PDA

View Full Version : Warriors to sign Maggette to five-year, $50M contract

Mambo Kings
07-09-2008, 03:10 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10891158

It makes you wonder why L.A. even bothered signing Davis.

noturnormalhero
07-09-2008, 03:13 PM
the brand going to 76ers made me wonder more though. baron davis prolly figured brand would stay and they both run that team, brand leaves and now they have a huge gap in the PF position

daleja424
07-09-2008, 03:22 PM
baron hasnt signed yet has he??? He can still back out

Mambo Kings
07-09-2008, 03:23 PM
I had just posted the Brand news and saw they weren't even re-signing Maggette.

Enjoy, Baron Davis, enjoy!

I guess they're the Clippers for a reason.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't think Baron actually signed anything yet. I bet he isn't going to either if things stay like this.

The Clippers are a cursed franchise :D

Conor
07-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Baron for Marion wouldn't be a bad swap for us now....

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Baron for Marion wouldn't be a bad swap for us now....

I like Baron, but not the stage of his career right now. Also there is the injury risk that I'm not too confident about.

If we trade Marion I want a center for him.

LayZbone
07-09-2008, 04:03 PM
I like Baron, but not the stage of his career right now. Also there is the injury risk that I'm not too confident about.

If we trade Marion I want a center for him.

there are no tradeable centers that have Marion's value though. Baron started all 82 games last season and put up great numbers. That'd be the best backcourt in the league (Wade+Davis). When Baron falls off, Super Mario would be primed to take over the PG spot. It's not a terrible trade IMO.

twissst89
07-09-2008, 04:38 PM
there are no tradeable centers that have Marion's value though. Baron started all 82 games last season and put up great numbers. That'd be the best backcourt in the league (Wade+Davis). When Baron falls off, Super Mario would be primed to take over the PG spot. It's not a terrible trade IMO.

I agree 100%.

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 04:47 PM

But we'd have to commit to Baron for multiple years, and that would screw up our future cap room and ability to sign free agents in the years when the bigger names could become available.

We can only switch Marion's cap amount for another player once, and Imo Baron Davis is not the guy worth giving up that for.