PDA

View Full Version : Starting pg nobody thought of

letsgofish
07-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Could you guys think Daequan Cook could be our future point guard? With the signing of James Jones, it gives this team a huge overload at the 2-3-4 positions.

Daequan was our first rounder last year, and I know they won't just throw him off to the side and let him be a 3rd string Sg.

With him at sg, our depth chart is-

Chalmers/ Banks/ Quinn
Wade/ Jones/ Cook
Marion/ Wright/ Powell
Beasley/ Haslem/ Anthony
Blount/ Zo/ filler

But With him at pg, it could open a trade for a center. How you ask? You could then trade banks and Blount for a Center.

Our depth chart then, which I like much better, is-

Cook/ Chalmer/ Quinn
Wade/ Jones
Marions/ Wright/ Powell
Beasley/ Haslem/ Anthony
Traded for center/ Zo/ filler

It would allow us to fill more positions and get deeper and better at pg and c.

Thoughts?

noturnormalhero
07-09-2008, 02:22 PM
dude does not have that good of ball handling skills as a SG so how you expect him to play PG in the NBA over a possible vet or proven PG like chalmers? and seriously. banks/blount. honestly. seriously. what do you expect to get back in return? two bad contracts and two ehh players. and i rather have quinn instead of banks..in my opion at least. cook is a shooter. let him come off the bench to do just that. wade is obviously the starter. i rather give cook a shot then see ricky davis there.

uchiha
07-09-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm pretty sure that Marion has more potential to be our PG of the future than Cook does

letsgofish
07-09-2008, 02:28 PM
dude does not have that good of ball handling skills as a SG so how you expect him to play PG in the NBA over a possible vet or proven PG like chalmers? and seriously. banks/blount. honestly. seriously. what do you expect to get back in return? two bad contracts and two ehh players. and i rather have quinn instead of banks..in my opion at least. cook is a shooter. let him come off the bench to do just that. wade is obviously the starter. i rather give cook a shot then see ricky davis there.

dude, can do a thing called develop and work over time

and proven? chalmers? i dont think hes proven

you can get some one because blount is a fa and i think banks is to.
do you not read the post, i put james jones at sg

letsgofish
07-09-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that Marion has more potential to be our PG of the future than Cook does

he got some action at pg last year

King Koopa
07-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Jones is going to be Play SF not SG. so why are you saying that, cook is going to be 3rd string.

Pg. Mario/Banks
Sg. Wade/Cook
SF Marion/JOnes
PF Beasley/Haslem
C. K.Brown/Zo

noturnormalhero
07-09-2008, 02:40 PM

ur right. being the pg in a national championship team means nothing at all. not proven in the NBA obviously.but yeah..i rather have him handle the ball with 0 games in the NBA then Cook at the present time. nuff said on that. and they are developing cook to be a shooter, to continue with his natural talent or as they say "his bread and butter". not to be a pg. if they thought of him as a PG with quinn/banks/williams in the mix..why draft chalmers?

twissst89
07-09-2008, 02:42 PM
It wud be my dream scenrio but I dont see it happening. His ballhandling is fine but his passing and playmaking skills just arent their. Id like to see him try to devlop those 2 things and his D. With sum work they mite try to see wut he cud do.

letsgofish
07-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Jones is going to be Play SF not SG. so why are you saying that, cook is going to be 3rd string.

Pg. Mario/Banks
Sg. Wade/Cook
SF Marion/JOnes
PF Beasley/Haslem
C. K.Brown/Zo

that means wright will be 3rd string which he wont,

letsgofish
07-09-2008, 02:45 PM
It wud be my dream scenrio but I dont see it happening. His ballhandling is fine but his passing and playmaking skills just arent their. Id like to see him try to devlop those 2 things and his D. With sum work they mite try to see wut he cud do.

cool, im not saying that he is going to be a nash pg this year, it is going to take work

letsgofish
07-09-2008, 02:46 PM
ur right. being the pg in a national championship team means nothing at all. not proven in the NBA obviously.but yeah..i rather have him handle the ball with 0 games in the NBA then Cook at the present time. nuff said on that. and they are developing cook to be a shooter, to continue with his natural talent or as they say "his bread and butter". not to be a pg. if they thought of him as a PG with quinn/banks/williams in the mix..why draft chalmers?

no it doesnt really. being a pg in the national chamionship has nothingto do with the nba at all

jrodmesche
07-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Banks wasent half bad before he got injured last year i think we should give chalmers a chance and have banks as insurence and plus i think most of you can agree you would rather have banks playing then quinn

daleja424
07-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Cook has a better chance of being our starting 2-guard next year then being our PG...

fins08
07-09-2008, 04:44 PM

No they are not!

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Banks wasent half bad before he got injured last year i think we should give chalmers a chance and have banks as insurence and plus i think most of you can agree you would rather have banks playing then quinn

honestly,i prefer quinn.he has a good 3p shoot.and he hired a personal trainer in order to make his 3p shoot even better!and i really like chalmers!he is a good offensive and defensive player and he pass the ball really really good!and he is dribbles really good

daleja424
07-09-2008, 05:26 PM
honestly,i prefer quinn.he has a good 3p shoot.and he hired a personal trainer in order to make his 3p shoot even better!and i really like chalmers!he is a good offensive and defensive player and he pass the ball really really good!and he is dribbles really good

banks is better. more explosive. better shooter. can drive and create (at least better then quinn can)

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 05:31 PM
that means wright will be 3rd string which he wont,

of course he wont.i think we are going to trade marion for a center.so...lets sign morrow and here we go!pg-chalmers,quinn,banks,sg-wade,cook,morrow,sf-wright,jones,powellpf-beasley,haslem,lasme,c-trade,mourning,blount,anthony.and i really like josh duncan.he is better than anthony

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 05:43 PM
banks is better. more explosive. better shooter. can drive and create (at least better then quinn can)
chris quinn.ppg 7.8 apg 3 3p 40.3%64-159 spg 0.7 ft 86.7 %. banks.ppg 6.6 apg 1.7 3p 39.2% 4O-1O2 ft 77.1% spg O.4 .QUINN>banks

blackjack5380
07-09-2008, 05:46 PM
They are trading banks, marion (or haslem), and wright, for most likely and starting center and point guard, I think they are going to make a trade with new york and try to get stephon marbury and eddy curry, or they are going to sign jannero pargo, and just trade for eddy curry, or sign kwame brown, and just trade for stephon marbury. Either way those three I think are gone by the start of the season.

daleja424
07-09-2008, 05:52 PM
chris quinn.ppg 7.8 apg 3 3p 40.3%64-159 spg 0.7 ft 86.7 %. banks.ppg 6.6 apg 1.7 3p 39.2% 4O-1O2 ft 77.1% spg O.4 .QUINN>banks

I dont' know where you got those stats but these are the ones I have found...

Quinn- 42.4/40.3/86.7 7.8pts, 3 assists
Banks- 51.2/40.5/77.1 9.5 pts, 3 assists

If you wanna argue stats argue relavent ones... You were looking at banks' numbers for the whole year, which isn't fair since he was playing 10 minutes a game in Phoenix. In Miami he averaged 21 minutes a game, which makes it easy to compare his numbers with Quinn who also played 21 minutes a game.

...and there is no stat for defense... b/c banks is so much better defensively its almost funny you think Quinn is better. Quinn couldn't stop MY CROSSOVER!

_Supreme_
07-09-2008, 05:55 PM
But how many games have both of them actually played for us?

I'd think Quinn has produced for us a lot more games than Banks, with Banks only getting minutes in a few games, but I could be wrong.

daleja424
07-09-2008, 05:58 PM
But how many games have both of them actually played for us?

I'd think Quinn has produced for us a lot more games than Banks, with Banks only getting minutes in a few games, but I could be wrong.

banks played 12 games for us and Quinn in 60... but his defense and athleticism aren't things that will chance even if his shooting percentage does come down out of the rafters a bit

blackjack5380
07-09-2008, 06:05 PM

Quinn is a better point guard than banks, banks is more athletic but athletic is not always better, I think quinn would make a good starter or a great back up, whichever the heat thinks but they know quinn is better, they said it last year, and they told espn that banks is thier starter this coming year just to give him more trade value, banks will not be there at the start of the season. most likely it will go free agent or trade, quinn, chalmers

daleja424
07-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Quinn is a better point guard than banks, banks is more athletic but athletic is not always better, I think quinn would make a good starter or a great back up, whichever the heat thinks but they know quinn is better, they said it last year, and they told espn that banks is thier starter this coming year just to give him more trade value, banks will not be there at the start of the season. most likely it will go free agent or trade, quinn, chalmers

your crazy dude. no offense, but Hardaway said it best when he said, "Chris Quinn isn't good enough to hold my jockstrap."

Quinn is a career 3rd stringer. If he is so good why hasn't a single team offered him a contract or even mentioned him as a possibility...

6+ teams have called about J-Will, but NONE for Quinn... ya...he's real good

blackjack5380
07-09-2008, 06:15 PM
your crazy dude. no offense, but Hardaway said it best when he said, "Chris Quinn isn't good enough to hold my jockstrap."

Quinn is a career 3rd stringer. If he is so good why hasn't a single team offered him a contract or even mentioned him as a possibility...

6+ teams have called about J-Will, but NONE for Quinn... ya...he's real good
What are you talking about quinn has gotten alot of expressed intrest, so has jwill and dorrell wright, just cause it isnt posted everywhere on the web because they are second and third stringers, so no one really cares unless they are starters, does not mean much, but you are not going to see much of banks at the start of the year, I can guarantee you that, plus why would you give quiinn a qualifying offer and draft a point guard, and the heat are still looking for a starting point guard now, that should tell you which guard they like more.

daleja424
07-09-2008, 06:17 PM
What are you talking about quinn has gotten alot of expressed intrest, so has jwill and dorrell wright, just cause it isnt posted everywhere on the web, does not mean much, but you are not going to see much of banks at the start of the year, I can guarantee you that

Im telling you this. The heat are not going into the year with Quinn as the backup PG. No way they are going to risk their season on Chalmers/Quinn as their backcourt...

blackjack5380
07-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Im telling you this. The heat are not going into the year with Quinn as the backup PG. No way they are going to risk their season on Chalmers/Quinn as their backcourt...
Like I said it will go

trade/free agent point guard, quinn, chalmers
wade/cook or r.davis
bealsey or marion/j.jones
halsem or beasley/lasme
trade/free agent, zo, blount

daleja424
07-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Like I said it will go

trade/free agent point guard, quinn, chalmers
wade/cook or r.davis
bealsey or marion/j.jones
halsem or beasley/lasme
trade/free agent, zo, blount

putting quinn ahead of chalmers is just flat out insane dude... I disagreed with you b4...but now its out of hand...

blackjack5380
07-09-2008, 06:41 PM
putting quinn ahead of chalmers is just flat out insane dude... I disagreed with you b4...but now its out of hand...

Im not saying it will stay that way, but Riley is infamous for sitting point guards with talent untill they learn the system and prove they can handle it but Im pretty sure thats how its going to go at the beginning of the season, maybe if they really believe chalmers is there starting point guard for the future they will move him to second string but not untill he proves that he is worth it.

twissst89
07-09-2008, 06:49 PM
I lkie Quinns game a lot. I got no problem with him sharing the second string role.

ATX
07-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Could you guys think Daequan Cook could be our future point guard? With the signing of James Jones, it gives this team a huge overload at the 2-3-4 positions.

Daequan was our first rounder last year, and I know they won't just throw him off to the side and let him be a 3rd string Sg.

Chalmers/ Banks/ Quinn
Wade/ Jones/ Cook
Marion/ Wright/ Powell
Beasley/ Haslem/ Anthony
Blount/ Zo/ filler

But With him at pg, it could open a trade for a center. How you ask? You could then trade banks and Blount for a Center.

Cook/ Chalmer/ Quinn
Wade/ Jones
Marions/ Wright/ Powell
Beasley/ Haslem/ Anthony

Thoughts?

I just don't see anybody willing to take on Blount and Banks, and I think Chalmers is already more expierienced and just plain better than Cook. I'd rather have him starting over Cook anyday.

_Sn1P3r_
07-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Quinn isn't that bad. He just wouldn't be ahead of Chalmers in the depth spot.

daleja424
07-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Im not saying it will stay that way, but Riley is infamous for sitting point guards with talent untill they learn the system and prove they can handle it but Im pretty sure thats how its going to go at the beginning of the season, maybe if they really believe chalmers is there starting point guard for the future they will move him to second string but not untill he proves that he is worth it.

Riley isnt the coach though... and I think Chalmers will have no problem picking up the system...

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=daleja424;5796864]I dont' know where you got those stats i got them from the espn com .its ok to believe thats banks is better!but we all know that pat riley really like quin.so this is my opinion.banks<quinn or quinn>banks.this is rileys opinion.banks<quinn or quinn>banks

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 07:00 PM
chalmers>quinn>banks

daleja424
07-09-2008, 07:00 PM
I dont' know where you got those stats i got them from the espn com .its ok to believe thats banks is better!but we all know that pat riley really like quin.so this is my opinion.banks<quinn or quinn>banks.this is rileys opinion.banks<quinn or quinn>banks

but you see... Pat Riley's opinion counts about as much as your does my friend when it comes to depth charts and who should get minutes...

...I know this much. No way are they going to pay Banks 16 mil over the next 4 years to be the 3rd stringer...

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=greek miami hea;5797.

...I know this much. No way are they going to pay Banks 16 mil over the next 4 years to be the 3rd stringer...

u are right on this one.16 millions for 4 years for a 3rd string?no way.thats why we want to move banks contract.thats why lots of people want him to leave!

daleja424
07-09-2008, 07:10 PM
u are right on this one.16 millions for 4 years for a 3rd string?no way.thats why we want to move banks contract.thats why lots of people want him to leave!

Well I would love for them to move him...but no one wants to take on that contract...which is why we will be stuck with him and why he will be our second stringer. There isn't a huge difference between quinn and banks (besides defensively)...so if we could trade Banks I would be ok with Quinn... but I dont see us being able to trade him so Banks will be the 2nd stringer at least...

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 07:14 PM
i hope we can trade banks.but...cant we just release him?if he wont be traded?

daleja424
07-09-2008, 07:15 PM
i hope we can trade banks.but...cant we just release him?if he wont be traded?

sure...but we'd still have to pay him for the next 4 years

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 07:25 PM
oh.i d wasnt aware of that.thanks.so.unless we trade him,we will have to have him in our roster for 4 more years.he is ok but i think quinn does almost the same work with less money!

roo3flash
07-09-2008, 07:30 PM

Chalmers/ Banks/ Quinn
Wade/ Jones/ Cook
Marion/ Wright/ Powell
Beasley/ Haslem/ Anthony
Blount/ Zo/ filler

Cook/ Chalmer/ Quinn
Wade/ Jones
Marions/ Wright/ Powell
Beasley/ Haslem/ Anthony

Thoughts?

yeah its good but what i think will happen is trade with either, wright, jason williams or cris quin, ricky davis blount and anthony. any combination of 2 plus anthony...and the lineup would be

Mario/chris
wade/cook/if resign davis
marion/james
beasely/haslem
center from trade/zo/blount

kntresistheheat
07-09-2008, 09:25 PM
No way cook would be our pg, He has no dribbles and is terrible on passing desicions.....NO WAY TO COOK!!!:smoking: