PDA

View Full Version : P.j Tucker

Young953
07-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Do you guys think P.j tucker is gone from the raptors or the raptors will bring him back because i see lots of potential in this guy and i think he can be up there with some of the stars all he needs is better shooting then he can be a threat..What are your thoughts?

Tom Stone
07-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I was a huge P.j tucker fan....we went 7-1 in preseason....he was a big part of that...strong defender good dunker....led teaxs in scoring over lamarcus aldrige and rebounds....he didn't get a fair shot last time he was a rap.

Raptors27
07-09-2008, 04:24 PM
If we can get him cheap sure why not.

Young953
07-09-2008, 04:25 PM
I was a huge P.j tucker fan....we went 7-1 in preseason....he was a big part of that...strong defender good dunker....led teaxs in scoring over lamarcus aldrige and rebounds....he didn't get a fair shot last time he was a rap.

yeah and i think the raptors should bring him out now he just won a championship with holan that.. but that time colangelo was going euro

Young953
07-09-2008, 04:26 PM
If we can get him cheap sure why not.

but didnt the raptors waive him so they wouldnt have so pay cause isnt he still on contract?

Raptors27
07-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Pretty sure he isn't on the contract. Anyone could sign him.

The Wise 1
07-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I know he's listed at 6'5 but he was the same height as Fred Jones. So my question is, how many 6'2/6'3 PF are there in the league? I loved his work ethic and liked the fact that he was so undersized but the fact remains he sucks.

Young953
07-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I know he's listed at 6'5 but he was the same height as Fred Jones. So my question is, how many 6'2/6'3 PF are there in the league? I loved his work ethic and liked the fact that he was so undersized but the fact remains he sucks. he has a 7'0 wingspand so that pays off his height

Young953
07-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I know he's listed at 6'5 but he was the same height as Fred Jones. So my question is, how many 6'2/6'3 PF are there in the league? I loved his work ethic and liked the fact that he was so undersized but the fact remains he sucks.
he has a 7'0 wingspand so that pays off his height

Raptors27
07-09-2008, 05:23 PM

Pretty much agree with you. He was always determined and brought energy but thats about it.

Ragun
07-09-2008, 05:28 PM
he will not be a star.

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 06:22 PM
A 7'0" wingspan, I never knew that.

Tom Stone
07-09-2008, 06:29 PM

Yeah...he can play smallball power forward...but i was thinking small forward....I saw shannon brown tearing up summer league last year(under rated player) then we put p.j on him and shannon browns fast he gets in the lane easy...well p.j shut him down compleatly...and he would be playin slower people then him at small forward.....so in closing p.j tucker could good be a great defender at small forward...and the guy's got a knack for scoreing....

The Wise 1
07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Yeah...he can play smallball power forward...but i was thinking small forward....I saw shannon brown tearing up summer league last year(under rated player) then we put p.j on him and shannon browns fast he gets in the lane easy...well p.j shut him down compleatly...and he would be playin slower people then him at small forward.....so in closing p.j tucker could good be a great defender at small forward...and the guy's got a knack for scoreing....

The thing with that though, is that he's probably one of the worst shooters in the league. I seriously dont think he can hit a jump shot lol. If it isnt a layup or dunk he isnt scoring. He's probably more of a SF then a PF but even at SF I would say he's a little undersized. I like PJ, but just because he shut down Brown in summer league doesnt mean he can be a good defender.

The problem with him is that he has the wrong body for his skill set.

da1nonly
07-09-2008, 07:47 PM
if the oompa loompa's have a professional basketball league... then pj tucker will surely be a star...

(NOTE: oompa loompa's are the charlie and the chocolate factory little people... they are the dwarfs to snow white... the munchkins to the wizard of oz etc.)

as mentioned before... "wrong skill set for his size"

Bob_at_york
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I liked PJ Tucker but if he was able to play, he would have been released. I am thinking that what he can bring to the team... Hassan can also bring to the team. On top of that, Moon also brings the rebounding that PJ would bring to the team. I just think that he isn't needed here.

argo
07-09-2008, 08:12 PM
he was awesome in college, great hands around the basket. he's too small for PF though, and SF's need to be able to shoot. Maybe he's working on his J and learning how to play SF? needs more quickness to defend 3's as well.
hopefully we haven't seen the last of him in the NBA.

Bob_at_york
07-09-2008, 08:19 PM
he was awesome in college, great hands around the basket. he's too small for PF though, and SF's need to be able to shoot. Maybe he's working on his J and learning how to play SF? needs more quickness to defend 3's as well.
hopefully we haven't seen the last of him in the NBA.

He was playing overseas last year (was MVP of the league and de-railed AP's old team) and I believe he is playing on memphis's summer league team.

argo
07-09-2008, 08:31 PM
He was playing overseas last year (was MVP of the league and de-railed AP's old team) and I believe he is playing on memphis's summer league team.

good, he seemed like a great guy. i hope he gets back in the L.