PDA

View Full Version : Nelson said that Monta is our PG, Jax at 2, and Maggette at 3

GWarrior
07-09-2008, 04:48 PM
This is the phone conversation with Tim Kawakami

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2008/07/09/don-nelson-on-maggette-turiaf-monta-at-the-point-a-good-bye-cigar-with-baron/

tru_warrior
07-09-2008, 05:26 PM
great read. thanks!

Lincoln Logs
07-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Thank you. I thought this is what would happen, but with Maggette the 2 instead.

I don't like Harrington starting, I would much rather trade him and give the minutes to Wright. :mad:

What we trade him for, I have no idea. Looks like all those Al for starting PG talks go out the window. Seems like we won't trade him at all.

tru_warrior
07-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Nelson said in the article that Monta is the point. We're just looking for a backup now...and we can find that backup on the FA market with Dooling, Arroyo, Pargo, Telfair, etc. We just need some depth now...and Turiaf is a good start. Add a backup point and resign Buike and we should be good.

Tmac416
07-09-2008, 06:12 PM
good to read this. im not trying to brag but i called this in about 3 other threads. said maggete would be the thre,e jackson is better fit at the two. Not just me but some other stried to tell people monta was gonan be the point, he has it. and nelly has said it all along. And CONNOR, i told you maggette wouldnt even sniff the four ;) i feel good

Conor
07-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Interesting....if Monta can really make the transition to PG and improve his A/TO ratio, I'm all for it because it gives us the most talented lineup we can put out there.

Conor
07-09-2008, 06:36 PM
What stands out to me in this article is Nellie's praise for Randolph.....he hasn't been the most complementary of rookies the last couple of years and for him to say Randolph has "It" already is pretty encouraging.

robbnen#31
07-09-2008, 06:38 PM
I just don't see us competing in the playoffs with this. It's the same lineup as last year with Maggette attempting to replace Baron in starting lineup, along with Monta at a new spot. We need to trade package AL + somebody/a pick and get somebody else.

Tmac416
07-09-2008, 06:40 PM
its lets us play a biger lineup, increase rebounding, and keep the same scoring. there is poteial to be better defensive team now and still run balls to the walls.

Thatruth32
07-09-2008, 07:23 PM
thanks for posting

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Nice read... I'd rather have Wright at PF though instead of AL. We will see... Still need a proven pg in case all fails with ellis at the point.. Should be fine though but you just never know...

PolloLoco
07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm concerned that when asked about Wright and Randolph - Nelson kept quiet about Wright.

That concerns me with regards to a guy many of us hoped would become our starting PF this year.

Tmac416
07-10-2008, 03:23 PM
he asnt evn brought up in the convo. and 2 weeks ago nelli spoent a whola rticle jsut talking about wright and belinelli. any updated report i have read on him says watch out for him next year. iw ould go into more deatail but this topic has already been beaten pretty badily here

PolloLoco
07-10-2008, 03:30 PM
he asnt evn brought up in the convo. and 2 weeks ago nelli spoent a whola rticle jsut talking about wright and belinelli. any updated report i have read on him says watch out for him next year. iw ould go into more deatail but this topic has already been beaten pretty badily here

What are you talking about? It was asked right in the interview? But instead, Nelson commented about Randolph. This point has been brought up in another forum I frequent for Warriors talk.