PDA

View Full Version : Baron Davis Sign and Trade Possibillities?

Conor
07-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Since Baron reportedly wants out of his Clippers contract, and I personally don't want him back on the Warriors (which I know I'm not alone on), a sign and trade of him seems more and more likely since the only other team that can offer more than the MLE is Memphis, and we all know he's not going there. So what teams out there would want Baron in a sign and trade? What could we get in return for him?

tru_warrior
07-09-2008, 02:24 PM
try our best to send him to the lakers for odom/farmar...i'd do that in a heartbeat.

Conor
07-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Teams that could be interested in him that he might want to go to: Cavaliers, Pistons, Rockets, Lakers (highly doubt Warriors trade him interdivision), Heat, Knicks, Magic. I base those teams on nothing but the fact that could use an upgrade at PG and other than the Knicks and Heat which are attractive to Baron because of location, they are all contenders already.

There had already been talk of Billups+Wallace for Baron+Harrington, but that got shot down, so I don't see him going to the Pistons. So I see the Cavs (although they don't have too too much to offer as far as instant contribution), Rockets, Heat (Marion?), and Knicks (Magic have absolutely nothing that would interest us IMO).

Rockets and Knicks both have a real nice PF that fits well with us in Luis Scola and David Lee that they could include in a package.

bayareafan650
07-09-2008, 03:08 PM
I think that the Warriors should package Baron and Al for a really nice PF.

J-Relo
07-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Phoenix sign Baron for mid-level... lol...

BAron should be p**** ** as Brand did what he shouldn't have done...

The83rdWonder
07-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Wouldn't it be LAC the ones who do the sign and trade, since they can offer Baron the most money per year?

I would offer a deal around Luis Scola, Bobby Jackson, Rafer Alston, some more incentive, and a pick for Baron if he's in LAC. (Or switch out Battier with Scola or something depending on their needs)

Lincoln Logs
07-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Sign and Trade Baron Harrington and 1st round pick for Conley Jr?

Double slap in the face to Baron as he now goes to the one place he hates. I'm a fan of Conley's. Just a thought.

Conor
07-09-2008, 03:36 PM
No, only the player's previous team can facilitate a sign and trade.

And that's a decent offer I suppose, and I love how Scola fits in with us, but I think the Warriors would want someone with a higher ceiling also involved.....and I'm not sure who you guys have to fit that profile.

Conor
07-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Sign and Trade Baron Harrington and 1st round pick for Conley Jr?

Double slap in the face to Baron as he now goes to the one place he hates. I'm a fan of Conley's. Just a thought.

:confused:
Not sure if you're completely joking or not, but if not, a lot of things wrong with this. Baron would know where he's being shipped in a sign and trade, and he can choose not to sign knowing he'd be headed there. Also, we get completely bent over.....Conley's best case scenario is to be on the next tier down from Baron, and worst case is a mediocre borderline starter. I'd want them to add in a 1st+much more for Baron, not us to add in Harrington and a 1st. Lastly, salaries aren't close to working.

R.Miller
07-09-2008, 03:44 PM
The only place i think baron wants to go is NY. Anyone got any ideas about what we could get in return?

Conor
07-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Probably David Lee+Nate Robinson+Malik Rose (expiring)+Balkman/Chandler+Future 1st or something along those lines.....not too bad of a deal IMO, of course I'd rather get Odom or Marion in return but if we were to trade him for a package that might be the best one we get.

Lincoln Logs
07-09-2008, 03:53 PM
:confused:
Not sure if you're completely joking or not, but if not, a lot of things wrong with this. Baron would know where he's being shipped in a sign and trade, and he can choose not to sign knowing he'd be headed there. Also, we get completely bent over.....Conley's best case scenario is to be on the next tier down from Baron, and worst case is a mediocre borderline starter. I'd want them to add in a 1st+much more for Baron, not us to add in Harrington and a 1st. Lastly, salaries aren't close to working.

Yeah, I honestly didn't know with Salaries and such, but I do think Conley has a brighter future than many people think. He's still young and I could see him making the jump to being a solid contributor this year. I've always liked him, and I think Memphis wouldn't want to part with him for just Baron. Probably don't need to add the 1st round pick though.

As yes I know Baron would never agree to it. I was just trying to say it would be funny, but my meaning didn't really come out that way. The entire post wasn't really serious, just an illogical thought, because I like Conley. :shrug: But now that I think about it again, I think I'd just be happier with Baron instead. So I guess just scratch this idea.

Oh and Miller, I don't see their being any player, or even anytwo players, from the knicks that I would s/t baron for, except possibly David Lee. But there'd need to be another player involved, and I don't see anybody on the Knicks that I would really want as well. Maybe Picks, but I doubt Knicks are giving up those. For any of this, we still have to actually sign Baron, and I'd be more happy with him staying than that.

cali72888
07-09-2008, 04:13 PM
do it for scola and head....

Tmac416
07-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Probably David Lee+Nate Robinson+Malik Rose (expiring)+Balkman/Chandler+Future 1st or something along those lines.....not too bad of a deal IMO, of course I'd rather get Odom or Marion in return but if we were to trade him for a package that might be the best one we get.

hmm hmmm..... thinking.... yea i think i would do it. if we did that i think rose would be bought out but i wuold do it

cali72888
07-09-2008, 04:38 PM
let baron walk and sign wherever and trade for michael redd
put monte at pg and put out the lineup of
ellis/vet FA/watson
redd/azabuke
jackson/maggette
wright/turiaf/ hendrix
biedris/perovic

bayareafan650
07-09-2008, 04:44 PM
we didnt sign magette to that contrat for him to ride the bench

djeller1139
07-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Baron Davis, Al harrington/Stephen Jackson/BW or Randolph (not all of these guys a combination of them, either Al or SJ and either BW or Randolph) for Marion and Beasley + cash/pick/bacup PG.

Monta/Backup PG
Maggette/Azibuike/Bellinelli
Marion/(Jackson)/(Randolph)
Beasley/(harrington)/(Wright)
Biedrins/Turiaf(?)

The biggest problem with this team would be the egos of Maggette and Marion as both want to be stars, but then again this is all just hypothetical, plus I don't know if the Heat would even consider trading Beasley.

OneOpportunity
07-09-2008, 05:29 PM
ya thats never going to happen so there really isnt worth really thinking about

djeller1139
07-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Probably not, but if Baron doesn't sign with the Clips, and the Warriors look to S&T I think the Heat and the Cavs are the most likely teams to get him. I don't know who we would get from either team, as the Cavs don't seem to have much to offer us, and from the Heat I would only want Marion and Beasley, whom they seem unlikely to part with. So if Baron truly comes crawling back it seems almost better to keep him, as I don't know who can offer us the best value, unless we can find a team looking to trade a stud PF (not David Lee), or a team that will stock us with picks.

cali72888
07-10-2008, 02:05 PM
no one is going to trade a stud forward for baron

Thatruth32
07-10-2008, 02:29 PM
naw its over he signed already today with LA

djeller1139
07-10-2008, 03:24 PM
no one is going to trade a stud forward for baron

yes the Heat would, because they now have Michael Beasley and Marions contract is up after this season, but its over now since Baron is a Clipper...

Tmac416
07-10-2008, 03:30 PM
thank god. maybe some people will come back from fantasy island now