazy. Marbury has no place on this team which is why the warrios are not mentioend at ebing at all interested in him

We have tried Ellis at the point and Nelly gave up on it. I really hope it can work, because he's got PG size and can't defend many SGs, but I'm just not sold. If he could play PG, I don't think Baron would have been playing all those minutes last season. But maybe with an offseason of hard work Ellis and Nelly can make it happen.

And I don't think you can blame Marbury for the toxic environment in NY. Like you said, Randolph and QRich and the rest are all a part of it. I just think the guy can still play ball and would love to have him here for a year or two.

garlicboy
07-13-2008, 02:10 PM
When has trying Monta at the point not worked?

The problem is, people expect Monta to be Baron, but that's not going to happen.

Truth is, the team will get better as a whole because they won't be able to rely on Baron so much.

Give Monta a shot at the Point position. I hear people clamoring for Billups.

Well Monta's first year of playing time, his 2nd year, he averaged 4.1 assists as a Shooting guard.

Chauncey Billups as PG/SG averaged less than 4 assists a game from 97-01.

Chauncey Billups is overrated as a distributor, and he's overpaid at $15 million and 32years of age. I like Billups as a leader, defender and leader at the PG position, but he's not the guy for the Dubs right now.

Tmac416
07-13-2008, 03:45 PM
We have tried Ellis at the point and Nelly gave up on it. I really hope it can work, because he's got PG size and can't defend many SGs, but I'm just not sold. If he could play PG, I don't think Baron would have been playing all those minutes last season. But maybe with an offseason of hard work Ellis and Nelly can make it happen.

And I don't think you can blame Marbury for the toxic environment in NY. Like you said, Randolph and QRich and the rest are all a part of it. I just think the guy can still play ball and would love to have him here for a year or two.

no he didnt. nellie never played at the point guard then pulled the plug. Nellie has also said monta is gonna be point gaurd. and as for tmarbury, re read my other post. Thats exactly why marbury is bad. he is selfish selfish ******* and if you dont think he is the face of the prolbems there go into the knicks forum as ask them how much they have loves his aittude the past 5 years there. he is cancer and i dont neev to try defend it. your the only perosn i know who thinks marbury is an outstanding citezen and good mentor. we will never be in oakland. ever ever. ever

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I would rather trade for one of Memphis points....

If it comes at the minimum and does not cost us much then im all over it.. if it doesnt work out or we dont use him he can easily be released..

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-13-2008, 04:28 PM
rather try and get conley from the grizz for harrington and belinelli..... or get warrick and conley for wright, but i like wright alot so i would be reluctant...

no need to include bellinelli... he has alot of talent and would be our deadliest shooter for years to come..

Harrington and a lottery protected pick is better...

garlicboy
07-13-2008, 08:08 PM
I seriously have my doubts about Conley and Lowry. I like Crittenton the best.

Tmac416
07-13-2008, 09:31 PM
lowry is very tough minded and is great back up. but i defintly love crittenton. he good reports at the end of the year plus 6'5.

TrueFan420
07-14-2008, 05:09 AM
Crittenton would be ideal because of his size and all are unproven so its up in the air for predicting how they pan out.

garlicboy
07-14-2008, 05:21 AM
We're pretty desperate for a PG. Marbury is starting to look good. He's looking like the last girl in the bar when you have your beer goggles on and you say "F-ck it!"

Kinda like what we did with Webber last year.

TrueFan420
07-14-2008, 05:35 AM
yea you couldnt have said it better

Tmac416
07-14-2008, 04:04 PM
We're pretty desperate for a PG. Marbury is starting to look good. He's looking like the last girl in the bar when you have your beer goggles on and you say "F-ck it!"

Kinda like what we did with Webber last year.

what, we got our point gaurd, monta. we just need a backup and there are plenty. haha ,if it is that time at the bar then its time to do a rescue mission and throw you over my shoulder and get you away from that girl who will suck your sole away and in the morning your gonna roll over and be like oh **** what did i do.

garlicboy
07-14-2008, 06:18 PM
what, we got our point gaurd, monta. we just need a backup and there are plenty. haha ,if it is that time at the bar then its time to do a rescue mission and throw you over my shoulder and get you away from that girl who will suck your sole away and in the morning your gonna roll over and be like oh **** what did i do.

Hah!

Kind of like what we did with Webber last year.

Thatruth32
07-14-2008, 06:45 PM
i cant think of any other player who pounds the ball harder than steph.... just think of him as a fat chick.... you might be ok with it but all ur friends will be laughing behind ur back...

Tmac416
07-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Hah!

Kind of like what we did with Webber last year.

haha exactly webber was that hot chick in that in high school was a babe, and then after she got divorced and had 8 kids, you find her again and think maybe she still has it

GSW Hoops
07-14-2008, 11:23 PM
haha exactly webber was that hot chick in that in high school was a babe, and then after she got divorced and had 8 kids, you find her again and think maybe she still has it

Haha damn 8 kids.

garlicboy
07-14-2008, 11:41 PM

Painfelly brutal and shameless at the same time.