PDA

View Full Version : Big trade coming soon? Marion or Haslem has to go?

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 04:44 PM
After watching the Heat flail from the 3-point line last season, to the point where Dwyane Wade thought he had as good a chance as anyone to convert, there is something to be said about James Jones.

Still, last time we checked, Marcus Banks was the only point guard under contract, with Mark Blount the only center with a guaranteed deal for next season.

What it means is there has to be a shakeout in the middle of the rotation, which now includes:

Dwyane Wade
Shawn Marion
Udonis Haslem
Michael Beasley
Dorell Wright
Daequan Cook
James Jones

Leave that group intact, and Wright and Cook never get off the bench.

So how does it shake out?

Last October's Ricky Davis trade is accepted as one of the worst in franchise history. He's not coming back, and neither is the first-round pick the Timberwolves likely will cash in next June. Only a sign-and-trade with Davis for a center or point guard salvages the deal.
With any outside offer above the $2.4 million qualifying offer the Heat has in place, Wright goes down as a draft choice gone wrong, allowed to depart for nothing in return. It's not as if he wasn't given every chance.
Marion or Haslem open next season elsewhere. The Heat simply cannot afford to have so much at one position and so little at center and point guard. A mega-trade is coming. Count on it. (And, almost assuredly, it will come when I'm on vacation at the end of the month. Offseason? What offseason?)
Wade will handle the ball plenty, if for no reason other than to get multiple shooters on the court at the same time.
Small ball will be a most-of-the-time approach, with precious minutes of post play reserved for when Alonzo Mourning is able to offer a few quality minutes after a projected midseason return.
> Discuss this entry

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/2008/07/strength-in-num.html

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 05:12 PM
thats right.a mega trade is coming.hopefully to fill us the center spot

Jonathan2323
07-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Carmelo? Probaly not, but that would be awesome

Conor
07-09-2008, 06:28 PM
If Baron Davis gets out of his Clippers agreement and requests a sign and trade, a Marion for Baron swap would make sense for both teams. You guys would have a ridiculously talented backcourt (Baron/Wade/Beasley) and would be a center away from being an ECF title contender.

zezak
07-09-2008, 06:35 PM
^^^Thats what I'm thinking aswell. I don't know how the Warriors would feel about Davis Coming back. I would imagine Marion would have to be included.

Conor
07-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, personally I don't want him back. I do, however, want to get full value out of him and if he leaves the Clippers, he has nowhere to go unless it's through a sign and trade. So a swap seems to be the best of both worlds for both sides.

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 06:44 PM
carmello sucks.baron for marion?!is it possible?omg.pg davis/chalmers sg wade.cook,morrow(i think we might sign him) sf wright jones,powell pf beasley,haslem lasme,c??zo blount.i would like to have josh duncan too!

ATX
07-09-2008, 06:49 PM
No Carmello!!!!

Baron has already stated that he will honor his agreement to play for the Clippers, even with the departure of Brand to Philly.

ireptheheathard
07-09-2008, 08:51 PM
honestly a big trade better be coming soon. Sorry Haslem supporters its time for him to go. We have beasley now. The haslem era is soon to be over. Point guard is a vital position in the NBA and we dont have one. I have feeling Chalmers is going to have a Rajon Rondo impact on our squad by year two. But we need a veteran to groom him.

Diehardheatfan
07-09-2008, 08:52 PM
honestly a big trade better be coming soon. Sorry Haslem supporters its time for him to go. We have beasley now. The haslem era is soon to be over. Point guard is a vital position in the NBA and we dont have one. I have feeling Chalmers is going to have a Rajon Rondo impact on our squad by year two. But we need a veteran to groom him.

True story besides Dudes faking (Haslem)!!! We need to actually trade him for MO

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the forum, I think Okafor would be a nice addition or just add kwame and get a pg by trade.

Diehardheatfan
07-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Welcome to the forum, I think Okafor would be a nice addition or just add kwame and get a pg by trade.

I agree!!!! We need to keep the Wade, Chalmers, Wright, Beasley, Cook core and try for okafor and a really good point guard. Like Mo. It would be awesome

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Look! Bottom line is that the heat are going to get rid of haslem or marion and according to nba insder on espn it would most likley be marion because he want's to go a team that has money and get an extension. He was saying that the clippers and golden state would probably be the destanation he might go???????

jrodmesche
07-09-2008, 09:42 PM
its very simple its hard to say goodbye to haslem and wright but its obviesly the only thing that makes sense haslem and wright for a center like okafer or somone better and put blount as a sub for beasley and james jones will sub for marion and it will also give chalmers a chance and if hes not good than banks will be insurence

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
No I think I would rather have haslem and wright and trade marion, Look were not going to keep next year he is 30yrs old? Wright and Haslem is still young and they would be huge for us although Marion would to but we might as well set ourselfs up this year for we can hit the free agent market in 2010 and just focus on getting that big name that year.....and we would have all those young player's and we would be deep!

its very simple its hard to say goodbye to haslem and wright but its obviesly the only thing that makes sense haslem and wright for a center like okafer or somone better and put blount as a sub for beasley and james jones will sub for marion and it will also give chalmers a chance and if hes not good than banks will be insurence

Diehardheatfan
07-09-2008, 10:43 PM

Thats all wrong buddie! People dont even like wright like that. Im glad heres gonna be a star

Diehardheatfan
07-09-2008, 10:43 PM
No I think I would rather have haslem and wright and trade marion, Look were not going to keep next year he is 30yrs old? Wright and Haslem is still young and they would be huge for us although Marion would to but we might as well set ourselfs up this year for we can hit the free agent market in 2010 and just focus on getting that big name that year.....and we would have all those young player's and we would be deep!

I agree

fins08
07-09-2008, 11:20 PM
No Mo! Cap Space In 2010 Would Be Nice To Resign Wade And Get A Players. Mo Is Owed Too Much And We Wouldnt Go After A Better Player.

Diehardheatfan
07-09-2008, 11:41 PM
No Mo! Cap Space In 2010 Would Be Nice To Resign Wade And Get A Players. Mo Is Owed Too Much And We Wouldnt Go After A Better Player.

Well wade wants a point guard now. SOOOOOOOOOOO yes MO

JackSplack
07-10-2008, 12:21 AM
Thats all wrong buddie! People dont even like wright like that. Im glad heres gonna be a star

DAMN RIGHT!!

greek miami hea
07-10-2008, 06:53 AM
i really like wright.and i think that wade will like chalmers game.he might be a rookie but he is great!

daleja424
07-10-2008, 07:31 AM
we don;t need a PG to pay for 3-4 years. Mario is our future. He will be starting opening night and will be very effective for us this year. Next year he will already be a solid starting PG. If we trade anybody we need to get back a center and a packup PG...

HeatBBall
07-10-2008, 08:44 AM
i really like wright.and i think that wade will like chalmers game.he might be a rookie but he is great!

yeah i think that Wade will like Chalmers game, just give Chalmers like a year or two and he'll be good. As for Haslem and Marion, I think that Haslem should be traded just because I feel its time for that tempo change and he's not the fastest of players on the court, tho I like the way he plays.

greek miami hea
07-10-2008, 09:00 AM
we don;t need a PG to pay for 3-4 years. Mario is our future. He will be starting opening night and will be very effective for us this year. Next year he will already be a solid starting PG. If we trade anybody we need to get back a center and a packup PG...

i just cant agree mord.and when the 3 years chalmers contract expires,im sure he will extend!yupee!

greek miami hea
07-10-2008, 09:07 AM
yeah i think that Wade will like Chalmers game, just give Chalmers like a year or two and he'll be good. As for Haslem and Marion, I think that Haslem should be traded just because I feel its time for that tempo change and he's not the fastest of players on the court, tho I like the way he plays.
u are right about the speed thing.but who would u prefer to trade?marions contract expires the next year.i want to get something from him.thats right.via a trade

phanatik84
07-10-2008, 10:54 AM
even though wade wants a pg now, do u honestly think MO is the answer???
awde is 2 yrs away from free agency, n even if miami doesnt play well this yr, it still leaves miami w one more yr to prove to wade that miami will win!!! n i think chalmers by then will probably even match MO's production but at a much cheaper price!!! n still go after a top free agent!!! MO is overpaid n wont win you a championship but Mario improving at a cheap price plus Lebron or Bosh WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coqui77
07-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Mark My words 2010 Wade and Bosh will be in Heat Uniforms

ATX
07-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Mark My words 2010 Wade and Bosh will be in Heat Uniforms

Yes, yes, yes...this is what I've been saying too. I've only seen one or two other people that agree with this besides you and me. Everyone seems to want to blow our cap space now or next offseason to appease Wade now...but if we can just be patient with our cap room, this could be very possible (Unlike getting LeBron or Amare). All we have to do is save the cap room created by Marion for one year, and then use the cap room from Blounts expiring deal in 2010. That's about 26 million right there...If we choose not to resign Jones, that's 4 more million right? We have the possibility of clearing around 30 million for 2010 if we needed to. *Chalmers/Wade/Bosh/Beasley* The snag would be if Toronto could match our offer.

DaAzNgAmE
07-10-2008, 12:48 PM
The reason Riley has yet to trade Marion is because he is an expiring contract and would give us huge cap relief by 2010 where riley is has said to be targeting. But what the heat should do is trade Marion now, for a capable starting player (preferably a Center) along with an expiring contract (a veteran PG) that way we can build depth and still have money to either resign wade or pursue some1 like Bosh, Ben Wallace, TMac, Yao, Camby, Kenyon, Joe Johnson and so on in 2010.

DaAzNgAmE
07-10-2008, 12:53 PM
damn ATX you beat me to it lol :cool:

King Koopa
07-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Yes, yes, yes...this is what I've been saying too. I've only seen one or two other people that agree with this besides you and me. Everyone seems to want to blow our cap space now or next offseason to appease Wade now...but if we can just be patient with our cap room, this could be very possible (Unlike getting LeBron or Amare). All we have to do is save the cap room created by Marion for one year, and then use the cap room from Blounts expiring deal in 2010. That's about 26 million right there...If we choose not to resign Jones, that's 4 more million right? We have the possibility of clearing around 30 million for 2010 if we needed to. *Chalmers/Wade/Bosh/Beasley* The snag would be if Toronto could match our offer.

Bosh has a Player Option, which mean he choses who he wants to go with.

noturnormalhero
07-10-2008, 02:41 PM
just speculating here..

Point Guard:

with quinn/banks/mario/jwill in the mix and riley still not satisfied..obviously 1-2 are leaving. riley has even stated in multiple reports that he is looking to fill this void via trade. personally, i see j will going somewhere else. likely place would be orlando since either dooling/arroyo will be going elsewhere. Pacers
are trying to deal Tinsley so that's a possibility but i'm not too intrigued with that idea.

Rumor/Possibilities

I've been hearing reports the Clippers are interested in Okafor/Josh Smith. I believe to get Okafor they'd have to dump a few contracts. Prolly either Tim Thomas or Mobley's. There is no secret that Charlotte is shopping Okafor around. I can't see what we'd offer them that has realistic possibility of obtaining him. Marion is the first name most of you will scream out but they have Wallace,Morrison,Richardson that could play SF. If the Clippers get Okafor off a trade, not sure how much they'd have anything left for a Marion trade. Now i'm seeing the Lakers are contacting Artest' agent. The Nets are trying to trade Krstic but he's looking for a 2-3 year deal which is perfect. Not sure what we'd trade for that either. They arent in desperate need of a Forward and they are eyeing Najara as well.

The only way i see us getting rid of Banks/Blount is in a package deal. I know we all want a superstar caliber player in return if we trade Marion. But if we could get rid of his contract and either Blounts/Banks..the cap relief is HUGE there. I'd take a 1st round pick and a role player and a starter for PG/C whether they are a big name or just a solid player. MY biggest thing is the cap relief.

kntresistheheat
07-10-2008, 03:21 PM
This makes sense, I think if we can open up that cap this year by trading marion and banks/or blount we can get some cash a starter and or role player? Along with that we with the cap space we can possibly offer to josh smith and have the young players along with money to resign our golden boy D.Wade!

just speculating here..

Point Guard:

with quinn/banks/mario/jwill in the mix and riley still not satisfied..obviously 1-2 are leaving. riley has even stated in multiple reports that he is looking to fill this void via trade. personally, i see j will going somewhere else. likely place would be orlando since either dooling/arroyo will be going elsewhere. Pacers
are trying to deal Tinsley so that's a possibility but i'm not too intrigued with that idea.

Rumor/Possibilities

I've been hearing reports the Clippers are interested in Okafor/Josh Smith. I believe to get Okafor they'd have to dump a few contracts. Prolly either Tim Thomas or Mobley's. There is no secret that Charlotte is shopping Okafor around. I can't see what we'd offer them that has realistic possibility of obtaining him. Marion is the first name most of you will scream out but they have Wallace,Morrison,Richardson that could play SF. If the Clippers get Okafor off a trade, not sure how much they'd have anything left for a Marion trade. Now i'm seeing the Lakers are contacting Artest' agent. The Nets are trying to trade Krstic but he's looking for a 2-3 year deal which is perfect. Not sure what we'd trade for that either. They arent in desperate need of a Forward and they are eyeing Najara as well.

The only way i see us getting rid of Banks/Blount is in a package deal. I know we all want a superstar caliber player in return if we trade Marion. But if we could get rid of his contract and either Blounts/Banks..the cap relief is HUGE there. I'd take a 1st round pick and a role player and a starter for PG/C whether they are a big name or just a solid player. MY biggest thing is the cap relief.

HeatBBall
07-11-2008, 11:10 AM
I would love to get something for Marion, but i don't feel the teams out right now will have a huge need for him, but w/e we'll see. and as someone stated, we might wanna keep him for that expiring contract which will give up some good amount of cap space so that we can sign a big name in 2010.

sergiogon
07-12-2008, 10:04 AM
if marion for kaman.and then try to trade haslem banks cook for pietrus, redick, brian cook. with the rest money of marion sing dooling for 3 or 4 mill.
Chalmers/Dooling/Quinn
Wade/Pietrus/Reddick
Dorell/J.Jones/Brian Cook(3 point)
Beasley/Lahsmy
Kaman/Zo/Anthony/Blount

noturnormalhero
07-12-2008, 10:23 AM
if marion for kaman.and then try to trade haslem banks cook for pietrus, redick, brian cook. with the rest money of marion sing dooling for 3 or 4 mill.
Chalmers/Dooling/Quinn
Wade/Pietrus/Reddick
Dorell/J.Jones/Brian Cook(3 point)
Beasley/Lahsmy
Kaman/Zo/Anthony/Blount

how often do u see teams sign a player and trade him right after? for that we go after magette in GS :confused: nice attempt. but yea.

ATX
07-12-2008, 10:50 AM
As if it wasn't obvious, but those hoping to land Biedrins or Ellis, more bad news.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9442

Patrick O'Bryant is going to the Celtics, and with the notions that the most likely Warrior to be traded is Al Harrington, they simply can't trade Biedrins...If they did they would be left without a center...and no, they're not taking Blount in a deal to be their starting center. Appears Nelson is 100% set on keeping Ellis. So unless we're dealing strictly for Al Harrington, I would forget about any trades with Golden State.

noturnormalhero
07-12-2008, 10:57 AM
As if it wasn't obvious, but those hoping to land Biedrins or Ellis, more bad news.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9442

Patrick O'Bryant is going to the Celtics, and with the notions that the most likely Warrior to be traded is Al Harrington, they simply can't trade Biedrins...If they did they would be left without a center...and no, they're not taking Blount in a deal to be their starting center. Appears Nelson is 100% set on keeping Ellis. So unless we're dealing strictly for Al Harrington, I would forget about any trades with Golden State.

good find. thanx for not making a new thread about this LOL. i totally understood and agreed what you said yesterday about people creating new threads for everything!..as far as this is concerned.guessin the celtics are letting go of Pollard and getting O'Bryant instead. Cant see the Heat pushing towards Harrington unless he came with Ellis or Biedrins which is nearly impossible so yeah. Guess this puts our chances with a trade to GS at like 10%..probably less

sergiogon
07-12-2008, 03:32 PM
what about marion+blount+banks+cook for biedrins+harrington+the expiring of foyle the salaries are the same if the warriors make a new contract to biedrins morless 10 mill.

mario/dooling/quinn
wade/j.jones
dorell/harrington/Powell
beasley/haslem/lashme
biedrins/Zo/Anthony/David Padget??